The 3-pointer line goes to 6.75?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 3-pointer line goes to 6.75?

I heard that the 3-pointer line goes to 6.75, is that true?

When? where?
    I hope it will be expanded because it will give more space in 2 point field and we'll see less defensive game.

Comment

WTF is the 6.75 line?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -K2-
        WTF is the 6.75 line?
        6 meters, 75 centimeters, half a meter more than the current "6 meters, 25 centimeters" 3 pointer... don't ask me in inches...
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

...apparently there are no 3-point lines, nor any other lines for that matter, in Puerto Rican playground hoops. Every line had been sniffed away...
          The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
            ...apparently there are no 3-point lines, nor any other lines for that matter, in Puerto Rican playground hoops. Every line had been sniffed away...

come on...

we dont use the metric system, im just confused
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
              Every line had been sniffed away...
              they were not sniffed, they were smoked

shhhh
              sigpic

Comment

hippies...
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

6.75 m eh. that roughly translates into 265.74 inches or a little bit above 22 feet (22.14 ft to be exact) somebody double check my math i did a bit of rounding here though on the hundredths place of the decimal. i tihnk 2.54 cm=1 inch

so 22 feet thats the distance of the 3 point line in the NBA in relation to the baseline. fire away boys.

out of curiosity, what was the distance before from the top of the key on the FIBA 3 point line?
                  "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

they moving the FIBA 3 point line to the NBA distance?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -K2-
                      they moving the FIBA 3 point line to the NBA distance?

i just answered this k2!!! technically yes technically no, depending on which part of the nba 3 pt line you are discussing. but if you comapre it to the 3 pt line (NBA), that is the baseline, then yes it will be that far now and a few hundredths of an inch including,

what i want to know was the 3 pt distance of the FIBA line before this move
                      "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

This means that the basketball field also has to become bigger. Like the ones in the NBA.

BAD news for International basketball, cause they'll have to adapt for a few years. Also, US players are bigger and they'll have more space to move on the court. Eliminating the great disadvantage they had so far in the international game.

Lastly, Europeans will become better shooters from the NBA 3-point line. This means more drafts to the NBA. More talent drain in Europe.

Maybe this will all be good on the long term.
                        PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

YES
                          FIBA showed some smartness. I hope that they will make the court bigger.
                          47-70
                          76-58

Comment

just a second...moving the 3 point line to 6.75 represents big costs for Fiba, not to mention widening the court...
                            I haven't read anything about changes anywhere except here so far and I honestly doubt they'd happen just out of nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
                              out of curiosity, what was the distance before from the top of the key on the FIBA 3 point line?
                              now it is 6m.25cm.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information