Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can understand where the coach is coming from on the selection of players. He is trying to negate their lack of size and heft in the middle by having taller and more athletic and versatile players at 1, 2 and 3 positions. I may not be in the position to suggest,. but I strongly believe that adding Aguilar, hastening the naturalization of Giles and making sure that Coach Toroman's views and ideas are strongly cosidered by Guiao. These 3 simple things alone and it's not a rocket science view, should make the Phils. trully contenders whether they are in the "group of death" or at the "group of hope." Whether Coach Guiao who is a very competent, intelligent and " nationalistic " coach get this, I don't know. I just want success for the Phil. team given that there are available resources that he can tap right now. The concept of Smart Gilas program is fantastic but why wait for few more years if this team can do it in 2 months time. Success now breeds more success...
    " Bayan Muna Bago ang Sarili "

Comment

• Originally posted by fthesaint View Post
      I can understand where the coach is coming from on the selection of players. He is trying to negate their lack of size and heft in the middle by having taller and more athletic and versatile players at 1, 2 and 3 positions. I may not be in the position to suggest,. but I strongly believe that adding Aguilar, hastening the naturalization of Giles and making sure that Coach Toroman's views and ideas are strongly cosidered by Guiao. These 3 simple things alone and it's not a rocket science view, should make the Phils. trully contenders whether they are in the "group of death" or at the "group of hope." Whether Coach Guiao who is a very competent, intelligent and " nationalistic " coach get this, I don't know. I just want success for the Phil. team given that there are available resources that he can tap right now. The concept of Smart Gilas program is fantastic but why wait for few more years if this team can do it in 2 months time. Success now breeds more success...
      It has already been explained that the naturalization of Giles would AT LEAST take 10 months. And Aguilar's inclusion to the team is almost guaranteed.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
        It has already been explained that the naturalization of Giles would AT LEAST take 10 months. And Aguilar's inclusion to the team is almost guaranteed.
        I know but surely the naturalization process can be hastened.

Comment

I know but surely the naturalization process can be hastened.
          If you mean by Presidential Decree, it's no longer applicable anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
            Yeah, what happened to you in that tournament? I like predicted another Lebanon-China finals in the Asian Games.
            im not putting excuses but here is a fact. these games were 3 months after the world cup. it was supposed that lebanon will not participate to give players a rest after long summer. however the federation decided to participate cz qatar asked so and qatar did many favors to lebanon after 2006 war. she participated in rebuilding several villages that have been bombed by israel. so a tiny part of returning these favors, was by calling the players b4 10 days to the tournament
            History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

• Originally posted by macan77 View Post
              nayy..am not satisfied..who can be? victories against our team? or your victories against other teams? good luck though..
              victories in general

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
                If you mean by Presidential Decree, it's no longer applicable anymore.
                thanks for the info. mate but surely if the politicos esp. coach G and his kabalen Mdm. Pres. have the political will for the sake of Phils., it doesn't take 2 mos. for them to do something patriotic...

Comment

thanks for the info. mate but surely if the politicos esp. coach G and his kabalen Mdm. Pres. have the political will for the sake of Phils., it doesn't take 2 mos. for them to do something patriotic...
                  Im sure if they wanted to quicken the process, they would but it has to be one singular rule and process that applies to all. And I know the Constitution has something on like citizenship because I looked at seeing if I had one already, but I don't.
                  Last edited by usausa; 06-20-2009, 03:47 PM. Reason: big spelling error..would instead of could
                  My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
                  1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
                  1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
                  1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
                  1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
                  1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
                  1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
                  1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                    I think Lebanon had a close game with Yao-less China in the 2006 Asian Games. China won 75-73, only two points.
                    but I am certain that with all the confidence of Lebanon has with their team now, they are still afraid of china especially if they are going to face them in quarters..but as what I have said, its not only lebanon but all other teams..

Comment

• Originally posted by byblos View Post
                      victories in general
                      victories to other teams to be specific..

Comment

• Originally posted by macan77 View Post
                        victories to other teams to be specific..
                        Ok as u like,victories of past,present and future

Comment

• does haddadi has an existing contract in the nba?
                          from what i know, his contract expired last season...is there a possibility that he wont be able to play in the FIBA just to try to land a contract in the nba training camp

Comment

• Originally posted by asero View Post
                            does haddadi has an existing contract in the nba?
                            from what i know, his contract expired last season...is there a possibility that he wont be able to play in the FIBA just to try to land a contract in the nba training camp
                            I read that Memphis wants to keep Haddadi and they have recently extended his contract offering him 1.5 million dollars per season. (That is the main reason why he rejected an offer from one of the best teams in Europe (Barcelona) ).

Haddadi will play for sure in the Asian Championship. He already has sorted this out.

Comment

• If he already landed a contract... then for sure he'll play!
                              ________
                              Uhwh warehouse
                              Last edited by Jeon_Addict; 02-16-2011, 11:23 AM.
                              Earn US Dollars Via Mobile App

Comment

• will the trouble in Tehran keep Iran from participating in the FIBA Asia?
                                SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information