Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Its looking like Berto and BGR are headed to TNT while Galinato, Aurin and Tungcab are the most likely to be shipped out coupled with a draft pick or two. Blackwater still discussing with Cariaso on who they will let go being the conduit team to facilitate the Bolick trade, they are trying to get Rosario to NLEX but Cariaso is opposed to the idea of trading Troy.
    お元気ですか?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by r1ck View Post
      Its looking like Berto and BGR are headed to TNT while Galinato, Aurin and Tungcab are the most likely to be shipped out coupled with a draft pick or two. Blackwater still discussing with Cariaso on who they will let go being the conduit team to facilitate the Bolick trade, they are trying to get Rosario to NLEX but Cariaso is opposed to the idea of trading Troy.
      MVP's last hurrah for TNT to win multiple PBA titles in the next 2 or 3 seasons, it seems like. Screw the parity in the PBA, it's just for the deluded, lol

      Comment


      • imho berto to meralco makes more sense, that roster of role/complimentary players needs an alpha like berto

        meanwhile TNT’s roster and culture is just too toxic, but yeah TNT is the flagship

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CoJ View Post
          imho berto to meralco makes more sense, that roster of role/complimentary players needs an alpha like berto

          meanwhile TNT’s roster and culture is just too toxic, but yeah TNT is the flagship
          For MERALCO to get Berto, they might need to clear up guard space and maybe a big. Pascual and Caram or Banchero, plus two 1sts?

          Comment


          • Where is nambatac going?

            Comment


            • Comment


              • Originally posted by IPC View Post

                For MERALCO to get Berto, they might need to clear up guard space and maybe a big. Pascual and Caram or Banchero, plus two 1sts?
                man that will just destroy Meralco’s depth, status quo na nga lang

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Blueorgreen22 View Post
                  Where is nambatac going?
                  Might be TNT bound says Snow

                  Comment


                  • Ayo on the way out?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by IPC View Post
                      SMB's roster strength masks their deficiencies (lack of lengthy defensive wings and lack of defensive bigs) in the PBA. No team in the PBA can match their firepower. Even the two best defensive teams (Ginebra and Mags) haven't matched up well with SMB.
                      Originally posted by Rds View Post
                      In fairness, June mar is still the best defensive big in the PBA. With him in the paint Tyler Bey can't really do much. Of course internationally it is a different story. If the PBA allowed even just 6'10 guys then June mar would have a problem just as he had before. Mags don't really have a dominant scorer they can go to. For GSM it has actually been CS putting pressure in the paint and creating for the team. Unfortunately, even CS couldn't score much against JF in the paint. Abueva is wasted in Mags. Phoenix was the best fit for him. He was just the third scorer behind Wright and Perkins. But when he exploded for moments he event matched Bayron mode Parks point for point. Yes Bayron-mode because after that series he could barely play and eventually got injured. Phoenix would have given GSM lots of problem then. If they didn't sell Abueva they couldve been contenders.
                      Actually, I think June Mar and SMB would have a problem defensively if all these things coincided:

                      1. Bigs who can finish on pick-and-rolls;

                      2. Teams that can space the floor for the rim-running bigs;

                      3. Guards who can deliver pocket passes on PnR's AND consistently shoot or drive off the PnR.

                      Problem is, no PBA team has all three, or any combination of the three. And the pick and roll is not a bread and butter play in the Philippines. You'd have to go abroad to find a team that can expose SMB's deficiencies.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by IPC View Post



                        Actually, I think June Mar and SMB would have a problem defensively if all these things coincided:

                        1. Bigs who can finish on pick-and-rolls;

                        2. Teams that can space the floor for the rim-running bigs;

                        3. Guards who can deliver pocket passes on PnR's AND consistently shoot or drive off the PnR.

                        Problem is, no PBA team has all three, or any combination of the three. And the pick and roll is not a bread and butter play in the Philippines. You'd have to go abroad to find a team that can expose SMB's deficiencies.
                        GSM has the closest guy to that with CS. That's why I think they're the hardest match up for SMB. But yes you're right. SMB has a lot of holes against better competition. It remains to be seen how they will improve on that if they are again the EASL rep.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
                          dang, he overstayed his welcome again? did he burn bridges? at this rate he’ll be coaching low tier schools from CUSA or UCBL as he burned bridges on all major power blocks (dominicans, la salians, smc, long hair, mvp, chooks)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CoJ View Post

                            dang, he overstayed his welcome again? did he burn bridges? at this rate he’ll be coaching low tier schools from CUSA or UCBL as he burned bridges on all major power blocks (dominicans, la salians, smc, long hair, mvp, chooks)
                            There's still the possibility of him coming back to Letran. They could still un ban him if he coaches for them

                            Comment


                            • In the case of Converge I think its a case of too many cooks in their kitchen. They have Ayo who values homegrown talent over fil ams. Then you have Jacob Lao who I think has free reign regarding roster building since he mostly drafted and signed up his drinking buddies from Ateneo. And then you have the cartel like boss in Delta who is just as outspoken and passionate about basketball and I think the reason why Converge is tanking right now so that they could secure his prized player Justine Baltazar in the draft.

                              And I think Ayo just might step down because it looks like he doesnt have that much influence anymore regarding where the team wants to go. There were also rumors that Ayo was not pleased in Jacob Lao drafting Andrade in the first round since he had another player in mind for that spot.
                              お元気ですか?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by r1ck View Post
                                In the case of Converge I think its a case of too many cooks in their kitchen. They have Ayo who values homegrown talent over fil ams. Then you have Jacob Lao who I think has free reign regarding roster building since he mostly drafted and signed up his drinking buddies from Ateneo. And then you have the cartel like boss in Delta who is just as outspoken and passionate about basketball and I think the reason why Converge is tanking right now so that they could secure his prized player Justine Baltazar in the draft.

                                And I think Ayo just might step down because it looks like he doesnt have that much influence anymore regarding where the team wants to go. There were also rumors that Ayo was not pleased in Jacob Lao drafting Andrade in the first round since he had another player in mind for that spot.
                                This seems like the case, Converge's lineup was mind bogglingly awful, like people who waay outclassed in the PBA bar some of their starters.

                                Even blackwater and Terrafirma had more competitive players

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information