PDA

View Full Version : BBL (Baltic Basketball League) 2008-2009

Pages : [1] 2

rikhardur
10-02-2008, 01:01 AM
Starting game of the season put Šiauliai vs Rock Tartu with a clear win for the Liths 89-68.
S. Kuzminskas led Šiauliai with 19 pts + 9 rebs (Maceina 17 pts), while Tanoka Beard had 17 pts + 6 rebs (Tsintsadze 15 pts + 8 assists) for the Estonians. Full stats here (http://www.bbl.net/index.php/b19sYW5nPWVuJm9fc2Vhcz0yMSZvX2xlYWc9OCZmdXNlYWN0aW 9uPWdhbWVzLm1haW4mZ19pZD0xMzA4).

Demarr
10-02-2008, 05:42 PM
BC Kalev lost to Žalgiris 78-74.

Žalgiris earned 37 free-throws and Kalev 7. It's hard to judge the refereeing without seeing the game though - so fellow Lithuanians who saw the game, any objective comments?

Richey666
10-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Today Zalgiris beat BC Kalev/Cramo 78:74, but what was the most ridiculous fact about the game is that Zalgiris got 21/37 free throws against Kalev's 5/7. Would be logical, if one team is clearly a lot better and winning by 30, but it was not the case here. :D

Game card is here: http://www.bbl.net/index.php/b19sYW5nPWVuJm9fc2Vhcz0yMSZvX2xlYWc9OCZmdXNlYWN0aW 9uPWdhbWVzLm1haW4mZ19pZD0xMjg4

As you should know in Baltic league the referees are always from host countries, not from neutral, this has been problem for years, but for lack of money it has never been changed.

Kalev was in lead most of the game, up by 12 eight minutes before the end, but in the last quarter got ran over, while Zalgiris suddenly stopped fouling..
EDIT: Zalgiris had 16 free throws last quarter, Kalev had 0, just a datapoint, not that I am saying anything, it may very well be, that every Kalev player just got totally tired ;)

It is not the first time Kalev has lost games against Zalgiris in the last minute in Lithuania, the same happened 2006 and 2007 at the beginning of the season.

I gave my best NOT to say, what I really think happened...I hope Kalev coach Nenad Vucinic will file a protest.

Straight forward
10-02-2008, 06:21 PM
I believe you didn't see the game (just like me). I don't think it's wise to judge the job of refs from stats :)

LuDux
10-02-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't know if referees played part in deciding outcome, but..

Shots attempted from outside the key
Kalev: 49
Zalgiris: 28

Zalgiris__________________________Kalev
http://www.bbl.net/index.php/b19sYW5nPWVuJm9fc2Vhcz0yMSZvX2xlYWc9OCZmdXNlYWN0aW 9uPWdhbWVzLmRyYXcmZ19pZD0xMjg4JnE9MCZ0bT0mcGwxPSZw bDI9JmZpcnN0X3RpbWU9MQ==

Troll
10-02-2008, 07:26 PM
I believe you didn't see the game (just like me). I don't think it's wise to judge the job of refs from stats :)

Wise or not, having home ref's is just stupid and I'm getting bored of watching the same thing every year. BBL is good practice to get ready for europe games and good for youth to get better but other than that it's quite pointless.

Richey666
10-02-2008, 07:44 PM
I sure do agree, that Zalgiris tried to score more under the basket and hence more free-throws, I could reluctantly accept freethrows 30:15 to Zalgiris, but to think that every Kalev player's defence was a foul, while Zalgiris players never touched the opponents, except bumping into them few times is laughable, especially last quarter.
Can anyone show me similar stats from any Euroleague or ULEB Cup game from last year, where score was close, but freethrows 37:7 for one team??? I bet you cannot, cause there aint all referees from home team country...

I don't know if referees played part in deciding outcome, but..

Shots attempted from outside the key
Kalev: 49
Zalgiris: 28

Zalgiris__________________________Kalev
http://www.bbl.net/index.php/b19sYW5nPWVuJm9fc2Vhcz0yMSZvX2xlYWc9OCZmdXNlYWN0aW 9uPWdhbWVzLmRyYXcmZ19pZD0xMjg4JnE9MCZ0bT0mcGwxPSZw bDI9JmZpcnN0X3RpbWU9MQ==

Sss
10-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Hm... comitted fouls - Zalgiris 19, Kalev 26 :eek: . Good Lord !!!!

... but why bother. Of course we stole the game. We always do that against Estonian teams (because, contrary to the Latvians, they are not brothers to us :D) and it would be a real Armageddon if we would have lost this game.

