PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2009

Jan van Grabski
03-24-2009, 08:36 PM
i can't believe we still dont have a thread on this "huge" event :rolleyes: :D The contest is going take place in MOSCOW (hello Putin) on 12-16 May.

There are only several songs that caught my attention:

American entry with kinda catchy song Miss Kiss Bang Bang, they could do rather good.
feKOA4Rs3vE

Cute and romantic Norway
jTdndLFY3W0

Magnificent Patricia Kaas, France is going rather big ....
2yHSmbNX7BI

Now to all greek posters if they have any intentions to come here and spam on how good the greek entry is...please, dont. The song sucks big time, it hurts me to listen to this cheap pop. Ok, the guy is cute. I admit. But that's basically it.

So what do you think ? Who could win this year ?

mvblair
03-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Bart Simpson will take it all this year.
Q2QonuzKLTs

Juan Carlos Nadal
03-25-2009, 03:42 AM
Of course you couldn't resist mentioning the Greeks again. You love them don't you? Is your Greek colleague still pissing you off? I agree that the Greek song is pretty bad...

I have not listened to all the songs yet but my vote so far goes to Bosnia, without a question.

_AptrIcPQRA

Do you seriously like the French entry? It's gonna finish so rock bottom it will even trail to the British one. It's simply not for this kind of competition. The Norwegian is a bit cutesy but all over the place. As for the German one... i did not expect anything else from a country whose best contribution to the music industry has been this:

4IbPGxYWS_k

Gosh, I'm such a hater :D

Demarr
03-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Estonia's entry:

bEsK9KfMG9k

Jan van Grabski
03-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Of course you couldn't resist mentioning the Greeks again. You love them don't you? Is your Greek colleague still pissing you off? I agree that the Greek song is pretty bad...

With greek colleague we are getting along just fine. I started to piss him off as well, and it seems i am good at this..since a week ago he officially declared that he hates me. I am thinking to request being moved to another room, cause i dont know how much longer i can stand to sit together with PAO fan.

Do you seriously like the French entry? It's gonna finish so rock bottom it will even trail to the British one. It's simply not for this kind of competition.

Patricia Kaas is popular in ex-Soviet Union. I believe she could really get good points.

vaslover
03-27-2009, 02:04 AM
Ups... I,m sorry for a little arrogant attitude about myself, but i could,t imagine that,s possible to discuss so f...ng event on interbasket. I give you 99,9% that we,ll get 1-st place again, because of idiotic rules, because of our neighbors connection. And all DECEIVED Europe eventually will see on this FARCE...

rikhardur
03-27-2009, 02:12 AM
Ups... I,m sorry for a little arrogant attitude about myself, but i could,t imagine that,s possible to discuss so f...ng event on interbasket. I give you 99,9% that we,ll get 1-st place again, because of idiotic rules, because of our neighbors connection. And all DECEIVED Europe eventually will see on this FARCE...
Eurovision is already a tradition at IBN, impossible to skip it :D

Mindozas
04-06-2009, 01:04 PM
I love eurovision, very very much :D of course not musicwise :), but in terms of betting, one the best events ever (along with olympics). Epecially I remember DJ Bobo and his vampire song "not to qualify to the final", odds were huge for that and I was just damn sure that he won't be there, so made great profit on that :)

This year, well, yesterday I was at one girl's house and she's just crazy about eurovision, so her PC played all songs from this year's ESC for a few times probably and as much as I've heard it, there's not a single song which I liked. Actualy, every year there are a song or few, which I like and even download, but this year there's none.

Didn't see performances yet, so hard to make any conclusions about possible favorites, but I hope this year again will be profitable :) Sometimes you need to hurt your eyes or ears a little bit to make your life better :)

robbe
04-06-2009, 02:22 PM
American entry with kinda catchy song Miss Kiss Bang Bang, they could do rather good.
feKOA4Rs3vE
Actually, that is the German entry. :D
I find it incredibly annoying.

It would surprise me if there was an American entry in the Eurovision song contest. Or did I miss something?

