Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unbelievable but true, turkey basketball federation don't care about fiba regulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable but true, turkey basketball federation don't care about fiba regulation

UNBELIEVABLE BUT TRUE, TURKEY BASKETBALL FEDERATION DON'T CARE ABOUT FIBA REGULATION

Looking for some infos about youth competitions and youth national teams. Today, I find an unbelievable news.

Three years ago, turkish federation "stole" two young player from Kragujevac (Nikola Janjusevic center 210 1989 and Dusan Gavrilovic center 219 1990) in order to make them play for turkish youth national team. But, during U16 european championship in 2005, serbian officials discovered that Nikola Janjusevic (205 cm tall, at the time) was playing for Turkey under the false name of Orhan Demir. His date of birth was also uncorrect. Later, FIBA decided to forbid both players to play for Turkey.

But this afternoon, I discover that Turkey is trying to get Dusan Gavrilovic in his junior national team. Three years ago, when he obtained false turkish citizenship, he also received a new name (Dogushan Candan Kurtoglu). Gavrilovic is born in 1990. So he is too old to play for turkish junior national team. Not a big issue for turkish federation. They find a solution. They changed Dusan Gavrilovic name and date of birth once again. He is no more Dogushan Candan Kurtoglu (born in 1990), he is now Dusan Cantekin (born in 1992)

quote :
    "das (riesen)talent dogushan candan kurtoglu(90 oder 92, c, 2.19, efes) heißt abjetzt dusan cantekin und hat somit wahrscheinlich entgültig den türk. pass bekommen"
    translation:
    "the talented Dogushan Candan Kurtoglu (born in 90 or 92, center, 219, Efes)
    is now named Dusan Cantekin and received turkish citizenship in a proper manner"

In October, he was called to Turkey junior team training camp.

THIS IS AMAZING, I HOPE FIBA WILL REACT AND PUNISH THE CHEATERS.

Pretty stupid stuff if they did it, especially if to make them play for youth teams. I mean who cares about youth trophies? What's the gain, what's the point?

Even though the amateur guys who follow the youth leagues stated in other places that the false age/identity days are over, I cannot say this is unbelievable, since federation literally sucks in every aspect... The president is there for ages and cannot be beaten in elections somehow despite many alleged misdeeds and obvious stupid actions.

I don't think the basketball community in Turkey is populous or powerful enough to notice or take action for these problems. They are easily beguiled every time by Demirel's politics (obtained wild cards, organizations, etc). I hope Fiba or some other entity kicks his ass.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Those players should also get the blame.. Betraying their country for probably money..

Comment

I guess you lack of background knowledge about that topic.
        Have you heard of the Ottomans?
        When Serbia was ruled by Ottomans (hundreds of years ago BTW) there were many Turks families that moved in that area and lived with local people in peace.They were Turks and Muslims... ever since Serbians discriminated against them and ended up trying to somehow gulped down their culture... (And slaughter many of them in Bosnia); as a obsequies of this actions, Some Turks had moved back to Turkey since 1960s, just like Hedo Turkugu's family did, whose parents were both born in Serbia before moving to Turkey (the country not that delicious thanksgiving meal LOL, sorry for the joke in this so dedicated matter folks, I just couldn’t hold it, anyways), he even speak fluent Serbian.
        Nevertheless, When those families moved back to Turkey(again tha country, DON”T U TRYA B A CLOUN) to their home, there were no such country called Serbia, So they are not considered nor do they called or identified themselves by Serbian (meaning: don’t called them serbinas cuz they’r gonn’ get pissy, even though some are actually called Serbians in turkey(they don’t like it), despite of the fact that much have been born ther’ or hav’ been living ther for a long time already). They were living in peace in Yugoslavia before Serbians attacked the Muslim Turks, killed them and separated them from the country.

Nikola Janjusevic is originally of Turk heritage and is also Muslim...You can not change it or manipulate it...He is proud of it...And Turks are proud of him too. (AND BTW, HE WASN'T STOLEN FROM NO ONE, HE WAS NATURALIZED UNDER FIBA REGULATIONS, AND YES HE CHANGED HE'S NAME BUT FOR RELIGEOUS REASON JUST LIKE MOHAMED ALI OR KARREM ABDUL JABAR DID)
        Last edited by Lewis; 02-26-2009, 02:21 AM.

