Mashhoon: Iran will defeat China even with Yao Ming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mashhoon: Iran will defeat China even with Yao Ming

TEHRAN - Iran has many capable players who are able to beat China in the FIBA Asia Championship, President of Iran Basketball Federation Mahmoud Mashhoon said on Monday.

The 2009 FIBA Asia Championship will be held from August 6 to 16 in Tianjin, China. Meanwhile Yao Ming, the three-time tournament’s MVP, is in doubt for the event due to injury.

“If the Chinese are proud of Yao Ming, we are proud of all our team players. Iranian players are full of enthusiasm, and we are optimistic about getting good results in the tournament,” Mashhoon said .

Originally posted by BlacKOEIsle View Post
    TEHRAN - Iran has many capable players who are able to beat China in the FIBA Asia Championship, President of Iran Basketball Federation Mahmoud Mashhoon said on Monday.

The 2009 FIBA Asia Championship will be held from August 6 to 16 in Tianjin, China. Meanwhile Yao Ming, the three-time tournament’s MVP, is in doubt for the event due to injury.

“If the Chinese are proud of Yao Ming, we are proud of all our team players. Iranian players are full of enthusiasm, and we are optimistic about getting good results in the tournament,” Mashhoon said .
    I did not see any statement about Iran's capability to beat China Team A even with Yao Ming in the roster or the story was incomplete

Comment

Originally posted by onono1 View Post
      I did not see any statement about Iran's capability to beat China Team A even with Yao Ming in the roster or the story was incomplete
      I just copy the title and the story from the newspaper Tehram Times.

Comment

The only problem is Yao is out with an injury. So it will be hard to say if Mr. Mashoon's statements would become a reality.

Comment

If they had that Greek referee from fiba asia 07, I'll put my money on iran anyday.

Comment

this is a very bad translation from the original Persian

اما رئیس فدراسیون بسکتبال کشورمان اعتقاد دارد تیم ملی ایران که مسابقات جام ملت*های آسیا و انتخابی جهان (15 تا 25 مردادماه - تیانجین چین) را در پیش رو دارد می‎تواند چینی‎ها را حتی با داشتن یائومینگ از پیش رو بردارد اما به شرطی که ...

tranlation :
            our president think Iran NT is able to beat China in the FIBA Asia Championship even with Yao Ming but if ...

محمود مشحون در گفتگو با خبرنگار مهر اظهار داشت: از کنار توانایی*های بازیکنان ایرانی به راحتی عبور نکنیم. اگر بسکتبال چین به داشتن یائومینگ می*نازد ما به بازیکنان و نه بازیکنی می‎نازیم که هر تیمی آرزوی داشتن آنها را دارد. غیرت و همت این بازیکنان نقطه امید بزرگی برای ماست.

If the Chinese are proud of Yao Ming, we are proud of all our team players not a player. Iranian players are full of enthusiasm, everyteam wishes to have players like them. their enthusiasm is our biggest hope.

Comment

I dont know where is the problem if the President of the Iranian Federation is optimistic and proud of his players ? China is not a selection of the top players in the world!!!!
              Proud to be Lebanese
              www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by raichu08 View Post
                If they had that Greek referee from fiba asia 07, I'll put my money on iran anyday.

Agreed

sigpic

Comment

And WE Jordan NT can Beat China , But Without Yao Ming Only hehe
                  China is not USA or Spain to be that hard to beat them , we jordanians lead the first quarter with china in asian games 2006 25-21 with full roster and without Yao ,, so it's not that hard .
                  pLAY yOUR gAME , dON'T b aSHAMED

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
                    this is a very bad translation from the original Persian

اما رئیس فدراسیون بسکتبال کشورمان اعتقاد دارد تیم ملی ایران که مسابقات جام ملت*های آسیا و انتخابی جهان (15 تا 25 مردادماه - تیانجین چین) را در پیش رو دارد می‎تواند چینی‎ها را حتی با داشتن یائومینگ از پیش رو بردارد اما به شرطی که ...

tranlation :
                    our president think Iran NT is able to beat China in the FIBA Asia Championship even with Yao Ming but if ...

محمود مشحون در گفتگو با خبرنگار مهر اظهار داشت: از کنار توانایی*های بازیکنان ایرانی به راحتی عبور نکنیم. اگر بسکتبال چین به داشتن یائومینگ می*نازد ما به بازیکنان و نه بازیکنی می‎نازیم که هر تیمی آرزوی داشتن آنها را دارد. غیرت و همت این بازیکنان نقطه امید بزرگی برای ماست.

If the Chinese are proud of Yao Ming, we are proud of all our team players not a player. Iranian players are full of enthusiasm, everyteam wishes to have players like them. their enthusiasm is our biggest hope.
                    Then I fully understand it.The people who tranlate news to English in Tehram Times should be more careful, as the Chinese title has been exaggerated to this:
                    伊朗媒体:姚明实力不足为惧 亚锦赛伊朗必然卫冕

Iran media:Yao's power is nothing to fear about,Iran will definitely win the Chamionship

Comment

Originally posted by SOLO View Post
                      And WE Jordan NT can Beat China , But Without Yao Ming Only hehe
                      China is not USA or Spain to be that hard to beat them , we jordanians lead the first quarter with china in asian games 2006 25-21 with full roster and without Yao ,, so it's not that hard .
                      no offence,but man,don't take the early result so seriously.
                      in 2006 we once lead Greece by 10 in the second quarter.
                      in 2008 we level with USA 29-29 with 6 minutes left in the first half.

Both game wo got blown out by 31 margin in the end.....

Comment

Then I fully understand it.The people who tranlate news to English in Tehram Times should be more careful, as the Chinese title has been exaggerated to this:
                        伊朗媒体:姚明实力不足为惧 亚锦赛伊朗必然卫冕

Iran media:Yao's power is nothing to fear about,Iran will definitely win the Chamionship
                        what ?
                        it is more than an exaggeration

1-crow 40-crows type ! (an Iranian phrase)

Mr. Mashhoun actually admired Yao in original persian article (this part didn't translate to english !) he said Yao absence increase our chance but we are able to beat China even with Yao.

PS: Iranian capital is Tehran , not Tehram

Comment

That is sad that the title of the article mistranslated what the President of Iran Basketball Federation said to such an extent. In any case, I feel that Iran CAN beat China with or without Yao Ming, and that China CAN beat Iran. This is sports, any team can beat any other team on any given day. But however, we should just wait and see what happens during the FIBA-Asia Championships and not assume anything beforehand.

Comment

hehe u guys make me laugh...the last time china met iran the match ended by more than 30 pts and yao barely played....and now u r saying that iran can beat china and with yao...heheh ok
                            History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

....Iran will defeat China even with Yao Ming...in football perhaps

but i agree, if there's an asian team that can upend a full-strength chinese team (wth yao, yi and wang)..it's going to be the iranians. they have the size and speed to match up with the great wall. but skills-wise not on the same level though.

Iran must play perfect basketball to achieve this. better said than done IMHO
                              <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information