The Eurovision song contest is always a nice occasion to improve the immigrant integration process. Turkey ... Germany, 12 points! That must make everyone happy.

Jan van Grabski
04-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Actually, that is the German entry. :D
I find it incredibly annoying.

Well of course i know this is german entry, but the singer comes from US as far as i understand....btw, i wonder if he has german citizenship ?

better annoying than boring.

worldbasketball
04-08-2009, 04:33 AM
A very typical and catchy tune would be the Azerbaijani entry "Always" by Aysel and Iranian-Swedish pop singer Arash (full name Aeash Labaf) who wrote the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmA82DlI-Pc

--

Probably in Russia the organizers will be delighted with Arash peforming in Moscow as he is known to have Russian hits with local stars:

Arash ft. Blestjashie - Temptation in Russian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5eRoFqkh3I

Arash feat. Anna Semenovich-Na Morya in Russian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvHG90TLKR4

The most recent hit of Arash is a collaboration with Shaggy called "Donya":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXnal1jHyGM

worldbasketball
04-08-2009, 04:50 AM
A song that everybody will talk about is the Hebrew / Arabic / English song Israel is putting forward "There Must Be Another Way" by Israeli-Yemeni Noa and Israeli-Arab Mira Awad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN8B1xvCxI0

The song has also its Hebrew and Arabic titles as well Einaiych / Aynaki (Your Eyes)

Billy Bounce
04-08-2009, 03:15 PM
A song that everybody will talk about is the Hebrew / Arabic / English song Israel is putting forward "There Must Be Another Way" by Israeli-Yemeni Noa and Israeli-Arab Mira Awad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN8B1xvCxI0

The song has also its Hebrew and Arabic titles as well Einaiych / Aynaki (Your Eyes)

Not a bad song, at least it's not sweety pop stuff from 80s that Eurovision is famous about :p .... still I hope some Lordi-style group will show up this year :D

BTW Noa got some ties with bbl: she was the main music performer during Euroleague Final Four 2004

worldbasketball
04-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Not a bad song, at least it's not sweety pop stuff from 80s that Eurovision is famous about :p .... still I hope some Lordi-style group will show up this year :D

BTW Noa got some ties with bbl: she was the main music performer during Euroleague Final Four 2004

She also has connections with Mira in an older song, a Beatles cover "We Can Work It Out" (not an official video though, so beware....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn12wcZaZF8

She also sings a beautiful Hebrew Arabic version of Lennon's "Imagine" with Algerian rai singer Cheb Khaled (also unofficial video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6_PsxotOrQ

Noa's real name is Achinoam Nini

IcanScore
04-11-2009, 01:22 AM
europe should make a pan-european gay festival, something called 'queerlympics' every 4 years or so and stop using eurovisionn and music as a cocealed gay festival.

i want some electronic pop in eurovision. my favorite singer is gadir bulatov. he can handle the azeri flute like a true man, filling all the holes at once with his hairy muscular fingers. i love him.

worldbasketball
04-21-2009, 03:30 PM
I find the Montenegro entry very Eurovision. It is by Andrea Demirovic and called "Just Get Out Of My Life"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw0fCiccd9U&feature=channel

Billy Bounce
04-29-2009, 06:10 AM
She also has connections with Mira in an older song, a Beatles cover "We Can Work It Out" (not an official video though, so beware....)
She also sings a beautiful Hebrew Arabic version of Lennon's "Imagine" with Algerian rai singer Cheb Khaled (also unofficial video)

Noa's real name is Achinoam Nini

Yea, I know :p

BTW It's not simple "Israeli-Yemeni Noa and Israeli-Arab Mira Awad"

Noa spent most of her life in New York ( from age 2 ) , so it's more "American-Israeli-Yemeni"

Mira Awad mother is Bugarian , her father is Israeli Arab , she lives in Tel Aviv , but considers herself Palestinian , so she's kind of "Israeli-Arab-Bulgarian-Palestinian"

It makes their duet "American-Israeli-Yemeni -Israeli-Arab-Bulgarian-Palestinian" :eek:

