• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Iranian Elections

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    this is confirmed by ISNA, but it is still a tryout

he even may play in Universiade.

anyway, he chose the worst possible day to come to Iran !

God Bless Our Country
    iran will recover... dont worry... iran just need an iron hand... i am wondering if the US have some involvement about this trouble in iran...

Originally posted by jesronne View Post
    iran will recover... dont worry... iran just need an iron hand... i am wondering if the US have some involvement about this trouble in iran...
    what are you talk about ? Recover from What ? which Iran need an iron hand ? government or the people ?

people are very angry because of voterigging, they cannot accept a monkey, a liar as a president for another 4 years

and I am one of these people

Comment

what are you talk about ? Recover from What ? which Iran need an iron hand ? government or the people ?

people are very angry because of voterigging, they cannot accept a monkey, a liar as a president for another 4 years

and I am one of these people
      i was rooting for mousawi but i really feel there was some cheating in theses elections..unfortunately Najad won..anyway i hope the best for Iran

Comment

Originally posted by zouz View Post
        i was rooting for mousawi but i really feel there was some cheating in theses elections..unfortunately Najad won..anyway i hope the best for Iran
        Duh@! always we are people in this area of this wide world when our man looses we say cheating !!! what the hell is that ......
        The best won and that's it , cheating by 63% win !? hehe
        well it's not the right site to discuss such things
        pLAY yOUR gAME , dON'T b aSHAMED

Comment

Originally posted by SOLO View Post
          Duh@! always we are people in this area of this wide world when our man looses we say cheating !!! what the hell is that ......
          that was not just cheating, that was jugglery. there is some clear evidence, I don't write them because this is not a right site as you said.

Mousavi won the true election by a wide margin. but Mahmoud the monkey stole the votes and wrote what they want as the official results.

Comment

that was not just cheating, that was jugglery. there is some clear evidence, I don't write them because this is not a right site as you said.

Mousavi won the true election by a wide margin. but Mahmoud the monkey stole the votes and wrote what they want as the official results.
            I agree 100% Mousawi must have been elected, it is clear there was cheating.
            I am sure that the majority of Iranian people is moderate, not extremist like Ahmadenijad...
            I hope the truth will be revealed some day..good luck
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGm8yh7amQI

Comment

Originally posted by SOLO View Post
              ur funny really...when bachar l2asad gets 95% of the votes or when husny moubarak gets elected again by same percentage do u think that this is really the choice of the people..GET REAL..in middle east all sort of elections are fake..the word election is just a propaganda to show the world that there is democracy but unfortunately there isn't..DUH

Comment

Iran supreme leader orders probe of election fraud

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran's supreme leader ordered Monday an investigation into allegations of election fraud, marking a stunning turnaround by the country's most powerful figure and offering hope to opposition forces who have waged street clashes to protest the re-election of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

State television quoted Ayatollah Ali Khamenei directing a high-level clerical panel, the Guardian Council, to look into charges by pro-reform candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi, who has said he is the rightful winner of Friday's presidential election.

The decision comes after Mousavi wrote a letter appealing to the Guardian Council and met Sunday with Khamenei, who holds almost limitless power over Iranian affairs. Such an election probe by the 12-member council is uncharted territory and it not immediately clear how it would proceed or how long it would take.

Election results must be authorized by the council, composed of clerics closely allied with the unelected supreme leader. All three of Ahmadinejad's challengers in the election — Mousavi and two others — have made public allegations of fraud after results showed the president winning by a 2-to-1 margin.

"Issues must be pursued through a legal channel," state TV quoted Khamenei as saying. The supreme leader said he has "insisted that the Guardian Council carefully probe this letter."

The day after the election, Khamenei urged the nation to unite behind Ahmadinejad and called the result a "divine assessment."

The results touched off three days of clashes — the worst unrest in Tehran in a decade. Protesters set fires and battled anti-riot police, including a clash overnight at Tehran University after 3,000 students gathered to oppose the election results.

One of Mousavi's Web sites said a student protester was killed early Monday during clashes with plainclothes hard-liners in Shiraz, southern Iran. But there was no independent confirmation of the report. There also have been unconfirmed reports of unrest breaking out in other cities across Iran.

Security forces also have struck back with targeted arrests of pro-reform activists and blocks on text messaging and pro-Mousavi Web sites used to rally his supporters.

A top Mousavi aide, Ali Reza Adeli, told The Associated Press that a rally planned for later Monday was delayed. Iran's Interior Ministry rejected a request from Mousavi to hold the rally and warned any defiance would be "illegal," state radio said.

But one of Mousavi's Web sites still accessible in Iran said Mousavi and another candidate, Mahdi Karroubi, planned to walk through Tehran streets to appeal for calm. A third candidate, the conservative Mohsen Rezaei, has also alleged irregularities in the voting.

State TV quoted Khamenei urging Mousavi to try to keep the violence from escalating and saying "it is necessary that activities are done with dignity."

Mousavi, who served as prime minister during the 1980s, has also threatened to hold a sit-in protest at the mausoleum of the late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, founder of the 1979 Islamic Revolution. Such an act would place authorities in a difficult spot: embarrassed by a demonstration at the sprawling shrine south of Tehran, but possibly unwilling to risk clashes at the hallowed site.

