08-04-2006, 11:09 AM
The discussion may continue here.

Roy M
08-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Any news about Welsch and Malaga?

elaj
08-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Any news about Welsch and Malaga?
Jiri Welsch signed with Unicaja Malaga for three years.

http://www.unicajabaloncesto.com/

Roy M
08-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Jiri Welsch signed with Unicaja Malaga for three years.

http://www.unicajabaloncesto.com/

Thnx... I've just read it in their official site... :mad:

Roy M
08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Can somebody translate this article?

http://kosarka.hr/main.asp?P=Vijest&J=HRV&VijestID=9479

thnks!

elaj
08-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Can somebody translate this article?

http://kosarka.hr/main.asp?P=Vijest&J=HRV&VijestID=9479

thnks!
In this article they are saying that Planinic has offers from Maccabi, TAU and also an option to stay in NBA. TAU offered Planinic better contract but he is still considering if its worth to go there, because of big competition on guard positions with Rakocevic and Prigioni. Spahija said that its hard to get quality players to play in Israel because of current situation in the country and he would be really pleased if Planinic would come. They are also stating that Planinic's wish is to play alot of minutes and a big plus for Maccabi in this race for Planinic is also Croatian coach Spahija and Planinic's NT buddy Vujcic.

Roy M
08-04-2006, 01:08 PM
In this article they are saying that Planinic has offers from Maccabi, TAU and also an option to stay in NBA. TAU offered Planinic better contract but he is still considering if its worth to go there, because of big competition on guard positions with Rakocevic and Prigioni. Spahija said that its hard to get quality players to play in Israel because of current situation in the country and he would be really pleased if Planinic would come. They are also stating that Planinic's wish is to play alot of minutes and a big plus for Maccabi in this race for Planinic is also Croatian coach Spahija and Planinic's NT buddy Vujcic.

First off all, thank U a lot.
secondley: Is it mean that Planinic will play in Maccabi? I saw Ron Mercer's name too their.

elaj
08-04-2006, 01:10 PM
First off all, thank U a lot.
secondley: Is it mean that Planinic will play in Maccabi? I saw Ron Mercer's name too their.
It's just said there that Maccabi is also interested in Ron Mercer. It's not 100%, but I wouldn't be surprised if Planinic would sign the contract in upcoming week. ;)

Roy M
08-04-2006, 01:19 PM
It's just said there that Maccabi is also interested in Ron Mercer. It's not 100%, but I wouldn't be surprised if Planinic would sign the contract in upcoming week. ;)

Thank you....:)
It's about the time to sign players.... Spahjia has been in Israel since Tuesday and knows exactly that Tel-Aviv quiet and far away from the war...:o

Bo@rD-riDeR
08-04-2006, 02:09 PM
So can any fan of Zalgiris give us details about Serapinas?:)

ARIS WORLD FANS
08-04-2006, 02:15 PM
yes ,we wait the Lithuanians to give info about Serapinas...its god player???

LuDux
08-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Wagner figures he will get into a couple of NBA camps. If not there, he has feelers from overseas, including one from Maccabi Tel Aviv.
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41796/20060804/wagner_on_the_way_to_an_nba_comeback/

Marble
08-04-2006, 02:24 PM
There are rumours in Greece that Panathinaikos is also interested in Planinic,but I don't think that's true.We need a shorter,quicker PG and furthermore,we have to release Tomasevic if we want a european player..
However,if he goes to Maccabi,it's a really good signing as a replacement for Parker.But Maccabi also needs replacements for Solomon and Baston.Any names..?
Serapinas,as far as I know,is 24 years old,1,97,SF.He can shoot,penetrate and play defense,without however being great at any of these skills.Good,solid player,but don't expect him to score 20 or 30 points..
Finally,can anyone (especially from Italy) tell us what is going on with Zisis?Is it true that Benetton is seriously thinking the offer from PAO?

Trifilli
08-04-2006, 02:28 PM
PAOK signed Dimitris Charitopoulos (from Aris) and agreed terms with Damir Mulaomerovic (from Panellinios) and Giannis Kalambokis (from AEK).

Dookie
08-04-2006, 02:35 PM
There are rumours in Greece that Panathinaikos is also interested in Planinic,but I don't think that's true.We need a shorter,quicker PG and furthermore,we have to release Tomasevic if we want a european player..
However,if he goes to Maccabi,it's a really good signing as a replacement for Parker.But Maccabi also needs replacements for Solomon and Baston.Any names..?
Serapinas,as far as I know,is 24 years old,1,97,SF.He can shoot,penetrate and play defense,without however being great at any of these skills.Good,solid player,but don't expect him to score 20 or 30 points..
Finally,can anyone (especially from Italy) tell us what is going on with Zisis?Is it true that Benetton is seriously thinking the offer from PAO?

Planinic is planed to be Solomon's replacement.
Mercer is planed to be Parker's replacement.
Haislip is palned to be Baston's replacement.

It is true that Maccabi offered a contract for Wagner, and the decision will be taken after Maccabi will get his medical report.
This guy is amazing, he can score 30-40 points in the Euroleague with no problems.

boki
08-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Planinic is planed to be Solomon's replacement.
Mercer is planed to be Parker's replacement.
Haislip is palned to be Baston's replacement.

It is true that Maccabi offered a contract for Wagner, and the decision will be taken after Maccabi will get his medical report.
This guy is amazing, he can score 30-40 points in the Euroleague with no problems.

C'mon man, It's Dejuan Wagner we are talking about, not Lebron.

fulcizombie
08-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Don't mind Dookie,just check his post history.Everything is amasing when it comes to Maccabi for him.

Anyway with Welch and Braun,that's a very nice set of guards for Unicaha Malaga.

KokkinosVasilias
08-04-2006, 03:15 PM
we have to release Tomasevic if we want a european player..

you dont have to release Tomasevic, you may have up to 6 foreign players...
all 6 can be europeans if you want to,
but you may have only 2 outside of europe,
so the PG can be either american or european, it doesnt matter

Juan Carlos Nadal
08-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Anyway with Welch and Braun,that's a very nice set of guards for Unicaha Malaga.

:D Man you should become the honourary president of IBN's "Bejtschirowitcz Spelling Community".

From the above post one could guess that some Portuguese or Brazilian team just signed two german guys... :D

As for Wagner, I agree that he is indeed a great player, but 30-40 points are a bit (?) of an exaggeration. I can see him suit Maccabi's game though fairly decently.

Dookie
08-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Don't mind Dookie,just check his post history.Everything is amasing when it comes to Maccabi for him.

That's my opinion, he's an unbelievable scorer, can dominate Europe.

Ultra red
08-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Wagner can be ---- (more suitable words may be used. JCN) in Europe.worse than Solomon

Dookie
08-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Wagner can be ---- (more suitable words may be used. JCN) in Europe.worse than Solomon

If he comes to Maccabi, he won't be the PG but the SG.

wardjdim
08-04-2006, 03:57 PM
PAOK signed Dimitris Charitopoulos (from Aris) and agreed terms with Damir Mulaomerovic (from Panellinios) and Giannis Kalambokis (from AEK).
Ole!
Too bad we are not a Euroleague team... yet!:D

Who says that LeBron can score 30-40 ppg in Euroleague?

Dookie
08-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Who says that LeBron can score 30-40 ppg in Euroleague?

I didn't ssay 30-40 ppg about Wagner, I said 30-40 points.:D

Trifilli
08-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Ole!
Too bad we are not a Euroleague team... yet!:D

Well, once this thread (the one on the old board) was for ULEB Cup teams as well, I've also seen signings of other ULEB Cup teams being announced here before, so I think that it's perfectly alright to post here that Damir Mulaomerovic agreed terms with PAOK ;) (and to mention two lesser names in the same post as well :p)

PHILIPeurobasket
08-04-2006, 05:55 PM

Oh my God :D :D :D

guyOFK
08-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Sources in israeli web portal www.ynet.co.il saynig : Planinic said NO to maccabi and will play for Tau.

maka
08-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Are you sure about that?

English version of that page or translation of that text?

I thinked that Planinic in Maccabi was sure thing???

:mad: I am very mad...

PHILIPeurobasket
08-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Sorry guys but I have one question (not about Euroleague).

Anwil Wloclawek will have new PG and pobably sign with him contract, but nobody know his name.... I know also that he have 24 years, 186 cm...last season he spent in Adriatic league, where scored 15 points and 7 assists per game. I know also that this player want also RheinEnergy Cologne and Hemofarm Vrsac.

Do you know maybe who is this "secret" player in Anwil :) ?

Sky7
08-04-2006, 07:02 PM
:mad: its only israel news.. i hope not..

Are you sure about that?

English version of that page or translation of that text?

I thinked that Planinic in Maccabi was sure thing???

:mad: I am very mad...

Kasmer
08-04-2006, 07:18 PM
All the media in israel saying that planinic sigend\will sign with tau.

Marble
08-04-2006, 07:21 PM
you dont have to release Tomasevic, you may have up to 6 foreign players...
all 6 can be europeans if you want to,
but you may have only 2 outside of europe,
so the PG can be either american or european, it doesnt matter

KokkineVasilia,you were right..Thanks!
I visited esake.gr and I read that every team can have up to 6 foreigners (in general),but maximum 2 of them can be non-european.I know it made no sense,but many people are confused.
So our options are much more..We can sign either an american or a european PG (or a greek one ofcourse) and keep Tomasevic,whom I especially appreciate for his great basketball mind...
PS:With Planinic,Merser and Jasaitis/Burstein as backcourt,Maccabi will be too "tall" and slow,don't you think?Don't you need a PG in the style of Popovic or Lakovic for example?Unfortunately for you (and us :) ),both these guys have already signed with other teams..

wardjdim
08-04-2006, 07:21 PM
All the media in israel saying that planinic sigend\will sign with tau.
here we go!
he is the 6th man... :)
Now, bring over a SF who can at least pass the ball and shoot the trey!

