about cut of the budget in historical teams Fortitudo and Benneton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about cut of the budget in historical teams Fortitudo and Benneton

Hi guys from Italy,I'd like to ask you about sth that made me feel very sad and I believe every true basketball fan in Europe and not only Italy(except Virtus Bologna fans of course).So we all know that the historical Fortitudo Bologna had difficulties finding a sponsor for this season and they stated that they are thinking of using a team made of youngsters next year.They allready have lost many of their elite players like Lorbek,Becirovic and there are rumors everyday about their best home players Bellineli and Mancinelli.Of course this would be embarassing for such a historical team.So I was quite happy to hear some days ago about the signing of Jasicenoks but of course this is not enough to build a team of Euroleague level.

All looked very pessimistic about the future of the club,until tonight there was a true explosion!!!I heard that Fortitudo changed lately their managment board(I think the general manager was Alibegovic) and the new board announced the signings of 3 great players,the well known Preston Shumpert and Vasco Efthimov and the tremendous rebounder of the minor leagues,James Thomas.Of course I'm really happy about that but I also have a big question.What have changed in the economical status of the team?Did they finally found a new sponsor?I really hope this happened because with these 4 signings and if they manage to keep Mancinelli and Bellineli they will have a very challenging team.

So pls inform me about the economical status of Fortitudo.Also,while Fortitudo's future looks brighter,the things are quite bad about the champion Benneton.I heard that the sponsor decided to cut the budget and the signings so far are dissapointing(Nelson,Lyday,Booker???) except Gigli,key players have left(Nicholas,Siskaukas,Bargnanni) and surely the team will be weaker next year.

I just hope that the fact of 2 historical teams cut their budget is not a general phaenomenon in Italian basketball.I hope so because on the other hand,some teams are speding money and are making good singings like Napoli,Roma and Sienna.Anyway,I'm waiting for your information.Ciao!

Originally posted by the_black_planet
    Hi guys from Italy,I'd like to ask you about sth that made me feel very sad and I believe every true basketball fan in Europe and not only Italy(except Virtus Bologna fans of course).So we all know that the historical Fortitudo Bologna had difficulties finding a sponsor for this season and they stated that they are thinking of using a team made of youngsters next year.They allready have lost many of their elite players like Lorbek,Becirovic and there are rumors everyday about their best home players Bellineli and Mancinelli.Of course this would be embarassing for such a historical team.So I was quite happy to hear some days ago about the signing of Jasicenoks but of course this is not enough to build a team of Euroleague level.

All looked very pessimistic about the future of the club,until tonight there was a true explosion!!!I heard that Fortitudo changed lately their managment board(I think the general manager was Alibegovic) and the new board announced the signings of 3 great players,the well known Preston Shumpert and Vasco Efthimov and the tremendous rebounder of the minor leagues,James Thomas.Of course I'm really happy about that but I also have a big question.What have changed in the economical status of the team?Did they finally found a new sponsor?I really hope this happened because with these 4 signings and if they manage to keep Mancinelli and Bellineli they will have a very challenging team.

So pls inform me about the economical status of Fortitudo.Also,while Fortitudo's future looks brighter,the things are quite bad about the champion Benneton.I heard that the sponsor decided to cut the budget and the signings so far are dissapointing(Nelson,Lyday,Booker???) except Gigli,key players have left(Nicholas,Siskaukas,Bargnanni) and surely the team will be weaker next year.

I just hope that the fact of 2 historical teams cut their budget is not a general phaenomenon in Italian basketball.I hope so because on the other hand,some teams are speding money and are making good singings like Napoli,Roma and Sienna.Anyway,I'm waiting for your information.Ciao!

Fortitudo changed property this summer,Seragnoli was a rich boss but tired after 13 years and sold the team to Martinelli (not rich like Seragnoli).
    Basketball don't produce revenues in Italy because low money from Tv rights (soccer gets all the money).
    Fortitudo will have this year a lower budget (6-7 million Euros) and must not be red at the end of the season (Fortitudo earns 2-3 millions from attendance and 2-3 millions from sponsors,low money for Tv rights and more money from merchandising).
    Fortitudo cannot lose money anymore so will build less competitive teams.
    Next year i think Fortitudo has good chances to play in italian playoffs and Top 16 with new additions,but we are less ambitious.
    I hope to see Belinelli and Mancinelli confirmed.
    http://www.fortitudobologna.it/

Faber quisquis fortitudinis suae.

Comment

and the new board announced the signings of 3 great players,the well known Preston Shumpert and Vasco Efthimov and the tremendous rebounder of the minor leagues,James Thomas.
      Vasco Evtimov is just an average 205 cm tall 110 kg person playing bball... NOT a great player by any means in anyway under any circumstances.

I hope Fortitudo will stay on their feet, something is missing in european bball without teams from Bologna...
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

OK Vasco has many weak points in his game but his effort and mentallity are good and his career speaks by his own that he is at least a positive player for any team.Anyway,I forgot to mention Bluthendal who is for sure a very good player,although a difficult character to deal with,as I've heard.But my friend Fortitudo,could you tell me what the team is thinking to do with Diawarra?He is a great talent,better than Mancineli in my opinion and it will be good both for him and for the team to stay 1-2 more years in Europe and to be a leader.What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by the_black_planet
          OK Vasco has many weak points in his game but his effort and mentallity are good and his career speaks by his own that he is at least a positive player for any team.Anyway,I forgot to mention Bluthendal who is for sure a very good player,although a difficult character to deal with,as I've heard.But my friend Fortitudo,could you tell me what the team is thinking to do with Diawarra?He is a great talent,better than Mancineli in my opinion and it will be good both for him and for the team to stay 1-2 more years in Europe and to be a leader.What do you think?
          Diawara signed for Denver ,500.000 $ from Denver to Bologna for buy-out.

btw Fortitudo should be competitive with a lower (but not so low) budget :

Hammann
          Cavaliero
          Belinelli
          Mancinelli
          Bluthental
          Thomas
          Janicenoks
          Ress
          Schumpert
          Rombaldoni
          Bruttini

We won't reach Final Four ,but i think we are competitive.
          http://www.fortitudobologna.it/

Faber quisquis fortitudinis suae.

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
            Vasco Evtimov is just an average 205 cm tall 110 kg person playing bball... NOT a great player by any means in anyway under any circumstances.

I hope Fortitudo will stay on their feet, something is missing in european bball without teams from Bologna...
            I was just noticing Matiz's hangup on Vasco Evtimov, he really must be jelous of him! I suppose he didn't notice that he averaged the most double -double's in the Italian league once he arrived as well as leading rebounder and third in overall evaluation, maybe that's what an ignorant slovenian would call AVERAGE!!! Because so many other players can do this!

Comment

Originally posted by mallen
              I was just noticing Matiz's hangup on Vasco Evtimov, he really must be jelous of him! I suppose he didn't notice that he averaged the most double -double's in the Italian league once he arrived as well as leading rebounder and third in overall evaluation, maybe that's what an ignorant slovenian would call AVERAGE!!! Because so many other players can do this!
              naaah... maybee it's just I watched him for sth. like 20-30 games last season and just know what he is capable of and how he influences the game, some things that can't be seen through stats, but that's something you won't understand anyway
              I won't say "I told you" within less than a year when most Fortitudo fans will be pissed on him, given that he'll play more than 10 minutes per game... so I'm saying this now: I told you
              Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 09-08-2006, 05:24 PM.
              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information