Please, wait for at least one word from Kalev coach/player or something like that in order to speculate...

Demarr
10-02-2008, 08:55 PM

... but why bother. Of course we stole the game. We always do that against Estonian teams (because, contrary to the Latvians, they are not brothers to us :D) and it would be a real Armageddon if we would have lost this game.

Please, wait for at least one word from Kalev coach/player or something like that in order to speculate...

''During the last 3 minutes, we lost our rhythm on the offence and didn't communicate enough.''

That's what Nenad Vucinic said. He didn't mention referees at all.

And why bring the whole ''brothers theme'' to this topic? Just to brag?

Richey666
10-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Too bad BBL is not able to show games even thru web camera, although even then we probably would disagre if certain situations are fouls.

But well, if Estonian club wins Rytas or Zalgiris at home, while getting 30 freethrows more, 16 alone in last quarter with home referees, I'd be first to say - "I don't want such a crooked victory. It means nothing to me. I want fair and square victory or loss in Euro competition with balanced officiating." Where's your nobility, Liths? Cannot you even admit that disparity is surprisingly big, even when there's an explanation?

And I bet you Liths would be going crazy, if you'd get such freethrows disparity against Pana or CSKA at their home court EVEN with neutral referees.

Too bad you cannot see unbalanced officiating, when it occurs among your own. And trust me, last year were several times, when Kalev and Rock players said about referees: "it is impossible to win in Lithuania last minute, they just find a phantom foul and dont whistle any of Lith team's".

http://www.sloleht.ee/index.aspx?id=207033
http://www.sloleht.ee/index.aspx?id=208485 (Martin Muursepp, Estonian best 90's player (NBA,CSKA) ain't a man of many words, but this time he decided to speak up)

Nothing changed, referees are still local, so Vucinic probably didnt see any point in talking about it.

Of course, Zalgiris is way better club than Kalev, of course they will beat Kalev by 15-20 point in couple of months, when they're in Euroleague form, but what makes me bitter, that even this small insignificant win our club could get in the beginning of season, is stolen ruthlessly.

Straight forward
10-02-2008, 11:14 PM
nobility? I'm sure that if this game had clear bias from refs some of IB users will tell the true, unless no-one saw this game here. As for now, it's clear speculation. Personally, from that what i saw in BBL last few year i can't say that any team from Latvia or Estonia would have a lot of hope in competition against Žalgiris or Rytas. I mean it's naive to say that Lithuanians teams are winning only because of refs :rolleyes:

Richey666
10-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Oh man, you dont even read what I am writing. I never had problem admitting Lithuanian and Latvian clubs are way better than Estonian ones, it's just sensations never happen, when strong local club plays with home referees against weaker foreign one, especially in Lithuania, but sure there have been complaints against Estonian referees too! We never had 37:7 disparity in favor of local club, though.
Baltic Basketball League is the only international European league with no neutral referees, dont you think it's stupid and strange?

nobility? I'm sure that if this game had clear bias from refs some of IB users will tell the true, unless no-one saw this game here. As for now, it's clear speculation. Personally, from that what i saw in BBL last few year i can't say that any team from Latvia or Estonia would have a lot of hope in competition against Žalgiris or Rytas. I mean it's naive to say that Lithuanians teams are winning only because of refs :rolleyes:

Mindozas
10-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Oh man, you dont even read what I am writing. I never had problem admitting Lithuanian and Latvian clubs are way better than Estonian ones, it's just sensations never happen, when strong local club plays with home referees against weaker foreign one, especially in Lithuania, but sure there have been complaints against Estonian referees too! We never had 37:7 disparity in favor of local club, though.
Baltic Basketball League is the only international European league with no neutral referees, dont you think it's stupid and strange?

Man, don't be too paranoiac with those free-throws. Better look at commited fouls: 26:19!!! Something wrong with that too? Most (16 of 37) of ft was made in last qtr just because Zalgiris started to play aggressively. Maciulis shoot 6 of them and if you follow his play it won't surprise you, cause when he starts to play in the paint, it's very hard to stop him without a foul. Most of all others ft was made by Brown, a player who mostly takes responsibility in the end, who is hardly stoppable without foul on him.
And as for refs, I see that T.Jasevicius was the main ref and it's clearly not the one who's on Zalgiris side

Straight forward
10-03-2008, 06:43 PM
"Valmiera"- "Lietuvos Rytas" 92:98

"Lietuvos rytas": S.Babrauskas 18, M.Gecevičius ir B.Milisavljevičius - po 14, D.Zavackas ir M.Petravičius - po 13, M.Prekevičius ir M.Anisimovas - po 9, M.Lukauskis 5, J.Sinica 3

"Valmiera": I.Bankevics 25, R.Clarkas 23, R.Sirsnins 11 (8 assists)

Seems like BBL started with nice and competitive games. Unfortunately, no-one broadcasted these games.