Billy Bounce
04-29-2009, 06:33 AM
By the way, I've checked out ESC2007 entries ... not all of them, of course , but Balkan/Baltic/West Europe countries

Here is my totally biased and subjected as hell opinion :

12 Portugal
10 Bosnia Herzegovina
9 Estonia
8 Malta
7 Slovenia

bNYBYH3bZFI

Portugal entry is simply terrific : a colorful and very emotional mix with an authentic ethnic touch

Bosnia Herzegovina is good , build for the win , although I can't rid of the feeling that I've already heard it somewhere . :p

Estonia entry is very refreshing, just a little bit cold

worldbasketball
04-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Yea, I know :p

BTW It's not simple "Israeli-Yemeni Noa and Israeli-Arab Mira Awad"

Noa spent most of her life in New York ( from age 2 ) , so it's more "American-Israeli-Yemeni"

Mira Awad mother is Bugarian , her father is Israeli Arab , she lives in Tel Aviv , but considers herself Palestinian , so she's kind of "Israeli-Arab-Bulgarian-Palestinian"

It makes their duet "American-Israeli-Yemeni -Israeli-Arab-Bulgarian-Palestinian" :eek:

So we would expect 12 points for the Israeli entry from Bulgaria at least for "There Must Be Another Way". One of the singers, the beautiful Mira Awad, has Bulgarian origins... well partly... LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mXWYHdBoUU

For me, this remains a truly beautiful song.

viridianus
05-03-2009, 10:07 PM
I've heard pretty much all the songs on youtube, and I have to say that the level is unbelievable low, aboove all if compared to last year edition...not too bad the bosnian song, but all in all, my preferences go to the serbian one, "Cipela" (shoe) ,played by Marko Kon!

worldbasketball
05-10-2009, 11:44 PM
An absolute favourite of mine would be the Portugal song by Flor de Lis called "Todas As Ruas Do Amor". This charming video is not official but seeing this scenery with the Portuguese music makes an awesome song even more impressive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_EXeeAACwA

Must be.... "Quando a saudade me abraça" as she says in the song LOL That is what must have happened to me... Just pretty song and beautiful instrumentation.
---

This year's favourite seems to be Norway's Alexander Rybak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J9niYt4XJw

But his voice for some peculiar personal reasons gets on my nerves although I must admit it is an extremely good song if it were sung by somebody else and he just played the instrumental part... That's what I think

Billy Bounce
05-12-2009, 03:45 PM
An absolute favourite of mine would be the Portugal song by Flor de Lis called "Todas As Ruas Do Amor". This charming video is not official but seeing this scenery with the Portuguese music makes an awesome song even more impressive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_EXeeAACwA

Must be.... "Quando a saudade me abraça" as she says in the song LOL That is what must have happened to me... Just pretty song and beautiful instrumentation.

It's my favorite too , despite the fact that it's always Portugal who spoils Israel NT Eurobasket chances :rolleyes:

BTW , today @ 21:00 CET is 1-st Semifinal . Don't miss this significant event :D

Juan Carlos Nadal
05-12-2009, 10:24 PM
I watched the second half of the 1st semi. In fact I opened the livestream just when Bulgaria had started their song. Man, I was laughing so hard. That was horrible! Who came up with that thing? Thank Rudy we didn't make it to the final so noone would have to listen to that eardrum murderer again...

I was a bit disappointed by my favs (Bosnia). I was expecting a more dynamic stage presence. The choice of white outfits wasn't a good one I think. They should have stuck with the same as in the video clip. I was also expecting more red flags :D I still hope that they win though. Ah, and what was the deal with the Nazi haircut?

I also happened to fall in love with the Icelandic bird. Maybe it was the fact that she came right after Bulgaria's toxic waste of a song that made me perceive hers as an angelic one. I totally dig her.

The FYROM boys were very retro, and props to them for insisting singing in their *cough* ours *cough* language. That's what I like about the ex yugos. Hear that Slovenia and CG? :p

Also, how many more times will we see Chiarra in EV? I mean, she is good but is there really such a shortage of singers in Malta?

