GROUP D
Croatia
Serbia
Ukraine
Germany

rikhardur
06-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Spain Taking Aim At Podium In Rhodes

Spain coach Gustavo Aranzana is full of enthusiasm as he prepares his troops for the U20 European Championship in Rhodes, Greece.

His team captured a bronze medal at the event held in Riga last year and the return of seven players suggests Aranzana's squad will be in the hunt for a podium finish this time as well.

"One of the advantages is that we will maintain the block of players that we had in Riga," said Aranzana.

"We have a united team that has been playing together for some time and has a good dynamic.

"Our aim is to be aggressive on defense and we want to show a lot of personality and character on the court."

Like most Spanish teams, Aranzana's men will be looking to get out on the fast break and play in the open court.

"We do have weaknesses in terms of interior play with respect to other national teams because we don't have big centers," the coach said.

"We are missing that powerful number five that other teams have.

"We apply full-court pressure, we play on the fast break and with a lot of creativity. Hence, that complicates the defense of our rivals."

Spain are aiming for a medal at the under-20 event for the third straight year because they also won silver in Slovenia in 2007.

Aranzana, who made his debut with the team last year in Riga, said: "It's difficult to set a target because at this age, the teams are very irregular.

"The players lack consistency. The important thing is to maintain concentration and compete each day.

"Spain is not among the favourites but having personality and character will give us a boost that will make it difficult for our rivals to beat us."

Spain will meet Russia, Slovenia and Latvia in the Group phase of the EuroBasket.

"Russia made life difficult for us last year and they are always a big team with talent," Aranzana said.

"They are capable of the best and the worst.

"Latvia offered a great image in front of their home fans and I think they will maintain it this year. Slovenia will arrive like us, with a similar roster as last year."
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/Default.asp?coid={269CD4A7-47F2-4F48-BF5C-DF4B5F23CCC9}&articleMode=on

rikhardur
06-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Big Contributors From 2009 In Mix Again For Lithuania

Four of Lithuania's leading scorers at the U20 European Championship in Riga last year are in the preliminary squad for the upcoming U20 event in Rhodes, Greece.

Zygimantas Janavicius (10.1pts), Adas Juskevicius (7pts), Vytenis Lipkevicius (12pts) and Donatas Motiejunas (11.2pts) were all in the side that finished runners-up to Serbia.

Other returning members of last year's team are Sarunas Vasiliauskas and Vaidas Cepukaitis.

Rimvydas Samulenas currently has a 19-strong squad for this summer.

Lithuania will compete in Group C against Turkey, Israel and Montenegro.

The event tips off on July 16.

Lithuania preliminary squad for U20 European Championship in Rhodes, Greece:

Šarūnas Vasiliauskas, Žygimantas Janavičius, Šarūnas Kulevičius, Adas Juškevičius, Mindaugas Kuzminskas, Vytenis Lipkevičius, Simas Buterlevičius, Šarūnas Sliesoraitis, Mantas Pukinskas, Vaidas Čepukaitis, Arvydas Gydra, Rokas Čepanonis, Edgaras Želionis, Adomas Drungilas, Donatas Motiejūnas, Tautvydas Šležas, Tomas Milinskas, Vytenis Čižauskas, Vytautas-Edvardas.
http://www.fibaeurope.com/coid_wGwjiUZlJT6YpLmSg63zn1.articleMode_on.contain er_frontpage.html

pohani komarac
06-24-2009, 04:10 PM
We have very weak generation here:( Only interesting players are Miro Bilan, Bojan Bogdanovic, Filip Kruslin, Marino Sarlija and Karlo Vragovic but non of them is realy good prospect. + they gona miss players born 90. like Zubcic and Delas. I just hope the want fall in devision B

rikhardur
07-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Italians Host U20 Men Warm-Up Event In Molfetta

Italy will play at an international tournment in Molfetta which tips off on July 9 before traveling to Rhodes, Greece, for the U20 European Championship for Men.

Croatia, Russia and Israel will also be at the Molfetta event, which is near Bari.

Italy coach Stefano Sacripanti, who is also the boss of Scavolini Pesaro, has selected an 18-man team for the U20 warm-up tournament in Molfetta (July 9, 10 11).

Italy U20 squad:

Davide Bozzetto, Chauncey Campanaro, David Reginald Cournooh, Stefano Crotta, Matteo Da Ros, Massimiliano Defant, Stefano Gentile, Stefano Laudoni, Niccolo Martinoni, Andrea Marusic, Marco Portannese, Tommaso Raspino, Andrea Renzi, Paolo Rotondo, Roberto Rullo, Andrea Saccaggi, Daniele Sandri and Riccardo Truccolo. Players on standby: Paul Stephane Biligha, Jean Carlos Canelo, Filiberto Dri, Mathias Drigo, Andrea Muner, Enrique Apet Novatti, Lorenzo Panzini, Simone Rischia, Stevan Stojkov, Luca Tardito and Federico Vidani.
http://www.fibaeurope.com/coid_ZOn7TqrTJtEq7mt7SQi5k0.articleMode_on.contain er_frontpage.html

rikhardur
07-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Poliakh Content With Ukraine Training Ahead Of U20 Men

Ukraine have completed two training camps ahead of the U20 European Championship for Men in Rhodes.

During the first stage, Ukraine played three scrimmages against Israel and won each.

In an 81-78 triumph, Stanislav Tymofeenko had 15 points and 10 rebounds while in a 75-67 triumph, Ruslan Otverchenko poured in 19 points and handed out five assists.

Another close game saw Ukraine prevail 85-80 with Stanislav Tymofeenko's 16 points and 15 boards leading the way.

Volodymyr Poliakh, the team's head coach, said: "I am pleased with the results of the games and with what I saw. I can't say any of my players surprised or disappointed me - they rather showed what was expected.

"For example, Stanislav Tymofeenko worked with us last year and I knew what he was capable of and he demonstrated it with two double-doubles. Igor Zaitsev, who at 2.12m should be more dominant in the paint, finally became a factor in the third game both offensively and defensively."

Poliakh reduced the roster to 14 players for the second camp, but only 13 players showed up.

Olexandr Osnach failed to report to the training base without notice.

He eventually sent a letter to the federation, explaining he had personal issues.

Following the second training camp, Poliakh said: "After we completed the first camp I asked the players not to allow themselves to get out of shape and I was happy to see their condition when we resumed our practices.

"I was also satisfied with the amount of work we managed to get done during the second stage of our preparations and I think we are ready for the European Championship.

"We will now have several days off and will meet again on Monday. We have four practices planned before we head out to Greece."

Ukraine will take on Germany, Serbia and Croatia in Group D at the U20 European Championship.

While the players are getting a breather with a few days off, the coaches have plenty to keep themselves busy.

"The coaching staff will do some scouting," Poliakh said.

"We've got Germany and Croatia video tapes and should get Serbia very soon."
http://www.fibaeurope.com/coid_EIKZuVyUH62egDYUj887l3.articleMode_on.contain er_frontpage.html

Basket_
07-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Lithuanian final roster:

Šarūnas Vasiliauskas
Žygimantas Janavičius
Adas Juškevičius
Mindaugas Kuzminskas
Vytenis Lipkevičius
Simas Buterlevičius
Šarūnas Sliesoraitis
Vaidas Čepukaitis
Arvydas Gydra
Rokas Čepanonis
Edgaras Želionis
Donatas Motiejūnas

Toxicity
07-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Italy U20 NT Roster:

Cournooh David Reginald (90, P/G, 185, Montepaschi Siena)
Crotta Stefano (90, C, 206, Montepaschi Siena)
Da Ros Matteo (89, A/C, 203, Intertrasport Treviglio)
Gentile Stefano (89, P, 188, Ital Green Ostuni)
Martinoni Niccolň (89, A/C, 202, Benetton Treviso)
Marusic Andrea (89, A, 196, Nobili SBS Castelletto)
Raspino Tommaso (89, A, 198, Angelico Biella)
Rotondo Paolo (89, C, 205, Jesolosandonŕ Basket)
Rullo Roberto (90, P/G, 193, Benetton Treviso)
Saccaggi Andrea (89, P/G, 192, Benetton Treviso)
Sandri Daniele (90, G, 195, Benetton Treviso)
Truccolo Riccardo (89, G, 185, Jesolosandonŕ Basket)

We miss our best big man and probably player (Benetton's Andrea Renzi) due to an injury...

AlbionGate
07-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Serbian roster :

PG Filip Čović (180, 1989, FMP Železnik)
PG Nemanja Nedović (190, 1991, Crvena Zvezda)
SG Branko Lazić (196, 1989, FMP Železnik)
SG Stefan Stojačić (195, 1989, Mega Hypo Leasing)
SG/SF Dragan Milosavljević (197, 1989, Napredak Kruševac)
SG/SF Aleksandar Mitrović (202, 1990, Mega Hypo Leasing)
SF Vladimir Lučić (202, 1989, Partizan)
PF Nikola Marković (207, 1989, FMP Železnik)
PF Stefan Birčević (209, 1989, Metalac Valjevo)
PF Bojan Subotić (206, 1990, FMP Železnik)
C Duško Bunić (208, 1989, Novi Sad)
C Nikola Maravić (210, 1989, Mega Hypo Leasing)
Coach : Slobodan Klipa

zyy
07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi everybody, u20 champ starts on thursday, any thoughts or predictions?

Hope i'm not the only one interested in it.

Don't know much about other teams, but here is Lithuanian squad:

Sarunas Vasiliauskas
Zygimantas Janavicius
Adas Juskevicius
Mindaugas Kuzminskas
Vytenis Lipkevicius
Simas Buterlevicius
Sarunas Sliesoraitis
Vaidas Cepukaitis
Arvydas Gydra
Rokas Cepanonis
Edgaras Zelionis
Donatas Motiejunas

chacharko
07-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Do you have a roster of georgian team, which play in second division? Is there Shermanidini, T and L Shengelia, Gaprendiashvili etc?? Thanks so much..

rikhardur
07-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Do you have a roster of georgian team, which play in second division? Is there Shermanidini, T and L Shengelia, Gaprendiashvili etc?? Thanks so much..
Beka Tsivtsivadze
Giorgi Nanitashvili
Zurabi Machavariani
Malkhazi Abaishvili
Levan Tsekvava
Konstantine Tomaradze
Giorgi Kvetenadze
Levan Shengelia
Tornike Shengelia
Tato Chachibaia
Nika Metreveli
Richard Matiashvili

chacharko
07-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Beka Tsivtsivadze
Giorgi Nanitashvili
Zurabi Machavariani
Malkhazi Abaishvili
Levan Tsekvava
Konstantine Tomaradze
Giorgi Kvetenadze
Levan Shengelia
Tornike Shengelia
Tato Chachibaia
Nika Metreveli
Richard Matiashvili

thank you so much, but what´s wrong with Shermandini???? :(

rikhardur
07-13-2009, 04:23 PM
thank you so much, but what´s wrong with Shermandini???? :(
I think he's included in the senior team for Eurobasket B, he belongs there, not to the U20 anymore.

chacharko
07-13-2009, 04:29 PM
I think he's included in the senior team for Eurobasket B, he belongs there, not to the U20 anymore.

ok, thank you rikhardur.. So the first match with portugal is 50-50 :)

Theo Papaloukas
07-14-2009, 07:37 AM
French list, for the moment:

Ousmane CAMARA 2.02 1989 Intérieur STB Le Havre
Antoine DIOT 1.90 1989 Meneur Le Mans SB
Bangaly FOFANA 2.12 1989 Intérieur ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne
Antoine GOMIS 2.05 1989 Ailier Le Mans SB
Thomas HEURTEL 1.86 1989 Meneur EB Pau Lacq Orthez
Edwin JACKSON 1.88 1989 Arričre JSF Nanterre (Pro B)
Florian LESCA 1.97 1990 Arričre EB Pau Lacq Orthez
Amath M'BAYE 2.06 1989 Intérieur Stoneridge Prep (USA)
Carl ONA EMBO 1.83 1989 Meneur Beirasar Rosalia (LEB, Espagne)
Fernando RAPOSO 2.04 1989 Intérieur EB Pau Lacq Orthez
Lamine SAMBE 1.85 1989 Arričre EB Pau Lacq Orthez
Kevin SERAPHIN 2.05 1989 Intérieur Cholet Basket
Jonathan TORNATO 2.10 1989 Intérieur JDA Dijon
Florent TORTOSA 1.97 1989 Ailier Hyčres-Toulon VB

diogU
07-14-2009, 09:07 AM
still not officialy announced by our federation - but hey, what I'm talking about, it would be nice to finally see it at basket.ru even in the middle of competition.:o Anyway, Russian u20 roster:
Semen Antonov (2,04) Avtodor (Sup.B)
Vladimir Filippov (2,03) CSK VVS-Samara
Maxim Grigoryev (1,91) Lokomotiv-Rostov u23 team
Vladimir Ivlev (2,07) Dynamo u23 team
Dmitri Khvostov (1,90) Dynamo
Andrey Kirdyachkin (2,06) Sibirtelekom-Lokomotiv (Sup.B)
Valentin Novikov (1,96) Khmky u23 team
Denis Polokhin (1,95) CSKA u23 team
Semyon Shashkov (2,05) CSKA u23 team
Pavel Spiridonov (2,08) Triumph u23 team
Maxim Zakharov (1,98) CSKA u23 team
Vyacheslav Zaytsev (1,92) Khimky u23 team

chacharko
07-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Will play Denis Lukashov for Ukraina? I read that he was injured and didn´t play in the friendly games... He could be the MVP of the tournament...

