X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dgenx
    replied
    guys what time will basketball tv broadcast phi vs syria game?

Leave a comment:

• b3lowzro
    replied
    Originally posted by reidine
    its tough that rp have bracketed in a tough group and they simply failed against teams that have formed,toughened in quite a long compared to us.this shld promt the rp to follow these footsteps that our rivals did.but as the sayings go,ang umaayaw ay di nagwawagi!let rp shld continue its program and its not possible that rp can regain its lofty status in asia.rp right now is not too far behind on its rivals coz we fought galantly and we're not beaten black and blue.any of our games in fiba might have the gone the other way if we have done the right execution and a bit of luck.but the buttom line is we shld create a long term program for our team,add some height and most of all,familiarize enough the international kind of competition.its not fair to blame the coach nor the players for a falied mission.all of them wanted to win and they shld all deserve an applause to us for their sacrifice to the national team!
    bro u dont need to write an essay here but thanks for the effort hehe
    ________
    Vermont Dispensary
    Last edited by b3lowzro; 04-27-2011, 12:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• joel23
    replied
    Goodbye Asi Taulava, Erik Menk and Mick Pennisi... Remaining are Jimmy Alapag, Gabe Norwood, Kerby Raymundo, Mark Caguioa, James Yap, Ren Ren Ritualo, Kelly Williams, Jay Jay Helterbrand, and Danny Seigle

Leave a comment:

• reidine
    replied
    Return To Olympics Dream,still A Dream

its tough that rp have bracketed in a tough group and they simply failed against teams that have formed,toughened in quite a long compared to us.this shld promt the rp to follow these footsteps that our rivals did.but as the sayings go,ang umaayaw ay di nagwawagi!let rp shld continue its program and its not possible that rp can regain its lofty status in asia.rp right now is not too far behind on its rivals coz we fought galantly and we're not beaten black and blue.any of our games in fiba might have the gone the other way if we have done the right execution and a bit of luck.but the buttom line is we shld create a long term program for our team,add some height and most of all,familiarize enough the international kind of competition.its not fair to blame the coach nor the players for a falied mission.all of them wanted to win and they shld all deserve an applause to us for their sacrifice to the national team!

Leave a comment:

• joel23
    replied
    Originally posted by psychopath
    good point
    i think we need a european coach
    i dunno about reyes' system coz it didnt show in our games
    i really believe china deserved to win against us bec. they're the better team but we're the lucky ones lol
    wat i saw in our 3 games were a lot of isolation plays for alapag and caguioa

i have no doubt about our players' skills but i really think that a team which is intimidated, scared and hesitates a lot DOES NOT DESERVE EVEN A SINGLE WIN in this kind of competition

my sentiments:

pennisi- no energy on def., his slow defensive rotation gave jordan 2 if its 3 3pointers in the 2nd quarter which ignited jordan's comeback in the game

caguioa- intimidated in all his 3 games, he shoots at least 5 teardrops a game in jones cup and manila invitationals, in this tournament i think he succumbed to the pressure, i love it when he gets inside coz he get a lot of fouls

hontiveros- please dont foul a player when he already took a bad shot, ur game didnt blossom here bcoz of ur foul troubles

and lastly...

chot reyes- i really dont know wats in ur mind here in japan
    in our loss to iran, u benched williams who's comeback in the game late in the 4th quarter started our last and only succesful rally against iran

in our loss to jordan u limited alapag's playing time, he's our main guy, its good for him, i think, to get his rythm early in the game
    he's gonna give a lot of pressure to jordan
    Coach Chot is not good entry of his players, second it's easy to gap and slow on his defensive rotation lingering, third lack of motivation, forth if his players are ice cold, jitters etc he urge of trying to get, fifth it's easy to trace our offensive passing and shooting the ball like a robot

We need the next Ron Jacobs, American or European coaches

Leave a comment:

