• Show
Clear All

• Miguel Cotto vs. Joshua Clottey for the WBO Welterweight title - 06/13/2009

Miguel Cotto

33 wins, 1 loss ( 27 KO's)

Joshua Clottey

35 wins, 2 losses. (20 KO's)

For the WBO World Welterweight Championship

I think Cotto will beat Clottey. Cotto is an explosive boxer, and he needs this win if he wants to face Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather next year.

Cotto by Split Decision.

Clottey is a monsterrr!!!!
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

I am rooting for Cotto, but this is a very tough fight for cotto.
      Cotto's stamina is gonna is gonna be tested like in the fight against Margacheato, except this time he is not going to be hit with concrete.

I hope Cotto can pull the victory, but i have not made my mind up yet.

I want to see the weigh in, he looked very lean in the workouts wondering how he's demeanor there.

Comment

We couldn't yet say who will win this mega fight on Saturday. The only sure thing that this fight will lead to something big latter on.
        It's a must see fight of the year.
        Watch PVL games online live | UAAP Live Updates

Comment

Cotto defeats Clottey on points

Cotto survived a cut in the third to retain his title in New York

Miguel Cotto defended his WBO welterweight title with a split points victory over Joshua Clottey.

The Puerto Rican 28-year-old overcame a cut from an accidental headbutt in the third round to defeat Ghanaian Clottey 116-111, 115-112, 113-114.

Cotto had Clottey down in the first with a neat left hook before a clash of heads in the third left the champion with a nasty cut along his left brow.

But despite blood pouring down his face Cotto held on to retain his title.

Clottey was also down in the fifth after an accidental slip and the former IBF champion appeared to hurt his knee in the fall.

606: DEBATE
          Cotto, despite winning a close decision, didn't seem the unbeatable beast that we saw before

dcfc1luv

Cotto saw that as his opportunity to take control of the fight and had Clottey up against the ropes in the sixth.

But the 32-year-old held on and rallied to dominate the next three rounds.

Cotto reasserted his control in the final three rounds, catching the eye of the judges with quick flurries and did enough to shade the fight at New York's Madison Square Garden.

"I just tried to keep my plan and forget about the cut," said Cotto, who now holds a record of 34 wins and one defeat with 27 knockouts.

"I just tried to forget about the blood running into my eye and make my people proud."

Clottey who moves onto a record of 35 wins, three defeats with 20 knockouts, complained bitterly about the result.

"I fought my heart out," he said.

"I'm chasing the guy. He's running. I'm blocking the punches. So I don't know what I have to do to win the fight."

On the undercard, Ivan Calderon retained his world junior flyweight title after an accidental headbutt forced a stop to his fight against Rodel Mayol and the judges declared it a draw.
          BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I thought Josh won this fight because he dominated Miguel Cotto in the later rounds.

It's a nice win for Miguel Cotto because he fought like a True Warrior despite having a nasty cut in the 3rd Round.

All I want to see is a rematch of this fight this year.

Comment

Cotto was blood bath by his cut. What will be the next to Cotto?
            Watch PVL games online live | UAAP Live Updates

Comment

Originally posted by reinvaldez View Post
              Cotto was blood bath by his cut. What will be the next to Cotto?
              PACMAN
              Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
              16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
              Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
              8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

"fixed"

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information