Carmelo#1
07-14-2009, 10:33 AM
the greek roster

Kostas Sloukas/Olympiacos
Nikos Pappas/Real Madrid II
Evangelos Mantzaris/Peristeri
Evangelos Sakelariou/Pagkrati
Spiros Mourtos/Aris
Charalambos Yiannopoulos/Olympiacos
Kostas Papanikolaou/Aris
Vladimiros Jankovic/Panionios
Leonidas Kaselakis/Ilysiakos
Giorgos Bogris/Ilysiakos
Zisis Sarikopoulos/Ohio State
Efthimios Tsakaleris/Anagenissi Flogas

7 of the 12 played a few days ago the world championship at New Zealand.

Mindozas
07-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Will play Denis Lukashov for Ukraina? I read that he was injured and didn´t play in the friendly games... He could be the MVP of the tournament...

Ukrainian NT coach said (http://turnir.com.ua/basketbol/14072009-sbornaj_pervij_spisok_osnovnogo_sostava) that Lukashov might join NT's preparations after he will return from U-20 championship, so he should play there

zyy
07-14-2009, 01:18 PM
We have very weak generation here:( Only interesting players are Miro Bilan, Bojan Bogdanovic, Filip Kruslin, Marino Sarlija and Karlo Vragovic but non of them is realy good prospect. + they gona miss players born 90. like Zubcic and Delas. I just hope the want fall in devision B

Will any of U19 World Champ participants join the U20 Croatian team?

Iggypop
07-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Will any of U19 World Champ participants join the U20 Croatian team?

two of 'em, Mario Delas and Tomislav Zubcic

penzias
07-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Spanish roster.

Rai López _________ 1,85 PG
José A. Marco _____ 1,80 PG
Jorge Fernández ___ 1,82 PG
Alex Llorca ________ 1,90 SG
Luis Parejo ________ 1,92 SG
Xavi Rabaseda ______2,00 SF
Pablo Almazán ______ 2,01 SF
Pere Tomás ________ 2,00 SF/PF
Sergio De la Fuente __ 2,00 PF
Pablo Aguilar ________ 2,08 PF
Mamadou Samb ______ 2,07 PF/C
Óscar Raya __________ 2,08 C

Some heights are a lil bit inflated IMHO.

Picek
07-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Will any of U19 World Champ participants join the U20 Croatian team?we had a pretty young team up there so only Delaš and Zubčić will be joining the team from sunday..
and that is if Zubčić can make it there, he should be examined by the doctors first (his knee)..
Babić, Prostran, Batur, Došen and Bubalo should be joining our U-18 team actually..

pohani komarac
07-14-2009, 03:12 PM
at the start we gona have problems with bigs because Delas and Zubcic if doctors alowe him will join for secend part of turnamet while solid PF Marino Sarlija had tough injury during preparation games so its only Bilan and Hajdic. and it will be questionable how will they fit since they didn't spend a secend with this team. Also our PG Radic and Vragovic who is more undersized SG don't give us to much hope. And coach Darko Kunce:mad:

Only positive things from preparations games were Bogdanovic who finaliy averaged around 20 in this games and atletic SG with questionable atitude Pavle Marcinkovic was also good. Hope that Zmago "Atila" Sagadin will get him back on track next year in Zadar

Picek
07-14-2009, 03:19 PM
at the start we gona have problems with bigs because Delas and Zubcic if doctors alowe him will join for secend part of turnamet while solid PF Marino Sarlija had tough injury during preparation games so its only Bilan and Hajdic. and it will be questionable how will they fit since they didn't spend a secend with this team. Also our PG Radic and Vragovic who is more undersized SG don't give us to much hope. And coach Darko Kunce:mad:

yes, them joining the team on sunday may very well mean that they will play to avoid the relegation..
so it will be from fighting for a medal to fighting to avoid relegation in one week period :D
I'm kidding but it's not far from the truth.. these are the only german and ukrainian youth teams with any kind of future ahead of them.. (as far as I'm keeping track of those teams).. and spanish team should just be better then ours..
and same as you I don't believe in this cro team.. even Bogdanović is overhyped and injuries have really hurt him..

LuDux
07-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Spanish roster.

Rai López _________ 1,85 PG
José A. Marco _____ 1,80 PG
Jorge Fernández ___ 1,82 PG
Alex Llorca ________ 1,90 SG
Luis Parejo ________ 1,92 SG
Xavi Rabaseda ______2,00 SF
Pablo Almazán ______ 2,01 SF
Pere Tomás ________ 2,00 SF/PF
Sergio De la Fuente __ 2,00 PF
Pablo Aguilar ________ 2,08 PF
Mamadou Samb ______ 2,07 PF/C
Óscar Raya __________ 2,08 C

Some heights are a lil bit inflated IMHO.

Average height of this team is 196,1. Either this generation is small or some heights are deflated

lafa
07-15-2009, 06:28 AM
will this EB be televised? if so i guess there will be some broadcasts over internet as well.

Picek
07-15-2009, 11:51 AM
the greek roster

Kostas Sloukas/Olympiacos
Nikos Pappas/Real Madrid II
Evangelos Mantzaris/Peristeri
Evangelos Sakelariou/Pagkrati
Spiros Mourtos/Aris
Charalambos Yiannopoulos/Olympiacos
Kostas Papanikolaou/Aris
Vladimiros Jankovic/Panionios
Leonidas Kaselakis/Ilysiakos
Giorgos Bogris/Ilysiakos
Zisis Sarikopoulos/Ohio State
Efthimios Tsakaleris/Anagenissi Flogas

7 of the 12 played a few days ago the world championship at New Zealand.while those 7 guys was in New Zealand what was the rest of these guys doing?
preparing with another group of players?

pohani komarac
07-15-2009, 12:45 PM
will this EB be televised? if so i guess there will be some broadcasts over internet as well.

eurosport 2 will broadcast final game for sure. the rest i don't know

rikhardur
07-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Ukraine’s Tonchenko Looks Ahead To U20 Men In Rhodes

If Ukraine are going to improve on their eighth-place finish at the 2008 U20 European Championship Men Vladislav Tonchenko will have to offer solid play at point guard.

A player on the books of Ukrainian outfit Mykolaiv, Tonchenko should have no problem understanding what is expected of him by national team boss Volodymyr Poliakh.

That's because Poliakh is also the Mykolaiv head coach.

The U20 event in Rhodes, Greece, tips off on Thursday and Tonchenko gave this interview to Basketball World News on behalf of FIBA Europe.

FIBA Europe: Vladislav, can you reflect on this past season please? Senior national team coach Valentyn Melnychuk had very high expectations of you last summer and numerous times mentioned how much potential you have. But instead of realizing it you were moved to a farm team and only got back to the main team by the end of the league.

Tonchenko: It was very hard for me to adjust to the club's pre-season preparations after I returned from the national team. I'd missed the conditioning camp and was slightly out of shape. Coach Poliakh said I overrated myself (got star sick), but that wasn't the case, trust me. It's hard to tell whether I earned my right to be on the senior national team or made the roster because of the withdrawal of key players - but I definitely lost my concentration and only returned to my usual form towards the end of the season.

FIBA Europe: Did the final games of the season and the playoffs give you more confidence?

Tonchenko: Yes, the last couple of games of the regular season and the play-off series against Khimik and Pulsar did. I felt really good. Maybe it was not that obvious in stats, but it really felt like I could once again play at a high level.

FIBA Europe: National team players, especially those that are eligible to play for a youth as well as the senior national team, miss the entire summer vacation. What do you think about not having the summer to yourself?

Tonchenko: I don't mind not having the vacation. It's a great honor to be called up to play for the senior national team and I will gladly join it again if coach Melnychuk invites me. The only negative aspect of this is you don't have enough time to give your body the rest it needs which increases the risk of injury and doesn't allow you to start the new season on the same page physically as the rest of your teammates.

FIBA Europe: How do you rate your team's chances at the upcoming U20 European Championship for Men in Greece?

Tonchenko: I think we are capable of improving on last year's eighth-place finish and will do everything possible to make this happen. It looks like we are fully ready for the championship and the team seems to have jelled in practices. All players have been working really hard, but it's hard to judge just by that. We almost didn't play scrimmages and the three games we had against Israel didn't really show our level. But I know a lot of players from last year and can tell that the Serbia and the Croatia teams are very strong. Germany is pretty good also. Hopefully all the players will work as one towards achieving the goal, but you can never be sure - some, unfortunately, might treat the even as a chance to show off their individual talent.

FIBA Europe: How about you?

Tonchenko: My personal stats don't bother me at all. The most important thing for me is to do what the coach says. I am a team player and the most important thing for me is to organize a team game and make sure we win.
http://www.fibaeurope.com/coid_M3LUoU,wGIYiXXGj0QLo60.articleMode_on.contain er_frontpage.html

Carmelo#1
07-15-2009, 04:18 PM
while those 7 guys was in New Zealand what was the rest of these guys doing?

They played a preperation tournament at Rhodos with the U 20 B-Team.

NIKOLAS
07-15-2009, 04:21 PM
while those 7 guys was in New Zealand what was the rest of these guys doing?

THE REST OF THE GUYS ALONG WITH SOME OTHER PLAYERS TRAINED ALL THESE DAYS PREPARING FOR THE TOURNAMENT.WE PLAYED SOME FRIENLY GAMES IN GERMANY(LOST TWICE) AND COMPETE IN A TOUNAMENT IN RHODES 2 DAYS AGO (WON ISRAEL AND TURKEY,LOST TO SERBIA)..iN ALL THESE GAMES WE PLAYED WITHOUT THE u19 PLAYERS JOINED THE TEAM

BY THE WAY DOES ANYONE KNOWS THE COMPLETE RESULTS OF THE MOLFETA ITALY TOURNAMENT??