Ultra red
08-04-2006, 07:57 PM
How do Maccabi Fans expect to sign players when there is a war in Israel?
I think that if the situation continue so the Euroleague should move games from Israel to other countries

boki
08-04-2006, 08:02 PM

Anwil Wloclawek will have new PG and pobably sign with him contract, but nobody know his name.... I know also that he have 24 years, 186 cm...last season he spent in Adriatic league, where scored 15 points and 7 assists per game. I know also that this player want also RheinEnergy Cologne and Hemofarm Vrsac.

No offence Philip, but player with those kind of stats would probably sign for some major spanish/greek/italian club and not for Anwil. Goran Dragic is the only PG, who scored 15 ppg and he was second scorer overall. And no player in the league did average 7 assists.

DZK
08-04-2006, 08:04 PM

Here is your man Philip:

Nikola Otasevic (OKK Beograd)

He didn't play Adriatic League...he played in Serbian Superleague and achieved the stats you wrote about.

stats: http://nsl.kosarka.co.yu/Player.aspx?pPlayerID=0630298037

Here is even official news from his agency about Anwil signing the player:
http://www.1one.org/html/news/index.php

It is in Serbian language...just that player signed for Anwil and what was his previous season like.

BTW this is Euroleague topic Philip :rolleyes:

PHILIPeurobasket
08-04-2006, 08:30 PM
DZK You are GREAT !!! Thanks for info good friend :)

This is very good info for me and my club!!!

woma
08-04-2006, 08:34 PM
DZK You are GREAT !!! Thanks for info good friend :)

This is very good info for me and my club!!!
This is maybe an excellent info... but probably for Turow and Czarni, not for Anwil. Did anybody have a chance to watch this guy... ever?
I don't think RTS did air any OKK Belgrad games this season.

PHILIPeurobasket
08-04-2006, 08:45 PM
This is maybe an excellent info... but probably for Turow and Czarni, not for Anwil.

Why? Look for stats ... he have 15 points and almost 8 assists per game :)

OK...sorry guys for of-topic!!! Now we comesback to Euroleague rumours and signings ... One more thanks for help :):):) !!!

Ultra red
08-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Tyus Edney,According to roumors has rejected to join Maccabi and has offers from 2 Italian clubs.

Ram
08-04-2006, 09:41 PM
I actully knew he would sign with another club...no one will come to maccabi when the country is at "war".
plus they can offer him more money than maccabi would(no way will they agree to 1.8M$ a year like he got with the nets).

Roy M
08-04-2006, 09:44 PM
I actully knew he would sign with another club...no one will come to maccabi when the country is at "war".
plus they can offer him more money than maccabi would(no way will they agree to 1.8M$ a year like he got with the nets).

I don't know why Tau needs more SG/PG, with Rakocevic, Prigioni, Erdogan and VIdal?
If it was right, ACB should published it... nothing their.

Ultra red
08-04-2006, 09:57 PM
He replaces Ukic in the team i think,conformation from Croatia:
http://www.eurobasket.com/cro/cro.asp

also Edney's agant confirmed tonight that his clint decided not to go to Maccabi

Dookie
08-04-2006, 10:05 PM

It's 1.8M$ gross.
Maccabi can easily offer this.

Ultra red
08-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Yea.the can offer 4 million per year.but who will come?

Dookie
08-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Yea.the can offer 4 million per year.but who will come?

Players.

Markoishvili
08-04-2006, 10:38 PM
I would be surprised to see Maccabi land any big names, very sorry for them.

fulcizombie
08-05-2006, 08:14 AM

Wow,great use of the English language:D :D :D

boki
08-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Wow,great use of the English language:D :D :D

C'mon everybody makes grammatical mistakes. It is better to read Phillip's grammar than names like Beytschirowitsch, Braun etc :D

fulcizombie
08-05-2006, 10:41 AM
C'mon everybody makes grammatical mistakes. It is better to read Phillip's grammar than names like Beytschirowitsch, Braun etc :D
No,it's better to make some spelling mistakes(it's just names who cares anyway??) than being unable to write a correct sentence.We are not talking about simple grammar mistakes here,we are talking about a new language!!!!(certainly not english).

I mean WTF is this :"Anwil Wloclawek will have new PG and pobably sign with him contract, but nobody know his name.... I know also that he have 24 years, 186 cm...last season he spent in Adriatic league, where scored 15 points and 7 assists per game. I know also that this player want also RheinEnergy Cologne and Hemofarm Vrsac"

Anyway sorry for the off-topic,but people should look at themselves before they criticise others and i certainly didn't start this.

Arvydas Sitkauskas
08-05-2006, 10:45 AM
According to reports from Samara,Maccabi will sign Omar Cook from the Samara team.He just signed in june after great season in Belgium but Maccabi will pay a around 400.000 Euros to Samara.

Dookie
08-05-2006, 10:49 AM
According to reports from Samara,Maccabi will sign Omar Cook from the Samara team.He just signed in june after great season in Belgium but Maccabi will pay a around 400.000 Euros to Samara.

If it's true. it's great.
Omar Cook is a wonderful PG.

Can you give us any link to this reports? TNX.

Roy M
08-05-2006, 10:58 AM

Any link? Great player.

Arvydas Sitkauskas
08-05-2006, 11:05 AM
No links.maybe it will come out later today.but you will have to trust me on this one.maybe i am in Lithuania but i am a Samara fan.

Juan Carlos Nadal
08-05-2006, 11:06 AM
I don't know what is worse either, bad grammar or way-off name spelling mistakes, what I know though is that for someone to improve his/her grammar it takes lots of time and effort, while for someone to check the correct spelling of a name, it just takes a 0.02 sec "googling". Back on subject now. I feel guilty for starting it all :D

I heard from a friend that there are some problems with Mulaomerovic's return to PAOK. His contract with his ex-team Panellinios means that he cannot as yet sign with PAOK. It is funny that PAOK announced (albeit not officially) his name before they acquired his signature. Very amateurish.

TrapaToni
08-05-2006, 11:10 AM
I really dont understand why tau needs Planinic.
He is excellent PG but also play as a SG.
Tau has great players at the moment, Rakocevic and Pirgioni, why the need planinic?
Im a big fan of maccabi, and know the mangment very well, and i think that planinic is a smokscreen, maccabi wants to hide a requsted player that they want, and use planinic as a smokscreen.
They did it with Spahija, in the last 2 weeks Repesa was the best choise for maccabi, but 3 days later, Spahija shows.

wardjdim
08-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Tau has great players at the moment, Rakocevic and Pirgioni, why the need planinic?

For depth reasons.
Tau will now have to push for a good SF

fulcizombie
08-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Paok's officials are morons,simple as that.Mula will probably stay at Pannelinios.Paok announced Mula without having signed a contract with him.How unprofessional is that??

woma
08-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Any link? Great player.
Totally disagree. He is Stephon Marbury/Marcus Hatten type of player - always will have a wonderful stats (including assists), but doesn't really run the team so well, will show the flashy passing skills, but it's not so good in organizing the set one after one. Watched him in FIBA CUP game when Dexia played road game against Slask Wroclaw, but even with his 11 assists I was far away from being impressed - http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_f43ulKJBGLcVnbH-aqLVu2.pageID_uj4oJSTUJz2zlcBzeU1On0.compID_BYg5Rb 55Jw-G5I3MZ6JB01.season_2006.roundID_4588.gameID_4598-K-7-4.html

I have a friend in Belgium, who is a Dexia fan - at first he was very impressed with him; but with season coming to an end and play-off games, he was more and more disappointed; and Cook minutes started to decrease. He was easily provoked by his direct opponents and was losing his focus on daily basis, he's far from the level that Maccabi does need to think about doing in Euroleague. I don't like Salomon as PG too much, but Omar Cook is a few level lower than "Prokom killer"...

Markoishvili
08-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Im a big fan of maccabi, and know the mangment very well, and i think that planinic is a smokscreen, maccabi wants to hide a requsted player that they want, and use planinic as a smokscreen.
They did it with Spahija, in the last 2 weeks Repesa was the best choise for maccabi, but 3 days later, Spahija shows.

Planinic is better player then those two, even if he sitted on the bench in the NBA. He is 6-8 and will be able to play all 3 backcourt positions.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-05-2006, 11:52 AM
some serbian site reports Planinič signed 3 years deal for 4 mio € :eek:

along with that and all those buyouts Tau is paying, I don't think Tau's budget is decreasing as some people suggested a year or two back... it must be bigger than 12 mio €...

Roy M
08-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Planinic is better player then those two, even if he sitted on the bench in the NBA. He is 6-8 and will be able to play all 3 backcourt positions.

We have to wait and chack, before all, if this news/rumour is true...

mitsos13
08-05-2006, 12:04 PM
What do you think about Louis Bullock filling in the missing spot for Panathinaikos?

http://www.euroleague.net/plantillas/jugador.jsp?id=AJO

Has his contract with Real expired or what?

elaj
08-05-2006, 12:24 PM
What do you think about Louis Bullock filling in the missing spot for Panathinaikos?

As I know he extended the contract, but I don't know for how long, but he has the contract for 2006/2007 season.

Neozyrus
08-05-2006, 01:56 PM

Bullock renewed his contract last year with Real till season 2008/2009. So what do you think about Siskauskas filling in the missing SF spot for Real Madrid? :D :D :D

Ram
08-05-2006, 02:40 PM
It's 1.8M$ gross.
Maccabi can easily offer this.
1.8M$ for maccabi???sure they can do that...but hell will have to freeze before they cash in on a player for hes 1st year in the club.
Not Sharas nor hafman or AP ever got this close to a 2M$ per a season.
And even with 6M$ i dont see any player willing to come.
the roster maccabi has now is pretty good for a respacted top 16 etc...and we should understand that since no players are to come a team built up is in the making.

wardjdim
08-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Excellent signing off the bench

qiangdade
08-05-2006, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=Juan Carlos Nadal]:D Man you should become the honourary president of IBN's "Bejtschirowitcz Spelling Community".