I live for the day that Portugal will not send a ballad to EV.

Why do I swear that I have heard the Finnish song before?

Did I mention that I have a crush on the Icelandic bird?

JGX
05-13-2009, 02:06 AM
So I caught some of this on channel 275. WTF was with the costumes the Czechs were wearing? Even more ridiculous than Bulgaria IMO.

qiangdade
05-13-2009, 02:16 AM
I just hope you know that russia is gonna win again. And if not someone from the eastern bloc or greece... (i guess you know the reasons...)

qiangdade
05-13-2009, 02:23 AM
europe should make a pan-european gay festival, something called 'queerlympics' every 4 years or so and stop using eurovisionn and music as a cocealed gay festival.

i want some electronic pop in eurovision. my favorite singer is gadir bulatov. he can handle the azeri flute like a true man, filling all the holes at once with his hairy muscular fingers. i love him.

post of the year

Juan Carlos Nadal
05-13-2009, 02:48 AM
So I caught some of this on channel 275. WTF was with the costumes the Czechs were wearing? Even more ridiculous than Bulgaria IMO.

The guy was self-portrayed as the "SuperGypsy" (hence the "SG" on his chest). I think you can take it from there... :D

Lietuvis
05-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Again I am disappointed with the Lithuanian entry and I dont expect him to pass the first round.

:mad:Why oh Why do we always select the sad :confused:stupid songs that just put people to sleep? Noone likes this rubbish and we should be selecting positive and happy type music. Whether you like it or not our best entry a few years ago was "We are the Winners" which is the type of song you need for this competition,. something new, catchy and POSITIVE! Since then nothing...

Anyway seems the Lithuanian entry was going to drop out as he is not allowed to use the lightning he wants or show the video backdrop he prepared. Then at least he wont be embarrased when he fails in the semi final tomorrow.

We should just put in the Olialia Pupytes each year ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaj5Zm9bBJk

At least we wont be shamed with 1950 type songs from Sasha again making us look like an old communist country still..

Jan van Grabski
05-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Did I mention that I have a crush on the Icelandic bird?

I certainly agree that she had very good performance ...much better (the song and the girl) than turkish nude diva. I cant believe people are actually voting for such trash songs. nothing against turks, i actually liked their entry last year. but it just irritates me that a country comes with such kind of music and then gets good points just because they have huge minorities in all European countries. not fair.

T.W.Is.M.
05-14-2009, 08:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaj5Zm9bBJk

At least we wont be shamed with 1950 type songs from Sasha again making us look like an old communist country still..

I definitely agree.
Or alternatively u should send them again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-fAe7SwdqE
Believe it or not, I actually enjoyed this one, as I don't take all this feast too seriously.

Billy Bounce
05-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Again I am disappointed with the Lithuanian entry and I dont expect him to pass the first round.

Anyway seems the Lithuanian entry was going to drop out as he is not allowed to use the lightning he wants or show the video backdrop he prepared. Then at least he wont be embarrassed when he fails in the semi final tomorrow.

You're too pessimistic about Lithuania. You're in the final, and you know what .. Sasha Son totally deserved to be there.

The only disappointment that Slovenia and Ireland are out , I loved their entries :(

Lietuvis
05-15-2009, 05:07 AM
You're too pessimistic about Lithuania. You're in the final, and you know what .. Sasha Son totally deserved to be there.

The only disappointment that Slovenia and Ireland are out , I loved their entries :(

Amazing, I just watched on on youtube and he did well. I havent seen the other entries and this morning I stand corrected.

Gytaz
05-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Damn, I liked Irish girls the most, what a shame... Anyway, congrats to Sasha Son and other finalists. ;)

Jan van Grabski
05-15-2009, 05:37 PM
i believe it could be quite possible that lithuanian singer got a jury vote. His performance was very good, competent and very good vocal. While the song is a bit boring for eurovision competition, so i dont expect that he received a lot of televotes. In comparison so called favorites didnt do so well. Sakis had brilliant dance performance (i was watching with my mouth open, he should switch to sports) but at times you could hear his voice very barely, back singers voice was more prominent. Maybe it was some technical problem. and norwegian guy had super terrible performance - out off tone, out of breathe, with the broken violin.