• psychopath
    replied
    Originally posted by apiSigbinz
    good advice, english please
    good point
    i think we need a european coach
    i dunno about reyes' system coz it didnt show in our games
    i really believe china deserved to win against us bec. they're the better team but we're the lucky ones lol
    wat i saw in our 3 games were a lot of isolation plays for alapag and caguioa

i have no doubt about our players' skills but i really think that a team which is intimidated, scared and hesitates a lot DOES NOT DESERVE EVEN A SINGLE WIN in this kind of competition

my sentiments:

pennisi- no energy on def., his slow defensive rotation gave jordan 2 if its 3 3pointers in the 2nd quarter which ignited jordan's comeback in the game

caguioa- intimidated in all his 3 games, he shoots at least 5 teardrops a game in jones cup and manila invitationals, in this tournament i think he succumbed to the pressure, i love it when he gets inside coz he get a lot of fouls

hontiveros- please dont foul a player when he already took a bad shot, ur game didnt blossom here bcoz of ur foul troubles

and lastly...

chot reyes- i really dont know wats in ur mind here in japan
    in our loss to iran, u benched williams who's comeback in the game late in the 4th quarter started our last and only succesful rally against iran

in our loss to jordan u limited alapag's playing time, he's our main guy, its good for him, i think, to get his rythm early in the game
    he's gonna give a lot of pressure to jordan

Leave a comment:

• joel23
    replied
    Team Pilipinas

Philippines NT Olympic dream: MISSION FAILED!!!

Leave a comment:

• nnt01
    replied
    TV Broadcasters & Online Free viewing

Live internet broadcast (Free)
    Live games on event website - two games per day from 31st July plus semi-finals and Finals

TV Broadcasters
    The following broadcasters are showing the 2007 FIBA Asia Championship in Tokushima, Japan in the respective countries.

Al Jazeera Sport: Algeria, Chad, Djibouti, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Morocco, Jordan, Lebanon, Mauritania, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Somalia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, Palestine including Gaza Strip

LBC: Lebanon

JSports: Japan

CCTV: China

Korea: MBC

Videoland: Chinese Taipei

Solar: Philippines

Astro (semi-finals & Finals): Malaysia & Brunei

Ten Sports (semi-finals & Finals): India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Maldives.

ZEE Sports (semi-finals & Finals): India

Kabelvision (one game per day for group games, semi-finals & Finals): Indonesia

Leave a comment:

• apiSigbinz
    replied
    Originally posted by joel23
    Up next: preparation for 2010 World Championships... Kindly replace Coach Chot for head coach..
    good advice, english please
    Last edited by JoŇ°ko Poljak Fan; 07-30-2007, 12:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• joel23
    replied
    Up next: preparation for 2010 World Championships... Kindly replace Coach Chot for head coach..

Leave a comment:

• interxavierxxx
    replied
    another thing is that this is only Asian Basketball... the biggest deal is when a country in Asia wins a world event. There's still Billiards, let's support our RP Pool Players in the upcoming World Pool Championships. Remember that we are the defending champions there.

Leave a comment:

• interxavierxxx
    replied
    look on the bright side, as u will observe it; you will notice that in SouthEast Asia, it's quite rare for teams there to be competitive in Football or Basketball.

As what I've realized, Philippines is the only country in SouthEastAsia who has a rich history in Basketball. RP is the only country in SouthEastAsia who appeared in World Competitions in Basketball. Look at Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and the rest our SEA neighbors; they haven't been to a world competition in Football nor do I think they will ever be in basketball.

This is only the beginning, let our failures lead to our success in the future. What I mean is that let it be an inspiration for us to get better. Philippines will always be the best SouthEastAsian country.

Leave a comment:

• ctongco
    replied
    Congratulations to Jordan. I hope this will not be the end of the National Team program of the Philippines. Well, it's tough that RP lost. I guess we should practice more. Again, Congratulations to Jordan.

Leave a comment:

• d'dreamer
    replied
    omg, pilipinas lost to jordan!

Leave a comment:

• saints13
    replied
    OK LANG NA MATALO!!!

Habang may buhay may pag-asa.

sana e every year e kakaririn na ng RP team ang international competition, wag yun every 4 years lang at nagcrecreate sila ng hype tapos puro ilusyon na RP is the best in Asia etc.

translation:
    Philippine Basketball should be realistic and should stop myths and make beliefs about our RP team, they should work hard for their goals and keep on improving, there will be FIBA Asia every now and then, and hopefully the RP team will get stronger and stronger

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information