FrankieV
07-15-2009, 08:51 PM
I am new here, Croat living in the US. Is there by any chance a possibility to watch the games online? Would be nice if Fiba would do the same as they did with the U19 thing in NZ. Thanks

Congrats to the Greek team, pitty they didn't surprise the US team. Well, Croatia could have, too, but it wasn't meant to be. Good luck

FrankieV
07-15-2009, 09:02 PM
I don't think that CRO will go to Div. B, after all, Zubcic and Delas will play (from Sunday on) and the major rest of the U19 team will participate in the U18 tournament. Nevertheless, a very prospective Croatia team in 2-3 years from now, as some of these guys will join the seniors. Prostran could have helped out in the U20 team, but I think that the Croatian Basketball Federation is doing well splitting the players like that.

chacharko
07-15-2009, 10:33 PM
has somebody got roster of Romania in B division?? Is there Urichianu? thanks

FrankieV
07-15-2009, 10:45 PM
ROSTER
Name Pos. Height
Robert Antal C 1.98
Marian Alexandru Ararau PF 2.00
Aurelian Berbec G 1.86
Andrei Bercean G 1.88
Andrei Ciubotariu C 2.03
Horia Codin PF 2.04
Matei Daian C 2.05
Iulian Dinca F 1.88
Sabin Faur C 1.96
Adrian Daniel Gheorghe PG 1.82
Adrian Gutoaia C 1.95
Ciprian Mihai C 2.03
Vladimir Mihai PG 1.80
Alexandru Negut G 1.93
Julian Orbeanu C 2.01
Ioan Pop G 1.75
Ciprian Popescu F 1.96
George Scurtu G 1.86
Alin Eugen Sipos F 2.02
Andras Stretea PG 1.86
Vlad George Táschiná F 1.97
Rolland Török C 1.98
Mihai Urichianu C 1.98
Alexandru Vlad F 1.92

FrankieV
07-15-2009, 10:46 PM
...he's a part of the team, question remains if he's going to play though.

Kotarac
07-16-2009, 05:44 AM
Since no one has posted the full Croatian roster here it is:

Coach: Darko Kunce

4.Miro Bilan | C - 2.12 - Šibenik, 1989 | KK Šibenik
5.Nikola Blažević | PG/G - 1.90 - Zadar, 1991 | KK Zadar
6.Bojan Bogdanović | G/F - 2.00 - Mostar, 1989 | Real Madrid
7.Mario Delaš | PF/C - 2.08 - Split, 1990 | KK Split
8.Mario Hajdić | PF - 2.05 - Dubrovnik, 1989 | KK Dubrovnik
9.Filip Kraljević | C - 2.12 - Mostar, 1989 | Rudeš
10.Pavle Marčinković | G - 1.97 - Zadar, 1989 | KK Zadar
11.Vedran Nakić | PG - 1.84 - Varaždin, 1989 | KK Zabok
12.Antonio Oštrić | F - 2.00 - Dubrovnik, 1989 | KK Dubrovnik
13.Marko Radić | PG - 1.86 - Dubrovnik, 1989 | KK Dubrovnik
14.Karlo Vragović | G - 1.91 - Zagreb, 1989 | Dubrava
15.Tomislav Zubčić | F/PF - 2.10 - Zadar, 1990 | Cibona

Lietuvis
07-16-2009, 06:42 AM
Lithuanian final roster:

Šarūnas Vasiliauskas
Žygimantas Janavičius
Adas Juškevičius
Mindaugas Kuzminskas
Vytenis Lipkevičius
Simas Buterlevičius
Šarūnas Sliesoraitis
Vaidas Čepukaitis
Arvydas Gydra
Rokas Čepanonis
Edgaras Želionis
Donatas Motiejūnas

Watch Kuzminskas he is a great player and I believe he has a real crack at the MVP for this tournament. I saw this team play (- Motiejunas) in Kaunas a week ago when they took on candidates trying to get a spot in the Mens team of which he dominated. The mens team had Andriuškevičius, Kalnietis, Katelynas, Gecevičius etc:

http://www.musukrepsinis.lt/lt/index;news;show,id.20,item.465

The candidates (coached buy NT Butautas) themselves were shown up by the U20 squad and the whole crowd cheered them on to victory. Funny thing is I dont think anyone from the candidates will get selected but I would say 1 or 2 from U20 may.

the_black_planet
07-16-2009, 09:10 AM
I agree with Lietuvis,I watched this game and Kuzminskas looks like having great potential.He is a bit of Seibutis(who also played for the Lithuanian National team -B) but with much better athletic ability.Looked very good in 1 on 1 and in defence.Is his shot that good too?

Levenspiel
07-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Turkish U20 NT

Gokper Gen (PG, 1.88, 1989, Karsiyaka)
Ibrahim Yildirim (PG, 1.88, 1990, Banvit)
Melih Mahmutoglu (SG, 1.87, 1990, Darussafaka)
Erol Can Cinko (SG, 1.88, 1990, Banvit)
Birkan Batuk (SF, 1.98, 1990, Trabzon)
Can Ozcan (SF, 2.01, 1989, Trabzon)
Osman Gokhan Sirin (SF, 2.04, 1990, NCAA)
Tufan Onen (PF, 2.02, 1989, Oyak Renault)
Ilkan Karaman (PF, 2.05, 1990, Tofas)
Erdinc Balto (PF, 2.06, 1990, Genc Telekom)
M. Deniz Kilicli (PF/C, 2.06, 1990, NCAA)
Dusan Cantekin (C, 2.22, 1990, Efes Pilsen)

No Dogus Balbay... :???:

the_black_planet
07-16-2009, 09:18 AM
And I have to ask now where is Kanter???????

pohani komarac
07-16-2009, 09:20 AM

maybe in U-18 team:rolleyes:

the_black_planet
07-16-2009, 09:27 AM
I think I didn't notice him also in a friendly game of the U-18 Turkish NT.Maybe he is playing for the Cadets?????Any Turkish friend can inform us???But I would like to watch him in this tournament to compete with Motejunas and other big and older than him men...

lafa
07-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Watch Kuzminskas he is a great player and I believe he has a real crack at the MVP for this tournament.

I totally agree.

Funny thing is I dont think anyone from the candidates will get selected but I would say 1 or 2 from U20 may.

I totally disagree. Kalnietis 100% will go to Poland, and don't count Seibutis out, since there is a huge question mark next to Kaukenas. Seibutis plays 2-3, but can play 1 if desperately needed. And Katelynas... Sorry, I just caught myself, that most of what I wrote here is OFF TOPIC, so I won't continue this debate... :)

p.s. : so what about broadcasting? greeks, any links, news?

Billy Bounce
07-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Turkish U20 NT

Dusan Cantekin (C, 2.22, 1990, Efes Pilsen)

God save us What a tower :eek:

Anybody have links of today's matches ?

Levenspiel
07-16-2009, 09:46 AM
I could see the final squad only yesterday. It's a bit strange, because neither the media nor the main bball portals/boards cover the u20 team. So I have no idea where's Kanter, and what happened to Balbay, who was in the preliminary roster according to federation's website.

Levenspiel
07-16-2009, 09:53 AM
I haven't seen him play but his stats and reviews are not impressive. He's a naturalized player from Serbia, and was the subject of a big debate last year between Serbian Fed/Turkish Fed and the FIBA. We have a separate topic about that somewhere in the forum.

rind
07-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Balbay broke his hand in a preparation game against France in mid-June.
Kanter is 17 years old thus playing with the U-18 team.

Picek
07-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Ankle Injury Forces Aguilar Out // 16 July 2009
By David Hein

Spain will face a tough challenge early on at the U20 European Championship as star center Pablo Aguilar will likely miss the Preliminary Round in Greece.

Aguilar injured his right ankle last Monday and was not participating in warm-up drills for Spain's Group A opener against Russia in Rhodes.

A member of the Spanish staff said that Aguilar hopefully would return in time for the qualifying round, which starts on Monday.

Spain also play Latvia and Slovenia in Group A.but Rabaseda is back..
so far Russia has been in control of the game..
Khvostov with 9 assists after three quarters.

penzias
07-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Looks like Samb decided to wake up in the 4th Q. We'll need more production from him until Aguilar returns.
Rabaseda isin insane mode today. :)

Billy Bounce
07-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Israel was +5 with 1:16 to go, Turkey takes time-out then Yildirim makes three-pointer , steals the ball from Anton Shutvin in the next possession and converts into lay-up to tie the game :eek:

Looks like the next Turkoglu is here :)

OT Damn, obviously the bbl god was against us today: Israel with +2 0:02 ... Turkey takes time-out, Mahmutoglu who was 0-7 3pts makes a three pointer with a buzzer. 76:75 Turkey wins :D

GEORGE_4
07-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Israel was +5 with 1:16 to go, Turkey takes time-out then Yildirim makes three-pointer , steals the ball from Anton Shutvin in the next possession and converts into lay-up to tie the game :eek:

Looks like the next Turkoglu is here :)

OT 5:5 with 1 min to go

Daniel hits potenctial winning shot, but... Mahmutogklu hits the buzzer beater and Turkey won 76:75!!!

Levenspiel
07-16-2009, 01:35 PM
It's a pity we couldn't watch the game. Turkey won by the buzzer beater of Mahmutoglu, who was 0/7 beyond the arc before that shot!

a-Ha
07-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Latvia U-20 NT

Dairis Bertāns - SG/SF, 1989, 191, Ventspils
Lauris Blaus - C, 1990, 202, Ķeizarmežs
Artūrs Dušelis - PF, 1989, 198, Barons/LMT
Andris Justovičs - SF, 1989, 194, Zemgale
Jānis Kaufmanis - SG, 1989, 185, Valmiera
Kalvis Krūmiņš - PG, 1990, 182, Zemgale
Lauris Mizis - PF, 1989, 198, Zemgale
Dāvis Rozītis - C, 1990, 211, Cēsis
Mikus Sokolovs - SG, 1989, 194, Ventspils
Jānis Strēlnieks - PG, 1989, 191, Ventspils
Oskars Virsis - PG, 1989, 186, Valmiera
Kristers Zeidaks - PF, 1990, 200, Barons/LMT

Billy Bounce
07-16-2009, 01:43 PM
It's a pity we couldn't watch the game. Turkey won by the buzzer beater of Mahmutoglu, who was 0/7 beyond the arc before that shot!

Yea, and who give him assist for this tree-pointer : Yildirim :cool:

Levenspiel
07-16-2009, 01:46 PM
OT Damn, obviously the bbl god was against us today: Israel with +2 0:02 ... Turkey takes time-out, Mahmutoglu who was 0-7 3pts makes a three pointer with a buzzer. 76:75 Turkey wins :D
Apparently, yes.

But Mahmutoglu is normally a good 3pt shooter (40% at TBL). Today was his bad day (I mean until the last sec).

Yea, and who give him assist for this tree-pointer : Yildirim :cool:
Well, I really hope your intuitions are right and we have something in that guy :).

Levenspiel
07-16-2009, 02:22 PM
What a 2nd quarter comeback from Slovenians. It was 13-26 at one point, then I checked once more and saw 31-26!

It's 34-28 now. Partial score: 21-2

Greed
07-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Latvia U-20 NT

Dairis Bertāns - SG/SF, 1989, 191, Ventspils
Lauris Blaus - C, 1990, 202, Ķeizarmežs
Artūrs Dušelis - PF, 1989, 198, Barons/LMT
Andris Justovičs - SF, 1989, 194, Zemgale
Jānis Kaufmanis - SG, 1989, 185, Valmiera
Kalvis Krūmiņš - PG, 1990, 182, Zemgale
Lauris Mizis - PF, 1989, 198, Zemgale
Dāvis Rozītis - C, 1990, 211, Cēsis
Mikus Sokolovs - SG, 1989, 194, Ventspils
Jānis Strēlnieks - PG, 1989, 191, Ventspils
Oskars Virsis - PG, 1989, 186, Valmiera
Kristers Zeidaks - PF, 1990, 200, Barons/LMT

Hey! Can you say few words, about your NT? About players, team's goals?
Is there player/s we should keep an eye on? What you expect from this NT team?
Thanks for the information!

JuJu
07-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Really really difficult tasks for the Latvian and Lithuanian team.

