PDA

View Full Version : Contracts for Young Polish Players?

Trener
08-01-2006, 11:51 AM
What are the rules for contracting young Polish players? I am a new scout for an American college and enjoyed watching Jarmakowicz this last week in U18
How are different rules in othe countries such as Croatia or Spain? Thanks guys

elaj
08-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Mateusz Jarmakowicz is already contracted to Benetton as I know.:rolleyes:

Joško Poljak Fan
08-01-2006, 03:28 PM
here aren't many young players available for US colleges in europe due to NCAA rules... the most talented ones prefer Europe infront of NCAA... only country that gets attached to NCAA is Lithuania and maybee France to some limit, but those two are exceptions and ussually NCAA only gets mostly mediocre imports from bball exotic european countries otherwise...

PHILIPeurobasket
08-01-2006, 06:57 PM
In Poland is lot of young good players ... for example guys from my team - Anwil - they are Polish champions :)

If You have any contracts and players names please write to me (Im also bball agent, from AB Agency) - my mail is [email protected] ...

PHILIPeurobasket
08-01-2006, 06:59 PM
In Poland is lot of young good players ... for example guys from my team - Anwil - they are Polish champions :)

If You have any contracts and players names please write to me (Im also bball agent, from AB Agency) - my mail is [email protected] ...

PHILIPeurobasket
08-01-2006, 06:59 PM

PHILIPeurobasket
08-01-2006, 07:04 PM

woma
08-01-2006, 10:54 PM
What are the rules for contracting young Polish players? I am a new scout for an American college and enjoyed watching Jarmakowicz this last week in U18
Just like Elaj did write - Jarmakowicz has a contract with Benetton Treviso, from what I've remember until 2009 or 2010.
It will be hard to find good polish prospects for NCAA - Poland is terrible regarding working with young players, so when players are in 19-21 age, they are worse comparing to their european competitions. Even if some of them are decent, they will always have a chance to sign a decent deal here and get some money, so they won't be interested in going overseas...
And I don't think that bringing 2nd row players from Poland is a good idea - besides in last few years some top polish prospects went to NCAA (like Michal Ignerski in Missisipi State) and results weren't too good, so there is no good atmosphere for sending top polish prospects to USA.
Situation is much more different in countries like Lithuania, Serbia, etc - top players still won't go to NCAA, but these countries are loaded with talent, so for many solid players playing in NCAA is a chance to get a recognition, in Europe, as well in their own country.

Regarding rules - any specific questions regarding this? Because for me it's not clear what you need...

And I wouldn't rely too much on Philip/AB Agency, you can find better sources here...

PHILIPeurobasket
08-02-2006, 04:16 AM
It will be hard to find good polish prospects for NCAA - Poland is terrible regarding working with young players, so when players are in 19-21 age, they are worse comparing to their european competitions.

:D :D :D Woma you are so funny ....

I have lots of young players who want go too US! For example Bartosz Woloszyn, Michal Gabinski .. these guys are from Anwil Wloclawek. I talk with them and I know that they want go to US ... so :)

cheezdoodle
08-02-2006, 05:11 AM

rules...what are those? Since when do NCAA teams listen to rules :D

You either talk to a player at one of these tournaments, you contact his agent (the one he's not supposed to have), or you somehow go through his parents. If he's already at the U-18's I would say its too late at this point. Unless you are UCLA.

Proph·et
08-02-2006, 06:44 AM

I think he's quite right and realistic unlike you. Face it, even top Polish prospects are warming benches on different teams (Lampe, Szewczyk,...), so what gives you a hope somebody will want 2nd grade shitty players that you represent?

PHILIPeurobasket
08-02-2006, 06:55 AM
I think he's quite right and realistic unlike you. Face it, even top Polish prospects are warming benches on different teams (Lampe, Szewczyk,...), so what gives you a hope somebody will want 2nd grade shitty players that you represent?

Lampe and Szewczyk ... there are lot of good others Polish players who play in 1st teams and good leagues!

Michal Ignerski, Kamil Pietras, Miroslaw Lopatka, Krzysztof Szubarga, Lukasz Koszarek, Robert Witka .. lot of others good players!

Proph·et
08-02-2006, 07:03 AM
there are lot of good others Polish players who play in 1st teams and good leagues!

Michal Ignerski, Kamil Pietras, Miroslaw Lopatka, Krzysztof Szubarga, Lukasz Koszarek, Robert Witka .. lot of others good players!
Oh come on P. look at the names, they don't mean a thing to an average European basketball fan. And you get :D :D :D for calling 1.B SKL a good league. Philip you are so funny.

PHILIPeurobasket
08-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Oh come on P. look at the names, they don't mean a thing to an average European basketball fan. And you get :D :D :D for calling 1.B SKL a good league. Philip you are so funny.

European fans didnt know Michal Ignerski !?

Kamil Pietras is the bext player in Slovenia 2nd league, and in Olimpija Ljubljana 2 ...
Miroslaw Lopatka was key player in Hungary. He was star in this league ...
Marcin Gortat is another player who is star in European league - this time Germany ...

elaj
08-02-2006, 08:33 AM
Those aren't stars P. :rolleyes:

woma
08-02-2006, 12:00 PM

I have lots of young players who want go too US! For example Bartosz Woloszyn, Michal Gabinski .. these guys are from Anwil Wloclawek. I talk with them and I know that they want go to US ... so :)
Yeah, Rick Apodaca told you that he will stay in Swiecie, agent of Fletcher told you that he will re-sign in Wroclaw, etc...
Both have multi-year contracts with Anwil and they are going nowhere, especially Woloszyn, who's I've heard is quite good and he should get some playing time this season.

And calling Miroslaw Lopatka a "star" - that's a good one :).

PHILIPeurobasket
08-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Both have multi-year contracts with Anwil and they are going nowhere, especially Woloszyn, who's I've heard is quite good and he should get some playing time this season.

Bullshit ... I talk with him also also with other my friends and they tell me that if they will have chances to play in US club will say nothing to this !!!

And calling Miroslaw Lopatka a "star" - that's a good one :).

Maybe you are blind, but I think that Lopatka was star in Hungarian league in this season ...

woma
08-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Yeah, and I was a star at my playground :). With all due respect to a Hungarians here (are there any) their league is really low level (but they have some good players at their NT) and Lopatka being a top player there, is another prove of this fact. Being the best player in Hungary doesn't make him a star, unless you want to call a star top players from Hungary, Turkmenistan or your playground in Wloclawek, good luck.

And if Woloszyn or Gabinski would like to play in USA, they would be already there - it's not so hard to go there, especially if they would be probably looking at some low level Universities, or they would have to start from JC level, because of their poor english (which is a common thing regarding young polish players)...

PHILIPeurobasket
08-03-2006, 04:51 AM
And if Woloszyn or Gabinski would like to play in USA, they would be already there - it's not so hard to go there, especially if they would be probably looking at some low level Universities, or they would have to start from JC level, because of their poor english (which is a common thing regarding young polish players)...

I dont know, are you stupid :confused: ?

Please tell me what you write!? "because of their poor english (which is a common thing regarding young polish players)..." :D :D :D

elaj
08-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Dear god...

adebisi
08-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Dear god...

exactly the same thing I was thinking about reading this thread :D