China, Iran also needs to naturalize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China, Iran also needs to naturalize

Based on the performance of China and Iran in recent Olympic tournament, the need to naturalize players is tantamount. . . as I observed the weak spots of both teams is in the point guard or playmaking positions. . . their present point guards were quite slow and non-creative. . . so i am hoping that their respective national governing basketball associations will heed to this suggestion. . .

as we have read in Philippine threads, they are strengthen their national team with naturalized players and foreign coaches. . . to be fair, China and Iran have every rights to naturalize players as well just to level off the competition with the Philippines. . .

especially for China, they should naturalize not a US NCAA division player but a certified NBA point guard. . . they can afford to sponsor one as China has the financial resources to utilize as evident of successful hosting of an extravagant Olympic games. . .

this would be hard for the iranians, there is a tendency to overlook the capability and benefits of doing so because of the apparent nationalism that is part of every iranian in sports hence, naturalization is out of the question.

most iranians seem to think that the best answer should be home grown, a realism that is in fact rooted to pre-elamite beliefs, though this was in fact changed during the time of Kurush, this tendency once again was revitalize under the Parthian, Sassanid and other dynasties under iran after the conquest of either the arabs, mongols and greeks.

Comment

Originally posted by FilWelsh
      Based on the performance of China and Iran in recent Olympic tournament, the need to naturalize players is tantamount. . . as I observed the weak spots of both teams is in the point guard or playmaking positions. . . their present point guards were quite slow and non-creative. . . so i am hoping that their respective national governing basketball associations will heed to this suggestion. . .

as we have read in Philippine threads, they are strengthen their national team with naturalized players and foreign coaches. . . to be fair, China and Iran have every rights to naturalize players as well just to level off the competition with the Philippines. . .

especially for China, they should naturalize not a US NCAA division player but a certified NBA point guard. . . they can afford to sponsor one as China has the financial resources to utilize as evident of successful hosting of an extravagant Olympic games. . .
      Both the Chinese and Iranian federations are against naturalizing any players from abroad. Even though they might not have the best point guards in the world they do have great players that are currently in the NBA.
      And if they were to naturalize players from abroad whom would they naturalize? American players
      Last edited by Khalid80; 10-09-2008, 07:33 PM.

Comment

most point guards that are a calibre are not from the us, as of now only chauncey, deron, jason, chris, luke and a few others are from the states, the rest are from europe or latin america.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishmael
          most point guards that are a calibre are not from the us, as of now only chauncey, deron, jason, chris, luke and a few others are from the states, the rest are from europe or latin america.
          I don't really agree with you on that one. You are speaking of latin america and europe as if they are single countries, instead of a whole continent. I don't think there is a doubt that US, as a country, produces the most good point guards in the world (NB I'm not from US or in anyway related to US, so no bias there )

Comment

did I? where in the sentence did I mention that both south america and europe as a singular country? I must be an idiot if I did so and mentioned europe as if it was only one country and latin america in the same category.

Comment

There's no real harm on naturalization but with regards to China and Iran they have this very keen sense of nationalism regardless of whether they can produce a good point guard or not in the near future. Naturalization will not be an option for them. For China and Iran would say to the rest of asia, try to beat us first and go ahead with your naturalization process.

Comment

I admire the patriotism of Iran and China that translates to not hiring some basketball mercenaries to aid the basketball team, unlike in our country where naturalizing a foreign born player is deemed as the silver bullet.

A sense of National Team pride integrity over wins and loses.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamwalker View Post
                  There's no real harm on naturalization but with regards to China and Iran they have this very keen sense of nationalism regardless of whether they can produce a good point guard or not in the near future. Naturalization will not be an option for them. For China and Iran would say to the rest of asia, try to beat us first and go ahead with your naturalization process.
                  from what i know china doesn't even let their american-born ethic-chinese in the CBA.
                  you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by FilWelsh View Post
                    Iran already has two of the best asian point guards. Mehdi played only some limited minutes because of his injury and Saman was under suspension at that time. even our third guard (who played in Beijing) is not a bad player. he played very well against Serbia in Diamond Cup, his problem is just his size !

Comment

the question is..

will the player they get will agree to be naturalized in iran??? a breakout capability of iran is very dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by jesronne View Post
                        the question is..

will the player they get will agree to be naturalized in iran??? a breakout capability of iran is very dangerous
                        this is the funniest post ever !

first, there isn't any danger
                        second, naturalization is a cheat, we never do it

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
                          this is the funniest post ever !

first, there isn't any danger
                          second, naturalization is a cheat, we never do it
                          its not cheating, it is written in the rules that a country can have 1 naturalized player. why russia, america and lebanon had a lot of success after they have naturalized players
                          you know why I am happy

Comment

You guys always live to prevent news and facts from your imagination.
                            Cheating is when ur contradicting the rules of Fiba,our friend Mohsen wants to apply the iranian ideology on all of us.Maybe its cheating in Iran but not in all the world.Its a right given by Fiba !!!!!!
                            If Fiba is against it then i will say its cheating but since Fiba is approving that a team can possess one naturalized player im with it untill we can find a solution for the reason we naturalized for.
                            Proud to be Lebanese
                            www.arabasket.com

Comment

Naturalization is cheating, regardless of whether FIBA says it is right and OK.

Calling someone a bad name, using a harsh word to hurt someone: do the laws of most countries say that it is illegal? No. Does that mean that it is not still wrong, according to higher Laws of right and wrong, let us say Universal Law if not human laws, and according to a sense of fair play, ethics, uprightness, and sportsmanship? Yes. It is still wrong.

Likewise, in some countries, like in Germany in World War 2, it was OK to exterminate all Jews and commit genocide against them. The laws said it was OK, in fact the government even supported it, encouraged it, and it was legal. They said it was OK to do such a thing. Does the mean that it is still right? No. Does that mean that it was still wrong? Yes.

The same can be applied to many wrongs, to as small a wrong as looking at someone wrongly to as great a wrong as genocide in all countries from America to China, and everywhere in between. Just because the human legal law says that it is OK to do such a thing, doesn't mean that it is right. There are higher Universal Laws to be obeyed, and just because they are not written down, or a part of an organization or nation's written laws, doesn't mean that those unspoken or unwritten laws should still not be obeyed.

The naturalization rule of FIBA should be completely eliminated to prevent cheating. As it is, with the system the way it is now, it is junk. With the naturalization rule of even allowing even only one player to be naturalized and to be allowed to be put on a nation's national basketball team, there can be no fair, just, and truthful ranking of just how good a nation's basketball team really is. And international competitions, no matter how prestigious--such as even the World Championships of basketball or even the Olympic basketball tournament--with national teams with naturalized players on their teams, are all junk.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information