Richey666
10-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Broadcasting is way worse than last year, no broadcasts in Estonian TV channels neither. I can watch Lithuanian and Latvian TV on satellite, but nothing there too... Economic crisis?

cikladols
10-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Broadcasting is way worse than last year, no broadcasts in Estonian TV channels neither. I can watch Lithuanian and Latvian TV on satellite, but nothing there too... Economic crisis?

Today Barons vs Siaulai will be broadcasted on LTV7

Mindozas
10-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Today Barons vs Siaulai will be broadcasted on LTV7

Also in Lithuania on LTV. Start 16.10

adebisi
10-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Barons 87 - 71 Šiauliai (20:12, 18:17, 28:21, 21:21)
Barons: D.Alexander 22, A.Škėlė (5 to) and G.Gustas (5 as) 14
Šiauliai: V.Praškevičius 23, G.Kadžiulis 14 (5 as), G.Maceina 9

cikladols
10-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Question to estonians. TTU started Challenge Cup quite good, but before season some of you said, "dont let them play in BBL CC, they'll lose every game at least -20". What's happened with that team?

Demarr
10-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Question to estonians. TTU started Challenge Cup quite good, but before season some of you said, "dont let them play in BBL CC, they'll lose every game at least -20". What's happened with that team?

I actually don't know why some people said so.
Last season they were really weak under the basket and suffered some heavy losses but this year they've signed Kristjan Makke (205cm) and Joosep Toome (206cm).
Other notable signings were Reimo Tamm and Joosep Pokla.
The team in overall consists of youngsters and coach Aivar Kuusmaa said that their target is just to get some new experience in BBL CC.

BBL netcasting isn't working, so Rock-Rytas score updates: http://sport.postimees.ee/?id=38497

Mindozas
10-05-2008, 03:04 PM
BBL netcasting isn't working, so Rock-Rytas score updates: http://sport.postimees.ee/?id=38497

Thnx for the link mate. As I understood Rock is leading 43:30 after 2qtr? wow

p.s. maybe someone from Latvia or anyone else could provide a link for Valmiera-Zalgiris game, which starts after half an hour, cause probably BBL netcasting won't be available again 9shame on them) :confused:

cikladols
10-05-2008, 03:13 PM
OMG! Is Rock destroing Rytas? :eek:

Demarr
10-05-2008, 03:46 PM
In the end Rock won 79-66.

cikladols
10-05-2008, 03:51 PM
In the end Rock won 79-66.

Congratulations! Hope this evening will be one more sensation :D

rusher
10-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Today's results

Valmiera/Lāčplēša Alus- Žalgiris 90:82
Tartu Rock - Lietuvos Rytas 79:66

Yeah, that's right. Nothing is mixed up!!! :confused:

LTbotd
10-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Fantastic day :D

Mindozas
10-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Fantastic day :D

True :D Luckily I've made some money from a loss of Zalgiris, odds were fantastic, especially knowing current situation in club...

Migelitas
10-05-2008, 05:48 PM
True :D Luckily I've made some money from a loss of Zalgiris, odds were fantastic, especially knowing current situation in club...

Yeap, odds were 7,0-7,3 for Valmiera. And tomorrow Žalgiris plays vs ASK in Riga. It's interesting, what odds will be then.

Straight forward
10-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Žalgiris loss wasn't so unexpected while Žalgiris is outliving financial crisis, but Rytas realy surprised.

Richey666
10-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Can you tell us more about this financial crisis and how does it affect Zalgiris performance? Are players not getting paid?

Straight forward
10-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Can you tell us more about this financial crisis and how does it affect Zalgiris performance? Are players not getting paid?

Žalgiris didn't get the money from municipality of Kaunas which they promised to give, so the pays are being late. Žalgiris players were about to strike and don't play this game, but acorrding to media M. Brown persuaded others to remain professional and to play.