Comment

I don't think any of the players mentioned are Bosniaks... Any info on that?
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
            I guess you lack of background knowledge about that topic.
            Have you heard of the Ottomans?
            When Serbia was ruled by Ottomans (hundreds of years ago BTW) there were many Turks families that moved in that area and lived with local people in peace.They were Turks and Muslims... ever since Serbians discriminated against them and ended up trying to somehow gulped down their culture... (And slaughter many of them in Bosnia); as a obsequies of this actions, Some Turks had moved back to Turkey since 1960s, just like Hedo Turkugu's family did, whose parents were both born in Serbia before moving to Turkey (the country not that delicious thanksgiving meal LOL, sorry for the joke in this so dedicated matter folks, I just couldn’t hold it, anyways), he even speak fluent Serbian and understand Bosnian too.
            Nevertheless, When those families moved back to Turkey(again tha country, DON”T U TRYA B A CLOUN) to their home, there were no such country called Serbia, So they are not considered nor do they called or identified themselves by Serbian (meaning: don’t called them serbinas cuz they’r gonn’ get pissy, even though some are actually called Serbians in turkey(they don’t like it), despite of the fact that much have been born ther’ or hav’ been living ther for a long time already). They were living in peace under Yugoslavia before Serbians attacked the Muslim Turks, killed them and separated them from the country.

Nikola Janjusevic is originally of Turk heritage and is also Muslim...You can not change it or manipulate it...He is proud of it...And Turks are proud of him too. (AND BTW, HE WASN'T STOLEN FROM ON ONE, HE WAS NATURALIZED UNDER FIBA REGULATIONS, AND YES HE CHANGED HE'S NAME BUT FOR RELIGEOUS REASON JUST LIS MOHAMED ALI OR KARREM ABDUL JABAR DID)

My lack of knowledge about that topic, you kidding right ?

Serbia was occupied by Ottomans for almost 6 centuries. A small number of Turks were still living in former Yougoslavia before the war. Check wikipedia and you will find it. The majority of nowadays Muslims in former Yougoslavia are ethnic slaves converted by all means during the occupation periode (Have you heard about the janissary, Ottoman army corp originally formed by christian boys taken from their families ?)

Don't mix facts from the sixties, when Yougoslavia was a communist country (when every religious activity was almost prohibited by law) and facts from war in Bosnia and Herzegovina in the ninties .It makes you post totally inaccurate.

Turkoglu speaks fluent Serbian and understand Bosnian too. It's the same language, once called serbo-croatian.

Descendants of Slaves converted during Ottoman occupation are not considered as Serbs in Serbia either. They are pejoratively called "Poturice" (the ones who became like turks, who became muslims).

Nikola Janjusevic of turk heritage, you kidding once again. His father is Predrag Janjusevic and his mother is Vesna Despotovic a former basketball player.

If he was naturalized under FIBA regulations, as you say, so why FIBA forbid him to play for Turkey ? .His name was changed to hide the fact that he was from Serbia. So not for religious reasons. However, some sources in Kragujevac (both players involved in the story come from this city), said that becoming muslim was a part of the deal.

So thank you for your silly political post, which has nothing to do with basketball.

PS: Rikhardur, they are not Bosniaks. They are Serbs.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbionGate View Post
              My lack of knowledge about that topic, you kidding right ?
              again
              read my post

when did I say that u didn't have knowledge of the topic?????????????????????
              PLZ don't get me wrong
              I clearly said, that your post lack (not that don't have, look up that word on the dictionary)of background knowledge, and by that I meant that you did't said anythig about why they were doing that, not that you didn't have knowledge of it, look up the word (background) too

Last edited by Lewis; 02-25-2009, 04:34 AM.

Comment

This is something Turkey has done for a long time.