From the above post one could guess that some Portuguese or Brazilian team just signed two german guys... :D

QUOTE]

Actually the german spelling would be welsch which i think is his actuall name. Many people in modern czech republic have german names since a big part of the country (bohemia) was german at some time.

According to sportime.gr, planinic signed with tau. Another guard lost for PAO. I wonder what they are thinking. My guess is they won't sign another guard, will bring back xanthopoulos and wait for january to sign someone.

Markoishvili
08-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Excellent signing off the bench
I don`t think he will came off the bench, Erdogan will be 6th man.

PG Prigioni
SG Rakocevic
SF Planinic - his defensive problems are less visible at this position
PF Scola
C Splitter

- this could be great offensive team, altrough thier defesive at wings with Rakoc and Planinic won`t be nearly as good.

wardjdim
08-05-2006, 03:24 PM
I don`t think he will came off the bench, Erdogan will be 6th man.

PG Prigioni
SG Rakocevic
SF Planinic - his defensive problems are less visible at this position
PF Scola
C Splitter

- this could be great offensive team, altrough thier defesive at wings with Rakoc and Planinic won`t be nearly as good.
We still need one more backcourt guy, given that Dragic will be loaned..

Marble
08-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Despite the rumours,I don't think PAO really wanted Planinic.He is a tall combo guard and we already have similar players. We wanted Jannero Pargo,but he signed for the Hornets after all...We also want Zisis,but Benetton declined our offer of 1.3 m Euros.Anyway,there aren't many good point guards available in Europe at the moment,so the losses of Lakovic and (especially) Spanoulis have created a problem..Edney could be a decent choice,given the circumstances..
PS:Xanthopoulos has already returned and it's 99% certain that he will be on the team next year.

Dookie
08-05-2006, 03:29 PM
1.8M$ for maccabi???sure they can do that...but hell will have to freeze before they cash in on a player for hes 1st year in the club.
Not Sharas nor hafman or AP ever got this close to a 2M$ per a season.
And even with 6M$ i dont see any player willing to come.
the roster maccabi has now is pretty good for a respacted top 16 etc...and we should understand that since no players are to come a team built up is in the making.

1.8M$ gross = somthing like 1M$ net.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-05-2006, 04:29 PM
We still need one more backcourt guy, given that Dragic will be loaned..
rumours right now are that Tau wouldn't loan him... + the whole case is going on court anyway since Slovan's president doesn't intend to let him go for the buyout Tau is willing to give...

Joško Poljak Fan
08-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Cibona resigned Kus and Žuža... Anzulovič is saying they only need a C and a PG to complete the team...

Markoishvili
08-05-2006, 05:53 PM
That PG for Cibona, will most likely be Rashad Wright, since his transfer to Telindus Oostende was cancelled it seems.

I think Tau is set
PG Prigioni/Dragic
SG Rakocevic/Erdogan
SF Planinic/Vidal

- it would be better for Dragic to get loaned, since he is practically 4th PG on the team, Erdogan and Vidal will share backcourt minutes of the bench with Prigioni being 1st PG, but Planinic and Rakocevic getting some burn at "1" too. Plus, Perasovic doesn`t like playing young inexperienced players.

dude
08-05-2006, 05:58 PM
That PG for Cibona, will most likely be Rashad Wright, since his transfer to Telindus Oostende was cancelled it seems.

Where did you get that info ? The official signing of Rashad Wright was already announced by Telindus Oostende on june 21st. and on july 22th the transfer was confirmed by his agency (Beobasket http://www.beobasket.co.yu/eng/vest.jsp?id=7505). Almost all Oostende players for next season are Beobasket players.

Dookie
08-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Some new candidates for the PG position in Maccabi :

*Jeff McInnis who is supposed to be released from the NETS.
*Will Bynum from the WARRIORS.

Even though McInnis is quite old, I prefer him over all those Planinic/Bynum/Cook.
He is a pure point guard, that can score.

If the planed cease-fire of the Israel-Lebanon Crisis will be executed, I can see McInnis signs with Maccabi, along with Haislip and Mercer.

Minotavros
08-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Jeff McInnis...The Panionios fans have only good things to say about him...
A true classa act on and off the court.

Juan Carlos Nadal
08-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Jeff McInnis...The Panionios fans have only good things to say about him...
A true classa act on and off the court.

Yeah, Gert Hammink still wakes up in the middle of the night having flashback nightmares of McInnis chasing him around the Panionios gym with an iron rod.

Maccabi can't be seriously considering him. He's not a player for their (albeit on the downfall) class.

Dookie
08-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Yeah, Gert Hammink still wakes up in the middle of the night having flashback nightmares of McInnis chasing him around the Panionios gym with an iron rod.

Maccabi can't be seriously considering him. He's not a player for their (albeit on the downfall) class.

You mean he's a top class player for europe or what ?

BTW - The Israeli news portal "ynet.co.il" reports that McInnis' agent offered him to Maccabi and Maccabi only need to get his release from the Nets (which already have a substitute for Kidd - Marcus Williams and are willing to sign Eddie House).

Juan Carlos Nadal
08-05-2006, 07:48 PM
You mean he's a top class player for europe or what ?

Quite the opposite. I meant that he is not a player for a top class team. If it's true that Maccabi is about to sign him then I just hope that all these years in the NBA have changed him both as a player and (even more importantly) as a person.

Dookie
08-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Quite the opposite. I meant that he is not a player for a top class team. If it's true that Maccabi is about to sign him then I just hope that all these years in the NBA have changed him both as a player and (even more importantly) as a person.

He played in Europe before ?

wardjdim
08-05-2006, 07:55 PM

LMAO.
I had forgotten about that :D

woma
08-05-2006, 08:13 PM

Could you write more about this situation - I never heard about it.

Basketball wise Jeff McInnis would be a star in Europe, but I doubt it that he will agree to come, and even if this would happen, probably he would found another way to cause some problems...

Dookie
08-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Basketball wise Jeff McInnis would be a star in Europe, but I doubt it that he will agree to come, and even if this would happen, probably he would found another way to cause some problems...

His agent offered him to Maccabi, so, probably it's under the player's agreement.

FRAGISKATOS
08-05-2006, 09:35 PM
According to rumors Tony Delk is ready to join Panathinaikos.The owners of Pao offer him 1.7$ for one year.Next week Tony Delk will be in Athens and he may sign the contract with Greens.
Therefore, Panathinaikos fills up its roster with a top guard and bring in Europe an outstanding NBA player.

mitsos13
08-05-2006, 10:20 PM
According to rumors Tony Delk is ready to join Panathinaikos.The owners of Pao offer him 1.7$ for one year.Next week Tony Delk will be in Athens and he may sign the contract with Greens.
Therefore, Panathinaikos fills up its roster with a top guard and bring in Europe an outstanding NBA player.
Welcome.Nice nick!:D

What's your sources?

Markoishvili
08-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Giving 1.7million to a 32-year old player, who never played in international competition is ridiculous, even more so because how motivated he will be to give his best in "2nd league" when he was 10 years in the NBA (see Kenny Anderson, Travis Best, Robert Pack...). Hopefully this is not true, they should rather use that money on player like David Hawkins.

Markoishvili
08-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Where did you get that info ? The official signing of Rashad Wright was already announced by Telindus Oostende on june 21st. and on july 22th the transfer was confirmed by his agency (Beobasket http://www.beobasket.co.yu/eng/vest.jsp?id=7505). Almost all Oostende players for next season are Beobasket players.

It was said in Croatian sports newspaper - Sportske novosti, that Wright didn`t sign for Oostende afterall. There was no specific information about reason for it.

Dookie
08-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Giving 1.7million to a 32-year old player, who never played in international competition is ridiculous, even more so because how motivated he will be to give his best in "2nd league" when he was 10 years in the NBA (see Kenny Anderson, Travis Best, Robert Pack...). Hopefully this is not true, they should rather use that money on player like David Hawkins.

Same can be said about Jeff McInnis.

EverGreen
08-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Welcome.Nice nick!:D

What's your sources?

http://www.betsmart.gr/mainsite/modules/news/article.php?storyid=27062

Sources inside Panathinaikos say that there is verbal agreement. Basically though, verbal agreements aren't worth the paper they are not written on.

cheezdoodle
08-06-2006, 12:07 AM
Stuff about McInnis' agent makes a little bit of sense. It's Steve Kaufmann, who works with Andy (Andrew) Vye. They have a LOT of clients overseas. McInnis' reputation might be so burned that they aren't getting any interest whatsoever in the NBA beyond possibly the minimum. If he could go to Maccabi for 1 million for example, he would make twice as much as the NBA and his agents would get a cool 100,000$. Not bad at all.

and by the way, McInnis is still under contract with the New Jersey Nets for next season (like Planinic ironically). They owe him 3.6 million dollars. I highly doubt he is going to give up a dime in the buyout settlement. He shouldn't anyway. The Nets really need that roster spot. Lawrence Frank hates McInnis with a passion. Thinks he's a real cancer. They definitely don't want him back. An article I just read said they offered him 2.5 million to just go way. He said screw you.

Big Lebowski
08-06-2006, 06:54 AM
Rumours about Penny Hardaway and Climamio Bologna.

fulcizombie
08-06-2006, 07:25 AM
They are desperate.2 weeks ago they wanted a PG maybe even 2 PGs and look who they signed:Becirovic and now Delk and neither of them is a PG.

It's all on Diamantidis' shoulders now for Pao.

PHILIPeurobasket
08-06-2006, 07:26 AM
Rumours about Penny Hardaway and Climamio Bologna.

What :p ? Big rumours, really big ....

KokkinosVasilias
08-06-2006, 07:31 AM
At greek site, i think sportime, they say that Delk is a "pure" PG...
Becirovic isnt PG?

elaj
08-06-2006, 07:43 AM
Becirovic isnt PG?
Becirovic is SG/PG, can play few minutes on PG, but he perfers SG.

Roy M
08-06-2006, 07:49 AM
Becirovic isnt PG?

Delk is a hugh name, great player, but not a PG, not at all.

wardjdim
08-06-2006, 07:51 AM
They are desperate.2 weeks ago they wanted a PG maybe even 2 PGs and look who they signed:Becirovic and now Delk and neither of them is a PG.