Overnight, police and hard-line militia stormed the campus at the city's biggest university, ransacking dormitories and arresting dozens of students angry over what they say was mass election fraud.

The nighttime gathering of about 3,000 students at dormitories of Tehran University started with students chanting "Death to the dictator." But it quickly erupted into clashes as students threw rocks and Molotov cocktails at police, who fought back with tear gas and plastic bullets, a 25-year-old student who witnessed the fighting told The Associated Press. He would only give one name, Akbar, out of fears for his safety.

The students set a truck and other vehicles on fire and hurled stones and bricks at the police, he said. Hard-line militia volunteers loyal to the Revolutionary Guard stormed the dormitories, ransacking student rooms and smashing computers and furniture with axes and wooden sticks, Akbar said.

Before leaving around 4 a.m., the police took away memory cards and computer software material, Akbar said, adding that dozens of students were arrested.

He said many students suffered bruises, cuts and broken bones in the scuffling and that there was still smoldering garbage on the campus by midmorning but that the situation had calmed down.

"Many students are now leaving to go home to their families, they are scared," he said. "But others are staying. The police and militia say they will be back and arrest any students they see."

"I want to stay because they beat us and we won't retreat," he added.

Tehran University was the site of serious clashes against student-led protests in 1999 and is one of the nerve centers of the pro-reform movement.

After dark Sunday, Ahmadinejad opponents shouted their opposition from Tehran's rooftops. Cries of "Death to the dictator!" and "Allahu Akbar!" — God is great — echoed across the capital. The protest bore deep historic resonance — it was how the leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini asked the country to unite against the Western-backed shah 30 years earlier.

Amnesty International criticized Iran Sunday for blocking media and Internet sites. It said on Saturday, access to social networking sites was blocked, as was access to a range of online news services. Many of these outlets carried reports which raised concerns that the conduct of the election was flawed and results had been rigged, Amnesty said.

"Instead of instituting an information clampdown, including by blocking video sharing social networking sites like YouTube and Facebook; along with a handful of online news sites, the authorities should openly address the concerns and criticisms clearly expressed by so many," said Hassiba Hadj Sahraoui, the deputy director of Amnesty's Middle East and North Africa Program.

Amnesty called on Iranian authorities to ensure that newspapers linked to other presidential candidates are permitted to carry the statements of those candidates.

In Moscow, the Iranian Embassy said Ahmadinejad has put off a visit to Russia, and it is unclear whether he will come at all. Ahmadinejad had been expected to travel to the Russian city of Yekaterinburg and meet on Monday with President Dmitry Medvedev on the sidelines of a regional summit.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ml_iran_election

Comment

i watched some videos where military is shooting people. this is very disturbing. brothers raising guns against brothers. I do not know much about internal affairs in iran, but clearly there is something deeply wrong. My sympathy goes out to iranian people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan van Grabski View Post
                    i watched some videos where military is shooting people. this is very disturbing. brothers raising guns against brothers. I do not know much about internal affairs in iran, but clearly there is something deeply wrong. My sympathy goes out to iranian people.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=26415347001
                    that was a peaceful rally , but at the end When most of the crowd left, Basiji bastards killed 7 innocents RIP

now the situation is going out of control !

Comment

that was a peaceful rally , but at the end When most of the crowd left, Basiji bastards killed 7 innocents RIP

now the situation is going out of control !

Unbelievable...........

Comment

Mohensa, I hope you're safe, man. I hope all of you Iranians are safe.

This is an awful situation. I have seen no evidence of vote-rigging, but for some reason, it seems obvious that there was "jugglery," as Mohensa said. The situation is terrible.

What is worse is that the police probably don't understand what is going on, or that the police can't do anything about it. They're told to "go to work" and that's what they do.
                        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                          What is worse is that the police probably don't understand what is going on, or that the police can't do anything about it. They're told to "go to work" and that's what they do.
                          The police is not the problem, they are unarmed. the problem is Basij and Hezbollah ! they are truly wild , some of them are not even Iranian !

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                          This is an awful situation. I have seen no evidence of vote-rigging, but for some reason, it seems obvious that there was "jugglery," as Mohensa said. The situation is terrible.
                          a very easy evidence !

according to this screenshot :

@9:47am

Total votes 30,506,422
                          AN: 19,761,433 / 64.78%
                          Mousavi: 9,841,056 / 32.26%
                          Rezaei: 633,048 / 2.08%
                          Karroubi: 270,885 / 0.89%

@1:53pm

Total votes: 34,377,493
                          AN: 21,781,391 / 63.36%
                          Mousavi: 11,709,391 / 34.06%
                          Rezaei: 587,913 / 1.71%
                          Karroubi: 298,798 / 0.87%

this screenshot showing Mohsen Rezaei having 633,048 votes at 09:47 and 587,913 votes at 13:53 !!!!!!!!! a decrease of 45,135 votes over a four-hour period !!!!!
                          Last edited by mohsena2631; 06-17-2009, 04:02 PM.

Comment

"Iran’s opposition leader calls for mass protests

Mousavi urges followers to wear black in mourning; military warns bloggers"

I really hope not but it looks like things r going to get worse in Iran

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information