Mindozas
10-05-2008, 06:40 PM

Yes, players didn't get any money this season yet. It's mostly because of Kaunas' municipality, which is one of Zalgiris' shareholders and should've remittance money for Zalgiris, but they didn't do that till now. F*cking bureaucracy... Zalgiris' players even were thinking don't travel to Valmiera and boycott the game, but M.Brown persuaded other teammmates and finally they've decided to go and play.
As far as I know from the inside of the club, situation like that won't last long, cause 2 big foreign companies might become sponsors of Zalgiris, negotiations is in final phases now. But about money from municipality it's hard to talk now, looks like they finally decided to give Zalgiris 5mln LTL, but another problem is when these money Zalgiris will get in their account

Migelitas
10-05-2008, 06:45 PM
As far as I know from the inside of the club, situation like that won't last long, cause 2 big foreign companies might become sponsors of Zalgiris, negotiations is in final phases now.

Strange, i didn't hear anything like that. Were did you have such information - maybe inside:confused:

Mindozas
10-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Strange, i didn't hear anything like that. Were did you have such information - maybe inside:confused:

Yup, it's inside information. Still, don't know the names of the companies, but I was told few days ago about that. It wasn't told directly to me, but these were words from one person from Zalgiris management, a very well known person :)

Demarr
10-05-2008, 07:12 PM
http://sport.err.ee/index.php?0&popup=video&id=6704 - Rock - Rytas highlights and interviews.

Richey666
10-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Willie Deane not playing today for Zalgiris, still the question of not being paid?

Mindozas
10-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Willie Deane not playing today for Zalgiris, still the question of not being paid?

No, he has wrist inflammation (maybe this word is right, cause I'm not good at medical terms) and almost didn't practise last week. Also Maciulis is not 100% healthy (was injured in a game vs Kalev) and also missed some practises last week, but he has to play, cause we don't have enough players to choose from

Get Rich Or Die Playin
10-06-2008, 08:30 PM
ASK Riga 88:70 Valmiera

Just came home from game, fantastic emotions! Great win by ASK, but I gotta say that Žalgiris didn't look too good... BTW at middle of game there was brawl between Woods and ASK. It started after Woods pushed Kalve from back, then ASK centers Grafs and Šundov started to protect teammate and that's it. It seemed that Woods hit Grafs in face, although pretty easy, and they both were ejected.

Willie Deane was dressed for game, but he didn't play, he just warmed up with team and sat on bench all game.

Little bit later I'll post video (most likely there will be included brawl)

elaj
10-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Whats happening in Žalgiris? I know about the "financial problems", but still... this is a bit strange.

Get Rich Or Die Playin
10-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Brawl from ASK-Žalgiris game:
http://esports.lv/basketbols/seb_bbl/video/06102008_2349_kristaps_drikis_kautins_ask_zalgiris

video recap of game coming later

Straight forward
10-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Whats happening in Žalgiris? I know about the "financial problems", but still... this is a bit strange.

W. Dean didn't play, so that means Žalgiris had only two guards- Brown and 19 years old Janavičius. Woods was ejected and Jankūnas got injury. Žalgiris played whithout injured Kalnietis as well. Žalgiris needs to solve their problems- to get the money, to buy one more guard.

Get Rich Or Die Playin
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
W. Dean didn't play, so that means Žalgiris had only two guards- Brown and 19 years old Janavičius. Woods was ejected and Jankūnas got injury. Žalgiris played whithout injured Kalnietis as well. Žalgiris needs to solve their problems- to get the money, to buy one more guard.

put that video from brawl in krepsinis.net and other sites, lithuanians gotta see it ;)
http://esports.lv/basketbols/seb_bbl/video/06102008_2349_kristaps_drikis_kautins_ask_zalgiris

here's both coach comments about game:
Ramunas Butautas: "Big part in win gave everyone who played. I'm satisfied that players fighted throughout game, especially in defense. Team filled one part of game plan, other part wasn't necessary to use today."

Rimantas Grigas: "Team is in tough situation. We're preparing for Euroleague, but problems are caused lack of players and other issues. There was possibility that we wouldn't go to game. So more it's our loss than Riga's win today, because we hadn't enough resources to fight for win. About money - already two months there has been promises about fixing this situation and I hope that they will be realised. Unfortunately our team has injuries - PG Deane has arm's injury, yesterday he tried to play, but it's swelling today, so we decided to don't risk. Young player Janavicius will be good player, but currently he isn't ready for this kind of level games. Plus now we've lost for some time Jankunas, who's one of top players. I hope that we will recover and continuation will be more succesful."