It's all on Diamantidis' shoulders now for Pao.
Maybe they ll be bringing back Xanthopoulos and use Sani and Delk partially as combo guards.

Sky7
08-06-2006, 08:05 AM
any greece pepole can confirm that tony dallk sign with pana for 1 year?

Trifilli
08-06-2006, 08:22 AM
Some posts here are really funny. PAO was looking for a scoring guard all the time (Zisis was only an exception here as he's a greek NT player), preferably with a good outside shot. What do you think Pargo would've been? A true PG? Same goes for Dixon or Bynum (who has no outside shot though).
Tony Delk is no pure PG of course, he's a very good outside shooter though, plays great defense (important in PAOs system) and he has a good character. Diamantidis will be the main PG as usual, Delk will be used as a combo guard and can bring the ball as well (what do you think he did in the NBA?), and Lakovic and Spanoulis were both no true PGs either. In addition to that you can also play Becirovic on the PG spot for some minutes, he'll be used as a combo guard as well and it's not that he didn't play the position before.

EDIT:
any greece pepole can confirm that tony dallk sign with pana for 1 year?

It's a pre-agreement atm, no contract signed yet.

DZK
08-06-2006, 08:53 AM
Yesterday Becirovic had a great game against Venezuela...he was organizing plays a lot instead of Lakovic...also he pushed the ball down the court for fastbreaks...I was really surprised with his quickness and speed as this was not the case at last EC in Belgrade...if he stays healthy Panathinaikos just made a steal of the season...he reminded me a lot of old times when he played at Olimpija...great vision and great penetration to the paint...his asists were Jason Kidd style.

It looks like he got his confidence back by singing for Panathinaikos and coach Obradovic...I look forward to see if he keeps this level of play all the way through WC.

With Diamantidis and Becirovic Panathinaikos just needs one more guard...it doesn't matter if he is PG or SG...maybe a combo would be better as than anybody can take over playmaking.

wardjdim
08-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Yesterday Becirovic had a great game against Venezuela...he was organizing plays a lot instead of Lakovic...also he pushed the ball down the court for fastbreaks...I was really surprised with his quickness and speed as this was not the case at last EC in Belgrade...if he stays healthy Panathinaikos just made a steal of the season...he reminded me a lot of old times when he played at Olimpija...great vision and great penetration to the paint...his asists were Jason Kidd style.

I was never worried about Sani's talent and skills. He can compete with anyone. What keeps worrying me is his stability..:rolleyes:

Dookie
08-06-2006, 10:33 AM
No links.maybe it will come out later today.but you will have to trust me on this one.maybe i am in Lithuania but i am a Samara fan.

Something new about this rumor ?

qiangdade
08-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Tony delk at 32 for 1,7mil??? great!! I think tony delk makes the steal of the season. Anyways, as mentioned before pao was not looking for a PG but for a scoring combo guard. He and becirovic will play some minutes at PG but diamantidis will probably play 30+ minutes. If delk signs i am not sure if it is a good signing for pao. Desperate times call for desperate measures they say...

elaj
08-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Climamio Bologna keeps building its new roster by signing a 3-year agreement with guard Daniele Cavaliero (188, 22), who arrived from Armani Jeans following the trade that sent center Travis Watson to Milano.

FRAGISKATOS
08-06-2006, 01:33 PM
If Tony Delk sign, i think that will be one of the most important transfers over the last decade. Great NBA career,decent sort and the most important? Still active.
It's true that he is not a pure PG, but i have no doubt that he will make it fine for 10-20 mins as PG. Don't mention his killing long range shoot, his efficacious drive and his strong devensive skills.
Signing Delk PAO will be thunderous offensively, and if you wish to score against devensive players like Diamantidis,Javtokas,Sisko and Delk you will have to pass over their dead bodies.

Roy M
08-06-2006, 01:36 PM
If Tony Delk sign, i think that will be one of the most important transfers over the last decade. Great NBA career,decent sort and the most important? Still active.
It's true that he is not a pure PG, but i have no doubt that he will make it fine for 10-20 mins as PG. Don't mention his killing long range shoot, his efficacious drive and his strong devensive skills.
Signing Delk PAO will be thunderous offensively, and if you wish to score against devensive players like Diamantidis,Javtokas,Sisko and Delk you will have to pass over their dead bodies.

And we have to see, how Obradovic will use fast and offensive team...

EverGreen
08-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Tony delk at 32 for 1,7mil??? great!! I think tony delk makes the steal of the season. Anyways, as mentioned before pao was not looking for a PG but for a scoring combo guard. He and becirovic will play some minutes at PG but diamantidis will probably play 30+ minutes. If delk signs i am not sure if it is a good signing for pao. Desperate times call for desperate measures they say...

Man, you really drive me nuts!!!!

You don't like Delk? A player that has 8 ppg with one of the best NBA teams and points that are not scored in trash-time either!!!

In regards to the money..who cares? It's not out of my pocket. Not only that is you want to bring over players like then, then you have to pay extra. He's ONLY 32 years old. He's coming still at the peak of his career.

IMO this is the best PAO squad assembled ever. There are no weaknesses!!! Diamantidis will play 30 mins, he played that many last year and the reason is because he is key in defence and offence without have to score heavily.

Who'd the hell do we have to sign for you to have confidence? Lebron? Iverson?

The other question is who da feck has a better squad or coach in Europe?

EverGreen
08-06-2006, 01:49 PM

Delk is not 36-38 years old as Pack and Anderson were. He's 32.

Roy M
08-06-2006, 01:51 PM

You don't like Delk? A player that has 8 ppg with one of the best NBA teams and points that are not scored in trash-time either!!!

In regards to the money..who cares? It's not out of my pocket. Not only that is you want to bring over players like then, then you have to pay extra. He's ONLY 32 years old. He's coming still at the peak of his career.

IMO this is the best PAO squad assembled ever. There are no weaknesses!!! Diamantidis will play 30 mins, he played that many last year and the reason is because he is key in defence and offence without have to score heavily.

Just be patience. We need to see all the full rosters and the connection between new players and the coachs system.

FRAGISKATOS
08-06-2006, 01:55 PM
And we have to see, how Obradovic will use fast and offensive team...
I don't think that it's necessary to play fast.They will have no problem to run anywhen is needed but Obradovic won't change his style dramatically.
Don't forget that PAO next season after all will grap the rebounds(something that missed last years) so transition its much easier.

KokkinosVasilias
08-06-2006, 02:26 PM

a quiz...
who's the coach that has won 2 europeans cup in a row and had a 2nd place in the last 3 years?

the last team i recall that made a repeat is... Yugoplastica... wow!! :eek:
that was long and it was a heck of team...
i guess its not that easy for a team to make the repeat...
there are no coaches who are able to do that :D

Arvydas Sitkauskas
08-06-2006, 02:28 PM
According to Russian Press reports,Samara BC agreed to Sell Omar Cook to Maccabi in 450.000 Euros buyout.

Roy M
08-06-2006, 02:39 PM
According to Russian Press reports,Samara BC agreed to Sell Omar Cook to Maccabi in 450.000 Euros buyout.

Links plz.
Yesterday you tald as about it, we need links.

FRAGISKATOS
08-06-2006, 02:42 PM
a quiz...
who's the coach that has won 2 europeans cup in a row and had a 2nd place in the last 3 years?

OK Pini is great but we have to wait to see him outside the borders of Israel and without outsanding players like Parker, Jasicevicius,Baston,Vuicic...

Markoishvili
08-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Delk is not 36-38 years old as Pack and Anderson were. He's 32.

I was not talking about age, but about thier motivation. Delk is coming to Panathinaikos because he will get atleast twice more money then in the NBA. Salary`s in Europe are net, meaning that 1.7$ in Euros is like around 3.5 millions in the NBA, and noone would give him more then veteran minimum which is about 1mil$ - after taxes he gets around 550.000$. So the difference is almost 1.5 million $.

I doubt he will put much effort in making his best way to adjust to the team and European basketball, im positive he will fall into Obradovic`s doghouse, just like Lonny Baxter or Brendan Hunter, they also had decent NBA stats.

This is surely not biggest signing of Panathinaikos in last decade, even not in this summer - grabbing Robertas Javtokas was much more important then this buy, also i would rather have either Becirovic or Siskauskas on my team then Delk if im gonna get Euroleague title.

masterjcy
08-06-2006, 03:06 PM
a quiz...

Obradovic had won the Euroleague in 2000 and 2002 and had a second place in 2001.

Arvydas Sitkauskas
08-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Links plz.
Yesterday you tald as about it, we need links.
It was on TV in RTR SPORTS news update.
Usually it come to their website after some time,so look at here:
http://www.rtr-sport.ru/

wardjdim
08-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Climamio Bologna keeps building its new roster by signing a 3-year agreement with guard Daniele Cavaliero (188, 22), who arrived from Armani Jeans following the trade that sent center Travis Watson to Milano.
Given that Belinelli will leave for Roma, whats the information on Mancinelli? Is he staying or what?
I'd want him in Tau! :p

Roy M
08-06-2006, 03:25 PM
It was on TV in RTR SPORTS news update.
Usually it come to their website after some time,so look at here:
http://www.rtr-sport.ru/

I can't find nothing...if you have a link, plz, bring it.

cheezdoodle
08-06-2006, 03:26 PM
I was not talking about age, but about thier motivation. Delk is coming to Panathinaikos because he will get atleast twice more money then in the NBA. Salary`s in Europe are net, meaning that 1.7$ in Euros is like around 3.5 millions in the NBA, and noone would give him more then veteran minimum which is about 1mil$ - after taxes he gets around 550.000$. So the difference is almost 1.5 million $.

I doubt he will put much effort in making his best way to adjust to the team and European basketball, im positive he will fall into Obradovic`s doghouse, just like Lonny Baxter or Brendan Hunter, they also had decent NBA stats.