T.W.Is.M.
05-15-2009, 06:51 PM
i believe it could be quite possible that lithuanian singer got a jury vote. His performance was very good, competent and very good vocal. While the song is a bit boring for eurovision competition, so i dont expect that he received a lot of televotes. In comparison so called favorites didnt do so well. Sakis had brilliant dance performance (i was watching with my mouth open, he should switch to sports) but at times you could hear his voice very barely, back singers voice was more prominent. Maybe it was some technical problem. and norwegian guy had super terrible performance - out off tone, out of breathe, with the broken violin.

I was wondering the same thing while listening 2 the greek song(actually that was the only part of the show I watched until the results). At first I figured the backing singer was gonna cover a possible heavy breath from the dance routine. But then I thought he has been doing such things 4 years, in fact he did even more in the 2004 contest, so I can't understand why.
Anyway, my support goes 2 Azerbaidzan 4 their female singer!:D

Olympiakos
05-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Eurovision contest is fucked up for years now. At least if they wanna promote this as a serious (and hence fair) song contest they have to change its structure.

g.g
05-16-2009, 02:44 AM
For me is Turkey all the way...am going to vote for them. Is pretty cool song and sexy presentation, especially after few pints....

The Greek song is SHITE but the dance and production is mind blowing- way ahead of the rest- I bet they would get lots of points just because of that.
Anyway, VIVA TURKIA...;)

KWSN-Men
05-16-2009, 07:09 AM

Sakis was a long jump champion as a teenager.

CG
05-16-2009, 01:16 PM
since i am this year prediction champion mark my words :D
i am not a fan of eurovision but i am watching it the last 5 years not closely but at least i watch the final.This year i managed to watch most of the songs from you tube.So i think the best song by far is NORWAY.cause of the following facts
1.Bueatiful music and rythm.
2.nice lyrics
3.theatrical production from singer and the dancers
4.has history behind it.many people from internet know it.and know why this song was written..its a true story.i mean has attached many people and their voting..

so for me this is the best and the favorite

but on my back of my mind there is another...no its not Greece:D but a part of an island..cant you guess..ENGLAND

see you after;)

qiangdade
05-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Sakis was a long jump champion as a teenager.

i thought it was pole vault.
Anyway a note to sakis:

It's not your night!
FLY, back to greece, baby...

auris1
05-16-2009, 02:59 PM
I love eurovision.
I know it is all wrong ,but the voting is really mesmerising .Plus here in Uk we had Terry Wogan with his “ I don’t believe we have zero points again “ and this year - camp G Norton which is reason to watch on its own.
I did not watch qualifiers per se apart Lithuanian entry, which honestly surprised me (it was not bad at all) and I noticed some hot chicks which is always on a plus side .Estonian entry was good but I watched that on youtube .for this very special occasion I even bough home cinema kit, but unfortunately my second half did not appreciated – she has this disapproving look this very moment as I type. Still, sacrifices to be made.

Mindozas
05-16-2009, 03:17 PM
since i am this year prediction champion mark my words :D
i am not a fan of eurovision but i am watching it the last 5 years not closely but at least i watch the final.This year i managed to watch most of the songs from you tube.So i think the best song by far is NORWAY.cause of the following facts
1.Bueatiful music and rythm.
2.nice lyrics
3.theatrical production from singer and the dancers
4.has history behind it.many people from internet know it.and know why this song was written..its a true story.i mean has attached many people and their voting..

so for me this is the best and the favorite

Wow, what a unexpected prediction :p

Actualy, I see everyone sees Norway as a favorite (people, bookies), a really strong favorite, but don't know, probably he'll win, but the song sucks, singer is poor too, it shows only how poor this year's contest is compared with older ones. I'm only glad that Lithuania will sing first, then I will be able to skip all others and to turn it on only before votings :)

Billy Bounce
05-16-2009, 03:49 PM
For this very special occasion I even bough home cinema kit, but unfortunately my second half did not appreciated – she has this disapproving look this very moment as I type. Still, sacrifices to be made.