Post game press conference video:
http://esports.lv/basketbols/seb_bbl/video/07102008_0013_kristaps_drikis_ask_riga_zalgiris_pr

Mindozas
10-06-2008, 09:44 PM

It's not only financial problems (which btw should be solved, cause finally Zalgiris will get the money from municipality via some bank as a loan). There are problems with players injuries and Zalgiris during all pre-season had only few practises with atleast 10 players, so they even couldn't play 5 on 5 on it or one of the coaches D.Maskoliunas played as 10th player. So it's hard to prepare for the season when situation is like this. It's easy to see that defense is horrible now, looks like they play for the first time with each other. Offense relies mostly on individual plays with only a few moments in the game, when the team makes some succesful combination. Team just ain't clicking now. Kalnietis injuried, Deane can't play with full strengh for more than a week and he supposed to be our main PG and needs to play as much as possible, cause he needs to know team as best as he can. Maciulis is also playing with some injury. Now the best Zalgiris' player so far Jankunas was injuried today in 2nd qtr and it's still unclear how serious this injury is. Also we still didn't sign another guard, which we really need right now. Invidious situation and we have only 2 weeks left till EL start. It looked everything so nice and promising after A.Gomelsky cup in Moscow and then suddenly all crashed down (injuries, financial problems). I don't really care much about these losses in BBL, but I care about team mental and physical conditions, which might be very low now. Hope everything will be solved asap...

Thomas_Aquinas
10-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Maybe one of you guys can give me information about Nate Fox and his suspension. He recieved worldwide suspension in march 2008 for 7 and a half months which means he should be allowed to play again at the end of october, but he appeared already in the first two games of BC Kalev. How come??? If some remark about this topic has been posted already, well, blame it on my laziness. Thanks in advance.

Troll
10-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Maybe one of you guys can give me information about Nate Fox and his suspension. He recieved worldwide suspension in march 2008 for 7 and a half months which means he should be allowed to play again at the end of october, but he appeared already in the first two games of BC Kalev. How come??? If some remark about this topic has been posted already, well, blame it on my laziness. Thanks in advance.

They talked with FIBA and hes suspension was shortened by 4 months.

Demarr
10-14-2008, 06:46 PM
BC Kalev lost to Lietuvos Rytas 76-91 (Arbet 21, Linehan 16 for Kalev - Nielsen 18 pts, 8 rebounds, 5 assists and Lukauskis 16 pts for Rytas).

BC Kalev - Rytas highlights - http://sport.err.ee/index.php?0&popup=video&id=6752

Valmiera got 94-90 win over Ventspils. Clark had another monster game with 32 points, 8 rebounds and 3 assists. Jurevicius scored 29 for Ventspils.

Richey666
10-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Fox has played very average so far, seems the suspension has got the best of him.

Basket_
10-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Is it possible to see Latvian LTV7 channel on internet?

rikhardur
10-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Is it possible to see Latvian LTV7 channel on internet?
Afaik no.

Get Rich Or Die Playin
10-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Barons 83:77 Žalgiris

In beginning of game Žalgiris totally dominated, but then Barons fought back... In first half left shoulder injury got Varda, who yelled because of pain. Don't know how serious injury, but poor Žalgiris... I really hope they will recover on and off court ASAP!

Migelitas
10-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Barons 83:77 Žalgiris
but poor Žalgiris... I really hope they will recover on and off court ASAP!

Thanks man, now we simply need time, but we don't have it.

rikhardur
10-16-2008, 10:00 PM
And think Barons lost at home to Liepāja by 23 some days ago :rolleyes: Dark days for Žalgiris :(

Get Rich Or Die Playin
10-17-2008, 06:29 AM
Maybe Lithuanians are interested in this, Rimantas Grigas postgame comment video in press conference:
http://esports.lv/basketbols/seb_bbl/video/17102008_0036_kristaps_drikis_rimanta_griga_pecspe

Pretty interesting comment by coach, I recommend to watch it :)

adebisi
10-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Pretty interesting comment by coach, I recommend to watch it :)
So as far as I understood, Žalgiris is searching for a PG with good defence and team control. Dean will be moved to SG?

Migelitas
10-17-2008, 05:44 PM
How Ventspils could loose tonight, when they were leading 64:81 4 minuts to go.

Get Rich Or Die Playin
10-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Yeah it's pretty amazing, but I will write off that to Ventspils inexperience, they're pretty young team while Žalgiris have veteran roster

Get Rich Or Die Playin
10-17-2008, 08:23 PM
For Lithuanians: Grigas post game comment video:
http://esports.lv/basketbols/seb_bbl/video/17102008_2314_kristaps_drikis_grigs_uzvarejam_ar_r

Get Rich Or Die Playin
10-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Ventspils-Žalgiris highlight video: http://esports.lv/basketbols/seb_bbl/video/18102008_0108_kristaps_drikis_ventspils_zaude_zalg

Straight forward
10-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Seems like Sireika might have some serious problems with his back sooner than he is expecting! And i believe this time it would be reasonable health problems :p Sireika decided that he can play without PG and put Lukauskis, Babrauskas, Gecevicius in the 3th quater. That was the key of the game. Than he needed 8 minutes in the 4th quater to understand that he should have some shooters on the team and offcourse Gecevičius and Sinica didn't have a single chance, though it's a clear fact the team should work on these players, specially when others were very mediocre tonight. Sireika did everything that Rytas would lose tonight.

