PDA

View Full Version : Slovenia on Efes Pilsen World Cup

boki
07-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Does anybody know if any turkish TV station will broadcast games, so we could watch them over internet? Is there any official website of this years tournament?

Schedule:

Friday
18:00 Slovenia - Quatar
20:30 Turkey - Lebanon

Saturday
18:00 Lebanon - Slovenija
20:30 Turkey - Quatar

Sunday
14:30 Quatar - Lebanon
18:00 Turkey - Slovenija

Nakz
07-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Its again NTV, the channel that also broadcasted the U-20 games, so check at that thread for the broadcast links. But only the games of Turkey will be boradcasted as far as i know.

Joško Poljak Fan
07-28-2006, 07:50 AM
Nakz, any idea why Nigeria cancelled their participation on this tournament?

Nakz
07-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Nakz, any idea why Nigeria cancelled their participation on this tournament?

Nope, there was no explanation given. I also read that the federation tried to bring quality teams like before, but that most teams prefered to participate in tournaments close to Japan.

elaj
07-28-2006, 08:33 AM
This tournament is so boring. The only good game will be Turkey - Slovenia. :rolleyes:

elaj
07-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Anyway, the first game is over... easy victory for Slovenia.

Slovenia : Quatar 86:54 (70:43, 47:25, 27:18)

boki
07-28-2006, 05:53 PM
boxcore: http://www.turkbasket.com/haberanasayfa.asp?m=1&hid=40261

Joško Poljak Fan
07-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Slovenia:
Bečirovič 11, Jurak 10, Brezec 9, Nachbar 9, Lakovič 8, Udrih 8, Milič 8, Nesterovič 6, Ožbolt 6, Zagorac 5, Zupan 4, Slokar 2

Katar:
Omar Abdgader 12, Saad Abdulrahman Ali 9, Mohammed Salim Abdalla 9, Ali Turki 5, Erfan Ali Saeed 5,Malek Salim Abdalla 5, Khaled Sulayman 4, Daoud Musa 3, Yaseen Ismail 3

Once again (eventhough it's Qatar we're talking about) I like the fact that our NT is one of rare teams that doesn't need anyone passing over 10-12 points to win a game... than suddenly one individual explodes so no team really knows where it'll hit them.

We have enormous offensive talent gathered in this team, it'll again depend on defense, if they'll be able to constantly play defense the way they played it vs. Greece and France on last eurobasket when they frustrated both offensive very capable teams, than they'll be able to beat anyone... but again I think we'll again loose one easy game... I just hope it'd be in a phase group and not in playoff stage when it'll be important, I hope it'd be a wake up game that would steam up this team to finally achieve something up to their potential...

...and than just once in a lifetime I want to see Vujačič, Lorbek and Smodiš together in this group... please make me happy for the next european championship:rolleyes:

elaj
07-29-2006, 05:30 PM
Lebanon - 66: Jean Abdelneor 4, Hussein Ali Tawbe 7, Ali Mahmoud 1, Rony Fahed 6, Omar El Türk, Brian Beshara 7, Roy Samaha, William Vogel 21, Ali Fakhreddine, Sabah Ziad, Bassem Omar Balaa 2, Jiad El Khatib 18
Slovenia - 88: Zelimir Zagorac 6, Goran Jurak 6, Jaka Lakovic 5, Saso Ozbolt 8, Sani Becirovic 4, Radoslav Nesterovic 17, Beno Udrih 5, Domen Lorbek, Nebojsa Joksimovic 3, Marko Milic 8, Goran Dragic 2, Uros Slokar 6, Primoz Brezec 18

1.PERIOD:9-21
2.PERIOD:18-22
3.PERIOD:21-25
4.PERIOD:18-20

As it was expected... again an easy victory. :rolleyes: Our centers are dominating... Brezec 18, Nesterovic 17. :D

On sunday there will be a hard game vs. Turkey... can't wait.

Joško Poljak Fan
07-29-2006, 08:45 PM
I wonder why Nachbar wasn't playing? hopefully resting and not some injury or sth.

elaj
07-30-2006, 04:34 PM
I am watching the game against Turkey... our guys don't play defense... are they so tired or what?! :mad: They didn't hit the open 3 point attempts... shooting was bad, and again, WHERE THE HELL IS DEFENSE? For god sake, I don't miss that kind of attempts. :rolleyes:

If they are going to play like this on WC, we can expect -20 lose against Senegal.

Turks are flying on the court for every lost basketball, and our guys look like they were working 16 hours on 35°C burning sun and then playing the game. Really.

I know that's only a preparation game, but still... well, I hope the situation will be better on WC.

Anyway the final result is -> Turkey vs. Slovenia - 93:70

boki
07-30-2006, 05:15 PM
I hope they were just tired. And the Turks had full hall of crazy fans behind them. I'm worried about our backcourt players. They should take far more responsibility in offence. Our four guards (Lakovic, Udrih, Ozbolt, Becirovic) scored just 21 points together.

Joško Poljak Fan
07-30-2006, 05:49 PM
well it's just a preparation game, I wasn't nervous last year with defeats in preparation period and I'll try not to be now, eventhough what elaj described doesn't sound too optimistic... anyway it was time to loose against Turkey once as well. With the team Turkey gathered right now I don't think such margin is realistic.
anyway it's better to loose few times now than winning it all and face troubles for the first time on world championship when it'll matter...

I am not worried about NT getting shooting touch untill the championship...
elaj how did Pipan rotate the players through the game?
especially if you could say some stuff about Zupan, Zagorac, Dragič, Lorbek, Joksimovič- the candidates for getting out of top12...

elaj
07-30-2006, 06:12 PM
I watched the second half of the game and few seconds of first quarter. The broadcast was awful but still, I managed to see the 2/3 of game. :D Our players were totally out of form if I can say that... backcourt players didn't have any ideas what to do with the ball, the long distance shoot was awful. Pipan tried few times with Lakovic as PG and Udrih as SG, but didn't work, he also tried with Zagorac-Nesterovic and Brezec-Jurak duo, but still, I think that PF/C positions are in good form, but our backcourt players expecially Udrih (he was injured, but still) are way, way from his best form.

We'll see how it will go on Alpos Cup next weeked. :rolleyes: The defense must get better and PG/SG's need to find their shooting touch. :rolleyes: From what I saw, I'm not anymore so optimistic! But still, we'll see it's still long time untill the WC! :rolleyes: