PDA

View Full Version : What should I see in Riga?

re5pectas
08-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Hi, on Saturday I'm going to visit Riga, what is really worth to visit? Great places, pubs, anything else? Wich beer should I really try(this one is important :) )?
Maybe some photos? :)
Thanks.

adebisi
08-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Hi, on Saturday I'm going to visit Riga, what is really worth to visit? Great places, pubs, anything else? Wich beer should I really try(this one is important :) )?
Maybe some photos? :)
Thanks.
I was in Riga in September, and what I realy liked are Zaku icland and Jack Daniels Pub (somwhere in oldtown, dun remember exact adress), BTW all oldtown is picteresque. Have a good time! We'll be waiting for fairings :D

YYY
08-03-2006, 08:45 PM
I also was in Riga last year. Can't tell you much about pubs because it was a school trip, though concerning beer, I think it is quite similar to Lithuanian. I can just second adebisi's advice, you should definately see the old town of Riga, they have some really neat looking buildings there. ;-)

adebisi
08-07-2006, 08:21 AM
That's me with the vocalist of folk-metal band Angis in Riga ;)

adebisi
08-25-2006, 12:33 PM
So re5pectas, tell us everything! :) how was your trip? did you enjoyed it? what can you say about the beer, girls, architecture, night-life etc? :)

davidmorgen19
05-28-2010, 10:41 AM
If your looking for something a little extra than a walking tour or some old museums you are sure to find it at Riga.This is one of the main advantages of Riga over other European or Baltic cities. Riga has the both the historic merchant past and the old world charm of the Nineteenth Century and has a look and feel somewhat like Paris. Some have even refereed to Riga as the "Paris of the north" ! To add even more charm, Riga has many great and relaxing city parks that are exciting during all seasons! Patricia Tourist Office offers custom guided excursions of Riga, Sigulda, Krimulda, Jurmala, Cesis, Rundale and more.

You must visit at Riga's Opera house is just plain fantastic - what more can I say! You not only will marvel at the building but the performance as well! The park adjoining the Opera house is my second favorite place to sit an just enjoy!