Olympic twist to World T20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic twist to World T20

There’s an Olympic angle to the Twenty20 World Cup currently on in England, and it comes from New Zealand women’s team. The 22-year old Suzie Bates, who went to the 2008 Beijing Games with New Zealand’s basketball squad, hammered 60 off 39 balls, including 11 fours out of a total of 158/6 at Taunton to power her side towards the semifinals with a 52-run win over the West Indies.

New Zealand, who crushed highly-fancied Australia by nine wickets in their Group A opener, lost their rhythm after Suzie’s explosive start before fellow opener Lucy Doolan hit 41 and later took 3/16 with her off spin to settle the issue.

Inspired to take up the game after playing with her brothers, who played age group representative cricket for Otago, Suzie holds the distinction of making the highest score by a New Zealander in an ODI when she smashed 168 against Pakistan during the World Cup earlier this year. She has also scored a century against India.

The whole life is summarized in two things;

Hankering for what we don't have
    and
    Lamenting for we have lost

-Srila Prabhupada

www.indiabasket.net: India's top basketball site

Olympic always excites all the country who are qualified to join and show in the world what they've got on specific sports.
    Learn how to increase vertical jump
    Vertical Program
    Jump higher basketball

Comment

I was registered at your forum. I have printed the test message. Do not delete, please.
      Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the warm/scary welcome,I'm really looking forward to talk about anything and everything horror related.
      Calcul pret immobilier simulation en ligne | Taux simulation rachat de pret immobilier lcl | Pret immobilier simulation gratuit caisse d'epargne

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information