Miškinis
10-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Latvians surprises me again. It's nice to see that this year BBL elite division will be surprisingly competitive.All I can say is - BRAVO! The More interesting games, the better :)

re5pectas
10-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Latvians surprises me again. It's nice to see that this year BBL elite division will be surprisingly competitive.All I can say is - BRAVO! The More interesting games, the better :)
Yeah, some losses increases the interest to the league! I even thinking to go to BBL games and watch them at arena :)

Get Rich Or Die Playin
10-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah, finally BBL's Elite Division really is interesting with unpredictable results... I hope that more competitiveness will raise everyone's interest about league and we'll see more fans at arenas.

Level really is there, I think BBL now is pretty close or even already at Adriatic league's level

Richey666
10-28-2008, 07:10 PM
deleted. pointless rant.

cikladols
10-31-2008, 09:07 AM
What situation about Kalev/Cramo & Martin Muursepp? Is he injured or retired?

Demarr
10-31-2008, 11:10 AM
What situation about Kalev/Cramo & Martin Muursepp? Is he injured or retired?

He had a surgery in August, so he is still recovering.
It could take quite a while until he gets back in the action. He will probably miss most of the season.

Demarr
11-01-2008, 06:28 PM
http://sport.err.ee/index.php?0&popup=video&id=6826

Second half of Valmiera - BC Kalev. The final result was 63-86.

re5pectas
11-02-2008, 04:47 PM
http://sport.err.ee/index.php?0&popup=video&id=6826

Second half of Valmiera - BC Kalev. The final result was 63-86.
Nice link, quite good quality! Though I'm watching Zalgiris vs Siauliai right now on TV :) unfortunately no online :(
btw, it was quite equal game in 1st, but second quarter was 25-4 to Zalgiris... so now they are destroying Siauliai:cool:

EugeneUkraine
11-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Hi. Can somebody help me? I need some info about Sandis Buskevics. Where he playing now and his stats?

cikladols
11-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Sandis Buskevics is still free agent. Valmiera and Liepaja were interested about him, but Sandis wanted too much money...

Pistol Pete
11-16-2008, 05:59 AM
Well, Lietuvos Rytas won against Zalgiris again :) Congrats to all Rytas fans. We saw a nice team effort yesterday.

Zavackas and Branko played very good games. Branko was attacking very well and Zavackas got many offensive rebounds.

Straight forward
11-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Žalgiris - Rock 76-67

Pretty nice and close game. Despite the bitterness for the Euroleague, I have to say I enjoy current Žalgiris team more than I did last year with DC and M. Brown. The team is based on players from Lithuania, that's how Žalgiris suppose to be! Š.Vasiliauskas made some impression here while scored 10points and hit the crucial 3 point shot from 7 meters in last minutes of the game. It's obvious he's still lacking some physical power against his opponents, but his offensive skils are usefull already. Ž. Janavičius had a good game as well- he scored 8 or 9 points (BBL site sucks as always) and he seems to be more confident already, I just think he could be more agressive in offense (his penatration skils are amazing).
I have to say, Tanoka and Kullamae still looks pretty good ;)

Rytas - Siauliai 99- 86

Seems like Rytas is already playing solid basketball. Šiauliai tryed to do their best, but Rytas is stronger. I still can't believe that Prekevičius played in Olympics this summer :eek: The hero of this game is 19 years old Mindaugas Kuzminskas who poured 18 points for Šiauliai. He seems to be a fresh meat for Rytas next year, heh? :p
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6972/sebbbllietuvosrytassiauei0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mindozas
11-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Žalgiris - Rock 76-67

Ž. Janavičius had a good game as well- he scored 8 or 9 points (BBL site sucks as always) and he seems to be more confident already, I just think he could be more agressive in offense (his penatration skils are amazing).

Yup, Janavicius seems like gets more and more self confidence, that's very good. Still, the thing that he has to improve is using his right hand in the game. This is crucial for PG to play equaly (or almost equaly) with both hands, but now his left hand is way stronger than right one, he just has to work on it a lot. Then his ball handling, penetration skills could be great and he would be hardly stoppable few years later, when he'll be more matured and experienced.

