Piternieks Krists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piternieks Krists

What is the case with Krists Piternieks?

He had pretty good season in LBL but just played few minutes now in EC U-20...is he somehow over-rated, under-rated? Can somebody describe him? It look like he is playing PG position despite being 202cm tall - that brought my attention to him.

He signed in a greek team Panellinios

Comment

Piternieks had an injury, that's why he played so little time.. But if he hadn't got this injury, he would be one of the leaders in European championship. He is really tallented player (maybe not for NBA, but for good European team in future).

Comment

Originally posted by a-Ha
        Piternieks had an injury, that's why he played so little time.. But if he hadn't got this injury, he would be one of the leaders in European championship. He is really tallented player (maybe not for NBA, but for good European team in future).
        Thanks for info.

Did he really sign in Greece? ...haven't seen any news about that.

Comment

Yes he signed with Panellinios this year. He had played only in LBL (5 Latvian best teams played in BBL) and there he was one of the leaders. More interesting is about other Latvian U-20 player Ernests Kalve - last year he hadn't played even in LBL, but scored the most points in European U-18 championship and signed with Treviso Benetton after a few years he's going to NBA

Comment

Originally posted by a-Ha
            Yes he signed with Panellinios this year. He had played only in LBL (5 Latvian best teams played in BBL) and there he was one of the leaders. More interesting is about other Latvian U-20 player Ernests Kalve - last year he hadn't played even in LBL, but scored the most points in European U-18 championship and signed with Treviso Benetton after a few years he's going to NBA
            I am shocked he decided for Panellinios...IMO it would be better to sign for some club that can guarantee him playing time...true, I don't know the situation in Panellinios.

Yeah, I know Kalve...watched him last year when Bennetton played against Olimpija in Euroleague...great prospect...but he made a strange decision this year...going on loan to Giessen (Germany)?...with all players gone from Bennetton I thought he will get at least 15-20min this year in Euroleague...his performances last year were pretty good for the minutes he had available.

Your basketball is developing hugly last few years...I like the fact young players are geting such support and playing time in domestic competitions...great orientation for development of basketball in Latvia...you know any other young player who should be watched closely in the next season?

Comment

Kalve had 3 chances - Giessen 46ers, Asvel from France and ASK Riga. So he has chosen Giesen, because there he will have a good playing time 20-25 minutes. Then after 1-2 seasons he's coming back to Benetton and thento NBA draft.

About young players - I guess the most perspective from U-18 are Rihards Kuksiks, who scored 19,8 points average in this years championship and now's he's going to NCAA. Then maybe Toms Celmins, center player Selakovs (8 rebounds average). From U-16 maybe Antons Vilcins..

Comment

I am watching the structure of BK Barons...Barons Ridzene is their 2nd club for youth development?...looking at the graph from thier web site they builded quite nice youth system...do you know what is their season budget for all club's costs? - not just first team...comparing them to Ventspils what is their status in Latvian basketball?

Comment

Barons-Rīdzene is like big Barons's youth club, where are playing young guys (till about 19-20 y). Best of them also plays some matches in Barons (like last season Pīternieks and others). Budget isn't quite clear, but I think it's less thank 1000000 euros, something about 700000-800000 I guess. If comparing to Ventspils, Barons is a little bit weaker, in last seasons finals they lost to Ventspils in serie 0-4. But this seasons roster is stronger and there will be a tough competition in LBL between Ventspils, Barons and ASK.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information