I know Montengero and Slovenia are tough nuts to crack, but i would like to know if they are really so strong? If i check fiba-europe reviews than i read always the same thing...difficult task, tough game and so on...

but in my mind they wrote it to show respect for the losing team.

The last years SLovenia hadtn strong teams are they this year much better?

--------

Are there any other sites to get more information about youth competitions than fiba-europe?

a-Ha
07-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Hey! Can you say few words, about your NT? About players, team's goals?
Is there player/s we should keep an eye on? What you expect from this NT team?
Thanks for the information!

There are two sure leaders - Bertāns and Strēlnieks (both are guards). They both are playing for current Latvian champions BK Ventspils and if something bad won't happen, they will play in Latvian NT after few years. Those two are actually the only ones who are playing important role in their clubs. We also have some quite good tall players - Zeidaks, Blaus, Mizis. But that's actually all - bench players aren't that good, so everything depends form about 5-7 players. This team 2 years ago won 3rd place in European U-18 championship, but I don't think they can do that again this year. I think quaterfinals would be good for this team, because our group is very tough (ESP, RUS).

Levenspiel
07-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Close games in Group B. Montenegro couldn't make the last second free throws to tie the game, and it ended 73-71 for Lithuania.

pohani komarac
07-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Really really difficult tasks for the Latvian and Lithuanian team.

I know Montengero and Slovenia are tough nuts to crack, but i would like to know if they are really so strong? If i check fiba-europe reviews than i read always the same thing...difficult task, tough game and so on...

but in my mind they wrote it to show respect for the losing team.

The last years SLovenia hadtn strong teams are they this year much better?

--------

Are there any other sites to get more information about youth competitions than fiba-europe?

Don't know? Montenegro lost in preparation games with our U-19 and our U-20 with no 90 born players and our 89. generation sucks. OK that was preparation games but still...

While this Slovenian generation fall to B U-18 devision two years ago:confused:

Picek
07-16-2009, 06:05 PM
phew, somehow they grinded it out..
this was possibly a win for the second round..
it will be so much easier now..

pohani komarac
07-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Edit: 91-86 overtime win for us:)

my fingers are to fast for my brain:D

FrankieV
07-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Latvia beat Slovenia 93-86, interesting...

FrankieV
07-16-2009, 06:44 PM
It was 91-86 for Croatia at the end.
PTS B. Bogdanovic 32.0
RT M. Bilan 8.0
AS M. Radic 2.0
ST A. Ostric 3.0
BS B. Bogdanovic 1.0

AlbionGate
07-16-2009, 07:36 PM
:mad: Serbia-Ukraine 23:36 (Halftime). Lazic best serbian scorer with 5 pts. :confused:

I'm beginning to think that serbian team will end this competition with 3 losses.

PS : To Serbian Basketball Federation officials. Congrats for your amazing job. :mad:. How long will we watch players like Lazic or Maravic in our U20 national teams ? Simo Atanackovic, Dejan Kravic, Sasa Borovnjak and Milos Kleut are better than Maravic but nobody called them, even to take part to trials.
Stefan Perunicic and Andreja Milutinovic are also far better than Lazic. It's now clear that if you are working with a famous manager or if one of your relatives works with the coach, you're almost certain to be in the final team. Hopeless.

FrankieV
07-16-2009, 07:45 PM
I don't think that Serbia "forgot" to play BB, give it some time. After all, this is just a junior tournament, I am sure there's a lot of potential. We Croats had to wait for more than a decade to come back somehow (we still didn't come back entirely), so, I guess it's just a question of time. Look at Partizan in the NLB, they rule with domestic players, FMP and Hemofarm, mostly with Serbian players, don't forget that.

xtf_no4
07-16-2009, 08:42 PM
It's now clear that if you are working with a famous manager or if one of your relatives works with the coach, you're almost certain to be in the final team. Hopeless.

Can you tell me a country where this is not the case in youth NT?

pohani komarac
07-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Zubcic won't join team because of injury:mad:, insted of him Matej Karlovic will join them tomorow and Delas will join them on Sunday

zik013
07-17-2009, 06:56 AM
in a game vs germany only 7 Croatian players played, 5 players on the list didnt play... i know some of them will join on Sunday, some tomorrow.... but why the other players didnt play ?? does Croatia really has only 7 players now or the coach just didnt let them play because of their quality...

whats the situation for the game vs Ukraine please.... 7 players again ??

thanks in advance

Picek
07-17-2009, 07:46 AM
in a game vs germany only 7 Croatian players played, 5 players on the list didnt play... i know some of them will join on Sunday, some tomorrow.... but why the other players didnt play ?? does Croatia really has only 7 players now or the coach just didnt let them play because of their quality...

whats the situation for the game vs Ukraine please.... 7 players again ??

thanks in advanceZubčić won't play at all..
Delaš will play next week..
Kraljević should play today..
Nakić and Blažević not playing was coach decision..

Billy Bounce
07-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Close games in Group C. Montenegro couldn't make the last second free throws to tie the game, and it ended 73-71 for Lithuania.

It seems like the closest group so far, two matches: +1, +2

Today:

Turkey - Montenegro ( good luck to Turks :p )
Lithuania - Israel ( 4 centers against none :D )

pablonis
07-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Lithuanian final roster:

Šarūnas Vasiliauskas
Žygimantas Janavičius
Adas Juškevičius
Mindaugas Kuzminskas
Vytenis Lipkevičius
Simas Buterlevičius
Šarūnas Sliesoraitis
Vaidas Čepukaitis
Arvydas Gydra
Rokas Čepanonis
Edgaras Želionis
Donatas Motiejūnas

Anything less than a final would be a dissapointment.

penzias
07-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Great dunk by Rabaseda.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1c8y5xaZsk

Billy Bounce
07-17-2009, 01:17 PM
3 min to go , -10 for Turkey : time for a magic

1 min to go , -2 for Turkey, Yildirim with a critical three pointer

Someone G. Gen ruined the magic with one missed FT and TO in the last possession with 7 sec to go : -1 :o

3 sec to go, -3 for Turkey

Mahmetoglu : TO , -3 @ the final

Levenspiel
07-17-2009, 01:21 PM
and we need a buzzer beater three pointer again... :D

We couldn't shoot. Too bad.

Gokper Gen is normally the backup PG. He found himself as the sole play maker of the team suddenly, after the injury of Balbay, who has been the leader of this team at all levels. Yesterday Gen did some critical turnovers too.

The late comebacks were nice, but our chances in the tournament does not seem so bright from now on.

Billy Bounce
07-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Gokper Gen is normally the backup PG. He found himself as the sole play maker of the team suddenly, after the injury of Balbay, who has been the leader of this team at all levels. Yesterday Gen did some critical turnovers too.

Why not to give the lead to Yildirim ? He's a PG/SG , isn't he?

Israel has to win today to turn this group into complete mess :D

It looks like the points difference will be critical here.

auris1
07-17-2009, 02:39 PM
It looks like the points difference will be critical here.
Half time
Israel 29 - Lithuania 63
Nail baiting second half awaits
118-68
ouch

Billy Bounce
07-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Half time
Israel 29 - Lithuania 63
Nail baiting second half awaits
118-68
ouch

Was out of net for a while ... OMG -50 :eek:
Well , no wonders here, we always suck against Lithuanian teams :D

I hope our guys will be able to recover quickly for tomorrow game against Montenegro . If I recall correctly we still have a chance. If we beat Montenegro with a larger margin then Lithuania-Turkey will end, we advance instead of Montenegro... It's head-to-head difference that counts, isn't it?

Mindozas
07-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Was out of net for a while ... OMG -50 :eek:
Well , no wonders here, we always suck against Lithuanian teams :D

I hope our guys will be able to recover quickly for tomorrow game against Montenegro . If I recall correctly we still have a chance. If we beat Montenegro with a larger margin then Lithuania-Turkey will end, we advance instead of Montenegro... It's head-to-head difference that counts, isn't it?

All you need is to beat Montenegro by any margin and you're in next round, doesn't matter how the other game will finish

Levenspiel
07-17-2009, 07:31 PM
If Israel beats Montenegro even by 1 point, they will qualify, no matter how the other game ends.

In the most likely case where LTU beats TUR, a three-way tie will occur.

Israel = -1+x
Montenegro = 3-x
Turkey = -2

if x>2, you're gonna be the 2nd.
if x>5, Montenegro will be out.

So, please beat MNE by 6. :)

Roy M
07-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Simple arithmetic:

Israel has to win by 1 to 4.
It that case, Israel will promote with Montenegro and with 1-1 to the second round.

If Israel wins by 5 or more, Turkey will advance with Israel, but as 0-2 to Israel.

Isarel 1-2:
2. Montenegro (0-2)
3. Israel (1-1)
4. Turkry

Israel 3-4:
2. Israel (1-1)
3. Montenegro (0-2)
4. Turkey

Israel 5 or more:
2. Israel (2-0)
3. Turkey (1-1)
4. Montenegro

Any case, Isreal has the weakest ever team here, I can't see them pass Monenegro.

Picek
07-17-2009, 08:23 PM
germans lost to us after OT yesterday..
today they equalised against Serbia with few seconds to go but serbia scored in the last second..
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger :p
Ukraine will advance with all four points
we and Serbia will decide who will take two points to the next round
germans are out even if they win against Ukraine (which I expect they will do)..

xtf_no4
07-17-2009, 10:09 PM
this is probably the most incredible result so far in my eyes. Luxembourg beating Portugal in DivisionB by 21 points. When I saw it, i thought ok, Luxembourg lost by only 21 points. Thats ok. But they beat Portugal by 21, that sounds totally unbelievable to me

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

rikhardur
07-18-2009, 12:59 AM
this is probably the most incredible result so far in my eyes. Luxembourg beating Portugal in DivisionB by 21 points. When I saw it, i thought ok, Luxembourg lost by only 21 points. Thats ok. But they beat Portugal by 21, that sounds totally unbelievable to me

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
It is out of this world. I mean Portugal beats Georgia (leading 55-33 at HT) and now loses to Luxembourg by 21? I'm looking forward for explanations from the coach, although no-one can right now really explain what was through the players minds.

Billy Bounce
07-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks for updating me on the rules.

Meantime , 32-20 for Montenegro @ the half : Montenegrin are killing us in the paint in both points and rebounds, luckily they 're 1/8 from the arc.

The bushido must to go on :D

the_black_planet
07-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Another huge surprise for the 2nd division.Bulgaria lost again from Austria.Congratulations to the Austrian kids but it's very sad for this team with players like Zahariev and Avramov to suck so much...Has anybody any clue about what's going wrong??????

Billy Bounce
07-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Israel will fight to avoid redelegation to B division :(

Sad day, but nothing can't be said : you can't win anything without bigs and quality guards

Roy M
07-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Israel will fight to avoid redelegation to B division :(

Sad day, but nothing can't be said : you can't win anything without bigs and quality guards

The problem starts when Ariel Beit Halachmi bacame the head coach.

xtf_no4
07-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Another huge surprise for the 2nd division.Bulgaria lost again from Austria.Congratulations to the Austrian kids but it's very sad for this team with players like Zahariev and Avramov to suck so much...Has anybody any clue about what's going wrong??????

This is the best Austrian generation for ages including two great players in Rasid Mahalbasic and Moritz Lanegger who are both born in 1990 and reached 5th place in DivB last year with u18

Srle
07-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Very important game for us today against Croatia.I have to say that we are playing without two our best players born in 1989 Macvan and Katanic plus Milutinovic should be playing too.

Srle
07-18-2009, 06:17 PM

Anybody have links of today's matches ?

That asshole is born in Serbia:mad:

Levenspiel
07-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Looks like we lost again while keeping it close till the end (59-59), but not at the very end (59-65). This generation was not very promising anyway, but their resistance so far without Balbay is something positive. They apparently cannot close the games, however.

No body could find a way to watch the games still?

Picek
07-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Very important game for us today against Croatia.I have to say that we are playing without two our best players born in 1989 Macvan and Katanic plus Milutinovic should be playing too.and we are playing without six players (Kraljević is back).. and all of them have seen minutes for their teams in croatian league..
plus Delaš and Zubčić (he won't play at all) from our u-19 team..
the only good thing for this two teams is that the group they are crossing with in the next stage is also relatively week ...

Srle
07-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Yeah I know you are missing lots of players but for us Macvan is a man team:D

pohani komarac
07-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Looks like we lost again while keeping it close till the end (59-59), but not at the very end (59-65). This generation was not very promising anyway, but their resistance so far without Balbay is something positive. They apparently cannot close the games, however.

No body could find a way to watch the games still?

i think i read somwere that some greece tv broadcasting their games but i'm not sure. all i know for sure that eurosport 2 will broadcasting finals and maybe some other games. that's what comentator said on serbian eurosport 2

o yeah shorthanded croatia beat shorthanded serbia:D

Mindozas
07-18-2009, 08:28 PM
i think i read somwere that some greece tv broadcasting their games but i'm not sure. all i know for sure that eurosport 2 will broadcasting finals and maybe some other games. that's what comentator said on serbian eurosport 2

ERTsat broadcasts greek games. A year ago they did the same with U-18 championship

pohani komarac
07-18-2009, 08:32 PM
and we are playing without six players (Kraljević is back).. and all of them have seen minutes for their teams in croatian league..
plus Delaš and Zubčić (he won't play at all) from our u-19 team..
the only good thing for this two teams is that the group they are crossing with in the next stage is also relatively week ...

woldn't be so sure i thimk lithuania is strongest team here so we must target wins against turky and montenegro and i doubt that they are week like you said

AlbionGate
07-18-2009, 08:32 PM
o yeah shorthanded croatia beat shorthanded serbia:D

Croatia beat Serbia 82-74

If I'm not wrong Serbia will play in the second round without any point, so without any hopes to reach a medal. :mad:

Congrats to head coach Klipa, and to players Maravic, Covic, Lazic. :mad: :mad:

Bunic Must be starting center. :)

Bircevic Must be starting power forward. ;)

Subotic Totally lost out of FMP system. Like a fish out of water. :(

Markovic. Three years ago, he was one of the greatest prospect in his generation in Serbia. At the time, he was playing small forward in Beovuk. His career is in danger after spending two seasons in FMP with coaches who wants him to become a power forward. :mad:

Mitrovic and Stojacic . They played together all year long in Mega. If I were head-coach, they would have been my first choices at small forward and shooting guard positions. :rolleyes:

Lucic. He almost didn't play at all. :confused: Shame on you Slobodan Klipa. :mad: This guy is a real prospect.

Milosavljevic he gives us our only win so far, he will improve much more next year with Muta Nikolic as coach. :)

Nedovic must be starting playmaker. :)

BTW, Croatia almost find his future starting line up in youth competition this summer (Bilan, Delas, Zubcic, Bogdanovic, Prostran).

pohani komarac
07-18-2009, 08:55 PM
i think competition system is changed and there are no direct semifinals so serbia still has some chances to reach quaterfinals

about croatian starting lineup i know you know for sure how can croatian coaches "kill" our young players:mad: we played for five stright generations in U-18 finals starting from giricek, zemljic generation to ukic and tomas generation so right now we should be force insted of average team. we had few bad generations but 90-94 looks great potential wise and with few like tomic, bogdanovic and others we should be great again if our coachhes don't mess up again

Billy Bounce
07-19-2009, 07:37 AM
The problem starts when Ariel Beit Halachmi bacame the head coach.

You may appoint Gershon/Messina/Jackson as a head coach, does it change the facts that the average height of our NT is 1.93 and we play without a single center ... or that there are only 2 more or less u20 champ level bblers : Sean Daniel and Anton Shoutvin , both playing in the same position ?

arturcia
07-20-2009, 02:39 PM
awful to see our team play :eek: half time: motiejunas 2pts, kuzminskas 4pts, janavicius 4pts, juskevicius 2pts, lipkevicius 0pts. :confused: and serbia 7/12 3pts shot :eek:

Levenspiel
07-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Yep, -17 at halftime. LTU percentages are so awful that one cannot believe it will be the same way in second half. Hard to reproduce (25% fg, 14% 3-pt, 57%ft). I believe they will catch up in the second half.

pohani komarac
07-20-2009, 03:03 PM
24-14 in fouls for serbia so that explains bad shooting percenteges. they are probabley playing very tough D

pablonis
07-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Damn do serbs play lumberjacks today...

Straight forward
07-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Seems like Vasiliauskas' show at the end!
And Motiejunas is totally gone somewhere.

Picek
07-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Delaš played his first minutes on the championship and we won against Montenegro 76-70..
with one more win out of next two games we are through to the quarters and that is probably the limit for this injury depleted team and more then I expected they would accomplish..

pohani komarac
07-20-2009, 06:16 PM
they already don much more than i expected:)

the_black_planet
07-21-2009, 07:35 AM
Does any friend know why Vesely doesn't play this summer for the U20 Chez NT?

Levenspiel
07-21-2009, 07:55 AM
OMG, ours doubled Ukraine :eek: (93-44) who had come with a 2-0 record.

One thing I noticed is Dusan Cantekin doesn't get minutes. He's like 10-15 min per game, even though his stats are good. And he's supposed to make a leap this season, being Efes' only youngster for the EL squad.

Mindozas
07-21-2009, 09:24 AM

He is with Czech senior NT this summer

chacharko
07-21-2009, 10:23 AM
He is with Czech senior NT this summer

also Satoranský who is 18...

GEORGE_4
07-21-2009, 10:31 AM

Vesely and Satoransky, both the bigest czech talents, will try to help czech senior NT to stay in european A division ... Czechs will face Estonia, Hungary and Ukraine...

chacharko
07-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Vesely and Satoransky, both the bigest czech talents, will try to help czech senior NT to stay in european A division ... Czechs will face Estonia, Hungary and Ukraine...

and youngster Kudláček is injured .. btw.. I know that he´s in Italy.. but where?? C1, C2 dilletanti? Or junior squad of some SerieA team??

GEORGE_4
07-21-2009, 11:39 AM
and youngster Kudláček is injured .. btw.. I know that he´s in Italy.. but where?? C1, C2 dilletanti? Or junior squad of some SerieA team??

He played in lower league last season but few days ago he signed five years contract with Trenkwalder Reggio Emilia from Lega due...;)

chacharko
07-21-2009, 11:49 AM

ooops.. I´m sorry...

pablonis
07-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Lithuania - Croatia 93:83

Again, no clearly distinguishing leader in scoring for Lithuania as 5 guys went to double digits. Bogdanovic was a sole soldier for Croatia scoring 28, but getting little help from his teammates.

Janavicius however, is worth mentioning here: 19pts, 6rb, 7ass, 4 st.

GEORGE_4
07-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Another awful performance of young Serbians :mad: They made only four field shots (from 30) in first half against Turkey, so they´re losing now by 22 (15:37)...

KWSN-Men
07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
It's amazing how badly Greece is coached...

THRYLOS
07-21-2009, 06:26 PM
It's amazing how badly Greece is coached...

Why did you not become a coach, instead of beefing in this forum?

KWSN-Men
07-21-2009, 06:47 PM

I bet I would be better than Giannakis. :rolleyes:

But I guess that's not really an accomplishment. So would most Interbasket members. :D

Picek
07-21-2009, 06:49 PM

because he is useless for anything else besides that..
Turkey won against Serbia and now things are a real mess here in this group..
especially if montenegro wins the game against ukraine...

KWSN-Men
07-21-2009, 06:52 PM
because he is useless for anything else besides that..

... said the guy that has posted the most hate posts on the forum.

By the way, did you enjoy Panathinaikos winning the euroleague, again? Oh so sure you did... :D

rikhardur
07-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Guys back to topic :rolleyes:

ınvnceable
07-21-2009, 09:48 PM
can we watch the games on the ınternet?

JuJu
07-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Crazy situation in Group F. I simulated different outcomes but then you have to compare at least 3 or sometimes 4 teams...oh my god.

anyone ideas?

first: Lithuania is qualified
second: in my calculation serbia is out of the tournament. if they lose they are out, if they win they are out,too because they are the only team who won against lithuania and so they lose the direct comparison because all ohter teams won one game more?:confused:

edit:

correction, only chance is if turkey lose and serbia wins with 20 points or more.

zyy
07-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I think Lithuania, Croatia and Montenegro win today, which means Ukraine and Serbia do not qualify further.

Considering group E, I believe Russia goes to quarters, while Spain, France and Greece are already there.

can we watch the games on the ınternet?
I was about to ask the exact same thing. Can anyone answer?

pohani komarac
07-22-2009, 02:20 PM
I think Lithuania, Croatia and Montenegro win today, which means Ukraine and Serbia do not qualify further.

Considering group E, I believe Russia goes to quarters, while Spain, France and Greece are already there.

so far nothing

Straight forward
07-22-2009, 02:39 PM

Lithuania games will be available on Lietuvos Rytas TV (online also I think) since quaterfinals.

Lietuvis
07-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Lithuania games will be available on Lietuvos Rytas TV (online also I think) since quaterfinals.

Hmmm must be delayed telecast?

Mindozas
07-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Hmmm must be delayed telecast?

Quarterfinals will begin on Friday ;)

Picek
07-22-2009, 04:24 PM
who would have thought...
easy win against Turkey and they are in the quarters..
probably as second in this group and that means we will play against Greece since they will finish third in their group..
don't know how they did it but respect...

pablonis
07-22-2009, 05:15 PM
who would have thought...
easy win against Turkey and they are in the quarters..
probably as second in this group and that means we will play against Greece since they will finish third in their group..
don't know how they did it but respect...

That pretty much settles the group. Lithuania is rolling over Ukraine on the way to 1st place, and mostlikely scenario for 2nd, 3rd and 4th being Croatia, Montenegro and Turkey.

pohani komarac
07-22-2009, 08:04 PM
so if i'm corect we will play against greece.? :mad: it is never good thing to play against home team. i don't like our chances:mad:

Picek
07-22-2009, 08:11 PM
if I'm not wrong these are the quarterfinal matchups:
France - Turkey
Spain - Montenegro
Croatia - Greece
Lithuania - Italy

Mindozas
07-22-2009, 08:22 PM
if I'm not wrong these are the quarterfinal matchups:
France - Turkey
Spain - Montenegro
Croatia - Greece
Lithuania - Italy

Switch round Turkey with Montenegro and it will be correct

auris1
07-22-2009, 10:43 PM

Wasn’t a case with an under 19 world championships?

Lietuvis
07-23-2009, 05:21 AM
OK guys I dont understand why Latvia did not finish 4th in Grp A. I dont understand this dumbass system FIBA has. This is the way I see so please correct me where I am wrong:

Final standings:

Italy 1/4: 336/355: -19 difference
Latvia 1/4: 362/379: -17
Russia 1/4 : 330/367: -37

So at first glance in a 3 way tie I would say that team with smallest difference would go through this being Latvia. This represents how they also played against other teams, sounds fair?

Well maybe they the look at the records between all 3 teams then. So lets look at these:

Italy:Russia 67:59 8 point win
Latvia:Italy 81-77 4 point win
Russia:Latvia 68-62 6 point win

Well all tied up again with Italy having the biggest win and Russia second largest and Latvia 3rd. Maybe they dont count this last game as it was in 1st round but should they not?

Damn this is confusing :confused: and imo they should look at record against each other first (this case even) then look at overall points scored and against percentage for tournament as per points difference above therefore Latvia going through.

arturcia
07-23-2009, 05:51 AM
latvia +4 and -6 = -2
russia -8 and +6 = -2
italy +8 and -4 = +4

Picek
07-23-2009, 06:16 AM
Well maybe they the look at the records between all 3 teams then. So lets look at these:

Italy:Russia 67:59 8 point win
Latvia:Italy 81-77 4 point win
Russia:Latvia 68-62 6 point win

Well all tied up again with Italy having the biggest win and Russia second largest and Latvia 3rd. you have answered your question..

lafa
07-23-2009, 06:34 AM
I admin this is OT, but still...