Rytas - Siauliai 99- 86

The hero of this game is 19 years old Mindaugas Kuzminskas who poured 18 points for Šiauliai. He seems to be a fresh meat for Rytas next year, heh? :p

If he's not such pussy (I mean weak psichologicaly :)) as his brother, then he could reach smth.

Demarr
11-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Other results from BBL:

Nevezis - Kalev/Cramo 72:74
Nevezis - G.Leonavicius 17; B.Veikalas 15; V.Dabkus and P.Sakinis both 11 points.
Kalev - K.Lyde 23 points & 6 rebounds; N.Fox 20 points; K.Kangur 13 points, 10 rebounds, 5 steals.

Valmiera - Barons/LMT Riga 88-74
Valmiera - I.Bankevics 35 points; R.Clark 15 points & 15 rebounds; S.Amolins 12 points
Barons - A.Demetrius Darnell 18 points & 10 rebounds; C.Smith 14 points; G.Gustas 11 points.

The second half of TÜ/Rock - Žalgiris:
http://sport.err.ee/index.php?0&popup=video&id=6949

Get Rich Or Die Playin
12-13-2008, 07:59 PM
ASK Riga - Tartu Rock 85:72 (http://www.bbl.net/index.php/b19sYW5nPWVuJm9fc2Vhcz0yMSZvX2xlYWc9OCZmdXNlYWN0aW 9uPWdhbWVzLm1haW4mZ19pZD0xMzgy)

Post game press conference:
http://esports.lv/basketbols/seb_bbl/video/13122008_2150_kristaps_drikis_ask_riga_rock_preses

Demarr
12-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Quite unexpected news - headcoach Üllar Kerde and Tartu Rock part ways.
Indrek Visnapuu will be the new headcoach.
http://sport.err.ee/index.php?0585089

paavo9
12-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Hello all!

Anyone knows a link for Rytas-Rock game? I saw from bbl.net that LR TV is broadcasting, i can't seem to find one.

Thanks

Miškinis
12-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Hello all!

Anyone knows a link for Rytas-Rock game? I saw from bbl.net that LR TV is broadcasting, i can't seem to find one.

Thanks

"Lietuvos Ryto televizija" will broadcast it (http://tv.lrytas.lt/). Most probably they won't broadcast it online.

paavo9
12-23-2008, 04:00 PM
"Lietuvos Ryto televizija" will broadcast it (http://tv.lrytas.lt/). Most probably they won't broadcast it online.

That's sad:(, but thanks anyway!

Migelitas
12-23-2008, 06:48 PM
My oh my. Tsinstsade trew ball into the referee.:eek:

Richey666
12-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Yeah, sorry man for cursing, now tell us, how Rytas had a brilliant game and deserved the victory by 40 points, but Lith referees were heavily on Rock side, cause Petravicius got 5 fouls :D.

My oh my. Tsinstsade trew ball into the referee.:eek:

Our girl is back :D

Migelitas
12-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Yeah, faggot, now tell us, how Rytas had a brilliant game and deserved the victory by 40 points, but Lith referees were heavily on Rock side, cause Petravicius got 5 fouls :D.

Well you little... [bad, bad word], i'm not suporting LR, so calm down. I wont protect them.
Besides we all know, that without dark forces of refereing estonian club would be dominant in whole galaxy.

Richey666
12-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Naah, after calming down i guess Rock was probably gonna lose it with or without dubious refereeing, they always lose close games. Tsintsadze was close to the attacking referee in Estonian game with Kalev, still it would be much easier to accept when referees,would be from neutral country.

Btw, Rock actually destroyed Rytas at home game.

Migelitas
12-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Naah, after calming down i guess Rock was probably gonna lose it with or without dubious refereeing, they always lose close games. Tsintsadze was close to the same in Estonian game with Rock, still it would be much easier to accept when referees,would be from neutral country.

Agree, but we have crisis you know. From whrere we will found neutral referees?

Richey666
12-23-2008, 07:07 PM
It wouldnt be so expensive have Latvian referees in Est-Lith game, Lith referees in Est-Lat game etc. Or at least 3 referees, one from each country.
At least in I division.

Agree, but we have crisis you know. From whrere we will found neutral referees?

Demarr
12-23-2008, 07:17 PM
There should a special thread made for bashing referees.
I think there are many other people here who don't want to read this pointless debate. This arguing will change nothing.