I hope your name is not Shahid Malik :p :D The guy paid dearly for his home cinema ...

Billy Bounce
05-16-2009, 04:01 PM

Actually, I see everyone sees Norway as a favorite (people, bookies), a really strong favorite, but don't know, probably he'll win, but the song sucks, singer is poor too, it shows only how poor this year's contest is compared with older ones. I'm only glad that Lithuania will sing first, then I will be able to skip all others and to turn it on only before votings :)

Actually i don't know who influence who : all the chances the folks that placed their bets in bookies for Norway win will vote for Norway , who was named as favorite by the very same bookies ... kinda positive loopback :eek:

Let alone the song, but it looks like Norway is a safe bet: Nordic block ( Sweden, Denmark , Iceland, Finland ) will vote cause "I can see Norway from my house", Ex-USSR countries ( Ukraine, Belarus, Russia ) will vote because of the singer's origin ... I just hope national judges won't spoil my analysis :p

re5pectas
05-16-2009, 05:50 PM

Actualy, I see everyone sees Norway as a favorite (people, bookies), a really strong favorite, but don't know, probably he'll win, but the song sucks, singer is poor too, it shows only how poor this year's contest is compared with older ones.

Totally agree!!! :D
But I hope, that changes in voting system (juries) will affect eurovision in positive way!

I hope Norway won't win, neither Greece (ranked 2nd by bookies! :eek:), with thier pathetic song...

CG
05-16-2009, 06:05 PM

Actualy, I see everyone sees Norway as a favorite (people, bookies), a really strong favorite, but don't know, probably he'll win, but the song sucks, singer is poor too, it shows only how poor this year's contest is compared with older ones. I'm only glad that Lithuania will sing first, then I will be able to skip all others and to turn it on only before votings :)

lol :) i guess so:D
it seems you never falling in love :D

re5pectas
05-16-2009, 08:30 PM
<...> and norwegian guy had super terrible performance - out off tone, out of breathe, with the broken violin.
And it is broken AGAIN in the final!!! Cm'on!!! This song sucks!
I personaly liked Estonia's or Bosnia&Herzogovina's songs much more :rolleyes:

elaj
05-16-2009, 10:27 PM
I just puked a little, just from watching the votings. :rolleyes:

worldbasketball
05-17-2009, 06:50 AM
First I didn't like some of the eliminations which were also done by biased votings. There were real good songs there too. But were eliminated and we didn't have a chance of hearing them.

I always wonder, if there was a panel of 100 all experts and professionals and they all voted for all the 42 songs in a complete order 1 to 42, and then the final results were tabulated, what would the result be?

For this year's winner Alexander Rybak, he is a one-hit wonder if the voting countries even play it, that is. The only future Rybak may have would be in Norway, Sweden and possibly Russia and Belarus. The rest of the world will just ignore him.

Billy Bounce
05-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Funny finals,

Turkey entry was simply destroyed by mixing : back vocal levels lowered to zero and the girl herself were struggling to perform belly dance while singing ... not that it influenced the usual diaspora voting :D

Norway win is a "f#cking disgrace" (c) , I can't believe Israel gave 12 points for this kind of shit.

