X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Score

USA 135- 91 Puerto Rico

1st Unit

Carmelo 27 Points, Lebron James 19 Pts, 9 assists, Kobe 15 Pts.

2nd unit

Michael Redd 23 Points, Mike Miller 14 Points while Prince 10 Points

Congratulation once again to Team USA and goodluck on your trip to Beijing.

I hope they can add Bosh or even a healthy Wade in their lineup. The only problem that i have seen is that their big men is sometimes pretty inconsistent when it comes to getting the rebound and playing tough defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by -K2-
      yes, he played the bench way too much and there is no excuse like "were playing for tomorrow" because we are playing for a ticket to the olympics. So I expect Arroyo and Ayuso to play the rest of the game

and I still expect Manolo to be fired after the tournament
      Sadly he wont get fired. Everybody is making excuses for him. And since they qual for the tournament next year, people are gonna think he is great. But in actuality he sucks.
      We will have cintron at least till 2010 (puke)

Comment

• Team USA enrolled the whole Puerto Rican National Team into a basketball University. Definitely their most impressive game so far in the tournament.

2007 FIBA America's Tournament Finals

USA vs. Argentina- that will be the highlight of the tournament 2 teams that are qualified in the Olympics.

Last edited by Lebron23; 09-02-2007, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• Carlos Arroyo's comment after the game...

"We all contributed tonight, but they dominated the rebounds and when we started the second half, because we were having trouble scoring, we started to look at the game and we stopped fighting for the ball, anyway, they are the best team on the world"
          Link

so yeah... PR quitted on the second half
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lebron23
            Final Score

USA 135- 91 Puerto Rico

1st Unit

Carmelo 27 Points, Lebron James 19 Pts, 9 assists, Kobe 15 Pts.

2nd unit

Michael Redd 23 Points, Mike Miller 14 Points while Prince 10 Points

Congratulation once again to Team USA and goodluck on your trip to Beijing.

I hope they can add Bosh or even a healthy Wade in their lineup. The only problem that i have seen is that their big men is sometimes pretty inconsistent when it comes to getting the rebound and playing tough defense.
            I think they should keep the USA team as it is but with few exceptions. Beside the chemistry of the team is really working. Wade is a one on one type player. I rather have Kobe than Wade. Add Bosh and remove one of the centers currently on this team. Even better add Oden that may help.

Comment

• Originally posted by L8DBACK
              I think they should keep the USA team as it is but with few exceptions. Beside the chemistry of the team is really working. Wade is a one on one type player. I rather have Kobe than Wade. Add Bosh and remove one of the centers currently on this team. Even better add Oden that may help.
              Yeah, I am not sure how much Wade could help this team -- his lack of consistent outside shot could even be a detriment. Weird to say, but true. I think we are going to see Chris Bosh for Tyson Chandler and possibly one of the point guards (Chauncey or Deron) replaced by another big man or shooter.

With that said, Puerto Rico hung tough with the US in the first half and that has to concern the coaching staff. Arroyo was going by the slower-older Kidd, and Ayuso was torching Kobe.

Stuart
              http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
              http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
              http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

• USA vs. Argentina, Rivalry through the years

USA def. Argentina, 91-76, USA Sweep the Quarter Final round and advance into the Semi Finals.

USA def. Argentina 101-86, USA won the Bronze Medal in the 2006 FIBA World Basketball tournament.

Argentina def. USA, 89 -83, Argentina will eventually won the Gold Medal in the 2004 Athens, Olympics

USA 106- Argentina 73, USA win the 2003 FIBA Americas tournament and gaining a berth into the Olympics.

Argentina def. USA, 87-80, this is the 1st time that team USA has been defeated by a foreign team since they start sending their NBA players in 1992. Argentina will eventually be the runner up of the tournament.

USA Head Coach George Karl

"I tip my hat to Argentina. We've known for two-three weeks from our scouts and felt they had been playing the best basketball. We lost our composure with their intensity. They played very hard in the first half and our lack of urgency has hurt us in other games and tonight it really hurt us."
                I think USA will beat argentina by a margin of 36 points in this ball game. The Americans will probably want to put an exclamation point in the Tournament by destroying Argentina in the Finals.

Lebron, Melo, Kidd, Kobe and Dwight will probably be the starting lineup for team USA, who is on another road trip for sweeping the competition and qualifying in the Olympics together with team Argentina.

I would not even be worried if USA will face Argentina in the Olympics, History will show us that the Americans lose to the Argentineans by quite a very small margin only an average of 6.5 points.

That is not domination the Argentinean are just playing better basketball compare to the young Guns in 2004 ( average age 22.3) and the 3rd tier NBA Superstars that the Americans sent in 2002, which is probably the worst USA team of all time.

Now team USA has proved its point by defeating a complete Argentinean National team in the 2006 FIBA World Basketball Championship by margin of 15 Points.

Still not as great when the 2003 USA Squad destroyed Argentina 106-73 in the Americas tournament, which include Manu Ginobili being the main man of their team.

I tend to believe that this years core is the best team that the Americans have ever assembled since the 2000, Olympics. They just perfectly fit the puzzle and some of them play a very unselfish team basketball.

Just pray that injury will not devastate this team and hope they can add Chris Bosh and Kevin Durant at the end of the NBA Season.
                Last edited by Lebron23; 09-02-2007, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• I don't want Bosh on this team. I'd rather have Melo or Lebron at PF, and I'd rather have Stoudemire and Howard at C. Bosh really hurt us at the WC, he's too small to defend the bigger centers, and he's not going to get the ball to return the favor...this offense will be dominated by Kobe, Kidd, Lebron, and Melo, as it should. Our big men should just be big bruisers, who can rebound, defend, and block shots.

Comment

• for those watching the bronze medal game, they may be watching the last Ayuso game with the Puerto Rican NT
                    sigpic

Comment

for those watching the bronze medal game, they may be watching the last Ayuso game with the Puerto Rican NT
                      Are they playing now? What's the score?

Comment

• Puerto Rico 111 - 107 Brazil
                        Final
                        Ayuso (PUR) 39 pts
                        Arroyo (PUR) 30
                        Marcelinho (BRA) 21
                        Tiago (BRA) 19 pts
                        sigpic

Comment

• Puerto Rico won 111-107 they were dominating by around 15 points and on the last 3 minutes Brazil made a huge comeback but fell short.They started fouling with 40 seconds left they were down like by 10 and started hittin 3s every 4 seconds the good thing is we were makin the free throws.

Larry Ayuso had 40 points on 8/12 3 pt range
                          Arroyo had around 30 i think
                          Last edited by calle13; 09-02-2007, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Ayuso was hitting 3's from almost halfcourt or being guarded simply amazing.

Comment

for those watching the bronze medal game, they may be watching the last Ayuso game with the Puerto Rican NT
                              Why do you say that??? PM

Comment

• Argentina with the best jersey ever in basketball history...
                                Γυμναστικός Σύλλογος Περιστερίου

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information