Damn this is confusing :confused: and imo they should look at record against each other first (this case even) then look at overall points scored and against percentage for tournament as per points difference above therefore Latvia going through.

Dude,

These FIBA tiebreaker rules are not confusing and been around for ages. Since you are registered on interbasket for 4 years now (I checked your profile) I assume you probably are interested in basketball for at least the same amount of years... And you didn't know that... Hm... You must be a bigger football fan, because rules that you are trying to apply here come from there.

zyy
07-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Seems like Spain, France, Greece and Lithuania will be in semis. What happens next, however, is much harder to predict.

Lietuvis
07-23-2009, 01:40 PM
You must be a bigger football fan, because rules that you are trying to apply here come from there.

Well you are half right which is the rule I am applying is based on what other sports would do and I find using overall percentage a much cleaner way then comparing the records between the 3 teams when they are all tied against each other hence arturcia clearing this up with his sums nicely for me.

Levenspiel
07-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Seems like Spain, France, Greece and Lithuania will be in semis. What happens next, however, is much harder to predict.
I have to agree. For us it would not really make much difference between Spain, Greece or France, which look like on a similar level. So we need to pass Spain, which is not very likely, but this Turkish team was the European Champion at U16 level four years ago, let's see if anything from that spirit has left in them.

g.g
07-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Seems like Spain, France, Greece and Lithuania will be in semis. What happens next, however, is much harder to predict.Lithuania seem very strong, high scoring on every game, I think they have the best team there. If Greece wins over Croatia (it would be a very hard game as the Croats are going to fight to the last sec of the game) Greece would meet Spain in the semis, a street fight game! Those who watched their game in the group would understand what I mean...few times I thought that is not going to finish, such tension, almost hate between the players!

raph
07-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Even greek coach could not prevent from participating actively to that game :D

spain and france 1st qualified at least.

Very big game by vucecic for france vs montenegro. 20 pts (8/10 2pts - 1/5 3pts - 2 as - 13 boards). When he went to the bench during 3rd 1/4ter, the gap between the 2 teams rose again (it was down to -10 at that point)
Diot had a nice stat sheet as well : 12 pts (3/4 3 pts, 9 boards, 6 as, 4 stls, A blck, 2 to in 30')
Anyway, if france has to face lithuania (no offense italy, but that would be logical ^^), it might be a nightmare for our frontcourt. We are doing way too many faults (camara, seraphin, da silveira mostly) and i dont need to point out lithuania's front court.

the_black_planet
07-24-2009, 05:13 PM
I have a late question,why didn't Sepa play for the U20 Serbian NT?He is 19 but the talent level was not great so I think he should be in the roster.

Minotavros
07-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Papanikolaou is straight up gangsta!!!

the_black_planet
07-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Pap is MVP of the match.He totally erased Bogdanovic and was decicive in the crucial minutes.

Turkish Airlines Euroleague
07-24-2009, 05:55 PM
We're in the medal zone! :)

Papanikolaou, Sloukas, Bogris and Pappas were fantastic today.

pohani komarac
07-24-2009, 05:58 PM
congrats to greece...deserved

i'm not to unhapy with our performnce...not so good generetion, half team injured, terible coach who is forcing guys from his club (dubrovnik)...they surprised me positive

Mindozas
07-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Lithuania - Italy live here (http://www.lrytas.lt/videonews/live/)

Jan van Grabski
07-24-2009, 06:50 PM

nice, for the first time i am seeing a video rather than following boring stats. I dont know what is wrong with Motiejunas, but he is obviously dragging the whole team down. Either he is tired...or he is not motivated enough. sad....

Picek
07-24-2009, 07:43 PM
the future doesn't look so bright for Lithuanian backcourt..
so many turnovers and such poor ball handling abilities it really makes you wonder about what the hell are your coaches learning those kids..

AlbionGate
07-24-2009, 07:51 PM
so many turnovers and such poor ball handling abilities it really makes you wonder about what the hell are your coaches learning those kids..

Dovydas Redikas is the future and he is really bright. He is born in 1992. This summer he was in Lithuanian squad at the U19 worldbasket.

Picek
07-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Dovydas Redikas is the future and he is really bright. He is born in 1992. This summer he was in Lithuanian squad at the U19 worldbasket.well, there isn't anyone bright on this team..
two on two fast break with minute and half to go to seal the deal and they lose the ball..
italians score a three pointer after that..
and another one now to take the lead with 10 seconds to go..
talking about shooting yourself in the foot..
Italy with three wins on the whole tournament is in the semis :D:D:D:D

rikhardur
07-24-2009, 07:57 PM
True. It was an ugly game altogether. Congrats to Italy, they managed to turn the game in the final minutes.

pablonis
07-24-2009, 07:58 PM
This is fckin increadible... :D Such a team, had only to take the gold which was already on their table. That should be a good lesson for them at least.

Jan van Grabski
07-24-2009, 08:00 PM
This is the first time when i was laughing (like crazy) when lithuanian team lost in international competition. Very good lesson. They were boosting too much and here is the result. Congrats to Italians, well done.

auris1
07-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Speachless.

pablonis
07-24-2009, 08:04 PM

I would strongly disagree. They've played a crappy game to say the least, far from their capabilities. But talent wise this was the best team in the tournament that, mark my words, will be ripping everyone apart in 5-6 years.

raph
07-24-2009, 08:08 PM
group B was awesome obviously :D

Seriously, amazing how lithuanian kids lost that game.

pablonis
07-24-2009, 08:08 PM
This is the first time when i was laughing (like crazy) when lithuanian team lost in international competition.

That makes two of us. :D

Props up to Italians from me as well, they've clearly shown today why european basketball, when team play and desire with dedication prevails over individual talent, is so great.

Picek
07-24-2009, 08:14 PM
I would strongly disagree. They've played a crappy game to say the least, far from their capabilities. But talent wise this was the best team in the tournament that, mark my words, will be ripping everyone apart in 5-6 years.not a single chance with those guys taking care of ball..
not a single chance..
these are not kids anymore, and the way they blew a 14 point lead in the fourth quarter and then a 6 point lead in the last minute and a half it makes you wonder..
you don't do that if you are " the strongest" team on the tournament..
if they are they have a funny way of showing that..
and I think you are underestimating teams like France, Greece and Spain..
and underestimating them a lot..

btw. this is not the only game they played so crappy..

Jon_Koncak
07-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Italy with three wins on the whole tournament is in the semis :D:D:D:D

I prefered the older system where the two out of each group progressed to the semis.It had its drawbacks(see the infamous Lithuania-Serbia fix) but at least it was rewarding the teams that were playin well through out the tournament.I was hopin Fiba woud impose it to men's tournaments as well but it seems like they've abandoned it.

pablonis
07-24-2009, 08:22 PM
not a single chance with those guys taking care of ball..
not a single chance..
these are not kids anymore, and the way they blew a 14 point lead in the fourth quarter and then a 6 point lead in the last minute and a half it makes you wonder..

How many games of them together, or of players individually you've seen to make such assumptions?

Picek
07-24-2009, 08:23 PM
I prefered the older system where the two out of each group progressed to the semis.It had its drawbacks(see the infamous Lithuania-Serbia fix) but at least it was rewarding the teams that were playin well through out the tournament.I was hopin Fiba woud impose it to men's tournaments as well but it seems like they've abandoned it.to me this system is better..
if it would have been an old system you would now have Lithuania and Croatia in the semis instead of Greece and Italy just because their groups so far were with weaker opponents..

LuDux
07-24-2009, 08:25 PM
probably not fair to say it, but Look at the bright side: Motiejunas will have more time to practice how to shake Stern's hand

Picek
07-24-2009, 08:26 PM
How many games of them you've seen to make such assumptions?this one only..
and you have obviously watched too many..
just because they beat a Lith B senior team doesn't make them a good team..
how many games of other teams have you watched so you can singlehandedly call Lithuania as the strongest team here..
and write a bullhshit like this: "Such a team, had only to take the gold which was already on their table."

Jon_Koncak
07-24-2009, 08:35 PM
probably not fair to say it, but Look at the bright side: Motiejunas will have more time to practice how to shake Stern's hand

you mean how to shake the random bald guy's hand who takes over Stern once the first round is over..

Dreamcatcher
07-24-2009, 08:41 PM
I don't see nothing horrible in this situation. Lithuania won't win this tournament. So? They lost themselves, good lesson for young players. Importantly, that they will have enough time to play in their teams, some of them in Eurocup and even in Euroleague. Lithuania always has future due to the basketball traditions there.

Last year Lithuania won 2 silver medals and 1 gold in youth competitions. It was the best result. This year the results definitely won't be so amazing. So happens. There are 2 teams left to show something.

g.g
07-24-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't see nothing horrible in this situation. Lithuania won't win this tournament. So? They lost themselves, good lesson for young players. Importantly, that they will have enough time to play in their teams, some of them in Eurocup and even in Euroleague. Lithuania always has future due to the basketball traditions there.

Last year Lithuania won 2 silver medals and 1 gold in youth competitions. It was the best result. This year the results definitely won't be so amazing. So happens. There are 2 teams left to show something.The "horrible" is the WAY the lost, not that they lost.

g.g
07-24-2009, 09:01 PM
I personally thought that Lithuania was the best team in the tournament but I was mistaken, Lithuania's group was not as half strong as the other, making Lithuania and Croatia seem super because the strong competition was not there. Of course Lithuania is better than Italy, but in bb wins the best team of the night, or better, the best team of the last quarter....

Dreamcatcher
07-24-2009, 09:09 PM
The "horrible" is the WAY the lost, not that they lost.

Yes, they were leading 16 points and thought, that have this match in the pocket. What is more, they young and made some stupid mistakes. But such situations happens lots of time in basketball when experienced professionals play. I have just remembered Uleb Cub final Himki - Lietuvos Rytas. The same situation there. And two similar lithuanian teams. Psichology and coach influence a lot.

Dreamcatcher
07-24-2009, 09:15 PM
And one more thing. Last summer all lithuanian youth teams won medals. Since that the confidence has appeared that lithuanians will win their medals due to their nationality and basketball abilities. It's wrong. Everyone must proove their strenght on the court. I hope this match was a good lesson, and of course, there aren't any wins without looses.

Straight forward
07-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Picek, don't make full of your self while making conlutions from one game. Janavičius and Vasiliauskas are already good point guards and if you don't know shit about them please keep silent.

pohani komarac
07-25-2009, 02:31 AM
my short personal opinion...potential wise lithuania have bigest upside in turnament, but on the other hand I watched Moteijunas interwiev and body language, and some notes left me with impresion of guy that is full of himself, and a guy who wants to look mature man in interwiev...but that is just impresion

Picek
07-25-2009, 05:41 AM
Picek, don't make full of your self while making conlutions from one game. Janavičius and Vasiliauskas are already good point guards and if you don't know shit about them please keep silent.yup, Janavičius is a perfect PG..
couldn't take a ball over the half court line, made one turnover after another when italians would press him just a little bit, he simply collapsed and didn't know what to do..
fifth in tournament in turnovers..
perfect..:rolleyes:
don't know why you have a need to defend him since he is the first one to blame for yesterdays defeat..
nothing wrong in that..
and o.k., you should definitely know better then me so I won't continue with it..

zyy
07-25-2009, 06:50 AM
yup, Janavičius is a perfect PG..
couldn't take a ball over the half court line, made one turnover after another when italians would press him just a little bit, he simply collapsed and didn't know what to do..
don't know why you have a need to defend him since he is the first one to blame for yesterdays defeat..
nothing wrong in that..
and o.k., you should definitely know better then me so I won't continue with it..

He's 5th in turnovers, but he's also 5th in assists and 2nd in steals. Don't look from one side ;) Janavicius is a great prospect, but he needs to improve his shooting and ball handling with his right hand.

You probably saw one single game of him, if so, I would recommend you to have watched him playing against Panathinaikos in Euroleague in the beginning of the season or some games like that one.

Whats more, he's definetely not the first one to be blamed for defeat, the coach is. As for the players, Motiejunas, Vasiliauskas, Buterlevicius had far worse games than Janavicius.

Mindozas
07-25-2009, 07:58 AM
Talent-wise we had the team, which is probably biggest gold contender, but the way we're playin' put us to a place where we're now (5-8 places). It was horrible and not only 4th qtr. I was wondering why the hell we are so struggling all tournament long and of course looking only at stats you can't find out why, but when I saw the game yesterday it answered all such questions. I saw almost none combinations or smth, the game was based on some 1on1 tries, mostly unsuccesfull. Was it coaches tactics or just players didn't do what they were asked? 2-3min we're playin' good, then 5mins we're scoreless, so how you can expect a win with such display? Also I expected more balls to our big guys, but the ball was mostly running near 3pts line. If we're playin' like that all the games, then this loss is nothing unexpected.
Regarding Janavicius or Vasiliauskas, they are still growing as a players, but they has big potential, only needs to develop some things. Regarding yesterday's game, it was poor for both of them, far from their real capabilities. Janavicius seemed like couldn't handle the pressure a bit, after some unsuccesfull moments he kinda lost self-confidence.
However IMO with such display we get what we deserved and against France we'd have no chances what so ever

Toxicity
07-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Any chance to watch France-Italy on free sat (like ERT) or via streaming tonight? Thanks in advance.

auris1
07-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I have to go with Picek on this.
Regarding Motiejunas – I felt that he was excluded and wasn’t part of the team – and I can only speculate on this, hence -
He didn’t stay in the team for 2008-2009 LKL season (was it triobet or aisciai?) which was based on them players playing together for Sabonis basketball school and later on in NKL.
He was dispatched from U19 world championship in the last minute with Messiahs mission –to lead the team to medals to which some team mates might have had some objections (you have to earn your place in the team ,not to be handed on the silver plate, right?)
Plus his body language – head tucked into his shoulders and desperate moves was more suggestive of a frustrated young man not a upcoming star.
I do not doubt his talent it just that this situation did not helped neither him, nor the team.

CG
07-25-2009, 11:05 AM
France is the best team of the tournament and not the Lithuanian.They are the favorites even if the deal with Greeks in the final or Spanish.
i just cant see Italy winning France tonight.So for me they will go to the final for sure.On the other semi it is a classic european national basketball derby...even in younger ages (whoever saw what was happening in the game of the group knows what i mean..) if Greece qualify since they are a winning team it will be a great match to see.dont forget these Greeks were european champions last year and second world champions this year.They know how to play big games.If Spain qualify they wont be the favorite but ofcourse they have many chances.
looking forward for tonight matches

Billy Bounce
07-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Israel lost to Germany and re-delegated to Division B (for the first time in U20 history ) :(

No wonders here - we have no bigs, and our tradition of producing quality guards is non existent in this generation , hopefully our current U18 team with Tishman & Bouchman and will help push us back into Division A :rolleyes:

Straight forward
07-25-2009, 02:16 PM
yup, Janavičius is a perfect PG..
nothing wrong in that..

You are one of these guys who likes to talk but not to listen, right? No one said Janavičius is perfect, but even in that game he wasn't the worst player in the game. You shouldn't depreciate him because of one game. You will change your opinion in the future I'm sure :)

He's 5th in turnovers, but he's also 5th in assists and 2nd in steals. Don't look from one side ;) Janavicius is a great prospect, but he needs to improve his shooting and ball handling with his right hand.

You probably saw one single game of him, if so, I would recommend you to have watched him playing against Panathinaikos in Euroleague in the beginning of the season or some games like that one.

Exactly. More over he grabs 5 rebounds per game. He's fast as hell (maybe the fastest player in the tournament?) and athletic, has a very nice sharp passing abilities. His problems is shooting and ball handling with the right hand as you said, but he is improving. Anyway, Janavičius is the last guy to criticize in this tournament. Vasiliauskas and Motiejūnas are biggest upsets on this tounament, I hope they will lear this lesson.

I have to agree with Mindozas. The coach was gone somewhere. No timeouts, no game plan, even the last attack wasn't prepared. Juškevičius didn't expect the ball. I didn't see any combination as well. Well, the tournament wasn't so bad anyway, Lithuania fucked up at the end, but still they are only future players. No tragedy here.

g.g
07-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Israel lost to Germany and re-delegated to Division B (for the first time in U20 history ) :(

No wonders here - we have no bigs, and our tradition of producing quality guards is non existent in this generation , hopefully our current U18 team with Tishman & Bouchman and will help push us back into Division A :rolleyes:I am sure that Israel would be back in A Div in no time as they always have bb tradition.

g.g
07-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Any chance to watch France-Italy on free sat (like ERT) or via streaming tonight? Thanks in advance.I am sure that ERT Sat would have the game live

Toxicity
07-25-2009, 03:10 PM
I am sure that ERT Sat would have the game live

I think they will broadcast Greece-Spain but not France-Italy according to their site... while tomorrow they'll show both bronze and gold medal games.

LuDux
07-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Thank god, Lipkevicius is injured

ip84
07-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Will the semifinals be broadcast? If yes, please put a link.

Thanks.

07-25-2009, 06:03 PM
We're in the final!!! Once again Sloukas was very impressive, along with Papanikolaou and Giannopoulos. Congrats to everyone!!! :)

KWSN-Men
07-25-2009, 06:08 PM
We're in the final!!! Once again Sloukas was very impressive, along with Papanikolaou and Giannopoulos. Congrats to everyone!!! :)

LOL, I wouldn't expect something better... :rolleyes::D

07-25-2009, 06:09 PM
LOL, I wouldn't expect something better... :rolleyes::D

Me too, don't worry. I guess for you, Sloukas and Giannopoulos don't even exist.... :rolleyes:

Watched the game btw ? What's ur opinion ? Who was the key factor for the comeback fe ?

JohnnieWalker
07-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Great game, it is true Sloukas hit a decisive three pointer and Giannopoulos another 2 three's before that...

Now we'll see what happens in the final :D

g.g
07-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Me too, don't worry. I guess for you, Sloukas and Giannopoulos don't even exist.... :rolleyes:

Watched the game btw ? What's ur opinion ? Who was the key factor for the comeback fe ?Gianopoulos, Sarikopoulos, Bogris

Jon_Koncak
07-25-2009, 07:07 PM
kudos to Italy and their fighting spirit but man they are annoying,France is doing everythin right so far,plays much better and is ahead only by six cause Italians are hittin the most crazy 3 pointers.Feels like athens semis.I can't wait for the new 3 point line to finally arrive.:rolleyes:

Toxicity
07-25-2009, 07:22 PM
kudos to Italy and their fighting spirit but man they are annoying,France is doing everythin right so far,plays much better and is ahead only by six cause Italians are hittin the most crazy 3 pointers.Feels like athens semis.I can't wait for the new 3 point line to finally arrive.:rolleyes:

You know, we have 6-7, 6-8 forwards forced to play inside... and, honestly, this roster doesn't seem the best possible to me talent wise... if only we had Renzi...

ip84
07-25-2009, 07:32 PM
http://www.sport-scene.net/details.php?id=35508

Somebody is very quick.

g.g
07-25-2009, 07:51 PM
I thought the Spanish today were simply not good. Inside the paint they were very poor and tried to win the whole game on 3 points and hard defence. The quality was there, so much been BAD coaching and approach to the game.

KWSN-Men
07-25-2009, 07:55 PM

Watched the game btw ? What's ur opinion ? Who was the key factor for the comeback fe ?

Sloukas was the reason we were trailing in the first half, he was terrible.

Giannopoulos yes, he was desicive for the win.

BTW, I thought I was in your ignore list... :rolleyes:

raph
07-25-2009, 08:05 PM
You know, we have 6-7, 6-8 forwards forced to play inside... and, honestly, this roster doesn't seem the best possible to me talent wise... if only we had Renzi...

Yup, i think france is prolly one of the worst match up for italy in this tournament. I honnestly think we could not have beaten lithuania (or at least it would have been really tough). Our players inside are not that gifted with talent but they are solid and tough (which is annoying on the other hand as they make way too many fouls and we give up lots of free throws early every quarter)

Anyway, that's of course a great satisfaction for me, i just hope that diot will be able to reproduce a full stat sheet in the finale. Anyway, even if diot or heurtel are well scouted and blocked, we still have solutions to offer from ona embo, sambé or even jackson (if he's not dumb enough to fall into a jump shot contest).
Amazing to see our team reach the finale without any real forward still...

Lots of pressure on greece, close to zero for our players. I just hope that will boost them even more.

ınvnceable
07-25-2009, 09:07 PM
does anybody know any link for turkey-lithuania match?

07-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Sloukas was the reason we were trailing in the first half, he was terrible.

Giannopoulos yes, he was desicive for the win.

BTW, I thought I was in your ignore list... :rolleyes:

No, I asked you to add me in YOUR ignore list. I don't have problem with you or your posts, you have...

Anyway...

auris1
07-25-2009, 10:43 PM
No, I asked you to add me in YOUR ignore list. I don't have problem with you or your posts, you have...

Anyway...
I know how you feel. There are some posters in Lithuanian part of the forum I would like to punch. Really hard. They are complete idiots and constantly posting nonsense. But I guess they feel the same way about me .
Anyway...
After being totally disappointed and frustrated with LTU due to the loss to Italians, for myself i concluded (after generous amount of drinks) – I would rather take future talent of ltu team and a lost game instead of the win of Italians , where they just got lucky with not much to look for in the future .

g.g
07-26-2009, 12:13 AM
I know how you feel. There are some posters in Lithuanian part of the forum I would like to punch. Really hard. They are complete idiots and constantly posting nonsense. But I guess they feel the same way about me .
Anyway...
After being totally disappointed and frustrated with LTU due to the loss to Italians, for myself i concluded (after generous amount of drinks) – I would rather take future talent of ltu team and a lost game instead of the win of Italians , where they just got lucky with not much to look for in the future .
Sometimes a loss is better than a win but in this case it was not. :D

the_black_planet
07-26-2009, 02:35 AM
My friend Ralph,I only watched France in the game against Greece but I had a very good impression for Seraphin and Raposo,they both had great athletic ability but also looked quite skilled and effective in the paint!To me in this match they looked maybe not like NBA talents but probably to have the tools to develop to high quality Euroleague players.Was it only a game??

raph
07-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Well, raposo & seraphin are mostly known here for their atleticism and second chance scoring, even if i exagerate a bit. They don't control the ball that well so they can't really drive to the basket, and i don't think any of them has a really back to the basket game.
But they are tough (and they struggle to manage the foul trouble), maybe that's the difference. Both are among the best prospects for our frontcourt though, it's just that we had moerman/tillie/vaty not so long ago and they don't really match them.

Seraphin was at hoop summit this year, so he's one of our best hopes for now, but he really has to develop his scoring tools & basket IQ i think.

Worst for this NT is still at sf anyway as we have to play mostly with three guards.

ınvnceable
07-26-2009, 05:31 PM
any link for final?

Picek
07-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Greece shooting the lights out of frenchies..
they are french fried so far with greece shooting 10/20 for three and 7/12 for two in the first half..
this result (-6) is even good for France.. if it was any other team it would have been an easy double digit lead for Greece..

Levenspiel
07-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Looks like Jackson is having another big game against Greece (27 pts so far, hitting everything). He was decisive in the first one too. Close game. Too bad we cannot watch the final.