This is surely not biggest signing of Panathinaikos in last decade, even not in this summer - grabbing Robertas Javtokas was much more important then this buy, also i would rather have either Becirovic or Siskauskas on my team then Delk if im gonna get Euroleague title.

And we're talking Euros here, not dollars. So 1.8 million Euros equals 2.34 million dollars...NET. That is a lot of money. Almost the equivalent of getting the mid-level exception in the NBA.

Arvydas Sitkauskas
08-06-2006, 03:30 PM
I can't find nothing...if you have a link, plz, bring it.

I have told u! usually it comes to their Internet site after couple of hours.

EverGreen
08-06-2006, 05:13 PM
a quiz...

Please dude, when it comes to counting titles, Obradovic runs out of fingers and toes. He's won 5 Euroleague titles with 4 differant teams so please, leave it. Let's not talk about his acheivements with the NT.

TrapaToni
08-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Arvydas Sitkauskas, do you have link?
Beacuse we cant beleive you until you will bring us the link.
You must understand, you cant advertise something without a sources.

Dookie
08-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Please dude, when it comes to counting titles, Obradovic runs out of fingers and toes. He's won 5 Euroleague titles with 4 differant teams so please, leave it. Let's not talk about his acheivements with the NT.

The last one he won was in 2001/2002.
Pini Gershon is the present, Obradivic is the past.

Arvydas Sitkauskas
08-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Pini Gershon is not even close to Obradovic.Obrabovic has so much titles than Gershon
Obradovic took a European title with Badalona!,things that Gershon didnt do

Juan Carlos Nadal
08-06-2006, 06:19 PM
:rolleyes:

Guys knock it off with the OTs.

qiangdade
08-06-2006, 06:39 PM

Chill man. I never said i don't like delk. I am just not sure a player that has never played in europe before at the age of 32 will fit into a pure european bball playing style team (phew, that was like the longest sentence ever). U can't teach an old dog new tricks, they say. As for the money, of course it's not comming out of my pockets, but i think a month ago we would have gotten a more suitable player for less. Anyway if we sign delk i will wait and see if he fits into the team. If so, it will probably be a great roster (though i prefered spanoulis and lakovic to delk and becirovic).

and to answer your last 2 questions: pao should have gone for macijauskas and imo tau and oly have a better squad and oly has a great coach (i don't think he's better though)

wardjdim
08-06-2006, 07:19 PM
I find Delk's signing the best possible right now.
Panathinaikos is automatically the second best team in Europe rosterwise and when it comes to defense. Tau is #1, but Pana might have a better depth. Look for Obradovic to run the court with Diamantidis at PG, aided by the fine ballhandlers Delk, Becirovic and Xanthopoulos, all of whom will be able to offer significant mins at SG, together with Hatzivretas.
At SF, despite the existence of Papanikolaou and Alvertis (Sakota might be loaned), Panathinaikos has one of the most complete players in Europe in Siskauskas, while they can still play the 3-guard system for some short stretches.
At PF, there are way too many players in Batiste, Dikoudis and Tsartsaris and at center Javtokas will be seeing most mins and will be substituted either by the more elegant Tomasevic or by one of the more defensive-oriented PFs.
In other words, when Diamantidis, Delk, Siskauskas, any PF and Javtokas are on court, Pana is hands down the best defensive team in Europe and one of the best offensive ones.
The issues will be the continuity at PG, the ability of Tomasevic to offer quality mins off the bench, Delk's motivation and the stability of Becirovic in offense.
Although I disagree on the money that Delk will get (especially when Diamantidis gets 1/3 of that amount), I think that Pana is right now a top-2 team and it's still debatable about the 1st place.
Good One Greens!

TrapaToni
08-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Arvydas Sitkauskas, couple passed and you still didnt give us a link improves that Cook is on his way to maccabi.
I hope you are not tring to drive us crazy.

guyOFK
08-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Arvydas Sitkauskas, couple passed and you still didnt give us a link improves that Cook is on his way to maccabi.
I hope you are not tring to drive us crazy.
chill man!!!!!
if somthing will happen we will know about it through our sources here... trust the guy! he don't have ani intrense to "drive us crazy".

p.s:

Any news of Walter Hermann ??

Markoishvili
08-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Walter Hermman is close to an agreement with Charlotte Bobcats.

Minotavros
08-06-2006, 09:26 PM
IMO Delk is a great signing. Only 32, scored about 10 ppg in Detroit, one of the best teams in the world. He was probably not worth 1.8 million but WTF, it's Giannakopoulos team, he wanted to bring a famous NBA player and he did it. It's great from a marketing point of view as well.

The brother did it again....
http://www.vianex.gr/site/Uploads/brothers.jpg

cheezdoodle
08-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Inside Scoop: Nick George, rookie out of VCU has signed with Benetton Treviso. George is a 6-6 SF who played very well at both Portsmouth and the Orlando Pre-Draft camp. He caught David Blatt's eye at the Vegas Summer League playing with the Golden State Warriors. No link yet, so don't ask for it. Extremely intelligent and slightly older college player who can score in a variety of ways and is a superb passer. He has an English passport and is therefore a Bosman signing.

cheezdoodle
08-06-2006, 10:48 PM
It was said in Croatian sports newspaper - Sportske novosti, that Wright didn`t sign for Oostende afterall. There was no specific information about reason for it.

Rashad officialy signed with Oostende today. Cibona was indeed in the picture but he ended up signing with the Belgians.

Dookie
08-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Inside Scoop: Nick George, rookie out of VCU has signed with Benetton Treviso. George is a 6-6 SF who played very well at both Portsmouth and the Orlando Pre-Draft camp. He caught David Blatt's eye at the Vegas Summer League playing with the Golden State Warriors. No link yet, so don't ask for it. Extremely intelligent and slightly older college player who can score in a variety of ways and is a superb passer. He has an English passport and is therefore a Bosman signing.

Another steal by Blatt? like his A. Parker, N. Huffman, N. Vujcic, ETC ?

EverGreen
08-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Chill man. I never said i don't like delk. I am just not sure a player that has never played in europe before at the age of 32 will fit into a pure european bball playing style team (phew, that was like the longest sentence ever). U can't teach an old dog new tricks, they say. As for the money, of course it's not comming out of my pockets, but i think a month ago we would have gotten a more suitable player for less. Anyway if we sign delk i will wait and see if he fits into the team. If so, it will probably be a great roster (though i prefered spanoulis and lakovic to delk and becirovic).

and to answer your last 2 questions: pao should have gone for macijauskas and imo tau and oly have a better squad and oly has a great coach (i don't think he's better though)

Why can't he fit in? Yeah, ok he might travel a few times in the begining. He'll get used to it and and adjust in 2-3 months. Eddie Johnson came at the age of 34 and bombed the hell out of all team (except Real Madrid in the final). 32 is young and in regards to his motivaton he stated to sportime.gr "I'm coming to win it (Euroleague)". His ex-mate Acker will be playing for Olympiakos add to Batiste and other Americans that play in Athens and he won't have a problem company wise because these guys become friends and support each other.

You may have prefered Spanoulis but Spanoulis has now gone to Houston. We're not going to sit around crying about it. Lakovic wanted to leave so he did. So what? The only ever player PAO missed was Bodiroga. Olympiakos offered Macijauskas a 4 year contract worth 2.2 million a year. That's a crap load of money. PAO would have offered him 1 or 2 years. Anyway, The issue with Spanoulis leaving so late and most European quality guards having signed for other clubs brought us to this situation. By all means, Delk is no consolation. Macijauskas is NOTHING compared to Delk and his history. Delk has won stuff, Macijauskas hasn't won anything.

TAU are good, but not better than us.We were pipped by TAU last season due to the fact that Lakovic's (and Diamantidis') shooting was atrocious. We've gone out and signed players in positions we were weak in SF (Siskauskas) and Centre (Javtokas)whilst we also have an extra PF in Dikoudis who can also help at Centre.

In regards to Gerson, ofcourse he's good. But not better than Obradovic.

Markoishvili
08-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Macijauskas is NOTHING compared to Delk and his history. Delk has won stuff, Macijauskas hasn't won anything.

Youre right, Karl Malone is nothing compare to Zan Tabak. Zan has won stuff.:p

FRAGISKATOS
08-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Tony Delk tonight gave an interview to Sportime.gr. He said that "there are still some details but i think that its gonna be ok and I wil sign. I do not know a lot of about Greece but I am really very happy that I meet in my career a new challenge.I am very enthusiastic I will come to work in a new environment with a lot of interesting challenges”
The details that remain have to do with the duration of the contract and a buy out that Delk wishes to be included.(For the next season)
Tony also said that he knows that D.Wilkins played for PAO. "this cannot be accidental. I know and some other great players who played in Greece. Consequently, I am sure that I made a very good choice, because except the other, I have learned PAO's coach is the best in Europe."
When he informed that Alex Acker will play in Greece the news astonished him; "Are you joking? Alex gonna play in Greece?I can't believe it. I didn't have idea.I'm really happy about that!"
About the antagonism between PAO-Olympiakos; " I should revert to the past, in the years of NCAA. But that's the reason I play basketball.I like the challenges and the game.I love it"
About the differences between NBA-Europe; "It seems not difficult for me to play in Europe.I'm very agressive player, I like to score and playing defense as well and generally doing everything in big intensity. However, I know that exist certain differences in regulations but I will soon adapted myself.Day before yesterday, I sate in my couch in order to I see the friendly game of national team of USA with the Puerto Rico that was carried out with the european regulations.I did not want simply to take a idea, but to learn, to be adapted in the new enviroment."
About the final four; "Yes, I know that an important final four will take place this year in Athens. The most important European basketball event.And i'm happy about that.As I mentioned before this is my big challenge.I 'll be there to win the cup. We have to make it!!!"

EverGreen
08-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Tony can nail them ;)

http://www.pistonsdownloads.com/video/delk.wmv

42% from the arc is pretty good shotting considering the arc is .5 metres further out.

I'm excited about this one.

In regards to Markosvilli's comment. What did Macijauskas acheive at TAU? Not even a single league title if I'm not mistaken.

