Rp Nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rp Nt

Hi, since a lot of us are frustrated of the status of our NT I thought of who would be in our NT (Team A) if it will be formed soon. I read from asia-basket that the NT (Team A) will be formed by January 2007. Is this true? Anyway, this my choice of players from the pool.

Asi Taulava - C
    Rommel Aduccul - PF
    Eric Menk - PF
    Nic Belasco - PF
    Danny Seigle - SF
    Tony Dela Cruz - SF
    James Yap - SF
    Willie Miller - SG
    Dondon Hontiveros - SG
    Jayjay Helterbrand - PG
    Jimmy Alapag - PG
    Mike Cortez - PG

I did not include Renren Ritualo despite his offensive capabilities because I think James Yap and Dondon Hontiveros is very capable of compensating for the absence of Renren, and also both Yap and Hontiveros are very good defensive players. I have in my line-up three PGs as I think Helterbrand, Alapag and Cortez can make our NT very unpredictable. I based this on how the three PG's style of play. Any Comments? Suggestions?

good day!

is there anyway that we could get the US NT to play here? they are in china anyway. maybe thats when our A team will show up for our nt team.

taulava - c - 6'8''
    menk - pf - 6'6''
    seigle - sf - 6'6''
    hontiveros - sg - 6'2''
    alapag - pg - 5'9''
    reavis - c - 6'7''
    raymundo - pf - 6'6''
    williams - sf - 6'5''
    yap - sg - 6'3''
    cortez -pg - 6'0''
    miller - sg/pg - 5'10''
    ritualo - sg - 6'1''
    helterbrand -pg - 6'0''
    caguioa - sg - 6'1''

starting line-up
    C: taulava
    PF: menk
    SF: seigle
    PG: alapag
    SG: hontiveros/yap/caguioa (so far hontiveros is the most consistent sg for our nt he topscored for our nt in numerous occassions especially against the rodman enfornced usa legends team/ james yap is taller and is also improving and is the league's mvp, he is young and may soon lead our nt/ caguioa is our best sg in the PBA on paper but his performance in NT games are not that impressive, plus i find him as a ball hog and may not be able to co-exsist with other nt superstars. all 3 can shoot the 3, can penetrate, and can play defense so im not sure who to put there.)

for my team strategy, i believe that the 2002 strategy would be very effective where in danny seigle is the go-to guy, while asi is our second option in the paint, so we have a slasher and power center, i believe that this was very effective so i believe that we could apply that in this team. this strategy is effective in the nba, its just like having a kobe-shaq or wade-shaq combination.

of course, hontiveros could be another good option for our offense. so he could apply a tripple threat situation, alapag will be calling the shots and will try to dish as many good assists as possible, menk will be in charge of the rebounding and the put- backs, and will try to supplement taulava.

when a running game is needed, we could bring in helterbrand, miller, caguioa, raymundo, reavis and williams.

when shooters are in need we bring in caguioa, cortez, ritualo, hontiveros

when we need to play solid defense we bring in taulava at center, menk at pf, reavis at sf, caguioa/williams at sg, miller at pg.

what do you guys think?

hehe if ever
    usa vs rp

miller vs taulava
    brand vs menk
    anthony vs seigle
    james vs hontiveros
    arenas vs alapag

howard vs reavis
    jamison vs raymundo
    johnson vs williams
    wade vs caguioa
    hinrich vs helterbrand

i find adducul very inconsistent in the pba
    but good enough in nt games. i also admire his courage on going against other bigger men in other nts especially the 7 footers. if i could include him i will, maybe put him in instead of menk.
    the same goes for nic belasco. he appears to be very consistent in both the pba and the nt, but for me he is getting to old, plus, if ever he is going to play for the nt, i believe he should play small forward.
    also arigo could have made it, because of his impressive performance in the jones cup
    Last edited by asapa11; 08-06-2006, 05:11 PM.

Comment

rp nt

I prefer this kind of line up to play against LEBANON..

ASI TAULAVA-C
      MICK PENNISI-PF
      DANNY SEIGLE-SF
      RENREN RITUALO-SG
      JJ HELTERBRAND-PG if available
      ERIC MENK-PF
      JAMES YAP-SG
      NICK BELASCO-SF
      DORIAN PENA-C
      JIMMY ALAPAG-PG
      DONDON HONTIVEROS-SG
      MARK CAGUIAO-SG
      ALTERNATES:
      WILLY MILLER
      ROMMEL ADDUCUL
      RAFFY REAVIS

Comment

Originally posted by asapa11
        is there anyway that we could get the US NT to play here? they are in china anyway. maybe thats when our A team will show up for our nt team.

taulava - c - 6'8''
        menk - pf - 6'6''
        seigle - sf - 6'6''
        hontiveros - sg - 6'2''
        alapag - pg - 5'9''
        reavis - c - 6'7''
        raymundo - pf - 6'6''
        williams - sf - 6'5''
        yap - sg - 6'3''
        cortez -pg - 6'0''
        miller - sg/pg - 5'10''
        ritualo - sg - 6'1''
        helterbrand -pg - 6'0''
        caguioa - sg - 6'1''

starting line-up
        C: taulava
        PF: menk
        SF: seigle
        PG: alapag
        SG: hontiveros/yap/caguioa (so far hontiveros is the most consistent sg for our nt he topscored for our nt in numerous occassions especially against the rodman enfornced usa legends team/ james yap is taller and is also improving and is the league's mvp, he is young and may soon lead our nt/ caguioa is our best sg in the PBA on paper but his performance in NT games are not that impressive, plus i find him as a ball hog and may not be able to co-exsist with other nt superstars. all 3 can shoot the 3, can penetrate, and can play defense so im not sure who to put there.)

for my team strategy, i believe that the 2002 strategy would be very effective where in danny seigle is the go-to guy, while asi is our second option in the paint, so we have a slasher and power center, i believe that this was very effective so i believe that we could apply that in this team. this strategy is effective in the nba, its just like having a kobe-shaq or wade-shaq combination.

of course, hontiveros could be another good option for our offense. so he could apply a tripple threat situation, alapag will be calling the shots and will try to dish as many good assists as possible, menk will be in charge of the rebounding and the put- backs, and will try to supplement taulava.

when a running game is needed, we could bring in helterbrand, miller, caguioa, raymundo, reavis and williams.

when shooters are in need we bring in caguioa, cortez, ritualo, hontiveros

when we need to play solid defense we bring in taulava at center, menk at pf, reavis at sf, caguioa/williams at sg, miller at pg.

what do you guys think?

hehe if ever
        usa vs rp

miller vs taulava
        brand vs menk
        anthony vs seigle
        james vs hontiveros
        arenas vs alapag

howard vs reavis
        jamison vs raymundo
        johnson vs williams
        wade vs caguioa
        hinrich vs helterbrand

i find adducul very inconsistent in the pba
        but good enough in nt games. i also admire his courage on going against other bigger men in other nts especially the 7 footers. if i could include him i will, maybe put him in instead of menk.
        the same goes for nic belasco. he appears to be very consistent in both the pba and the nt, but for me he is getting to old, plus, if ever he is going to play for the nt, i believe he should play small forward.
        also arigo could have made it, because of his impressive performance in the jones cup

thats a pretty sjrot lineup but then again in the last intramural tournament as a pg defended the pf and outrebounded the guy. its in our blood i guess to ball till we crawl.
        "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
          thats a pretty sjrot lineup but then again in the last intramural tournament as a pg defended the pf and outrebounded the guy. its in our blood i guess to ball till we crawl.
          the Lebanon NT defeated Canada and Venezuela... I assume the two Teams are bigger than Lib. But they came thru the obstacle... they won against the two teams... in close game fashion tho... just what youve said! Fight till theres nothing left!!! RP Ball.

I look forward on RP Lib match... that will prove something... and hopefully a team A will be fielded...
          You've got to have it to win it

Comment

my line-up is short because i dont find our rp big men that reliable.

6-8 yancy de ocampo is too weak, he couldnt defend or even shoot over other big men, just like what he showed against #69 6-7 tsun wen din(he looked more like 6-9 or 6-10) in the jones cup. tsun was a very athletic player for his size, he has got the hops and the height, something i believe is lacking in our bigmen.

6-7/6-8 sonny thoss, looks like he has one goal and that is to dunk the ball, and get blocked all the time

6-9 marlou aquino is too old and may have lost his touch ( for me he is the only legitimate 6-9 player. he is taller the de ocampo, pennisi, andy seigle who are listed sometimes as 6-9)

6-8 mick pennisi, for me is too slow and is more of an outside shooter, but i could consider him too. i only hate the fact that he is a dirty player and that he doesnt look like a filipino. i somewhat like the idea of eitra to put pennisi on pf beside asi taulava

6-6 dorian atis pena, i kinda like him too, but sometimes, he misses shots from point blank range. i also hate the fact that he is a dirty player and that he doesnt look like a filipino, espcially with his name. ( dont get me wrong i like the dirty playing as long as we get away with it and that its on our side )

6-8 andy seigle may have lost his touch

6-10 eman samigue is good but may be too raw, i want him to dominate his games in the pbl first before i include him

6-8 sam ekwe, someone told me that sam ekwe has filipino linage??? is this true? if ever this is true, then he is hired to play for our nt!!! he said he wants to be a priest

who else are the towers of Philippines basketball??

7-0 EJ Feihl, btoo slow, ut i like his role in the 1998 nt, i think he was pretty effective back then.

7-3 "Frankie", this guy can play, but i believe this guy has never played in any major leagues or any league at all and is too slow.

6-8 francis de leon is not good either he cant dominate the ncaa

6-7/6-8 mark andaya, this guy is good but i little raw. ill have to see his performance in the pba before i consider him

6-7/6-8 jr reyes, he doesnt play center or is to thin to play center, he could maybe play sf

6-7/6-8 japeth aguilar. will have to bulk up, or maybe could play pf or sf

6-7 rabeh al-hussaini, half brother of sharma, may have to dominate more

6-6 marko batrecevic, a la salle shooter from yugoslavia, if he has filipino linage then he has to play for nt, although this guy doesnt have exposure to be known.

6-6 dennis espino, could this guy still play for our nt? he still is consistent for sta lucia.

6-7/6-8 don yabut, he only showed some aggressiveness in his final year in feu, and is also a walking stick.

6-9 erick canlas, another legitimate 6-9 player for me, but is not a good player.

all these guys should be sent to big men camps, so that they could be more effective. if we get to develop the likes of jr reyes, japeth aguilar, al-hussaini, ekwe, and andaya, these guys can all play for our nt, they can fill in c, pf, sf spots, for a taller team. also our nt will now have a depth for big men.

Comment

Philippines hammer one over Qatar @ the Qatar Invitation Championship. The game was for 3rd place. Qatar won 79-68.

this video may bring our hopes high

i like the highlights of the sydney -rp game, it may be a losing game but half of the best of the philippines were there to play and the highlights were very nice!

Comment

my line-up is short because i dont find our rp big men that reliable.

6-8 yancy de ocampo is too weak, he couldnt defend or even shoot over other big men, just like what he showed against #69 6-7 tsun wen din(he looked more like 6-9 or 6-10) in the jones cup. tsun was a very athletic player for his size, he has got the hops and the height, something i believe is lacking in our bigmen.

6-7/6-8 sonny thoss, looks like he has one goal and that is to dunk the ball, and get blocked all the time

6-9 marlou aquino is too old and may have lost his touch ( for me he is the only legitimate 6-9 player. he is taller the de ocampo, pennisi, andy seigle who are listed sometimes as 6-9)

6-8 mick pennisi, for me is too slow and is more of an outside shooter, but i could consider him too. i only hate the fact that he is a dirty player and that he doesnt look like a filipino. i somewhat like the idea of eitra to put pennisi on pf beside asi taulava

6-6 dorian atis pena, i kinda like him too, but sometimes, he misses shots from point blank range. i also hate the fact that he is a dirty player and that he doesnt look like a filipino, espcially with his name. ( dont get me wrong i like the dirty playing as long as we get away with it and that its on our side )

6-8 andy seigle may have lost his touch

6-10 eman samigue is good but may be too raw, i want him to dominate his games in the pbl first before i include him

6-8 sam ekwe, someone told me that sam ekwe has filipino linage??? is this true? if ever this is true, then he is hired to play for our nt!!! he said he wants to be a priest

who else are the towers of Philippines basketball??

7-0 EJ Feihl, btoo slow, ut i like his role in the 1998 nt, i think he was pretty effective back then.

7-3 "Frankie", this guy can play, but i believe this guy has never played in any major leagues or any league at all and is too slow.

6-8 francis de leon is not good either he cant dominate the ncaa

6-7/6-8 mark andaya, this guy is good but i little raw. ill have to see his performance in the pba before i consider him

6-7/6-8 jr reyes, he doesnt play center or is to thin to play center, he could maybe play sf

6-7/6-8 japeth aguilar. will have to bulk up, or maybe could play pf or sf

6-7 rabeh al-hussaini, half brother of sharma, may have to dominate more

6-6 marko batrecevic, a la salle shooter from yugoslavia, if he has filipino linage then he has to play for nt, although this guy doesnt have exposure to be known.

6-6 dennis espino, could this guy still play for our nt? he still is consistent for sta lucia.

6-7/6-8 don yabut, he only showed some aggressiveness in his final year in feu, and is also a walking stick.

6-9 erick canlas, another legitimate 6-9 player for me, but is not a good player.

all these guys should be sent to big men camps, so that they could be more effective. if we get to develop the likes of jr reyes, japeth aguilar, al-hussaini, ekwe, and andaya, these guys can all play for our nt, they can fill in c, pf, sf spots, for a taller team. also our nt will now have a depth for big men.
                whoa!!!!!!!you listed all the tallest cagers in the phillpines hehehe...you even included 7 foot 3 Raul "Frankie" Dillo hehehe...the giant aint into basketball he's more into movies playing giant roles and fishing is his pasttime...hehehe

Sam Ekwe aint pinoy he's a pire Nigerian...originally he wants to be a priest that's why he went here in the philippines...but kinda like basketball when his pinoy friends introduce it to him so he change his mind and he wants to pursue a basketball career...he's new to the sport only playing for a year now...he used to be a soccer player...the only way we can get him to play for our nt is to naturalized him...
                inu sya, Kidlat na galing sa Kalangitan.
                Sinu sya, Matatag na punongkahoy sa bagyo
                Ikaw na galing sa langit
                Pumukaw ng kadiliman
                Banayad na hanging bumabalot sa daigdig
                Magpakilala ka.

Sinu sya, tularan natin sya,
                Magaling syang Pulis, Matapang na Pulis
                Kahanga-hanga, bilib lahat..
                Ng tao sa kanya.

Shaider,

Sya ay si shaider.. idolo ng mga tao.
                Alagad ng batas..

Comment

Originally posted by nowitzki_21
                  the only way we can get him to play for our nt is to naturalized him...
                  if i am to choose to naturalize someone... it would be shaquille oneal or lebron james... hehehe.

we dont need ekwe... i'd rather have Japeth Aguilar in RP NT...
                  You've got to have it to win it

Comment

if thats the case then we should let at least one big man who would really want to play for the philippines and naturalize him and let him play for our nt! he should be dominant enough so that it wouldnt be a waste, and that he should really love the Filipino culture.

Comment

if ever, sam ekwe will do.

with the way i see it sam ekwe is the more dominant player compared to aguilar.

ekwe averages 9.3 points 14.4 rebounds and 3.2 blocks in 9 games

while aguilar in last years uaap, his averages were 5.7 points 5.3 rebounds and 3.2 blocks in 14 games.

sam ekwe has the heft too, thats why i prefer him. but the only problem with him is that he isnt pinoy, and that there may be more complications in his citizenship and many would complain with his status.

i also like japeth aguilar but he needs to improve his game more he should dominate the boards just like the way ekwe dominates the boards in NCAA. japeth should bulk up! if not, then he should start thinking of improving his dribbling, speed, shooting and vertical leap so that he would fit the sf position.

i wonder how he is already in the US. i hope that even if he doesnt make it to the nba, he would still be very dominant and would be a very good addition to our NT

Comment

Speaking of non-Filipinos playing for the RP NT. I would rather have alex compton play. I mean the guy speaks better filipino than most of Fil-Ams do, even though he has no Filipino blood. His heart though is very very Filipino. I think he can still play very competitive basketball despite his age.

About dominant big men. I think Asi is enough for the Philippine NT. I think he just needs good conditioning. Like the condition he got for the 2002 Asian Games where he was all muscle. He was even doubled by Italy's big men and he was doing well. Sadly though he was the lone bright spot of the Philippine team that game. Also Eric Menk is very good, remember the 2002 Asian Games when the South Koreans had to hold (more like embrace) his arms just so he could be prevented from getting rebounds. Both of them always play for the Philippine team (as far as I can remeber). Eric refused to play once or twice because he had to get documents (I'm not sure) so that he could continue playing in the PBA. I even remember him saying in an interview that he will write coach chot to request to bring him back to the National training pool. (Please correct me if some of my facts are incorrect.)

good day!

Comment

big guys that are dirty players?! come on now, fi the ref doesnt see it it isnt dirty. this is probably why i liked the 90s NBA basketball where actually driving into the basket and making the shot against people like charles oakley were legitimate and i could respect that unlike these ghost fouls today.

nice find on the videos on youtube i have searched for sooo frigging long for video clips of the philippines nt.

why the heck would u want a potential priest playing basketball. dont get me wrong about the guys size but the fact that he wantewd to be one means he has a good heart and i assume he probably wouldnt have the heart to play defesnively in a very rough and physical manner if needed for the team.
                          "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

I think Marc Pingris could be a good addition to our national team. He may not be much of an offensive threat but he can dominate the boards and has really good defense.
                            I just hope he will be included in the line-up in our games against Lebanon so that we could see how he performs in international games.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K5Ayewyt4s&NR

Philippines hammer one over Qatar @ the Qatar Invitation Championship. The game was for 3rd place. Qatar won 79-68.

this video may bring our hopes high

i like the highlights of the sydney -rp game, it may be a losing game but half of the best of the philippines were there to play and the highlights were very nice!

thanks for the videos man... btw, i think we should show this to our lebanese friends here so they can have an idea of our NT... they are all eager to see this... and also so that we can show them danny seigle, the player that can matchup against their main man fadi el khatib... pls do the honors dude...

on ekwe, ekwe is a pure nigerian no filipino lineage... the reason why he came here in manila was to study in a catholic school... and he wants to be a priest... basketball is not his number 1 sport, its soccer...
                              Last edited by jrb0yd; 08-07-2006, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information