Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoPilipinas View Post
    But RDO is a francise player of TNT for so many years and very loyal to them and gilas no way TNT will trade a player like him outside their camp. hindi naman dapat ganun trato sa players pag palaos na itatapon mo na lang sa SMC lang uso yun...
    i mean a bridge. conduit team just to get that kia pick.. RDO will still end up with meralco
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
      i mean a bridge. conduit team just to get that kia pick.. RDO will still end up with meralco
      I'm sure they tried that, TNT traded RDO to get more players that they can give to kia like torres, chua, picks, tautuaa etc but umeksena SMB e...

Comment

• “I'm talking to (KIA official) Bobby Rosales and (SMC sports director) Alfrancis Chua and we'll see how it goes," said Narvasa.

Here’s how I imagine it will go:

Longhair to Rosales and Narvasa: “Both of you, drop your pants and spread your cheeks like you’re Abby Poblador, because I’m about to buttrape your team and the league in general.”

Comment

• ds.jpg

Comment

• Good point by DS. BUT ultimately useless. Not many people know about these PBA shenanigans. How many of us post here vs how many uninformed fans?

I don't have the answer either. Lol. Maybe spreading the word in social media? That said, blind fans won't see it no matter how much informed people push for real news/information. As long as their team wins, masaya na yan. There are thousands of SMB fans that will rejoice if they get CS, even if that will ruin parity in the league.

Comment

• When you have 35 thousand people watching the finals, it's hard to be on the other side of that.

Some how the goals of sending a competitive Gilas team and a SMB runned PBA league have to just co exist.
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Lol if smb picks ravena, you all knew a lot of politics in phil basketball the james yap stuff et al.. and kiefer ditching mvp group for smc is lol after all thehype..media backing (as if the media isnt praising kiefer on all things he do) he got..

This where nlex i pick whoever is not pick no 1 would be a blessing
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                  Chot has no patience on japeth..
                  He ain't smart enough to mold Japeth to his full potential. And besides he will always predictably rely on his small ball system(TNT had Carey, Peek, RDO and Kelly as their main bigs for years) than explore other options which can reap long term success.

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
                    http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/ne...tandhanrdinger

“I'm talking to (KIA official) Bobby Rosales and (SMC sports director) Alfrancis Chua and we'll see how it goes," said Narvasa.

Here’s how I imagine it will go:

Longhair to Rosales and Narvasa: “Both of you, drop your pants and spread your cheeks like you’re Abby Poblador, because I’m about to buttrape your team and the league in general.”
                    you have a wild imagination.
                    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
                      It's not just the national team that suffers, it's the league and its players too. The draft's purpose is to balance out the league and make games competitive by giving weaker, less financially capable teams the chance to acquire franchise-altering players. Kia has a shot at the one player that can turn them from a joke to a championship contender, and they piss it away for SMC benchwarmers that will ensure they stay at the bottom of the standings. It shows they're not interested in winning or in publicity for their brand, but instead are out to make money by selling draft picks under the table for cash.

It also stifles development of players like Junemar, who instead of being forced to improve his game with the entry of a quicker, more skilled big man that can match up with his height, will just have an easier time of it because that player is now on his team.
                      Well said bro. I think nobody will disagree with what you have said.

A team like Kia isn't suppose to be involved in professional basketball. What Kia & SMC are doing is a complete disrespect for the sport. Binababoy nila ang basketball.

And they are fooling the fans. They have been fooling the fans.

San Miguel is not winning championships in the hard court, it is winning it in the rookie draft.

SMB can win as many championship trophies and grandslams as they can do thru manipulation, but SMB will never earn my respect.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by MFFL View Post
                        Radical suggestion: allow the smb-kia trade so smb can get cs, but allow naturalized pinoys such as douthit and blatche (and in the future, austin) to play as locals in the pba
                        It won't happen. SMC won't allow it happening.

Why?

Those naturalized players would serve as leverage of others team to neutralize SMC teams' edge in the frontline. Ginebra & SMB has the most formidable frontline among the PBA teams & they enjoy a significant advantage over the rest of the field. Imagine if Talk N' Text will have a Blatche or an Austin being considered as a "local" player. SMC wants to exploit every opportunity it could get to insure its dominance in the PBA. It is willing to use every dirty trick in the book to make sure its teams will have the strongest rosters among the PBA teams.

As I said, SMC isn't winning championships in the hard court. It is winning it in the rookie draft & in the negotiating table.
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/ne...head-coach-pba

Reliable sources confirmed to SPIN.ph Alas' appointment on Thursday, taking over the position of former coach Ariel Vanguardia.

Phoenix management led by team governor Atty. Raymund Zorillo later made the announcement official in a statement sent to various media outlets.

Alas will be bringing with him at Phoenix fellow Alaska deputy Topex Robinson while keeping the services of Nic Belasco.

Comment

• http://m.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news...ubid-mccarthyS still goes to SMB

Comment

• Helterbrand finally retires. Caguioa should follow suit. Give chance to the young guys.

Comment

• The furious and the jet

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information