Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rodbi View Post

He's like Iran's Dwight Ramos, slightly taller but much younger.
    I think current Amini is better than when Dwight was 18 or 19 yrs old. I feel Amini has the makings of a Samad Nikkah Bahrami.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post

I think current Amini is better than when Dwight was 18 or 19 yrs old. I feel Amini has the makings of a Samad Nikkah Bahrami.
      Yeah, he had a baptism of fire in the recently-concluded WC and was able to show that he's definitely Asia-Pacific level already despite his age. Kinda makes me envy his country's talent development knowing the level of basketball following/interest our country has,
      ​you would think that we should be producing guys of his caliber at a very decent rate or more than what IRI basketball system could.

Comment

• It will be easy sailing for Gilas against the Thais today but it will be a see-saw against Jordan on Saturday. A dogfight, a pitch battle that an outcome could be decided on how tenacious the winner can be. It could be like Gilas-Dominicana type of match…

Starting unit of Jordan :

SF - RHJ 6”7” (no further intro)

PF/C - Ahmad Al-Dwairi (aka Ahmet Deverioglu) 6”11” Turkish-Jordanian who won Euroleague championship with Fenerbahce in 2017.

PF/C - John Bohannon 6”11” NP played with G-League, NZ-NBL and Kaohsiung where he team-up with J.Brickman. He is a product of NCAA Div I UTEP.

SG - Sami Bzai 6”3” American-Jordanian from US NCAA Div2 SE Oklahoma State

PG - Fadi Mustafa (aka Freddie Ibrahim) 6”3” Canadian- Jordanian from US NCAA Div2 Tampa

take notice all of Jordan’s starters honed their basketball abroad. No home grown. The reality of internationalisation of basketball. Without borders it should be like that. Maybe unfair to many but our world is changing…​

Comment

• Originally posted by Giannis34GOD View Post
          Korea is in trouble that they can’t still beat rebuilding Iranian team… with ratliffe will retire after asian games and poor management decision, they will now behind teams like PHL, JOR and Lebanon.. although they are 1 notches above KSA and same level as Taipei…
          I wouldn't pronounce them dead just yet. They have a new generation: https://twitter.com/heoball/status/1...seK-gYbTQ&s=19

Lee Won-seok (23, 6'9" C)
          Lee Doo-won (23, 6'9" C)
          Ha Yungi (24, 6'8" C)
          Yoo Min-soo (19, 6'7" F)
          Song Kyo-chang (27, 6'7" PF)
          Yang Hong-seok (26, 6'6" SF)
          Lee Woosuk (24, 6'5" SG)
          Moon Jung-hyun (21, 6'5" SG)
          Yu Ki-Sang (6'2" SG)
          Lee Jung-hyun (24, 6'2" PG)
          Byeon Jun-Hyeong (27, 6'1" PG)
          Park Mu-bin (22, 6'0" PG)

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post

I wouldn't pronounce them dead just yet. They have a new generation: https://twitter.com/heoball/status/1...seK-gYbTQ&s=19

Lee Won-seok (23, 6'9" C)
            Lee Doo-won (23, 6'9" C)

Ha Yungi (24, 6'8" C)
            Yoo Min-soo (19, 6'7" F)
            Song Kyo-chang (27, 6'7" PF)
            Yang Hong-seok (26, 6'6" SF)
            Lee Woosuk (24, 6'5" SG)
            Moon Jung-hyun (21, 6'5" SG)
            Yu Ki-Sang (6'2" SG)
            Lee Jung-hyun (24, 6'2" PG)
            Byeon Jun-Hyeong (27, 6'1" PG)
            Park Mu-bin (22, 6'0" PG)
            Doo-won and Won-seok, the dunking duo of the Asian Games U23 3x3 tournament

Comment

• Choi Jun-yong's reels

Heoball
              @heoball

The Peace Choi has comment​

F7lzzNjbAAAFR6A?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

​​​​

Comment

• draftexpress

6-foot-7 Qatari wing Hamad Mousa has been one of the best players at the Basketball Without Borders Global Camp through two days. The NBA Global Academy product has been making shots from everywhere, competing defensively and finding teammates unselfishly​

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                  https://www.instagram.com/p/C3dUlGQufGS/

draftexpress

6-foot-7 Qatari wing Hamad Mousa has been one of the best players at the Basketball Without Borders Global Camp through two days. The NBA Global Academy product has been making shots from everywhere, competing defensively and finding teammates unselfishly​
                  I think this is the son of Qatari basketball legend Yaseen Ismail Mahmoud Mousa who was Qatar's top local player during the early 2000's to early 2010's era.

The younger Mousa was among the key players of Qatar's youth team 2 years ago.
                  "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post

I think this is the son of Qatari basketball legend Yaseen Ismail Mahmoud Mousa who was Qatar's top local player during the early 2000's to early 2010's era.

The younger Mousa was among the key players of Qatar's youth team 2 years ago.
                    Yes, he’s apparently been training in the nba academy and getting attention at BWB

Comment

• Thought this was interesting stuff, so far the nba academy seems pretty good for development. Recent player that impressed at the BWB Hamad Mousa is a product of the academy, Derrick Michael Xzavierro of Indonesia was also a product of that program.​

Comment

• nice clip to watch on how akatsuki 5 leapfrogs Gilas

Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                          nice clip to watch on how akatsuki 5 leapfrogs Gilas

Those reasons are what's obvious on the surface.

Japan, even though an asian nation, already has a history of excelling in world "team" sports. They already figured out the formula from their successful experiences through other team sports (baseball, futbol, women's basketball, etc). With men's basketball, it was just a matter of motivation.

When they finally got motivated (burgeoning pro league, olympics), they just implemented their long-term and efficient know-how. Develop grassroots, utilize elite international coaches, make pro league international-level, place players in the highest developmental level (D1) and help them get to the highest pro level (nba), come up with a system suitable for available talent and always have play-up mentality.

Everything they do is towards a wholistic goal, everyone is on the same page.

Comment

• The australian Wemby

Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information