No announcement yet.

Cameroon NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After losing to Croatia, the Cameroon are considering to leave the pre-Olympic tournament due to economic problems... Boumtje Boumtje: "We're tired of it".
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

This article has more discussion of their financial issues...maybe someone who does French better than me can translate:

Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Well, the players went on strike to protest against the conditions, and the fact they didn't receive their money promised after the last CAN. And also because they want a 400€ (262400 Fcfa) per day indemnity for the Olympics, and not 500Fcfa... ANd other things. Last year, the federation had not planned to send a team to the CAN anyway, all was organized by some players. ^^.
        It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Harding Nana he didnt show in last season in Turow, 1-2 minutes in every game and now in first game he has 24 points and today against Puerto Rico 22 ... respect

Comment

Check out the frontpage article highlighting Cameroon's struggle...

Without Support, Cameroon Plays for Pride, Family

Stuart
            http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
            http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
            http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Puerto Rico was winning by 21 points in the half...that comeback from Cameroon is embarrassing.
              Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
              16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
              Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
              8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF
                Puerto Rico was winning by 21 points in the half...that comeback from Cameroon is embarrassing.
                Thats just how basketball goes. Cameroon gave Croatia a comeback too, i wouldn't be too embarassed.

Stuart

Comment

My boys are out, but at least they made some noise.
                  They lost the games against Croatia and P. Rico only because they had two brain farts - 2nd Q against Croatia(200 turnovers in a row) and 1st Q against Puerto Rico.
                  If Cameroon had NBA/Euroleague/ULEB/ACB/NBDL guard that means at least one victory.
                  47-70
                  76-58

Comment

Originally posted by Nikoo
                    My boys are out, but at least they made some noise.
                    They lost the games against Croatia and P. Rico only because they had two brain farts - 2nd Q against Croatia(200 turnovers in a row) and 1st Q against Puerto Rico.
                    If Cameroon had NBA/Euroleague/ULEB/ACB/NBDL guard that means at least one victory.
                    Cameroon have the potential not for only one victory but for many...the only thing they must do is not follow the way of work of Nigeria, senegal and others.

Comment

Originally posted by zlim
                      Cameroon have the potential not for only one victory but for many...the only thing they must do is not follow the way of work of Nigeria, senegal and others.
                      So true, even in the face of losses Cameroon made ferocious comebacks in both games, and they showed that they belonged despite all those that complain that African and Asian countries do not belong.

In addition to holding their heads high for playing out the games for pride, they represented their country well and they have a bright future. Now only if they can get support from their internal administration.

Stuart

Comment

In Cameroon, the teams pays the players?

Thank you,

Comment

Wild Cards: "I am hopeful that Cameroon will be getting the opportunity to compete against the very best in the world"
                          [by Kris SANTIAGO] - Merhaba!

I had the chance to talk to Cameroon's national-team coach Lazar Adingono regarding Cameroon's effort to get one of the wild-cards for Turkey 2010.

Lazare, this past summer, Joe Touomou led the Cameroonian national-team to a fourth place finish in Libya. Are you now back on the coaching seat for Cameroon again?
                          Joe Touomou worked tirelessly in an effort to get the National team ready to compete in the African Nations Cup and in a short period of time. He did a great job under the circumstances the team was giving to him. I am back on board and I am in for the long hall.

There has been interest by Cameroon to obtain one of the wild-cards for the World Championships in Turkey 2010. How far goes the interest and has there been an official word so far by the federation?

Kris, I think President Nduku and his entire administration together with the help of the Ministry of sports have put the country's best effort forward and presented Cameroon's appeal to the committee which is assigned to reward the most deserving countries with a wild card. I am confident that the committee will look at the entire body of work that Cameroon has done in the past few years and may afford us an opportunity to continue to develop basketball not only in Cameroon but in Africa as a whole.

I heard that the preparation for the African Championships 2009 went down in Cameroon and without any notable opponents. If Cameroon gets one of the wild-cards, will it be finally able to practice under professional circumstances?

I think the Federation did a great job bringing the team into the camp but let me take a look into the future: I am now serving as an associate coach at Erie Community College with Alex Nwora the current head basketball coach for the Cape Verde National Team and we have access to a state of the art facility which will enable us to train in the United States all year around. I believe all is being put in place to ensure that we prepare very well in the event the committee grants us one of the four wild cards available.
                          I already started working with the Federation in putting a plan in order to have very good preparations by contacting a number of NBA, NDBL, ABA, and also other countries to hold friendly games.

How would you rate the chances of your country for a wild-card and how would you see your chances succeeding in Turkey 2010?

Kris, I am hopeful that Cameroon will be getting the opportunity to compete against the very best in the world. If my memory serves me well, a year ago, we showed the world what we are capable of in Athens and gave both Croatia and Puerto Rico all pretty good fight while representing the African continent in the Pre-Olympic Qualifiers.

What are your personal plans for the near future?

I am currently serving as an associate coach at Erie Community College and I am working with the youth worldwide in an effort to give hope to many aspiring young men and women and to let them continue of dreaming big and of achieving their goals in life.

Thanks for taking the time to talk to us and good luck for December, 13th!

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                            Looks like he might miss competition because of... the Bucks
                            He should get that checked out.

Comment

[CMR] - Men's National Team : AKA, CURTI, NJOYA choose the Lions

Aka Jonathan, Aldo Curti, Seidou Njoya Cameroon opted for selection to compete in basketball competitions to come.

A few months ago (May 2010), Epee Clementine and SWORD Tchoumba Anne-Angèle had accepted to join the Women's National Team.

This time, three Cameroonian, players in the championship of France (Pro A) have accepted the invitation of the President of Federation of Cameroonian basketball to join the national team man to further consolidate the already aging team and looking for a new lease of life for future competitions.

These include:

AKA Jonathan (JA Vichy)
                              Aldo Curti (Orleans Loiret)
                              Seidou N'JOYA (Nancy)
                              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

* In 25-plus years of covering Boo’s tournament, it never fails: I go to check out one player and come away impressed with another. Such was the case with Team Takeover from the Washington, D.C. area.

DeMatha High forward Jerami Grant, brother of Clemson’s Jerai and son of former Clemson and NBA player Harvey, was the target. He seemed fluid enough before exiting the game after a nasty spill, but Takeover’s eye-opener was small forward Arnaud Adala-Moto from the Episcopal School in Alexandria.

First this 6-foot-7 junior drove the right baseline and elevated for a nasty tomahawk dunk. Then he pulled up for a left-wing 3-pointer. Pure. Then he handled smoothly in transition and penetrated for a layup.

Just a glimpse, mind you, but very striking. Comrade Josh Barr of the Washington Post reports that Adala-Moto was discovered in Cameroon by the NBA’s Basketball Without Borders programs and has more than a dozen scholarship suitors, including Wake Forest and Seton Hall.
                                Originally posted by Fedfan
                                Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                                Originally posted by GuTO
                                refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information