Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the Singapore Slingers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of the Singapore Slingers?

they crushed Ginebra who were w/o Caguioa, Helterbrand, Menk, Valenzuela, and Reavis
    they beat TnT in a scrimmage by 5
    they beat Purefoods by 8
    they beat an undermanned Air21 team twice

they were beaten by a jason castro-led pbl selection...

Comment

well for me their name is a misnomer since the team is more Australian with a couple of imports team plus 1or 2 Singaporeans which only play minimal minutes mostly at garbage time.

one of their star players, Dr. Darren Ng is an Australian out of ethnic Chinese parents.

While another star Eric Sandrin is an import who has a American-Brazilian Dual-Citizenship but his mother is Korean. His brother Daniel has acquired South Korean Citizenship and is now known as Lee Dong-jun.
      Last edited by nardy; 02-05-2009, 05:49 PM.
      LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
      Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
      THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

the slingers team is a perfect example of how an average team with average players could do well and be competitive internationally. i believe the core of the team has been playing together for a long time.

Comment

I think the name Singapore Slingers is inappropriate knowing that there are only 2 Singaporeans on the squad who seldom see playing minutes.
          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
            I think the name Singapore Slingers is inappropriate knowing that there are only 2 Singaporeans on the squad who seldom see playing minutes.
            well. they are called as such because the team is based there, much like the toronto raptors, where there are zero canadians playing for the team.
            <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

Originally posted by RetiredJordanStopper View Post
              well. they are called as such because the team is based there, much like the toronto raptors, where there are zero canadians playing for the team.
              Yeah..and some Singaporean dudes acts like it's their national team..well, I don't blame them though
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                Yeah..and some Singaporean dudes acts like it's their national team..well, I don't blame them though
                this team should be invited to the next pba phillipine cup along with the sbp nt. that'll make the pba with 12 teams. lets see what they can do if our pba teams will also have an import.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TechSupport View Post
                  this team should be invited to the next pba phillipine cup along with the sbp nt. that'll make the pba with 12 teams. lets see what they can do if our pba teams will also have an import.
                  they could most probably still beat our teams coz even if our PBA teams would have an import, the slingers would have 10 imports playing with 2 singaporeans just watching on the bench.

but seriously, they would be a great practice partners for our PBA Teams and our National Teams. They might not be up in the Worlds elite teams but they could surely give our teams ample international challenge in a very competitive manner.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                  THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

you hit it right in the middle.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think the team is inactive now. Players are on leave. The owners have not been making money out of the teamm. I won't be surprised if they get disbanded soon.
                      Dead Lizard.

Comment

their management are in talks with SEABA to put up an 8-team home-and-away ASEAN knockout tournament with a salary cap and an import restriction (max 2 Foreign Imports & 2 Southeast Asian Imports).

well, i can see that the Southeast Asian Imports might as well be Filipino... and i read somewhere that Toroman's RP team will sign up for this without the help of any imports.

Comment

I don't think much of them
                          SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

from http://www.singaporeslingers.com :

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                            THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Why no Jason Castro?