PDA

View Full Version : what do you wanna see in solar sports (btv, cs9)?

patay-butiki
05-22-2009, 02:06 PM
i wanna see solar sports cover the smart gilas team. like a reality tv show. practice. features on players and coaching staff. (a feauture on toroman would be nice). they can also cover actual competitions. like they could have gone to jakarta and cover the whole trip, from the airport to the hotel to the actual games. they can ever feature hardcore gilas fans like us here in IBN, hehehe. and what about a feature on barocca and ann curtis to know the real score? :D:D

this will surely rate with pinoy basketball fans. it might even start a cult of hardcore NT fans. i sincerely believe it can surpass pba ratings.

and for sponsors? smart telecoms should be an obvious sponsor. then they can market the program to the shoe companies, the beer/alcohol producers, heck, even to family rubbing alcohol (di lang pampamilya, pang national team pa!). trans: not only for the family, also for the NT.

calling on Jude "KABOOM" turcuato! this is a sure money-making machine.:):):)

durden_tyler
05-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Very good suggestion actually. Maybe if you email Solar about it, they'd listen. Also, they'd prioritize the National Team first since they carry the PBA, another good idea as well.

Maybe if fans has the demand, why not?

lovejones
05-22-2009, 02:43 PM
i wanna see solar sports cover the smart gilas team. like a reality tv show. practice. features on players and coaching staff. (a feauture on toroman would be nice). they can also cover actual competitions. like they could have gone to jakarta and cover the whole trip, from the airport to the hotel to the actual games. they can ever feature hardcore gilas fans like us here in IBN, hehehe. and what about a feature on barocca and ann curtis to know the real score? :D:D

this will surely rate with pinoy basketball fans. it might even start a cult of hardcore NT fans. i sincerely believe it can surpass pba ratings.

and for sponsors? smart telecoms should be an obvious sponsor. then they can market the program to the shoe companies, the beer/alcohol producers, heck, even to family rubbing alcohol (di lang pampamilya, pang national team pa!). trans: not only for the family, also for the NT.

Love your suggestions. To make the general public aware of the players and get them to love them. I also suggest that Solar makes a series of episodes on the Smart Gilas players, ala HBO 24/7.

regierr
05-22-2009, 03:28 PM
I would like to see European basketball games and maybe some WTA tennis.

QuickFox
05-22-2009, 03:43 PM
12nn - 5pm : movies
5pm- 12mn : Anything about basketball... pba games, a program about BBall players, Fiba or NBA Games, RP Team special... OR other sports like billiards, celebrity poker. No soccer pls.

:D:D

RetiredJordanStopper
05-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Aside from more hoops, i think they should show more soccer. No offense to the poster above, but soccer coverage is still minimal in the Philippines. The UEFA Champions League is coming, we should be exposed to what the other 4 billion people will be watching next week. Barca vs Man U, Lionel Messi against Cristiano Ronaldo!

and also, please show the WC qualifiers this summer, and next year's biggest event, the FIFA World Cup for FREE!!!! not PPV, and not only on sports bar and trendy pretentious restos, but on cable TV at least!

jesronne
05-22-2009, 06:09 PM
they have a good broadcast to the PBA... but still not so much of exposure for PBA players...

RetiredJordanStopper
05-22-2009, 06:51 PM

its already confirmed that Jude "Kaboom" Turcuato, one of the movers that helped Solar reach its status now will leave Solar Sports for Fox International. FYI

http://kaboomphilippines.blogspot.com/2009/05/moving-on.html

lovejones
05-22-2009, 11:50 PM
its already confirmed that Jude "Kaboom" Turcuato, one of the movers that helped Solar reach its status now will leave Solar Sports for Fox International. FYI

So who'll replace him? Relly San Agustin?

raichu08
05-23-2009, 01:08 AM
NFL

ALL RP Team Games (Fiba Asia, Side Events, Champions Cup, Seaba, Sea Games, Hopefully Olympics and Fiba World)

B-Ball inspired movies and shows: Slam Dunk, Buzzer Beater, He Got Game etc.

