Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest Asian basketball player ever?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread is bias

Well definitely this thread is biased (no offense joel23). For me the greatest asian basketball player is none other Yao Ming. Because not only being an NBA superstar, he made an impact globally.

Comment

This poll is indeed heavily-biased.. too many Filipino players... Ambrosio Padilla, Allan Caidic, Carlos Loyzaga, Lauro Mumar should've been enough... Yao Ming and Wang Zhizhi for China, Fadi El Khatib and Elie Mchountaf (???) for Lebanon, Shin Dong-Pa and Hur Jae for South Korea... and so on.. no offence to my compatriots but this poll is rigged!!!!...

By the way, I vote for Allan Caidic... but in reality, Yao Ming is the greatest player in Asia...
      Last edited by donmar; 08-21-2007, 07:17 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Where are the others?

For me it's Yao. No doubt about that. And the first chinese player ever drafted by an NBA team is Ma Jian (correct me if I'm wrong my chinese friends). He was drafted but unfortunately, never played a single NBA game.
        http://basketbolnatin.blogspot.com/2...o-wake-up.html

There is still an Eternity of Basketball...

Comment

Originally posted by joe
          rony seikaly was the first asian player in the nba

YAO and fadi are the best asian players
          Rony seikaly is a lebanese-american, what we ar talking here is a full blooded player from asia. A japanese player was the 1st to play in the NBA not Rony Seikaly.

“Hindi ko na inaano ‘yun (mapasama sa pool) eh,” Santos said. “Kung susumahin mo ang buhay naming mga player, ‘san ba talaga ang first priority namin, ‘di ba? Ang first priority ko, dahil dito ko nakuha lahat ng kagandahan ng buhay ko at para sa pamilya ko, ang San Miguel. Alam naman ng lahat ‘yun. Ito ang dapat kong paglingkuran.”

Comment

Dang! another bias poll, works like a magnet to attracting criticism for Filipino people again. Hey Joel, seriously, why didn't you include in the list the likes of El-Khatib, Wang zhi zhi, and the other asian players others have mentioned? Or is this another futile attempt to supposedly "educate" our neighboring countries how great we were "those days"? You know what?, this kinda make me feel like whenever I try to listen and dance to MC Hammer's old music, disgust, that's how I feel. So we were able to do this and that in the past, but the real challenge is can we do it again on the present time? We'll have to prove ourselves first, only then we'll have the right to brag. Peace bro.
            "You think I enjoy babysitting you?"

Comment

Originally posted by thelebanon
              khatib or yao
              El Khatib is second to Yao this year.

Comment

No biased. Caloy Loyzaga is still all-time greatest asia. He is only Asian player in World mythical five and have a basketball bronze in FIBA-World Championships. Yao's still have not yet.

btw, Joel was confused and I thought he had incomplete mentioned the reason has full poll surveys to 15. He should to put Wang Zhi Zhi, Ma Jian, Hur Jae, Cheng Chih Lung.

Comment

Originally posted by rommelc
                  No biased. Caloy Loyzaga is still all-time greatest asia. He is only Asian player in World mythical five and have a basketball bronze in FIBA-World Championships. Yao's still have not yet.

btw, Joel was confused and I thought he had incomplete mentioned the reason has full poll surveys to 15. He should to put Wang Zhi Zhi, Ma Jian, Hur Jae, Cheng Chih Lung.

Are you sure you're not Joel? Coz you write and sound like him? Lolz! and it sounded like you know this Joel guy well, too well I must say that you knew he was "confused" S'matter Joel? embarassed to admit this poll is bias, you had to create another account and correct your mistake? It's ayt man, everybody make mistakes(well that is if you really are Joel) Peace bro
                  "You think I enjoy babysitting you?"

Comment

kryptoniac, good eye. rommelc = joel23. I was actually going to refute his post, but now it seems to be pointless.

And also, Rony Seikaly and Wataru Misaka are both Americans (Seikaly is not even considered Asian-American in the racial sense) by nationality, not Asians. Wang Zhizhi is the first Asian in the NBA.
                    aim low, score high

Comment

no wonder this poll was made to brag about Filipino players

no wonder why we Filipinos are being hated by other races in this forum..

seems like we need to have a "reality check 101"
                      It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                      I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Also Rony Saikali ,Elie mchantaf and Fadi el khatib shoud be mentionned in this article.

Anyhow i think Yao ming is the greatest Asian player ever.
                        Proud to be Lebanese
                        www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sakamoto
                          Rony seikaly is a lebanese-american, what we ar talking here is a full blooded player from asia. A japanese player was the 1st to play in the NBA not Rony Seikaly.
                          Man really shut ur mouth,we are boring from ur language in discussion.
                          Which stupid person told you that rony saikali is lebanese-american,for ur infos,Rony Saikali been played with Leb NT from 1997 in Arab champ.
                          He lives now in Lebanon and his wife is lebanese so from where you found ur infos.
                          Do you accept when i say Allen Caidic isn't a philippino ??
                          His name,his family,his blood,his style in playing,are 100 % Lebanese.

Don't tell me in the future that Fadi el khatib is Lebanese-American .
                          Proud to be Lebanese
                          www.arabasket.com

Comment

carlos loyzaga, from philippines. named to the world mythical team and led RP to 3rd place at the world basketball championships in 1954, still the highest place ANY ASIAN TEAM has reached.

sorry about past achievements, but the thread is about the GREATEST asian basketball player OF ALL TIME. yao ming is the best asian of this generation, followed by khatib. even NBA dominace by yao is not enough to call him the best asian all time.

Comment

Originally posted by budz17
                              carlos loyzaga, from philippines. named to the world mythical team and led RP to 3rd place at the world basketball championships in 1954, still the highest place ANY ASIAN TEAM has reached.

sorry about past achievements, but the thread is about the GREATEST asian basketball player OF ALL TIME. yao ming is the best asian of this generation, followed by khatib. even NBA dominace by yao is not enough to call him the best asian all time.
                              world mythical team? still doesnt cut it for me, he ever play in the worlds toughest league and maintain the stats yao has produced?

sure yao may have not been part of the world mythical team, but ive never really heard of too many people these days say oh this player was member of the world mythical team. i think it doesnt have as much bite to it as before.

yao was the leading scorer in the last wbc if im not mistaken. and anytime you mean in intl basketball about a man to be feared and contained these days i hear of yao. sure carlos may have some points value historically but history doesnt necessarily give hi the credit due for him to be considered best asian player o all time.
                              "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

LOL so the only thing you guys have pride on is something that happened 53 years ago? None of those players could be considered world class players by today's standards.

Put even today's Japan or Korea back in the 50's and they'd probably medal too.

And it seems like your "national hero" is choosing to reside in Australia anyways nowadays. Also, take a look at the teams that were particiapting during the 1954 tournament... Paraguay (Who?), Peru (go back to farming), Formosa (?!), and Chile (stick to soccer). They are at best Division 3 teams in talent level.... Oh and one more thing...

Originally posted by Wikipedia
                                ...At 1.91 m (6’3”), he towered over most other players in the league and came to be a dominating player at the center position...
                                Yeah.... he really paved the way for the undersized asian center now didn't he.

Plus, how does Yao's NBA dominance not warrent him the spot. Would your beloved "The Big Difference" be putting up 20 points and 10 boards a season and make every all star game? He may be influencial, but that stays within your own country.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information