Iceland was the best, despite the song itself is pretty average, the girl definitely knows how to perform live. Just overwhelming performance :eek: , powerful mix of her mighty vocal with strong emotions

Greece was a way overrated Name me Greek hater , but i can't call that dance on the coffin "brilliant dance performance" :p

Argentinean water show at the end was pretty entertaining , pity it wasn't a part of the competition :cool:

CG
05-17-2009, 10:14 AM
is it me that i liked Norway song or is my imagination :D

guys i think you are harsh with him.Ofcourse the majority was at least mediocre but you have to admit that Alexander was not disgrace.Otherwise i think most of you are hearing opera :D and you are judging eurovision level (and mostly the european level) with it.This is a show and you must judge the winner from the whole pachage not only from the voice..
this year the best pachage won in a show called eurovision which most of the times the best songs are loosing cause of other purposes..

a gift from me to wash your anger :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th64DNaEXwY

and in my case...i won my fairytale :D

T.W.Is.M.
05-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Norway was a combination of Harry Potter and Vanessa Mae! I don't like Harry Potter, I like Vanessa Mae, but the singer wasn't playing the violin on stage, therefore I don't like him. And no, I don't listen 2 the opera, I listen 2 much worse things(in terms of quality), still I didn't like him. In fact I preferred Finland and Lithuania who finished in the bottom 2 places 2 Norway who won.
In order 2 convince anybody that I'm not a fan of high quality in this contest I'll say that if I ever voted(which I don't of course), yesterday I would definitely vote 4 Aysel...I mean Azerbaijan! 4 various reasons...:cool:

edit: It's obvious that Norway scored the most 3-pointers and that's why they won according 2 my infamous theory about 3-point shots!:D

CG
05-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Norway was a combination of Harry Potter and Vanessa Mae! I don't like Harry Potter, I like Vanessa Mae, but the singer wasn't playing the violin on stage, therefore I don't like him. And no, I don't listen 2 the opera, I listen 2 much worse things(in terms of quality), still I didn't like him. In fact I preferred Finland and Lithuania who finished in the bottom 2 places 2 Norway who won.
In order 2 convince anybody that I'm not a fan of high quality in this contest I'll say that if I ever voted(which I don't of course), yesterday I would definitely vote 4 Aysel...I mean Azerbaijan! 4 various reasons...:cool:

edit: It's obvious that Norway scored the most 3-pointers and that's why they won according 2 my infamous theory about 3-point shots!:D

bro you choose again the losers :D thats why PAO will prevail in Piraeus one more time.you are always with the wrong side:D

Mindozas
05-17-2009, 03:35 PM
it seems you never falling in love :D

Actually I did yesterday :o and her name is Yohanna, you might know her from ESC'09, she's from Iceland :)

God damnit, how the hell I missed her performance in semis :confused: I knew the song before contest, but didn't see performance before, song looked like typicall love song (and don't get me wrong, I like love songs, I'm romantic guy :o .... sometimes) and didn't catch my attention tooo much, but what the hell happened yesterday, don't know, everything about Iceland performance was so great, so well balanced: Yohanna, song, theme, surroundings, decorations, EVERYTHING. It just caught my attention sooo much, amazing. Only bad thing was that Sakis Rouvas was the next one to perform, so he spoiled my true and deep romantic feelings that caught me by surprise. But what the hell, sh*t happens :D Luckily, I was quick to find remote control.

I can only say: is it true? is it over? :o :D

P.S. and yeah, Norway song still sucks :p Iceland was waaaaay better and actually only performance, which I liked and liked really really much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVqrF-oTUc8

CG
05-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Actually I did yesterday :o and her name is Yohanna, you might know her from ESC'09, she's from Iceland :)

since i am dating Aysel
http://esc-gr.blogspot.com/2009/05/azerbaijan-aysel-arash-always.html
from yesterday :D (keep dreaming :D ) we can go outside as couples:D:p

SunOverHStreet
05-17-2009, 11:55 PM
And it is broken AGAIN in the final!!! Cm'on!!! This song sucks!
I personaly liked Estonia's or Bosnia&Herzogovina's songs much more :rolleyes:

I'm not fond of esc, as a matter of fact, but I watched it last night with my friends. We all agreed that Estonia and Bosna had the best songs in the competition, without the doubt...

Azerbaijan's entry reminds me of allbalkan musical act for clubs named ENIGMA with hot drunken chicks... And me with them.:D
T.W.Is.M. knows his business...