BTW Carl Malone won Olympic GOLD ;)

FRAGISKATOS
08-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Tony can nail them ;)

http://www.pistonsdownloads.com/video/delk.wmv

42% from the arc is pretty good shotting considering the arc is .5 metres further out.

I'm excited about this one.

In regards to Markosvilli's comment. What did Macijauskas acheive at TAU? Not even a single league title if I'm not mistaken.

BTW Carl Malone won Olympic GOLD ;)
Don't mention that Mace had great teamates.(Scola, Noccioni) and he didn't even won the Spanish League!! I supose that he won't go any better with ...Pen and Bourousis

rikhardur
08-07-2006, 02:27 AM
Macijauskas has won:

- LKL Championships with Lietuvos Rytas in 2000 and 2002
- NEBL Championship with Lietuvos Rytas in 2002
- Gold medal at the 2003 Eurobasket
- Spanish Cup with Tau in 2004

;)

cheezdoodle
08-07-2006, 05:44 AM
Another steal by Blatt? like his A. Parker, N. Huffman, N. Vujcic, ETC ?

I wouldn't go that far...its a good signing. George will be a nice rotation player. Steal? We'll see in 2-3 years.

Fortitudo
08-07-2006, 06:25 AM
Given that Belinelli will leave for Roma, whats the information on Mancinelli? Is he staying or what?
I'd want him in Tau! :p

Mancinelli is rumoured in Milan today,Belinelli could land in Rome for 2.5 millions Euro.
I don't think Mancinelli in Milan is a good idea for the player because Milan has already the best italian player in that position (Danilo Gallinari).
Fortitudo is rumoured with Penny Hardaway (don't ask me where the can find money...).

PHILIPeurobasket
08-07-2006, 06:35 AM
Fortitudo is rumoured with Penny Hardaway (don't ask me where the can find money...).

What !? This is unreliable, impossible ...:eek:

Fortitudo
08-07-2006, 06:44 AM

If he comes will be a Nike affair,Fortitudo is a big Nike sponsor just like Hardaway,but it will be difficult.

Dookie
08-07-2006, 08:14 AM
According to Eurobasket, Cibona and Maccabi are after Dee Brown (Illinois, 185-G-84).
It seems like there are ongoing talks of Maccabi with Brown.

http://www.eurobasket.com/cro/cro.asp

KokkinosVasilias
08-07-2006, 08:16 AM
Macijauskas has won:

- LKL Championships with Lietuvos Rytas in 2000 and 2002
- NEBL Championship with Lietuvos Rytas in 2002
- Gold medal at the 2003 Eurobasket
- Spanish Cup with Tau in 2004

;)

see, as it was mentioned Macijauskas has won nothing indeed!!
Delk on the other hand has won many many many...(?) :confused:

"Macijauskas is nothing compare to Delk" ?
I wonder if PAO fans would say the same if they had signed Macijauskas :D

fulcizombie
08-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Pao fans are filling every signings thread with spam.From the constant whining and arguing to a Giannakopoulos picture(????:p :p ).What's the point of going back and forth on "who's a better player??" or "who's a better coach??" or "who has....won more??".I mean,i can understand a comment or two but some people should just let it go.I am reading this thread to learn about SIGNINGS FOR EUROLEAGUE TEAMS,not to feel that i've enetered a Pao forum.

It's pointless really....

Markoishvili
08-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Dalibor Bagaric signed two-years contract with Girona for 3.2 million.

Fortitudo
08-07-2006, 09:02 AM

Good luck Dalibor,all the best !

3.2 million are a lot of money,i can't understand what kind of revenues these teams have.

fulcizombie
08-07-2006, 09:05 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: 3.2 million for Bagaric:eek: :eek:

adebisi
08-07-2006, 09:12 AM
No (no masking please ;)) way! Give me a source to believe it :confused:

elaj
08-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Another bad example how rich clubs overpay their players. Come on... 1.6mio€ for Bagaric / season? :rolleyes:

wardjdim
08-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Damn, where are the good funny smilies when u need them!? Where are they??
:D

Why? Do u believe he is a difference maker?
Then, why wouldnt some richer clubs (Tau, Maccabi, Panathinaikos) sign him?

elaj
08-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Penny Hardaway is old, has bad knees and slow. :rolleyes:

Fortitudo
08-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Penny Hardaway is old, has bad knees and slow. :rolleyes:

I'm not crazy about Hardaway ,he would be a present from NIKE,i'm happy with Hamann and Cavaliero at PGs and Belinelli and Janocenoks at SGs.
I'm afraid if Hardaway come Belinelli is gone.

EverGreen
08-07-2006, 10:36 AM
see, as it was mentioned Macijauskas has won nothing indeed!!
Delk on the other hand has won many many many...(?) :confused:

"Macijauskas is nothing compare to Delk" ?
I wonder if PAO fans would say the same if they had signed Macijauskas :D

Point is despite TAU's massive budget they only won a major title when Macijauskas left. Your talking as if he's Michael Jordan. Diamantidis will tie him up in a knot when the time comes.

Juan Carlos Nadal
08-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Just to let you know know that from now on every reference to a PAO-Oly or Obradovic-Gershon comparison in this therad will be deleted.

adebisi
08-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Just to let you know know that from now on every reference to a PAO-Oly or Obradovic-Gershon comparison in this therad will be deleted.

Totaly agree! It pissed me of already to read such an idiotical posts...
Peace ;)

Markoishvili
08-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Information about Bagaric is from "Sportske novosti", it should get to the internet sites in a couple of hours, i will post link then. From same paper, Toni Kukoc`s interview

"I have three serious offers - Panathinaikos, Maccabi, Real Madrid (around 2.5 million Euros per year). One thing is sure, i won`t return to Milwaukee".

EverGreen
08-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Information about Bagaric is from "Sportske novosti", it should get to the internet sites in a couple of hours, i will post link then. From same paper, Toni Kukoc`s interview

"I have three serious offers - Panathinaikos, Maccabi, Real Madrid (around 2.5 million Euros per year). One thing is sure, i won`t return to Milwaukee".

Can you please post the link of the interview?

Cheers.

Dookie
08-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Maccabi won't offer him a contract, specially not that big.

Roy M
08-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Kukoc to Maccabi? sounds rubbish.

Markoishvili
08-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Can you please post the link of the interview?

Cheers.

There is no website of this paper.

EverGreen
08-07-2006, 11:36 AM
There is no website of this paper.

God that sucks.

Cheers, anyway.

ps Maybe some Croation website has a reference to the story?

elaj
08-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Spahija wants Kukoc, and he is going to meet him sometime this week. The source is Slovenian (http://www.sportnamreza.com/news.php?id=2936), but I think they've just "copied" the news from Croatian media.

Dookie
08-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Spahija wants Kukoc, and that he is going to meet him sometime this week. The source is Slovenian (http://www.sportnamreza.com/news.php?id=2936), but I think they've just "copied" the news from Croatian media.

Do you think it's serious?

cheezdoodle
08-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Ed Cota signed with Hapoel Jerusalem. Expect it to be released officialy in a few days. Comes with very strong recommendations from fellow Israeli David Blatt, who coached him in Russia.

Markoishvili
08-07-2006, 04:38 PM
ACB.com is reporting about Bagaric and Girona, not sure what they wrote, since i dunno spanish.

Arvydas Sitkauskas
08-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Ed Cota signed with Hapoel Jerusalem. Expect it to be released officialy in a few days. Comes with very strong recommendations from fellow Israeli David Blatt, who coached him in Russia.

If its true so its very very very bad signing of Hapoel,What has left in Cota is just the name,no even close to the cota we know two or three years ago,not in shape,Drinks a lot.
I think that he will be released in November after Hapoel will see how is cota now.

Roy M
08-07-2006, 05:45 PM
If its true so its very very very bad signing of Hapoel,What has left in Cota is just the name,no even close to the cota we know two or three years ago,not in shape,Drinks a lot.
I think that he will be released in November after Hapoel will see how is cota now.

By the way: What about Omar Cook?

Arvydas Sitkauskas
08-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Don't know,since the report yesterday nothing had happened,you suppose to know better then me cos u are from Israel.
Are u Jerusalem fan? if yes you are getting Cota that is two levels below the Cota that was three years ago.what did u think when u signed him?????

Sky7
08-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Don't know,since the report yesterday nothing had happened,you suppose to know better then me cos u are from Israel.
Are u Jerusalem fan? if yes you are getting Cota that is two levels below the Cota that was three years ago.what did u think when u signed him?????

Hell no we all maccabi fans :D

TrapaToni
08-07-2006, 06:02 PM
We are maccabi fans not hapoel. Dokkie roy and me.
Can you give us a link of Samara web site?

Dookie

He's one of the biggest haters of Hapoel Jerusalem. :p
Nothing was published in Israel about Cook, we know about him just from you.

cheezdoodle

I think you are exaggerating severely. Cota had one bad season in Europe, but it wasn't like Zalgiris was any better after he left. He is training with the Panamanian national team and everything says he's in fantastic shape and is back to the form that made many consider him the best PG in all of Europe. If its true Jerusalem got one of the biggest steals of the summer. If it isn't, well there will be point guards that fall from training camp in late October/Early November when things cool down in Israel. To get a guy like that for a few hundred thousand dollars when there is an all out war in Israel is quite an accomplishment considering the circumstances.

Any suggestions on who else they should have taken Mr. Jerry West Jr.?

Arvydas Sitkauskas
08-07-2006, 06:06 PM
I have seen Cota enough this season in zalgiris that i can say that,he was terrible.at barca Ivanovic didnt give him a chance and didnt count him.
Cota is just a name.no near that player he was at Zalgiris and DSP.

cheezdoodle
08-07-2006, 06:09 PM
He's one of the biggest haters of Hapoel Jerusalem. :p
Nothing was published in Israel about Cook, we know about him just from you.

