Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing basketball in the iranian league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing basketball in the iranian league?

Hi, I can't tell you guys where I live but I've played basketball at pretty high level and I'm 19 years old and I'm a 6'8 PF. What I've seen of the iranian league it's pretty weak and beside some of the international players it seems to be very weak.

Now to my questions, do you think it's possible for me as a 6'8 forward with a good 3-pointer and a long range shot and pretty athletic to play in the iranian league?

Hmm its not easy getting in the Iranian league and there are a lot of former NBA players who come and play there. At your age try getting into a Jr. program of a basketball club or try out to a college which offers a good athletic scholarship to basketball players.
    you know why I am happy

Comment

man the iranian league is a tough league with best imports in the region

Comment

Originally posted by olajuwon View Post
        Hi, I can't tell you guys where I live but I've played basketball at pretty high level and I'm 19 years old and I'm a 6'8 PF. What I've seen of the iranian league it's pretty weak and beside some of the international players it seems to be very weak.

Now to my questions, do you think it's possible for me as a 6'8 forward with a good 3-pointer and a long range shot and pretty athletic to play in the iranian league?
        Weak is a comparative word, If you call Iranian league very weak, your "pretty high level" must be NBA or Euroleague !

if yes, it is easily possible for you to play here.
        if no, it is very difficult because of your age

Comment

If you've played Euroleague ball, or NBA or even NCAA D1 then you may have a chance. But given your age I doubt you have that experience and therefore have no chance.

Imagine what the clubs in our country would think. A 19 year old, who rates himself as a promising player see's his first port-of-call playing in the Middle East!

Arsalan Kazemi, a player who will be playing NCAA D1 ball next year said himself that there were at least another half a dozen players in the U18 team that could make it at college level in the States.

Good luck with what you do, but don't underrate our league and even more so the players in our country.

Comment

Originally posted by princeofpersia1 View Post
            If you've played Euroleague ball, or NBA or even NCAA D1 then you may have a chance. But given your age I doubt you have that experience and therefore have no chance.

Imagine what the clubs in our country would think. A 19 year old, who rates himself as a promising player see's his first port-of-call playing in the Middle East!

Arsalan Kazemi, a player who will be playing NCAA D1 ball next year said himself that there were at least another half a dozen players in the U18 team that could make it at college level in the States.

Good luck with what you do, but don't underrate our league and even more so the players in our country.
            1)If he is a real Iranian,then what do you think?
            2)Do you know Chris Anderson's first professional experience is in China?So everything could happen.

Comment

Do you guys have any footage of the iranian bball-league?
              With high level I meant playing U20 games for the nationalteam in the country I live in and our nationalteam is better than the iranian nationalteam.

Comment

Do you guys have any footage of the iranian bball-league?
                With high level I meant playing U20 games for the nationalteam in the country I live in and our nationalteam is better than the iranian nationalteam.
                no I haven't !
                many national teams are better than our NT ! which one ?

the level of Iranian league is improving year by year. Iranian clubs can't have more than 2 imports. (3 imports in semifinals and Final) and they get 2 players better than Iranian players ! did you see our NT playing ? are you better than our power forward ?

you can find the list imports in previous season on the first page of this thread,

are you better than them ? if yes, come here

Comment

of course mate. why not? sky is the limit

Comment

Thanks for being so nice, it may sound like I'm underrating iranian basketball and that I seem to be arrogant but I would love to play there. I'm originally iranian and I'm gonna visit my family in Iran this year and my mothers uncle have been coaching on high level in iran so I'll see what I can do.

Btw, anyone got any footage?

Comment

'only few countries which alot iranians but also better than Iran in basketball, I can think off , there are; USA,GERMANY and CANADA

which one are you ???....
                      "BHINEKA TUNGGAL IKA"

Comment

Thanks for being so nice, it may sound like I'm underrating iranian basketball and that I seem to be arrogant but I would love to play there. I'm originally iranian and I'm gonna visit my family in Iran this year and my mothers uncle have been coaching on high level in iran so I'll see what I can do.

Btw, anyone got any footage?
                        this is a different story, if you can play here as a local player.

this year we had an Iranian-Canadian player (Erfan Nasajpour) in Zob Ahan !

Originally posted by satria_muda View Post
                        'only few countries which alot iranians but also better than Iran in basketball, I can think off , there are; USA,GERMANY and CANADA

which one are you ???....
                        good try but Iranians are everywhere Australia, France, GB, Italy and etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
                          good try but Iranians are everywhere Australia, France, GB, Italy and etc.

btw just visit Eurobasket.com, there's news about 1990 birth/204 cm/Forward european player with middle east look and name in the main page, could be him.. though I'm not really sure bcos his surname and the most important is his name is OMAR

Omar Zaghden Swedish Junior NT

anyway sorry Olajuwon Im just kidding..
                          "BHINEKA TUNGGAL IKA"

Comment

Originally posted by satria_muda View Post
                            btw just visit Eurobasket.com, there's news about 1990 birth/204 cm/Forward european player with middle east look and name in the main page, could be him.. though I'm not really sure bcos his surname and the most important is his name is OMAR

anyway sorry Olajuwon Im just kidding..
                            I've played against Zaghden actually, but no, I'm not him. We're not even from the same country and no, he is not iranian.

Comment

Omar Zaghden is Tunisian-Swedish !
                              Proud to be Lebanese
                              www.arabasket.com

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information