This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
    with the talent we have we need that type of a player..
    Agreed. We need that kind of player, especially at 4. Someone to help Kai out at that spot.

Comment

• it is now getting clearer from now on that KQ are indeed KQ are now molding to become our own version of "Boy Bunganga" Draymond Green minus the machine gun mouth and cucokoo in rhe head.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post

And thats Caelum Harris currently.. he isnt a scorer falshy wing he is a guy who can play 1 2 3 4 5 be cause he is lateral and his strength is enough to do so..
        His teammate was more impressive for me. Deadly from 3 but could also drive. But probably not Hagop eligible.

Comment

• Norman Black seems to be designated to heading the youth program. Hes not the coach, but he will decide the direction of the program

Comment

• Originally posted by Metta View Post
            Yes, Areola had merit to be a legit reserve keeper for France who is also always at the top of the world rankings. Athletes always want to compete at the highest level. Total no-brainer decision for him.

For Jaja, the decision process probably was more difficult given the fact she grew up locally, but athletes always dream of playing in the highest stages (Olympics). Add to that the difference in potential earnings.

For the perspective of our sporting organizations, improve/raise the quality and compensation of our sporting environment so our elite players stay, instead of dragging down our athletes who have outgrown it.
            Speaking of, here's a tweet reflecting the state of our basketball: https://x.com/AcheronSZN/status/1780405610934382677​

Here's another: https://x.com/madeinmnl__/status/178...NT-OlySpQ&s=07

We should call on SBP to improve the development of homegrowns. Hope Dy can make good on her promise to improve our grassroots, and expand on that to get our most promising players abroad.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post

Speaking of, here's a tweet reflecting the state of our basketball: https://x.com/AcheronSZN/status/1780405610934382677​

Here's another: https://x.com/madeinmnl__/status/178...NT-OlySpQ&s=07

We should call on SBP to improve the development of homegrowns. Hope Dy can make good on her promise to improve our grassroots, and expand on that to get our most promising players abroad.
              Perhaps it's the other way around. If our grassroots improve and our young athletes become world-class, they will have more pro options. What needs to improve is also our pro leagues/national teams so our players choose to stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metta View Post
                Perhaps it's the other way around. If our grassroots improve and our young athletes become world-class, they will have more pro options. What needs to improve is also our pro leagues/national teams so our players choose to stay.
                We will need our pro leagues to become avenues of improvement for the international stage as well. That will require a massive change in mindset.

As for elite prospects, we'll have to tailor them to become good both in the international and local pro settings so that they can still be viable players here and with the NT.

Comment

• OT: just recently the national u18 just finished here. Mens, womens and wheelchair.. the champs in mens side is victoria metro.. each state has 1-2 teams. Crazy amount of young talents for both sexes. And the noticeable player in the tournament is the australian wemby from West Australia. Someone point out that australia has already a replacement for rocco zikarsky.

This is what dy and black want for our grassroots

Jordan heading's team West Adelaide Bearcats recently have a u14-u12 camps..
                  Last edited by Silent Killer; 04-18-2024, 05:06 AM.
                  Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                    Guys, do U think it would be justifiable that for instance you're the coach of Batang Gilas U-16 team, you are turned between a 6-foot-3 skilled center and a 6-foot-7 raw center, you will prefer that 6-foot-7 center over that smaller but more skilled center becoz you are thinking long term?

I mean while the 6-foot-3 is more skilled than the 6-foot-7 big kid, the former has a projected height of only 6-foot-6 & will just be another undersized center in FIBA basketball while that 6-7 kid has a projected height of 6-foot-10 & will be a good sized center by Asian basketball standards. The smaller but more skilled center will give U immediate impact while giving the taller but less skilled (at present) kid exposure/experience has long term benefits.
                    Honestly, we should reserve spots for bigs that are 201cm (6'7") and up, and wings that are 196cm (6'5") and up. Well, if we do have them for the age group.

We have enough small guys already. It's going to help the wing-sized players play as wings, while the guard-sized players are just guards.​

Comment

• I just wonder why nobody's talking (or hyping) this player? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D3bKGZw_fg&t=236s

Patrick Perez is averaging around 20 pts/game in a high school team in the US. He's a 6-foot-6 wingman with an impressive 7 feet wingspan ( for reference 6-foot-7 Scottie Pippen, who is known for his impressive wingspan, has a 7-foot-2 wingspan. Perez isn't as athletic as a Caelum Harris but I think skill wise, Perez is better. I think Perez is worth consideration for Gilas.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                        I just wonder why nobody's talking (or hyping) this player? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D3bKGZw_fg&t=236s

Patrick Perez is averaging around 20 pts/game in a high school team in the US. He's a 6-foot-6 wingman with an impressive 7 feet wingspan ( for reference 6-foot-7 Scottie Pippen, who is known for his impressive wingspan, has a 7-foot-2 wingspan. Perez isn't as athletic as a Caelum Harris but I think skill wise, Perez is better. I think Perez is worth consideration for Gilas.
                        Is he in any of the uaap teams’s radar? First time hearing about him. Looks like he has a good feel for the game. Solid as well, skill-wise.

Comment

• isn’t strange that volleyball and football has u18 tournaments but basketball doesn’t? this is my post before that we should have a national youth championship..

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                            isn’t strange that volleyball and football has u18 tournaments but basketball doesn’t? this is my post before that we should have a national youth championship..
                            Sir SK,

for now, I think SBP should adopt the Jr. MPBL because it's already in place as far as tournaments are concern, eg. logistics, marketing, soc-med platforms among other.

rather than creating from the scratch.

NBTC is great because it maximizes and caters talent all over but it's only a short tournament "kaya bitin" to those fans who fond watching potential kids on a basketball court.

every Saturday and Sunday schedule of Jr. MPBL, I like that, on the purpose that school activities of the lads may not be compromise and they could only implement the every other games during "bakasyon grande" or school year break.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post

Sir SK,

for now, I think SBP should adopt the Jr. MPBL because it's already in place as far as tournaments are concern, eg. logistics, marketing, soc-med platforms among other.

rather than creating from the scratch.

NBTC is great because it maximizes and caters talent all over but it's only a short tournament "kaya bitin" to those fans who fond watching potential kids on a basketball court.

every Saturday and Sunday schedule of Jr. MPBL, I like that, on the purpose that school activities of the lads may not be compromise and they could only implement the every other games during "bakasyon grande" or school year break.
                              i think the best way like any other federations is to have that national youth tournament.. part of identifying talents.. u18, u16 tournaments.. imagine pampanga u18 team. pampanga can afford to have 2 teams same as cebu, iloilo etc.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post

i think the best way like any other federations is to have that national youth tournament.. part of identifying talents.. u18, u16 tournaments.. imagine pampanga u18 team. pampanga can afford to have 2 teams same as cebu, iloilo etc.
                                Sir SK,

are you referring to the National Youth tournament with a short format or a long format? with the concept of a typical club team format the way those European are implementing?

actually NBTC has a long format because they had an elimination rounds in the Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao leg before the actual phase which is the National Finals using the March Madness format...with the addition of the Manila Live tournament starting this year.

as for the Jr. MPBL, I think it is more granular type of a format because they had this U12, U14, U16 and U18 category that is why I suggest that it should be adopted instead because of it's regional concept ala NBA.

if your referring to a club concept type of a national youth tournament which allows sister teams but with a regional concept ala NBA..e.g. Pampanga A and B team, Cebu A and B team etc. I think currently we don't have that.

I hope we are on the same page as per your posted message.

thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information