Cook is not signing with Maccabi.

cheezdoodle
08-07-2006, 06:13 PM
I have seen Cota enough this season in zalgiris that i can say that,he was terrible.at barca Ivanovic didnt give him a chance and didnt count him.
Cota is just a name.no near that player he was at Zalgiris and DSP.

Sometimes players have bad seasons. For a guy that was 28-29 and on top of the world, it might have been the best thing in the world for him to go through the type of year he just had. Guys like that sometimes need that slap in the face that tells him he can no longer rely solely on his physical attributes and need to go back to the basics of getting in outstanding shape, sharpening the mental game and improving their all around attitude. At age 30 he basically should be at his peak as far as the European game is concerned. This is a very low risk/high reward type signing.

Still waiting for you to tell us which point guard that is willing to come to Israel for that price would have been better...we might be waiting for a while.

TrapaToni
08-07-2006, 06:14 PM
He said that Samara accepted to release Cook to maccabi.
Dont belive it, without a like im not belive.

Dookie
08-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Cook is not signing with Maccabi.

So who is signing with Maccabi? :(
Do you have any names ?

Kasmer
08-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Another name mention with Maccabi, D Brown from Illinois.

Any information about this guy?

cheezdoodle
08-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Another name mention with Maccabi, D Brown from Illinois.

Any information about this guy?

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=126

Highly doubt he is signing with Maccabi. He is a 2-guard in Europe, and he was just drafted by the Utah Jazz. Why would he not go play with them for a year and hold off on the European "dream"?

PHILIPeurobasket
08-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Unicaja Malaga re-signed contract with Polish young prospect Michal Chylinski. Chylinski with be a 3rd guard in Spanich team :)

Good news, another Polish player in strong ACb league :):):)

PHILIPeurobasket
08-07-2006, 07:02 PM
I see that Maccabi and Cibona fight about Dee Brown ...

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/bj_schecter/04/04/title.breakdown/t1_brown_si.jpg

This is very nice guy. I remember him from lats NCAA Final Four (when he play for Illinois) from games against Louisville in semi-final, and North Carolina in final. This player was really very good, I remember that he can good pass to partner, and also good shoot :)

Roy M
08-07-2006, 07:09 PM

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/bj_schecter/04/04/title.breakdown/t1_brown_si.jpg

This is very nice guy. I remember him from lats NCAA Final Four (when he play for Illinois) from games against Louisville in semi-final, and North Carolina in final. This player was really very good, I remember that he can good pass to partner, and also good shoot :)

:) Both teams have something with "Brown". As I remember, both wanted Tierre Brown.... :cool:

PHILIPeurobasket
08-07-2006, 07:15 PM
You can delete it - please click on Edit and then on DELETE ... :)

Roy M -> Kasmer write about D Brown from Illinois :rolleyes:

Dookie
08-07-2006, 07:18 PM
http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=126

Highly doubt he is signing with Maccabi. He is a 2-guard in Europe, and he was just drafted by the Utah Jazz. Why would he not go play with them for a year and hold off on the European "dream"?

He's a second-round pick for the Jazz (#46).
Maybe they don't want to sign him this year, and want to check his development in Europe ?

Roy M
08-07-2006, 07:19 PM
You can delete it - please click on Edit and then on DELETE ... :)

Roy M -> Kasmer write about D Brown from Illinois :rolleyes:

I know, that exactly what did I mean. D. Brown and Tierre Brown for both teams.

elaj
08-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Benetton Treviso signed Nick George.

PHILIPeurobasket
08-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Ha'aretz - Maccabi Tel Aviv coach Neven Spahija spoke with Sarunas Jasikevicius a few days ago and has made no secret of his desire to see the Lithunian return to the team.

"If there's even a tiny chance that he would move from Indiana to Maccabi, then I want him," Spahija said. "Which coach wouldn't want Jasikevicius on his team? I spoke to him two days ago and we discussed his situation at Indiana. Obviously, he's not happy; everyone knows that. But it isn't only up to us, because he isn't a free agent."

elaj
08-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Montepaschi Siena signed Lonny Baxter.

cheezdoodle
08-07-2006, 08:23 PM
So who is signing with Maccabi? :(
Do you have any names ?

There are quite a few...

Unfortunately I am not allowed to say any of them quite yet.

Dookie
08-07-2006, 08:25 PM
There are quite a few...

Unfortunately I am not allowed to say any of them quite yet.

But, There are ongoing talks, right?

I only know about McInnis, Mercer and Haislip from the Media in Israel.

TrapaToni
08-07-2006, 08:34 PM
cheezdoodle, the players who you talking about are already singned with maccabi or they are in talks?

cheezdoodle
08-07-2006, 08:39 PM
cheezdoodle, the players who you talking about are already singned with maccabi or they are in talks?

Sorry, I meant there are quite a few candidates. No one has signed anything yet as far as I know. Maccabi is hoping the impending cease fire in a few days helps them out. Not sure how much it will change. If 2 weeks go by with no bombings, things might get a little easier on them. Can't see that happening right now, but lets hope I am wrong and lets not get into politics here.

woma
08-08-2006, 02:38 AM

Philip, I understand that you don't know Dee Brown and have to rescue yourself with copying picture and text from polish boards - but at least you could mention, that this text was copied and "translated" from one polish board, and it isn't your personal opinion - http://forum.e-basket.pl/viewtopic.php?t=21561&start=280

TrapaToni
08-08-2006, 03:43 AM
Sport websites in Israel said that Toni Kukoc is on his way to maccabi.
The 36 years old center would prefer maccabi rather than Panatanikos and Real Madrid beacuse of Maccabi coach Neven Spahija, they are both Croatian.

sashikas
08-08-2006, 05:10 AM
The 36 years old center would prefer maccabi rather than Panatanikos and Real Madrid beacuse of Maccabi coach Neven Spahija, they are both Croatian.
Center???

PHILIPeurobasket
08-08-2006, 05:14 AM
Something about Dee Brown... D Brown is 3rd guard in Utah Jazz, so he will probably didnt go to Europe.

Another transfer in Akasvayu Girona - Spanish team sign contract with Dalibor Bagaric. I think that this mean that club will say "bye bye" to Roberto Duenas...

Ram
08-08-2006, 07:22 AM
lol, unless its on one.co.il the leading il portal it is only a roumer,and Toni Kukoc at C position??????
again a romuer and again another day...even maccabis head couch knows that the final roster is what hell have to do, which means 99.9% of the name drops are just to make the players in the subjacet wanted in europe and higher there rate value...when in fact nothing is true,maccabi could never sign a player this year even if god himself would come and help them.

Roy M
08-08-2006, 11:18 AM
http://www.krepsinis.net/news.php?news_id=66601#cform

http://www.basketball.ru/news/lenta/2006/08/08/news_8723.html

Links about Vanterpool and D brown.

Arvydas Sitkauskas
08-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Vanterpool has a contract a CSKA for next season.

Dookie
08-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Vanterpool has a contract a CSKA for next season.

BS like Omar Cook to Maccabi ?

Arvydas Sitkauskas
08-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Too much Isrealis here........and it gives me a headache.
Its not a Maccabi disscussion - its European disscussion,90% of posts here are about Maccabi.
Dont know what u want from me? it was in RTR Sports so u cant say that i lied.
Vanterpool has another year in his contract.

TrapaToni
08-08-2006, 11:50 AM
What RTR Sports said about Maccabi?

Dookie
08-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Its not a Maccabi disscussion - its European disscussion,90% of posts here are about Maccabi.

Vanterpool's contract is 1+1.
It's not clear who has the option to continue the contract (the player or the club), but for sure - his contract is 1+1.

Arvydas Sitkauskas
08-08-2006, 12:26 PM
1+1 is right.but CSKA had till 20 of July to decide if they want him and they did.

Roy M
08-08-2006, 12:53 PM
1+1 is right.but CSKA had till 20 of July to decide if they want him and they did.

http://www.cskabasket.com/news/?a=news&go=2&year=2006&month=07&lang=en

No, they did not, yet. If they did it, they would published it in their official web, as they wrote about all the other signings.

rchos7
08-08-2006, 12:59 PM
according to sportime.gr tsakalidis is thinking in signing contract with dynamo.

Markoishvili
08-08-2006, 01:00 PM
With Lorenzen Wright gone, starting spot is Tsakalidis to lose, i doubt he would consider returning back to Europe at the moment.

PHILIPeurobasket
08-08-2006, 01:02 PM

101% right :( I also didnt want see all posts about Maccabi ... if you want talk about Maccabi You have Israel Basketball room - I dont know why nobody talk here :confused:

Sorry but I also have a headache:(

Arvydas Sitkauskas
08-08-2006, 01:08 PM
There are Forum Managers here who needs to do their work.ever 2 posts here are:"Any news about players that linked to Maccabi" " Maccabi wants to sign this and Maccabi wants to sign that"
its annoying.go to the Israeli forum and write all u want about Maccabi.come here when players are already signed.if u dont have anything other than writing about Maccabi so dont write!.
And for Mr Roy M.i know "a little bit" about Russian basketball............i follow it everyday........so dont come here and say rubbish(sorry for that word).
Now can someone send me a Headache pills

Roy M
08-08-2006, 01:10 PM
I've read somewhere, that Roberto Chiacig will play in Valencia. Is it true?

guyOFK
08-08-2006, 01:16 PM

Tough I'm an Israeli too I totaly agree. Some ot those who joind this forum done that only to get access to media sources from the US and Europe Just to know who are the candidates for M.TLV and Not of true intrest in European market news.
any way let's go back on-topic.

guyOFK
08-08-2006, 01:23 PM
There are Forum Managers here who needs to do their work.ever 2 posts here are:"Any news about players that linked to Maccabi" " Maccabi wants to sign this and Maccabi wants to sign that"
its annoying.go to the Israeli forum and write all u want about Maccabi.come here when players are already signed.if u dont have anything other than writing about Maccabi so dont write!.
And for Mr Roy M.i know "a little bit" about Russian basketball............i follow it everyday........so dont come here and say rubbish(sorry for that word).
Now can someone send me a Headache pills

And some other thing, it's no doubt that Maccabi is an item which make lots of rumoures this offseason... keep it in mind when your sayin [:"Any news about players that linked to Maccabi" " Maccabi wants to sign this and Maccabi wants to sign that"
its annoying.go to the Israeli forum and write all u want about Maccabi]

Ho and by the way... if you didn't know: It's a rumoures thread.

Juan Carlos Nadal
08-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Well, given that Maccabi is an EL team there are no grounds to prevent discussion on their transfers in this thread. The fact that there is a disproportional amount of posts about them compared to other teams has mainly to do 1) with the large number of israeli posters in here as well as 2)with the numerous attempts they have (or allegedly have) done to sign players unsuccesfully which still keeps them in the hunt, when other teams have almost finished their rosters.

Neozyrus
08-08-2006, 01:34 PM
I've read somewhere, that Roberto Chiacig will play in Valencia. Is it true?

That's the first new i've heard about it, as far as i know, they are looking for a center to replace Miralles while he's injured, so it would be only temporal, so maybe if chiacig agrees to play for just a couple of months could be a possibility, but by the moment, it seems that the main options are others.

qiangdade
08-08-2006, 01:35 PM
With Lorenzen Wright gone, starting spot is Tsakalidis to lose, i doubt he would consider returning back to Europe at the moment.

I agree. He's still under contract plus he had a nice second half of a season last year. He will probably be seeing more playtime next year so i see no reason for him to leave.

ps: why dows dynamo want to sign him anyway? They have papadopoulos. It would ruin their chemistry if they had 2 centers who want to see lots of playtime.

Roy M
08-08-2006, 01:47 PM
That's the first new i've heard about it, as far as i know, they are looking for a center to replace Miralles while he's injured, so it would be only temporal, so maybe if chiacig agrees to play for just a couple of months could be a possibility, but by the moment, it seems that the main options are others.

I thing that I saw it in 24sec.net, in the rumours forum.

Roy M
08-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Tierre Brown signed with Napoli. Great signing!

PHILIPeurobasket
08-08-2006, 05:44 PM
All transfers from Spanish ACB ---> http://www.acb.com/mercado.php

Btw -> official news from Murcia. Kevin Thompson sign contract with Polaris Murcia.

elaj
08-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Aris Thessaloniki signed Brock Reichner.

rikhardur
08-08-2006, 06:08 PM
TAU is reportedly interested in signing New Jersey Nets' Zoran Planinić.

ziv
08-08-2006, 08:18 PM
my main man - yarone arbel approve the report regarding tsakalidis.
it seems stragne too but i'll take a wild guess and say that after the WC papadopoulos might sign for a nba team. are there any ruomrs in greece about him seriously thinking about joining the nba?
the man adds that another so-called former nba player - podkolzin is about to join khimki.

cheezdoodle
08-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Steven Smith Has His Suitors Abroad, But Seeks NBA

The agent for former La Salle forward Steven Smith denied an Internet report yesterday that his client was close to signing with a team in Croatia.

However, Steve Mountain added that a number of teams in Europe and Asia have made his client "magnificent offers," including organizations in Russia, Greece, Italy, Turkey and Korea.

The Web site probasketballnews.com said yesterday that Cibona, a team in Croatia, "may be close" to signing Smith.

Still, the wish of the 6-foot-9 Smith, a Philadelphia native, is to play in the NBA, and Mountain is trying to fulfill that wish.

"He doesn't want to go" overseas, Mountain said. "He wants to be in the NBA. These offers [from international teams] mean more money, but he wants to play in the NBA. That could change, but we hope this gets resolved."

Mountain said he is trying to get as much guaranteed money as possible for his client with an NBA team. He said the 76ers remain one of several candidates for Smith's services.

Smith, a Northeast High graduate, was not selected in the NBA draft, but he impressed officials from NBA teams with his play in summer leagues for both the Sixers and the Golden State Warriors . He averaged 15.3 points in six games for the Sixers in the Rocky Mountain Revue

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41843/20060808/steven_smith_has_his_suitors_abroad_but_seeks_nba/

TrapaToni
08-09-2006, 06:12 AM
The Maccabi managmant wants to sing up Charls Smith , the one who played last year at Efes Pilsen and Portland.
Smith has agreemnt with Real Madrid but they are not singed up yet.
Neven Spahija rejected to sing Ron Mercer and Jeff McInnis that wanted to come to Maccabi.
Dee Brown is going to Uta Jaz and will not come to Maccabi.

Arvydas Sitkauskas
08-09-2006, 06:52 AM
Again Maccabi!!? Mr Trapatoni,since you came here u just talk about Maccabi,Go to the Israeli forum and talk about your team.he is not a Maccabi Forum but a European forum.for the last month you all sayin that players are signing in Maccabi and agreed terms but noting had happened.so please,Cut the --- (No masking please. JCN) and or talk about European basketball too or go to the israeli forum and come here just when maccabi signs somebody.

PHILIPeurobasket
08-09-2006, 07:10 AM
talk about European basketball too or go to the israeli forum and come here just when maccabi signs somebody.

yes, yes, yes ... Exactly !!!

caaprius
08-09-2006, 07:44 AM
Maccabi is Euroleague team, as far as I know. this is Euroleague Signings and Rumours Vol.3 thread, so why can't he post here?

elaj
08-09-2006, 08:13 AM
The Maccabi managmant wants to sing up Charls Smith , the one who played last year at Efes Pilsen and Portland.
Smith has agreemnt with Real Madrid but they are not singed up yet.
Neven Spahija rejected to sing Ron Mercer and Jeff McInnis that wanted to come to Maccabi.
Dee Brown is going to Uta Jaz and will not come to Maccabi.
Charles Smith has the contract for 2006/2007 season with Real Madrid!

TrapaToni
08-09-2006, 08:18 AM
Charles Smith has the contract for 2006/2007 season with Real Madrid!
No, he didnt sing there. check ACB.

EverGreen
08-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Tony Delk is officially a Panathinaikos player.

He sent back the contract signed and PAO have just announced it.

http://www.sportime.gr/basket_inside.asp?article_id=26254

Welcome to Greece, Tony!!! :)

A great signing and a great roster this year. The PAO president said that this years budget is the biggest ever!! Dunno, but must be close to 12-13m euros!!!

CG
08-09-2006, 08:43 AM
Tony Delk is officially a Panathinaikos player.

He sent back the contract signed and PAO have just announced it.

http://www.sportime.gr/basket_inside.asp?article_id=26254

Welcome of Greece, Tony!!! :)

A great signing and a great roster this year. The PAO president said that this years budget is the biggest ever!! Dunno, but must be close to 12-13m euros!!!

i think much more than 13mil...
PAO, TAU, Barca, CSKA, OLY are building great teams.Along with Efes Maccabi and maybe Dynamo will be the best in a tough euroleague

wardjdim
08-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Now Panathinaikos' depth and defense will be really scary this year..

CG
08-09-2006, 09:02 AM
Now Panathinaikos' depth and defense will be really scary this year..

If Delk is so good defender as they say PAO would probably have the best defence this season

FRAGISKATOS
08-09-2006, 09:04 AM
I agree that PAO's budget is bigger than 12-13. We have release now Tomasevic or Scepanovic.

FRAGISKATOS
08-09-2006, 09:12 AM
If Delk is so good defender as they say PAO would probably have the best defence this season

J.Dumars said yesterday " He is a very tough defender.But I'm sure that it's not the reason the Greeks signed him"

CG
08-09-2006, 09:12 AM
I agree that PAO's budget is bigger than 12-13. We have release now Tomasevic or Scepanovic.

IF one of them will be released i believe that PAO will go for another signing but i dont think that both of them will be released finally

KokkinosVasilias
08-09-2006, 09:28 AM
in the greek league you can have a maximum of 6 foreign players
so one of them will able to play only in euroleague

TrapaToni
08-09-2006, 09:33 AM
in the greek league you can have a maximum of 6 foreign players
so one of them will able to play only in euroleague
How much foreign players have Panatanikos ?

CG
08-09-2006, 09:36 AM
J.Dumars said yesterday " He is a very tough defender.But I'm sure that it's not the reason the Greeks signed him"

We all knew that Lacovic was unstable as shooter and Spanoulis even if he is excellent inside driven he is not the best 3 points shooter.PAO had this prbm against TAU and those 2 months.Terrible scoring from the paint.DELK is extremely good shooter.Whoever watches NBA knows that.But the most important reason that is famous is that plays for the team and not for himself as Solomon many times did last year.

FRAGISKATOS
08-09-2006, 09:38 AM

Scepanovic,Tomasevic,Sisko,Javtokas,Delk,Batiste,S ani=7

CG
08-09-2006, 09:42 AM

Delk and Batiste americans
Skepanovic
Tomasevic
Beicirovic
Siskauskas
Javtokas

i think i must agree with that.Probably Skepanovic will leave...or he will stay one year in order to be euroleague champion IF PAO takes the cup

FRAGISKATOS
08-09-2006, 09:52 AM
We all knew that Lacovic was unstable as shooter and Spanoulis even if he is excellent inside driven he is not the best 3 points shooter.PAO had this prbm against TAU and those 2 months.Terrible scoring from the paint.DELK is extremely good shooter.Whoever watches NBA knows that.But the most important reason that is famous is that plays for the team and not for himself as Solomon many times did last year.

I think the roster now is balanced. Last season the front line was poor, especially when Tomasevic and Femerling were injured.
So great that we'll grap the rebounds!

qiangdade
08-09-2006, 10:32 AM

No way we should release tomasevic!!! We need 2 centers finally for a season

qiangdade
08-09-2006, 10:35 AM
great spelling guys. From Panatanikos to Skepanovic and Beicirovic. Lmao!:D

Roy M
08-09-2006, 11:02 AM
I must ask something...
You all angree, maybe you right, that we ask ans write to much about Maccabi...

but in the same time, you make this Thread to a Pao discussion, aspacially, that Pao roster is close and no more rumours about them.

It is Thread about Euroleague teams and rosters, why should'nt you make it their?