PDA

View Full Version : US NCCA format

slimsh
08-06-2006, 03:04 AM
I like to see college basketball ala US NCAA format:) Given opportunities to other school like in Mindanao and Visayas. Many Conferences (like Big East, ACC), Sweet 16 and Final 4 to be held at Araneta Coliseum.:eek: What do you think guys:confused: Its more exciting compare to the current format here. Post your comments...:D

Phantim3dx
08-06-2006, 03:58 PM
"NCAA" not ncca. dont fully understand by your statement about the NCAA basketball here in the u.s. but i can tell you right now as I'm typing this off topic im wearing a harbour centre jersey of yeo. anyways big east is it for me although traditionally the power house of the 90s and perhaps still is the acc, 80s i say big 10. there was a major move though in the big east last year with now 15 or 16 basketball teams in it making it "theoritically" the hardest/difficult schedule for basketball because of the good schools in it now.

slimsh
08-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Phantim sorry for "NCCA". What Im trying to say, we should adopt US NCAA format here in the Philippines. Tournament style to give opportunities to the Mindanao and Visayas player.

jramoyo
08-07-2006, 02:12 AM
Agree... hehe but i have to admit that im not familiar with college ball (both here and us)

jrb0yd
08-07-2006, 04:29 AM
yeah i agree... actually right after ncaa and uaap, there's a champions league where the champions from visayas and mindanao competes with the best in manila... but it's not really that big tournament...

Phantim3dx
08-07-2006, 12:50 PM
i see. yeah i always wondered each time i went and visited and i saw college basketball it was only the schools from the manila area. i thought that was rather sad and a pity that they couldnt have other big schools from the visayas region play in them also. they may not be capable @ first but eventually get their. yeah i agree with your idea of having a US format definitely!

ctongco
08-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Hi, last december the ADMU Blue Eagles (Team A... with LA Tenorio and all) played against my college Xavier University (Ateneo de Cagayan) Crusaders. It was a mini Jesuit Schools tournament. ADMU won but my college showed that they could keep up with the Blue Eagles despite the size advantage that ADMU had agianst the Crusaders. The Blue Eagles had a good lead but everytime they took out LA Tenorio the Crusaders made runs and cut the lead. But everytime the lead would go down dangerously low Coach Norman would send LA back and the lead would increase again. The way I saw it, teams from mindanao can compete well against those in the NCAA and the UAAP. The problem is that they dont get the much needed exposure that they need. Also, the athletic program in a lot of schools and universities are not as well funded and supported as in the NCAA and the UAAP. This is just my take on things.

Maybe we could have the top 2 teams of every tournament from Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao advance to a national championship. Example, the top 2 teams of the UAAP, NCAA, etc. compete in a national championship. Any comments? Suggestions?

good day!

jramoyo
08-08-2006, 03:43 AM
yep, it doesn't have to be in season format... i think that's to exhaustive for the players... a cup/tournament would do... the important thing is to expose provincial teams to the big manila leagues...

usausa
09-05-2006, 04:01 PM
What would be really cool but it wouldnt happen.

If the Philippines were in the US NCAA and they were their own conference. They would be D-2 in my opinion. This would give exposure to show that we got game. Only problem is travel. Nobody wants to travel 16 hours each way to play a game. TThe other is money. NCAA wants money and probably thinks that's not the money place. But it would be pretty sweet.

Voice your criticisms

pilipinas02
09-06-2006, 01:07 AM
hey guys jrboyd is right, actually the format has been practiced already in the collegiate champion's league, current champion is FEU with Arwind Santos leading the team. But I don't think it's gonna be staged this year and I don't also have a news if it has been done last year....so sad

check out this site www.collegiatechampionsleague.com

pilipinas02
09-06-2006, 02:28 AM
just checked out the site, i think they're going to have it again this year somewhere in october in cebu...it's going to be great:)