Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zuma169 View Post
    Again, while exposing younglings to foreign competition is vital and important in the program.. wag naman kalimutan our local leagues.. yes they FLAWS at this moment, but if we keep pushing our talented players to play abroad, our local leagues will diminish and slowly die, and if that happens, that will be the death of basketball, the number 1 sport in the Philippines and the thing we most love.. jobs will be gone, everything..

that is why, aside from encouraging young ones to play abroad, at the same time kalampagin, really push and push and push our local leagues to institute changes no matter what..

you always joke that the PBA die.. if that dies basketball will die in the Philippines.. creating another league as a replacement is not the solution.. we need to institute more fairness and competitiveness in the league that is progressive..
    Originally posted by IPC View Post
    Playing abroad should be a temporary solution until the PBA institutes the necessary reform. However, it will take a massive overhaul which will take years. Need someone who has enough guts to institute the necessary changes to make the PBA more competitive in Asian basketball, better-adjusted to FIBA tournaments, and more attractive to 19-22yo players.
    Some reforms I have in mind:

1. Find ways to make teams more profitable. Need the PBA teams to be treated more like a business than just another expense so as to make a two-conference format with shorter playoffs (best-of-3 series) more feasible.

2. Find ways to regionalize the league, starting with maybe assigning teams to the Mega Manila area. Yes, politicians, especially those who like basketball like Delta, will be there and find ways to get involved, but that's a risk we'll have to take. Corporations can still own teams, like King Power does with Leicester City, but maybe we have to adjust to the sister teams. I think regionalizing the league would have to be given first to the big teams, then look for other cities with stadiums that can fill a crowd.

3. Longer elimination round. Instead of just 11 games, why not make it 16-18? Sure, more farm team games, but the longer format would give teams the opportunities to develop their younger (read: 19-22yo) players, so that there would be less pressure to use veterans and give the younger guys some burn and confidence.

4. Two-conference format, both with imports and under EASL rules (2 world imports + NP/Asian player), similar to Mexico's apertura/clausura format. It can help EASL teams build chemistry with their imports. Furthermore, the teams have the OPTION not to hire. If they can't afford it, well, make do with a lone import or something. I've been toying around with the idea of a league/cup system, but maybe it can be done.

5. Adjust the schedule to the FIBA calendar. If there is a way to implement these changes while adjusting to the FIBA and Asiad calendar, do it.

Comment

• Jeron Teng now a free agent, i guess if youre gonna tank..not that i think he was a franchise player anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
        Jeron Teng now a free agent, i guess if youre gonna tank..not that i think he was a franchise player anyway
        According to Snow he is asking for 800k/month

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
          Jeron Teng now a free agent, i guess if youre gonna tank..not that i think he was a franchise player anyway
          i doubt they can out tank bwe and terrafirma, they have the best tank commanders.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMIR View Post
            The PBA will die if there is a serious competition from anothe big league,specially if that league can draft the better players and PBA superstar jump league,overseas players are adamant in not playing for PBA and it will just die in the dark.
            Originally posted by CoJ View Post
            closest thing to that were the Lopezes bankrolling MBA, this was also during the time when SMC and Danding were under trail regarding SMC shares, but when the books show that Lopezes were losing money, they pulled the plug on the project.

Pacquiao is currently selling the MPBL, lets see if the new owners can go challenge the PBA
            Originally posted by reamily View Post
            i think its the pba that should buy mpbl..this will have them the best division 2 league and a platform fo them if they want to go home and away..
            I agree that the PBA and MPBL should merge. Have home stadiums for smaller teams, and those teams will have a base. The corporations can keep the teams, but eventually, they may or may not have to transition to sponsorships.

We'll need to make the PBA a profitable affair, though.

Comment

• Roger Pogoy?

BREAKING NEWS: A star PBA player who is still in his prime recently fainted during an out-of-town trip.

A battery of tests allegedly revealed a serious heart problem.

He may never play again.​

Long-time Gilas Pilipinas sharpshooter Roger Pogoy has been dropped from the national team roster due to 'serious health issue' according to interim coach Tim Cone.

"Roger had to withdraw from the Philippine team for health reasons. So that's another whole new issue together and I can't answer questions on that. You have to contact Roger and his doctors. He has withdrawn from the Philipoine team for serious health issues," Cone said,

Comment

• PBA with no annual physicals?

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
                  If he wants that amount or more better go overseas,question is does anyone from Bleague,KBL or NBL wants him?

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMIR View Post

If he wants that amount or more better go overseas,question is does anyone from Bleague,KBL or NBL wants him?
                    He should try Taiwan. Ethnically and by name, he's a lot closer to any local there than here in the Phils.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodbi View Post

He should try Taiwan. Ethnically and by name, he's a lot closer to any local there than here in the Phils.

True,but I don't think they pay that much money for Asian imports.

Comment

Roger Pogoy?

BREAKING NEWS: A star PBA player who is still in his prime recently fainted during an out-of-town trip.

A battery of tests allegedly revealed a serious heart problem.

He may never play again.​

Long-time Gilas Pilipinas sharpshooter Roger Pogoy has been dropped from the national team roster due to 'serious health issue' according to interim coach Tim Cone.

"Roger had to withdraw from the Philippine team for health reasons. So that's another whole new issue together and I can't answer questions on that. You have to contact Roger and his doctors. He has withdrawn from the Philipoine team for serious health issues," Cone said,
                        this is bad, time to retire our criticisms/hatred/jokes regarding pogoy, and wish/pray for him to recover

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post

this is bad, time to retire our criticisms/hatred/jokes regarding pogoy, and wish/pray for him to recover
                          i'm not a fan of his but i'll admit he's one of our better outside shooter during 2023 WC, not necessarily great on defense but still brings tough defense.

Comment

damn thats a lot of money.i dont think he is worth that much.
                            The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodbi View Post

No more asian imports in Taiwan.

Comment

• Is it pogoy the blind item of homer sayson?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information