Mindozas
05-18-2009, 09:08 AM
since i am dating Aysel
http://esc-gr.blogspot.com/2009/05/azerbaijan-aysel-arash-always.html
from yesterday :D (keep dreaming :D ) we can go outside as couples:D:p

It might be a nice idea, cause tbh Aysel is 2nd in my "ESC top-girls" list. I'd like to know her better :o the only thing that bothers me, is that Arash might come too, he's always there to spoil everything, like previously with russian hottie Anna Semenovich or in performance with Aysel. How he doesn't understand that he could be perfect as back-up singer or smth and don't ruin the picture :D and I think that it could cost Azeris a 2nd place atleast :D

Btw, maybe anyone is dating Hadise from Turkey (yea yea, she is the 3rd one from my list :o )? triple double date would be also very interesting :D

worldbasketball
05-18-2009, 09:48 AM
It might be a nice idea, cause tbh Aysel is 2nd in my "ESC top-girls" list. I'd like to know her better :o the only thing that bothers me, is that Arash might come too, he's always there to spoil everything, like previously with russian hottie Anna Semenovich or in performance with Aysel. How he doesn't understand that he could be perfect as back-up singer or smth and don't ruin the picture :D and I think that it could cost Azeris a 2nd place atleast :D

You probably mean in the song Na Morya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvHG90TLKR4

But then this was not the first ever that Arash had spoilt Anna Semenovich for when Anna was in Blestjashie he spoilt them all in "Wastotshnije Skaski"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Csy4lhryf4

And he had spoilt Rebecca in an even earlier "Temptation":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfdAX8n6UbA

To Arash's credit though, he is the one who wrote the song for Aysel anyway, and he is not just an Iranian-Swedish intruder but I heard he is of Persian-Azeri origin, so it was a huge pleasure for him to contribute to Azerbaijan

If you really want to see Anna Semenovich or Aysel you can always pick any of their other songs... Arash will not show up...

LOL

CG
05-18-2009, 12:45 PM

Btw, maybe anyone is dating Hadise from Turkey (yea yea, she is the 3rd one from my list :o )? triple double date would be also very interesting :D

dont bother about Arash...he has elsewhere business....maybe better than our :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4FpxJyjbDk

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXSwyuCO9e0 :D (by the way i never figured out why TV parties have always women only :D no that i have problem with..)

i have a dozen people who would like to date Hadise :D so we wont have problem.I will bring a friend ;):p:D

as about Arash...guys the man every year is being played in every big or small summer beach party and club around the world.in what he does he is good.maybe he is poor singer as you say but he is certaintly a popular figure

T.W.Is.M.
05-18-2009, 02:19 PM
bro you choose again the losers :D thats why PAO will prevail in Piraeus one more time.you are always with the wrong side:D

My pick was actually Azerbaijan and u know one of the 2 reasons 4 this!;)
Anyway, we'll c about that...:cool:

CG
05-18-2009, 03:15 PM
My pick was actually Azerbaijan and u know one of the 2 reasons 4 this!;)
Anyway, we'll c about that...:cool:

the first reason i think i know it...the second...hm dont tell me it was Arash :D i am joking man :Dlol

Mindozas
05-18-2009, 06:31 PM
as about Arash...guys the man every year is being played in every big or small summer beach party and club around the world.in what he does he is good.maybe he is poor singer as you say but he is certaintly a popular figure

Nah, you get me wrong. Arash of course is good as performer, music writer in his range. But hey, it's turning me off, when I see some bald guy jumping around and interrupting a great picture with some hot girl :D

CG
05-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Nah, you get me wrong. Arash of course is good as performer, music writer in his range. But hey, it's turning me off, when I see some bald guy jumping around and interrupting a great picture with some hot girl :D

yea :) i know what you meant now:) totally agree :D

T.W.Is.M.
05-18-2009, 10:17 PM
the first reason i think i know it...the second...hm dont tell me it was Arash :D i am joking man :Dlol

I think u do know the 1st reason.;)
The second one was that I liked that song 4 such a purpose(eurovision song contest). I don't think that such a show needs quality, just entertainment. And this song was good 4 its purpose.