PDA

View Full Version : Markota to the Bucks

wardjdim
07-25-2006, 07:42 PM
http://www.nba.com/bucks/news/MarkotaSigns_060725.html
Markota is one more Euroleague kid signed for the NBA.
I think he has the potential to see some good PT behind Bogut and Villlanueva and the even youngster Ilyasova.

Saskibaloia
07-26-2006, 03:46 AM
GO THE INTERNATIONAL FLAVOUR!!!
Love it when more international guys are coming through.

Joško Poljak Fan
07-26-2006, 09:32 AM
naaah... one more....

the history is repeating once more Slokar, Markota, Bargnani, Garbajosa, Parker left so far, I understand the elder two (although Garbajosa will return after getting 5 mpg) but all younger 3 could easily use a season or two here...

I'm just waiting for the days when european basketball will become financially stronger to prevent so many players from leaving to NBA...

and why in the first place is Markota leaving? he'll be the same bench warmer as Slokar will... how in the world can these young players be so freaking dumb and naive...

Levenspiel
07-26-2006, 12:46 PM
“Similar to Ersan Ilyasova, our second round pick last season, Damir may very well get added playing experience with our D-League affiliate in Tulsa,” Bucks GM Harris added.

GM clearly states it from the beginning. He probably won't have any playing time in NBA this season. I guess it's money. Otherwise how can one prefer D-league to the Euroleague? Besides, Kukoc will not be there any more.

wardjdim
07-26-2006, 12:46 PM
naaah... one more....

the history is repeating once more Slokar, Markota, Bargnani, Garbajosa, Parker left so far, I understand the elder two (although Garbajosa will return after getting 5 mpg) but all younger 3 could easily use a season or two here...

I'm just waiting for the days when european basketball will become financially stronger to prevent so many players from leaving to NBA...

and why in the first place is Markota leaving? he'll be the same bench warmer as Slokar will... how in the world can these young players be so freaking dumb and naive...
u know i always supported this opinion too...
times will change man. just be patient.

elaj
07-26-2006, 01:25 PM
I just don't understand them, I mean the GM of NBA clubs... Why they don't let him play another year in Euroleague and they rather send him to D-League?! Logic plz!? :mad: :mad: :mad:

LuDux
07-26-2006, 01:36 PM
I just don't understand them, I mean the GM of NBA clubs... Why they don't let him play another year in Euroleague and they rather send him to D-League?! Logic plz!? :mad: :mad: :mad:

1. D-L is closer
2. much easier to return them to main team.
3. playing style in DL is more similar to NBA than EL

Levenspiel
07-26-2006, 04:27 PM
plus, they can call him any time they want, or send him back after a few days, not necessarily giving any chance on court.

I understand GMs' logic, but not the players'. One reason could be the money, and the other could be him thinking that this is an offer he may not get in the future if he experiences a dull season in EL.

Ron Mexico
08-16-2006, 03:25 AM

becoming an above average NBA player gets you 6 million/yr at the least, people are up in arms about an club like Oly having a budget near 20 ml/ bad teams who spend in the NBA who rarely spend money have more than that, and it just grows year after year after year

and what is so bad about playing in the NBA, many people still consider it the best basketball league in the world

maybe these players want to play in the NBA?? that has never occured to anyone?

Joško Poljak Fan
08-24-2006, 07:43 PM
becoming an above average NBA player gets you 6 million/yr at the least, people are up in arms about an club like Oly having a budget near 20 ml/ bad teams who spend in the NBA who rarely spend money have more than that, and it just grows year after year after year

and what is so bad about playing in the NBA, many people still consider it the best basketball league in the world

maybe these players want to play in the NBA?? that has never occured to anyone?
what you've written here is all true... it's just that I (and some oter people) prefer the way bball is played in europe to the one in NBA (just a matter of opinion of course). NBA is still the best bball league in the world, people that think otherwise are imo ... well... something between narrowminded and blind, but that's just not the point of it.

I dislike the superstar ideology created with MJ NBA is following right now which makes importance of the team practically secondary. Player once achieving a star status stealing time from less flashy player whoose quality compared to the star is not as inferior as playing time/ESPN and all NBA industry is suggesting- and that's not hurting european players only (which is the reason I'd like them back)- proportionally the same ammount of US players doesn't get the role in the team they deserve... of course just my honest opinion.

Playing in NBA is still dreams come true with the majority of bball players (of course everyone want to match up with the best), eventhough americans tend to underestimate the bball tradition in some countries, meaning not all players outside US were inspired by NBA stars, but a lot of them were inspired by local stars, their local clubs and succes of their national teams more than by 92' dream team.

Billy
08-24-2006, 08:15 PM
what you've written here is all true... it's just that I (and some oter people) prefer the way bball is played in europe to the one in NBA (just a matter of opinion of course). NBA is still the best bball league in the world, people that think otherwise are imo ... well... something between narrowminded and blind, but that's just not the point of it.

I dislike the superstar ideology created with MJ NBA is following right now which makes importance of the team practically secondary. Player once achieving a star status stealing time from less flashy player whoose quality compared to the star is not as inferior as playing time/ESPN and all NBA industry is suggesting- and that's not hurting european players only (which is the reason I'd like them back)- proportionally the same ammount of US players doesn't get the role in the team they deserve... of course just my honest opinion.

Playing in NBA is still dreams come true with the majority of bball players (of course everyone want to match up with the best), eventhough americans tend to underestimate the bball tradition in some countries, meaning not all players outside US were inspired by NBA stars, but a lot of them were inspired by local stars, their local clubs and succes of their national teams more than by 92' dream team.

I think the above post is the one I have found clearest and most thought through since I started readin gon this forum.

I concur wholeheartedly.

zalgiris
03-18-2008, 08:51 AM
hello everyone..
Damir is now playing for Zalgiris Kaunas in lithuania.. and i'm making a mix about him.. does anyone of you have some video of Markota? then he was playing for Croatia national team and other club?

if you have so upload it to rapidshare or sendspace, and post it here..