And no crap like poker pls. It shouldnt even be considered a sport.

rensquared
05-23-2009, 05:16 AM
Other than the NBA and the Euroleague, I wanna see all RP Games!!!

jesronne
05-23-2009, 06:01 AM
actually i asked James Ty III of PeX of SOLAR SPORTS if they will broadcast RP games... He said that Solar have the rights of FIBA tournaments... but again it was not shown... i thought it was "BASKETBALL TV" maybe they should change it to "NBA TV PHILIPPINE VERSION"...

TrueBluePinoy
05-23-2009, 07:53 AM
maybe they could divide btv into 2 channels like BTV1 and BTV2. One channel will focus more on NBA and other international leagues while the other will feature exclusively for local hoops.

KevinDurant
05-23-2009, 08:17 AM
PBA Greatest Games and Smart Gilas games.

durden_tyler
05-23-2009, 09:10 AM
actually i asked James Ty III of PeX of SOLAR SPORTS if they will broadcast RP games... He said that Solar have the rights of FIBA tournaments... but again it was not shown... i thought it was "BASKETBALL TV" maybe they should change it to "NBA TV PHILIPPINE VERSION"...

The FIBA Champions Cup is a minor tournament, i understand where the company is coming from since they might lose money acquiring the rights for that. i do believe they'll chase the SEABA broadcasting rights since it's by FIBA, so there.

(For starters, Solar already have the major FIBA events, worlds, asia and even other regions)

It IS Basketball TV :)

The_Big_Cat
05-23-2009, 09:18 AM
The FIBA Champions Cup is a minor tournament, i understand where the company is coming from since they might lose money acquiring the rights for that. i do believe they'll chase the SEABA broadcasting rights since it's by FIBA, so there.

(For starters, Solar already have the major FIBA events, worlds, asia and even other regions)

It IS Basketball TV :)

Chase? You have 3 weeks to get the SEABA broadcasting rights. :D

I see the SEABA as a wallkover for us. No stiff competition here.
What is exciting to watch are POWERADE's participation in the Jones Cup (July) and the big dance itself, FIBA Asia Championships (August).

Hope you broadcast these tournaments LIVE.

regierr
05-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Chase? You have 3 weeks to get the SEABA broadcasting rights. :D

I see the SEABA as a wallkover for us. No stiff competition here.
What is exciting to watch are POWERADE's participation in the Jones Cup (July) and the big dance itself, FIBA Asia Championships (August).

Hope you broadcast these tournaments LIVE.

Jones Cup is always aired on ESPN Asia/Star Sports so will probably get to see that. SEABA hopefully will be shown on some other channel.

rhk111
05-23-2009, 01:54 PM
I think the broadcasting rights for the just-concluded 2009 FIBA Champion's Cup will be cheaper now that it is over. In that case, I don't think Filipinos will mind watching the games, even it has already concluded.

amamangloy
05-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Euroleague... and US-NCAA games of teams with Fil-foreigners....

paolylo
05-23-2009, 03:25 PM
PBA's Greatest Games.

ramzaruglia
05-23-2009, 08:22 PM
The incoming "Europa Cup", after the last season of UEFA Cup Championships, and the 2010 FIFA World Cup. :D

Also include Euroleague, and other tournaments that Smart Gilas will participate in the future.

Awesome!

Jeon_Addict
05-24-2009, 12:45 AM
I want to see all the asian basketball tournaments so we can get a first hand scouting reports on all the teams that we're going to meet.
________
OG KUSH MARIJUANA STRAIN (http://trichomes.org/marijuana-strains/og-kush)

kerouac82
05-24-2009, 12:47 AM
More female beach volleyball games, please.

The_Big_Cat
05-24-2009, 05:12 AM
Jones Cup is always aired on ESPN Asia/Star Sports so will probably get to see that. SEABA hopefully will be shown on some other channel.

Yes. I know.

I have a problem with ESPN's coverage with the Jones Cup.
Camera angles are bad. And they don't know when to show slow-mo of the previous plays. The timing is bad because they show the slow mo while there is a live ball. So, you missed a play there.

And their post-game lady interviewers are strugging with their english.

pepman
05-24-2009, 05:35 AM
More sports programs and PBA's greatest games----How many times people kept on asking on this? Man! I guess, about 4-5 times, but Solar was still making some decisions about it. Instead, Star Records (of ABS-CBN) made a compilation series of games in DVD. Man.

jundakki
05-24-2009, 05:42 AM
Yes. I know.

Camera angles are bad. And they don't know when to show slow-mo of the previous plays. The timing is bad because they show the slow mo while there is a live ball. So, you missed a play there.

yes you're right, i also noticed that on al jazeera's broadcast of fiba asia champions club

reamily
05-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Yes. I know.

But we can pass on with that honestly:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ThreeStars&aSun
05-25-2009, 12:56 PM
I wanna see Jones Cup, Seaba and Fiba Asia!!!:)

patay-butiki
05-25-2009, 01:05 PM

Fox International?!?

All i can say is.....

"KABOOM!"

pepman
05-26-2009, 10:18 AM
I wanna see Jones Cup, Seaba and Fiba Asia!!!:)

Nice idea, atleast we can be keep updating on our National Team.

kentpaul
05-27-2009, 02:00 AM
i wanna see the bronze medal RP TEAM in uruguay,....or even those games which the RP participated in the olympic games,...or even in the ASIAD and the FIBA WC.. history must never be forgotten,...this will only to inspire the Filipinos/.

ch3skv143so
05-27-2009, 03:06 AM
solar should air every game that team pilipinas plays!

RetiredJordanStopper
05-27-2009, 08:44 PM
The UEFA Champions League is coming, we should be exposed to what the other 4 billion people will be watching next week. Barca vs Man U, Lionel Messi against Cristiano Ronaldo!

Barcelona won, 2-nil against Man U!!!! Eto'o and Messi scored the goals for Barca

kerouac82
05-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Barcelona won, 2-nil against Man U!!!! Eto'o and Messi scored the goals for Barca

Big Barca fan here. Great match! :D

splitzapper
05-28-2009, 01:51 AM
is there by any chance that BTV will show the FIBA-ASIA Champion's Cup games of Smart Gilas?

kerouac82
05-28-2009, 03:10 AM
is there by any chance that BTV will show the FIBA-ASIA Champion's Cup games of Smart Gilas?

They'd have to buy footage from Al-Jazeera first, being the only network which covered the tournament. I doubt if RCTI (Indonesian TV) covered it at all.

jrb0yd
05-28-2009, 12:07 PM
less commercials... seriously! solar sports is keeping us hostage.

ramzaruglia
05-28-2009, 07:27 PM

Hell YEAH! When the game was over I celebrated, god!! The game was really intense.

But, I expect AC Milan will bounce back the next UEFA Cup. I had deep trust in their team :D

LordOfLeyte
05-29-2009, 12:01 AM
On BTV:

90's PBA games

RP Team games (even heart-beaking ones)

On CS9:

True Blood

The Simpsons

reamily
05-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Sige nga kaya ba nila ito

TRANS: hehe a challenge for them

Fiba asia basketball: features finals of CBA, JBL, SBL, arab league(JPL, iranian super league), KBL to not only know good european palyers but also good asian players

Ganito kasi yan if there will cover these games it will bridge for the pba if they hold it more to have an invitational conference and the awareness of basketball fans would be high because of this it may help pba gain popularity among basketball fans

Alex07
05-29-2009, 02:56 AM
high definition super slow-mo replays..above the board camera shots and better camera work for the local leagues..that's what I want to see