CG
07-26-2009, 07:12 PM
amazing final.Jackson is a hell of a player.He plays alone (almost) Greece.The score goes to one or the other side with many big leads dissapearing in a minute

EDIT what a game..

Minotavros
07-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Jackson kept France in the game. But it's all over now.

Jackson is a hell of a player, can bomb from anywhere

zyy
07-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Congrats Greece, I thought Spain or France are better, but you proved me wrong

raph
07-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Man, diot did play as well, it was not just jackson jump shooting.

Anyway deserved win for greece, our bench sucked for the 1st time of the tournament when it was really something to avoid. Plus we completly forgot to play in the 4th 1/4ter, insisting in puting the ball inside and forcing shots over shots.

I think it was an awesome finale though, the ones who wanted it the most got it. Congrats.

It's already amazing to be silver medallist even if lots of stars of that generation were missing (macvan etc.)

CG
07-26-2009, 08:11 PM
congratulations to the top4 teams.
it will be suicide if some of these greek talents will be lost.

07-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Congrats to everyone!!! BRAVO MAGES!!! :)

g.g
07-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Well done to all teams.
Well done to Italy reaching the semis.
Well done to Spain getting the bronze (a bit less "acting" and more playing bb may have given them more)
Well done to France, some amazing players. I can see France with Croatia the next 4-5 years being top teams in Europe.
Well done to the Greek team....they managed within few weeks to get the silver in the world U19, and the gold in Europe U20 against amazing opposition. They are the best team, playing their best game today on the final by having 7 players with double digits!

g.g
07-26-2009, 11:20 PM
France guard Edwin Jackson poured in a game-high 32 points and recognized that the better team won Sunday night.

"Even though we don't have the gold medal around our necks we can leave Greece proud. We made history tonight," said Jackson, who won France's first ever silver medal.

"We did everything we could and played really hard. I don't think we could have done much else to win. We got beat by the better team. And if you get beat by a better team than you have to accept it."

the_black_planet
07-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Diot is really 1,92 m?He looks to me at least 1,95 probably even more.The new Rigaudeau is here!He can easily play now in any team in Europe!

Levenspiel
07-27-2009, 06:59 AM
Congrats to the Greece team. I couldn't see the games but it would be exciting to see them taking action in the future. Looks like another great generation.

FINAL STANDINGS

http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7BF8D433B4-5D84-4A7C-BE6F-435438216F04%7Dflag_small.gif 1. Greece
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B78A9CD32-600A-4147-A1F0-CCC1C0518C7A%7Dflag_small.gif 2. France
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B309620C4-BB3C-495E-A818-F07477A225ED%7Dflag_small.gif 3. Spain
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B986912CD-C24E-4122-B135-2EAE9165D345%7Dflag_small.gif 4. Italy
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B5DD8F93F-39C8-4F01-8843-CC13A9D4CD85%7Dflag_small.gif 5. Lithuania
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B11EB4FAE-82D1-4C93-9B9E-E364F26CAFB1%7Dflag_small.gif 6. Turkey
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B65B183D3-C32B-49F2-B538-0C91946BEFE8%7Dflag_small.gif 7. Montenegro
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B354CBDB4-9F04-4423-85BB-9D4F451EDB48%7Dflag_small.gif 8. Croatia
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B634CB70D-EF51-4787-96B0-43B50751EEC0%7Dflag_small.gif 9. Russia
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7BA655227A-AA83-4821-91BA-CECF485684BF%7Dflag_small.gif 10. Latvia
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B337A8994-FBC0-495D-8E05-6D5B89AAABE3%7Dflag_small.gif 11. Serbia
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B633507E9-A90A-411F-8876-7B4F90A9D491%7Dflag_small.gif 12. Ukraine
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B7622C15B-A606-42F9-AE4C-D63CBA02F047%7Dflag_small.gif 13. Slovenia
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7BAFFC54F8-1CF5-4B0A-BD80-769D92D6FB31%7Dflag_small.gif 14. Germany
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7BE29CD030-1B19-4A7D-8386-663ED315948B%7Dflag_small.gif 15. Israel
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B618E2C74-BF10-4652-B044-5C7919B7DEB5%7Dflag_small.gif 16. Belgium

GEORGE_4
07-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Guys, does anybody knows, how does U20 All star team (division B) looks like? Right now I know two/three names only - Hieronymus Van Der List, Rasid Mahalbasic and (probably) David Jelinek...

Help me, please ;)

T.W.Is.M.
07-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Congrats to the Greece team. I couldn't see the games but it would be exciting to see them taking action in the future. Looks like another great generation.

FINAL STANDINGS

http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7BF8D433B4-5D84-4A7C-BE6F-435438216F04%7Dflag_small.gif 1. Greece
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B78A9CD32-600A-4147-A1F0-CCC1C0518C7A%7Dflag_small.gif 2. France
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B309620C4-BB3C-495E-A818-F07477A225ED%7Dflag_small.gif 3. Spain
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B986912CD-C24E-4122-B135-2EAE9165D345%7Dflag_small.gif 4. Italy
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B5DD8F93F-39C8-4F01-8843-CC13A9D4CD85%7Dflag_small.gif 5. Lithuania
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B11EB4FAE-82D1-4C93-9B9E-E364F26CAFB1%7Dflag_small.gif 6. Turkey
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B65B183D3-C32B-49F2-B538-0C91946BEFE8%7Dflag_small.gif 7. Montenegro
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B354CBDB4-9F04-4423-85BB-9D4F451EDB48%7Dflag_small.gif 8. Croatia
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B634CB70D-EF51-4787-96B0-43B50751EEC0%7Dflag_small.gif 9. Russia
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7BA655227A-AA83-4821-91BA-CECF485684BF%7Dflag_small.gif 10. Latvia
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B337A8994-FBC0-495D-8E05-6D5B89AAABE3%7Dflag_small.gif 11. Serbia
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B633507E9-A90A-411F-8876-7B4F90A9D491%7Dflag_small.gif 12. Ukraine
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B7622C15B-A606-42F9-AE4C-D63CBA02F047%7Dflag_small.gif 13. Slovenia
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7BAFFC54F8-1CF5-4B0A-BD80-769D92D6FB31%7Dflag_small.gif 14. Germany
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7BE29CD030-1B19-4A7D-8386-663ED315948B%7Dflag_small.gif 15. Israel
http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/en/files/%7B618E2C74-BF10-4652-B044-5C7919B7DEB5%7Dflag_small.gif 16. Belgium

Ι can tell u about the greek team, although I was impressed by a couple of players from Spain and France: Jackson and the Spanish PF with #15(Aguilar?).
Greece has a very good generation of players born in 1989-1990. Especially the ones of 1990 r very talented. Sloukas, Pappas and Papanikolaou have the potential 2 have a very good career in the future. Also Bogris and Giannopoulos(both born in 1989) also have potential, but being one year older they need 2 work harder. Their main disadvantage is that they don't find playing time in their teams. Sloukas and Giannopoulos play 4 Olympiacos, Bogris was just acquired from Panathinaikos, Papanikolaou plays 4 Aris and Pappas 4 Bilbao. It's difficult 4 them 2 c much time in court in these teams(hopefully Papanikolaou will have a role in Aris this season), so going on loan is maybe the best solution 4 most of them(maybe Sloukas will play a little too this season, but again no-one can b sure about Olympiacos).
What is strange with Greece in the last 15 years is that we produce very good and talented players every 4-5 years and not 1-2 players each year. Before this generation there was the one of 1984-1985 with Schortsanitis, Vasilopoulos, Vasileiadis, Perperoglou. Right before them there was the one of 1980-1981 with Fotsis, Lazaros Papadopoulos and Diamantopoulos and before that the one of 1976-1977 with Rentzias, Papanikolaou, Kakiouzis, Karagoutis. In the meantime there were few talented juniors in Greece(I can only recall Spanoulis and Zisis, born in 1982 and 1983 respectively) that showed their talents from a young age. Others evolved while being older(e.g. Papaloukas, Diamantidis, Dikoudis, Tsartsaris, Printezis).
I wonder if these periodic outbursts of talent happen in other countries too.

Big Lebowski
07-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Last year, Greece won the U18 EuroBasket and Jankovic started the championship as a serious candidate to win the MVP award. And then got injured, leaving the team and the tournament after two or three games.
This year, he played with the U19 NT the World Championship, and he got "only" a silver medal.
Then, he finally won a gold medal, having an important role and playing his best game in the final (he had 4 four consecutive points in the 3rd quarter, 2/2 free throws and a lay up after an offensive rebound).

Probably, it's destiny. The U20 EuroBasket has been played in Rhodes.
And Rhodes was the destination of the last trip of his father, who never reached the island because he died during this travel.
Boban Jankovic could be proud of his son. That's a sad but beautiful story.

the_black_planet
07-28-2009, 08:08 AM
I didn't know about that Dude:D,it's really strange,looks like there is an illogical logic and justice in the universe.I feel also nice about Vlado he looks like being a very nice kid thanks to his dad and unfortunately very matured because of his experiences.BTW I believe that along with Kostas Papanikolaou,Vlado has the most "infinitive" potential in this team.Generaly in the tournament he found it hard to play against one year older oponents because at the moment he lacks some strength.But he is a great technically sound player and he prooves that everyday he becomes better and adds something new to his game,he used to be a pure shooter but now he is effective in many different things in the game,he is a true all-around forward,I'd really wanted to have him in my team,Aris but I also like to see him in his dad's team,Panionios!

KWSN-Men
07-28-2009, 01:41 PM
This comes from a PAO fan and I happen to agree with it so I post it here, concerning Greek players and their development. This is a Babelfish translation, I'm bored to do one myself, sorry. :D

Ask if you don't understand something so I can clarify. I think Babelfish' English is better than some Interbasket members'... :D:eek::eek:

But is henceforth created a precedent that is worrying and shows weakness in the way that is developed the new players. You have tall children that while they have the all qualifications play in the 3 and they make carrier have intense and years weakness in to put the ball in the parquet. Examples? [Fotsis], [Albertis], [Papanikolaoy] (no so much), [Vasilopoylos] more recently and specifically [Albertis] him have said and the himself that it did not work in this sector, irrelevantly if it has worked a lot like a player. Find me Greek player in the 3 that could find balance in the shot afterwards from trible, and more trible under pressure. No. What other with is pressed little in trible him they no only stop immediately and they search all. This in him will learn Obradovic in your 20s. This him it learns the child from small, other when him you take from the 5 and him you crash in the systems and in the defences it can they overcome in 18 them chaotic [mpasket] that play French even Spanish other technical, individual are behind. And some moment the other will go to good coach and will suit his talent with regular… And bye bye [Kaselaki]. See that it changed the game of [Diamantidi] from then that took him [Zots] and [Itoydis]. See how much movements has put in one against. His shot that changed him. Imagine it worked him his coach from 12 thus, no from his 23 that came in us. [Mpasket] us it has it goes to the force and to the tactic. Imagination zero.

Srle
07-30-2009, 01:13 AM
Greece is lucky Macvan didn't play:D Congratulation seriously:cool:

KWSN-Men
07-30-2009, 01:36 PM

Other countries are lucky Koufos and Calathes didn't play ;)

JohnnieWalker
07-30-2009, 06:13 PM
All the other countries are lucky we played with 7 kids 19 years old...

wardjdim
08-01-2009, 04:04 PM
I won't write much

Just a sad note on this extremely talented Lithuanian generation :D

How is it possible to only win (and not easily) one Euroleague Junior tournament in four years of constantly playing together, I am never going to understand. I mean, the French generation are losers, but at least they have won a couple of big games. Theoretically, this U-20 competition was so easy (talent-wise) for them and yet the Liths again managed to not only exit in the first knock out game, but do it in a way to convince the world that they are the biggest losers among the talented 1989-1990 born players. All this with the same core (more than the Greeks, more than the French) and a few guys with Euroleague experience. I am asking "why", but I think that I already know the answer.

"No character"