2007 NT: Manu won't be in Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 NT: Manu won't be in Las Vegas

It's pretty much confirmed that Ginóbili won't play in Las Vegas' Tournament of the Americas, due to Spurs' advice. San Antonio has told him, in exchange for that, that he will be free to play in the 2008 Olympics (and the Olympic Qualifier if necessary).

So far, it's the only player who has confirmed his absence this year. Oberto, Wolkowyski and Sánchez are still in doubt; but Nocioni, Herrmann, Delfino and Scola had said long ago that they'll play.

Manu's absence leaves Delfino as the starting SG, and Paolo Quinteros (1,85 - León, Spanish LEB) as the likely substitute.
    Last edited by alermac; 02-23-2007, 11:02 PM.

too bad
    sigpic

Comment

It's a pity the Spurs won't let him go, but it's nevertheless better to have him available for the Olympics.
      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
      Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
        It's a pity the Spurs won't let him go, but it's nevertheless better to have him available for the Olympics.
        It's not such a pity. It's time for Delfino to step up anyway. And for another young guy to make his mark. Ginobili won't be around forever so they need to plan ahead right now.

Comment

I never liked Delfino,in fact he is on of a very small group of players whom I cant appreciate at all.He is a good player,but hes effect on the game is way to far Ginobili's(whom I realy like,as you can see from my nickname) one.
          He will never have Ginobili's leadership,passion and winning spirite,so I think Manu's absence is very critical for the NT..

Comment

Seems Nocioni might also not join the NT in the tournament.
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Bad stuff, but I still think they can go far wothout one or two of their star players. After, if Scola or Oberto says he won't go...
              It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

That sound's to good for me, hahahahaaaaaaaa
                Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Herrmann won't be there as well and also Oberto. Too many absences.
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

Herrmann won't be there as well and also Oberto. Too many absences.
                    And now is when i start to worry

Comment

Originally posted by alermac
                      And now is when i start to worry
                      Always the same with the players from the NBA. Yes the NBA help them to get popular and Ginobili, Nocioni, Herman and Oberot deserv to play there, but it is definetly not the best case for the NT. If they would play in strong european clubs they would be every summer with the NT.

How many teams will qualify for the Olmpic games from the Amerika-Zone? 2 or 3? Without Gino, Anderes, Walter and Oberto Argentina will have a hard time.

Comment

Apparently the NBA teams pressure the players not to join the NTs, they don't give a damn about NTs. I classify their (the NBA teams) attitude as completely self-centered and unsporting.
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Buducnost PG
                          How many teams will qualify for the Olmpic games from the Amerika-Zone? 2 or 3? Without Gino, Anderes, Walter and Oberto Argentina will have a hard time.
                          Just 2.

Now bad rumors are spreading: apparently the players don't like coach Hernández one bit, and com of them would be using the NBA as an excuse not to play.
                          Apparently the NBA teams pressure the players not to join the NTs, they don't give a damn about NTs. I classify their (the NBA teams) attitude as completely self-centered and unsporting.
                          I agree completely. What's the difference between a NBA player that makes millions and needs summer rest and a FIBA or ULEB player that makes millions and needs summer rest?

Comment

Originally posted by alermac
                            Just 2.

Now bad rumors are spreading: apparently the players don't like coach Hernández one bit, and com of them would be using the NBA as an excuse not to play.

I agree completely. What's the difference between a NBA player that makes millions and needs summer rest and a FIBA or ULEB player that makes millions and needs summer rest?
                            Just 2 directly. Will the 3rd and 4th have a chance to play at the tournament in Peking before the Olympics and perhaps so get a ticket for the games?

I read today that Splitter and Varejo will play for Brazil. Nene likely not and Barbosa is on the bubble.

Olympic games without Argentina is something in what i couldn´t believe. The team is strong and deservs to play in Peking.

Comment

Originally posted by Buducnost PG
                              Just 2 directly. Will the 3rd and 4th have a chance to play at the tournament in Peking before the Olympics and perhaps so get a ticket for the games?

I read today that Splitter and Varejo will play for Brazil. Nene likely not and Barbosa is on the bubble.

Olympic games without Argentina is something in what i couldn´t believe. The team is strong and deservs to play in Peking.
                              Americas will have 3 teams in the last-chance Olympic qualifier, so finishing 5th would give another shot.

PS: SF Hernán Jasen is out because of a baaaaaaaad injury. But Nocioni has now said that he's in, if he doesn't re-injury his foot and has his newNBA contract previously signed.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information