Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepe Sanchez to retire?

La última asistencia de Pepe Sánchez

Will he play for Bahia Blanca next season or already retire this summer?
    "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Originally posted by DanMajerle View Post
    La última asistencia de Pepe Sánchez

Will he play for Bahia Blanca next season or already retire this summer?
    I don't think so, the article makes reference to his hometown, not the club.
    It's a pity he retires. He's still only 31, he could play a couple more seasons for sure. I guess he was very displeased with Real Madrid and Plaza's attitude towards him. It's a saddened farewell I'd say.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

What happened to him this season? Just two years ago he was doing so well. I guess I haven't followed him, but how can things change that suddenly?
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
        What happened to him this season? Just two years ago he was doing so well. I guess I haven't followed him, but how can things change that suddenly?
        He had a conflict with Real Madrid's coach. He had been promised minutes and an important role on the team, but that didn't happen. Worse than that, Sergio Llull started being used over him to an extent he didn't play a single minute for games in a row. Sánchez ended up being released.
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

He has been saying for a while that his body couldn't keep up with high-level competition, that's what had caused him to retire form the NT after 2006 and also had said so during his season in Barcelona (also because of Dusko's physical demands). So i think he'll retire, because if his body is the reason behind all of this, i don't see him enjoying the extense wear and tear of an Argentinean season like Montecchia or Espil do.

Plus, he already has his future set, since he owns the Argentine license for AND1.
          Last edited by alermac; 04-16-2009, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Please send him to Nancy, they desperately need a PG!
            It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Wow, that's really disappointing to read that he was so under-utilized by Plaza. Sánchez is a fantastic player and a veteran of many years. I mean, Llull over Sánchez? Sorry, but I can't support a player whose name I can't pronounce.
              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Wow, that's really disappointing to read that he was so under-utilized by Plaza. Sánchez is a fantastic player and a veteran of many years. I mean, Llull over Sánchez? Sorry, but I can't support a player whose name I can't pronounce.
                To help you: Lyulyh
                It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Sorry, but I can't support a player whose name I can't pronounce.
                  San-shess. It is rather easy.

Comment

Its pronounced lyul (more or less)
                    I KISS BASKET

Comment

Originally posted by robbe View Post
                      San-shess. It is rather easy.

Comment

Too bad. Dirty Sanchez is one of my favourite 'players'.

Comment

he's my fave player too...
                          Pinoy Basketball Addicts are here --> http://www.pbaddicts.net

Comment

Maestro de maestros...

Biografía completa de Juan Ignacio "Pepe" Sánchez en la Selección Nacional tras el anuncio de su retiro.

Base de la selección argentina de baloncesto de 1998 a 2006. Entre sus principales logros se destacan la conquista de la medalla de oro en Atenas 2004, y ser...
                            Last edited by jugoplastika; 08-03-2009, 11:45 AM.
                            sigpic
                            ACB league
                            Scola & Ginobili 4 life
                            TAU & Lakers supporter
                            need4sheed.com

Comment

From Matt Walsh's Euroleague diary:

My favorite college player of all time was Pepe Sanchez, the great PG from Argentina, who played his college ball at Temple University, and later played for some of the best teams in Europe. He's hands down the best passer I've ever seen at any level, including the NBA.
                              That's quite a compliment considering the likes of Jason Kidd, Chris Paul, Pablo Prigioni....

Stuart
                              http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
                              http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
                              http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information