Lets not forget Turksan- Yehovic and Ilyasov- Ilyasova etc
                Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Originally posted by sariss View Post
                  Pretty stupid stuff if they did it, especially if to make them play for youth teams. I mean who cares about youth trophies? What's the gain, what's the point?
                  youth competitions can gain u points which affect the FIBA ranking.

Comment

Do they care of becoming EU members one day? If yes, then they have to adopt/adapt to regulations, let people talk in Kurdkish as well in Parliament, accept the existence of other EU members etc etc....
                    All seeing eye, 666, AntiChrist aka "disagreeing" with his son, etc you name it. NASA-funded rituals disguised as concerts in 2000. Pisces is over. Aquarius "Olympiakos" officially from 2012 until 4000 AD. Major events are about to come. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OysJR2K8cuo

Comment

Yes, we did it in the past, like almost everyone else did (Spain, Russia, Greece, Italy, Slovenia, etc. etc.) Do not act like it is something unheard-of or incredible.

On the days of near-nonexistence, our basketball benefited a lot from these naturalized players. They were not always better than ours but we must thank very much to Mirsad Turkcan, Asim Pars, Nedim Dal, etc. for whatever they contributed. If you noticed these guys are mostly from Bosnia or some Turkic nations (Rasim Basak, Ersan Ilyasova). There was a strong connection of some type all the time (religion, ethnicity, or sympathy), and some of these players played with more passion for the national team than our Turkish guys did.

But nowadays, at this level, we don't need any more naturalization, and the idea is not nice. Especially not in this manner, and not for two apparently mediocre players.

This is just some stupid act by our federation, and I hope Fiba can take it back somehow.

Originally posted by Olympiakos View Post
                      Do they care of becoming EU members one day? If yes, then they have to adopt/adapt to regulations, let people talk in Kurdkish as well in Parliament, accept the existence of other EU members etc etc....
                      Let's not carried away...
                      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Hahahahahhaha, American teaching Serbian about the difference between Serbian and Bosnian language... hahahahhahahaahahahahahaha!!!

AlbionGate, just ignore him. The line when he said "he even speak fluent Serbian and understand Bosnian too" really cracked me up, hahahhahahaa....

Yes, we did it in the past, like almost everyone else did (Spain, Russia, Greece, Italy, Slovenia, etc. etc.) Do not act like it is something unheard-of or incredible.
                        Slovenia never changed the name of the player, birth place, birthdates... it's a difference.

Comment

Well, I can talk about Greece and say that these naturalised players didn't play for Greek Youth teams or any National Teams whatsoever. This was more a ploy from ALL Greek clubs to add good players, in an era when foreigners where more limited than now. Something like the Americans getting EU passports now.

Petza Stojakovic was in Greece since before his 16th birthday and could have easily played for Greece. He is fluent in Greek, most of his friends are Greek and his wife is Greek. I am pretty sure that when he retires, he will stay in Greece. He was also positive about playing for Greece.

Exceptions to this are Sakota and Jankovic. But none of them changed their names and they came to Greece when they where young children and have stayed here ever since. So in my eyes it was just a matter of them chosing, Serbia or Greece would have been a right choice.

Comment

Rasho Nesterović (Makris) also got Greek passport and didn't even play a game in Greece. Back in the day if you were basketball player (he was signed by PAOK, but didn't play there) you could get it like going to the candy shop and buying some sweets.

As for Slovenia... if you have the talent, the skills, the character and the wish to play for our NT, there should be no problems...

Comment

Originally posted by elaj View Post
                              Rasho Nesterović (Makris) also got Greek passport and didn't even play a game in Greece. Back in the day if you were basketball player (he was signed by PAOK, but didn't play there) you could get it like going to the candy shop and buying some sweets.
                              The whole thing was like this:

Some guy would come along and declare to the authorities that he had an affair with the player's mother in the past and he would recognise the child (who happened to be a good basketball player) as his own. Hence the surname (Kinis for Petza, Makris for Rasho, Amanatidis for Savrasenko etc). Quite funny if you think about it.

Originally posted by elaj View Post
                              As for Slovenia... if you have the talent, the skills, the character and the wish to play for our NT, there should be no problems...
                              So I can play too?

Too bad I'm too old now (and already have 2 passports)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information