This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    lets get this guy for Gilas 3.0 by all means!

Chan & Fonacier have been inconsistently lately playing for their respective teams in the PBA. We've seen enough (of bad things) from Garry David. Rayray Parks outside shooting is suspect, at least for now.

We need shooters on the team.
    i am in favor of replacing gary david. i think he already served his country well by joining gilas wholeheartedly. i think it is just right to give him the rest his aging body deserved. gilas training and traveling is very draining i suppose. we can just let the old gilas guys earn their living.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• A lot of people are assuming Chan will play for Gilas in 2015. he's not a shoo-in for one reason or another. The decision does not lie solely on Tab.. can't say for sure if he will suit up for Gilas this time around.
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
        A lot of people are assuming Chan will play for Gilas in 2015. he's not a shoo-in for one reason or another. The decision does not lie solely on Tab.. can't say for sure if he will suit up for Gilas this time around.
        well, in your opinion, is Tab the kind of coach who surrounds his team with shooters (like coach chot).. or it isn't really his main priority.. if he needs shooters, chan will definitely be there.. but if it is not much a concern for him, then yes, chan is not a lock for a spot..

Comment

A lot of people are assuming Chan will play for Gilas in 2015. he's not a shoo-in for one reason or another. The decision does not lie solely on Tab.. can't say for sure if he will suit up for Gilas this time around.
          If coach Tab doesn't get Chan, is/are there other better option/s out there? Maybe if Tab is assured of Matt Wright's willingness & availability, he can afford not to have Chan in the final 12-men roster. Lets face it, Phi. basketball doesn't have an abundance of shooters right now. It also doesn't help that Lassiter & Lutz' availability (SMC's willingness to lend them & their eligibility) is uncertain.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

sir analyzed, do you know if gilas will have its training camp in NZ or OZ?
            The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
              If coach Tab doesn't get Chan, is/are there other better option/s out there? Maybe if Tab is assured of Matt Wright's willingness & availability, he can afford not to have Chan in the final 12-men roster. Lets face it, Phi. basketball doesn't have an abundance of shooters right now. It also doesn't help that Lassiter & Lutz' availability (SMC's willingness to lend them & their eligibility) is uncertain.
              just a tidbit, lutz and lassiter eligibility are not in question anymore.. they are eligible period.. UNLESS someone challenges it again - but not using the same grounds that were brought up in 2011.. meaning they should come up with OTHER evidences that is NOT related to the 2011 issue.. because the case in 2011 has been decided WITH FINALITY already (similar to court cases where in once a verdict has been decided with finality it can only be re-opened when NEW evidences come up)

so there that practically makes them eligible and not in question anymore.. there is no such thing as conditional only for 2011.. that is baloney.. no one organization will ever give out such a stupid ruling..

so SMC willingness is the only issue for these 2 players..

but here is my take on the willingness of certain teams to lend players.. i do feel this year will be a different case than 2013/2014.. i think this year Tab and Gilas will have all the players in their disposal.. well for one Alaska has said they will lend their players to Gilas provided after the season.. Jimmy Alapag said training will start after the season as well - no more once a week practice sessions (which honestly in my opinion is just a waste of time and resources).. now San Miguel has been hush hush.. but Robert Non - one of the high officials in SMC - has been with the committee for Gilas always during the deliberations about coaches and players.. and he did not raise any issue regarding this.. well it remains to be seen.. but i think the clincher here is practices will start after the governor's cup..

when coach chot was at the helm, he explicitly said that there would be practices once a week even if there is an ongoing season and during the breaks, they will do daily.. talagang mapapagod ang players mo if you are from another team.. that is really a turn-off if i were a team owner.. but now, Tab and Jimmy has agreed, practices will start around a week after the governor's cup.. that i think will spell the difference in terms of lending players..

i still believe in inter company rivalries between MVP and RSA or whoever, but i do not believe it is the MAIN reason for not lending players.. it is all about their assets and taking care of their assets.. and by starting the training after the 2014-2015 PBA season, that would be much better in terms of taking care of assets..

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                i watched the program of coach chot in sports5.ph last night i only catch the last part though coach tab said they won't have training camp in NZ and they are looking for europe training camp probably turkey but they might invite NZ team to play here and coach tab like abueva .

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                  none that i'm aware off, and I also don't think so. the window of opportunity for Gilas to travel overseas for a camp is prior to the Jones cup scheduled (Aug 29 to Sept 6). So basically from the end of the 3rd conference around last week of July to Aug 25 (1 month) is when an overseas camp (maybe Turkey/ Tab coached in Turkey previously) is Possible. The Tall Blacks fingers crossed may make a stopover in Manila on August 10 for a Gilas game from China (Stakovic cup) before playing Australia. The thing with the Tall black game is Gilas would just be one or 2 weeks into training (this could be a blow out) .
                  There is another 2 game series i'm cooking up in Manila vs Gilas (Sept 10 to 15) . I don't think Gilas will travel out of the country after the Jones cup, but will rest at home before the Sept 23 China FIBA Asia. (there is just 2 weeks gap between the Jones cup and FIBA Asia). Gilas might fill the schedule by inviting FIBA Asia teams (1 or 2) like it did with Kazaksthan in 2013 prior to FIBA Asia.

Aug 14 to 24 is probably the window period for an overseas camp (maybe in Turkey) similar to what Tab did with Jordan and i think Lebanon
                  NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• I have a question , how would the Pinoy public take Tab's 1st official game if it was a blowout vs the Tall Blacks ? This is actually one of the biggest reason for the reluctance to play the Tall Blacks so early at home.

Understand that Gilas would just have started training while this will be the last game of the tall blacks before playing Australia for an Olympic spot. (Adams has indicated he wants to play and OKC has given the go signal)
                    Last edited by analyzed; 02-10-2015, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I have a question , how would the Pinoy public take Tab's 1st official game if it was a blowout vs the Tall Blacks ? This is actually one of the biggest reason for the reluctance to play the Tall Blacks so early at home.

Understand that Gilas would just have started training while this will be the last game of the tall blacks before playing Australia for an Olympic spot. (Adams has indicated he wants to play and OKC has given the go signal)
                      Who cares. It's training.
                      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

I have a question , how would the Pinoy public take Tab's 1st official game if it was a blowout vs the Tall Blacks ? This is actually one of the biggest reason for the reluctance to play the Tall Blacks so early at home.

There will be negativity for sure from the general public, but will it matter to Tab? I dont think so. as you have said the training for the team has just started.
                        We need a player like him today, THE LIM-SANITY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGemiWN6t0E

Comment

• Public led to chot's resignation....

Comment

IF it is a blowout...

it always a fun thing when you underestimate pinoy basketball because the opposite always happens

Comment

• Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                              IF it is a blowout...

it always a fun thing when you underestimate pinoy basketball because the opposite always happens
                              yeah. it would surely be a blowout. Gilas will give them a beating they will never forget! heheh.

how sure it is that the tall blacks will just run us over especially if andray's around or at least marcus. we might lose the game but a blowout? i doubt it. surely, coach Tab will tap the best available players around and his familiarity with the way the tall blacks play ball will come in handy.

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                                Who cares. It's training.
                                Public backlash might lead to tabs premature resignation.hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information