Richey666
12-23-2008, 07:22 PM
well if one day one team just marches off the court and refuses to play, because of the refereeing, it may change something.

LuDux
12-23-2008, 07:38 PM
well if one day one team just marches off the court and refuses to play, because of the refereeing, it may change something.

Only if they are winning at the time

Richey666
12-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Only if they are winning at the time

Rock should've done it tonight, no balls though.
BTW, 42 freethrows is the most for Rytas this year. I actually kinda like, what Tsintsadze did. At least he showed, that the problem exists.

C-ka
12-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Rock should've done it tonight, no balls though.
BTW, 42 freethrows is the most for Rytas this year. I actually kinda like, what Tsintsadze did. At least he showed, that the problem exists.
what a whiner... :p

for a "huge" league like BBL, it is very expensive to have such system with referees. take into accout trip money, hotel (why should a lith ref drive his car home at night 600km from Tallinn?). now multiply it from the number of games throughout the season (90 regular season games only), and again multiply it from two (two foreign refs) and here we are - several hundred additional euros every game. you fecking NBAer...:D

auris1
12-24-2008, 11:18 AM
At least he showed, that the problem exists.
Ha ha, that’s a good one.
Yes, there is a problem .and always has been -with Estonian basketball itself. And referees are cunts most of the time ,win a game or lose.

LuDux
12-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Tsintsadze Vs Pilipauskas
HqUtnyEcG74

Richey666
12-24-2008, 03:07 PM
What a proud corrupt Lith :P
As I told you, smartass, I am really happy when this league vanishes. For some reason Tsintsadze has never misbehaved or gotten technical, let alone disqualif foul in Euro games thru 3 seasons. I won't protect here, in this video he had the offensive foul, but we don't see what happened before that in fourth quarter. I wonder, what you [Unnecessary: deleted] will tell us, when Rytas and Zalgiris will have Eastern League with Russian referees in Moscow. Bet you will be really happy about it when CSKA gets on a very close game 37 free-throws compared to Zalgiris 7 (Like Kalev-Zalgiris game in the beginning of season). It's totally fair, cause Zalgiris has no inside game whatsoever right? :D Judging by your arrogance you would be first to cry out, but now you cannot admit, there's something wrong with your own guys' whistling.

Regarding money, maybe you guys should pay a little more for tickets? I would pay 10-20% more for neutral referees.How Adriatic League can afford them?

what a whiner... :p

for a "huge" league like BBL, it is very expensive to have such system with referees. take into accout trip money, hotel (why should a lith ref drive his car home at night 600km from Tallinn?). now multiply it from the number of games throughout the season (90 regular season games only), and again multiply it from two (two foreign refs) and here we are - several hundred additional euros every game. you fecking NBAer...:D

Richey666
12-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Everybody knows Estonian basketball totally suck compared to Lithuanian, especially last 10 years, no arguing about that. You can have that easy target, I dont bother.
What I am saying: on a club level Estonian clubs this season have a good chance against Lithuanian clubs, although your budgets are even in the crisis still 3-4X bigger. just strange, that in close games at home Lithuanian superclubs always get huge amount of freethrows, they dont get these in similarly close games in Euroleague or UlebCup. Only a braindead homer can argue, that it's a coincidence and never has anything to do with home referees.

Ha ha, that’s a good one.
Yes, there is a problem .and always has been -with Estonian basketball itself. And referees are cunts most of the time ,win a game or lose.

Mindozas
12-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Everybody knows Estonian basketball totally suck compared to Lithuanian, especially last 10 years, no arguing about that. You can have that easy target, I dont bother.
What I am saying: on a club level Estonian clubs this season have a good chance against Lithuanian clubs, although your budgets are even in the crisis still 3-4X bigger. just strange, that in close games at home Lithuanian superclubs always get huge amount of freethrows, they dont get these in similarly close games in Euroleague or UlebCup. Only a braindead homer can argue, that it's a coincidence and never has anything to do with home referees.

LOL. Again you with your "big amounts of free throws". I can remind you, that Zalgiris-Kalev commited fouls were 19:26, moreover yesterday's game Rytas-Rock commited fouls were 27:30. So where the f*ck is the problem here? That Lithuanian clubs plays more aggresively in the paint? or has better players, who are harder to stop and they can receive a chance to shoot ft even rivals' club don't has more than 4 teams' fouls?

Richey666
12-24-2008, 03:51 PM
LOL: The problem is: How come, these clubs who "play more aggressively in the paint" and "better players, who are harder to stop", NEVER receive a chance to shoot many freethrows against similarly weaker clubs in Euroleague or Uleb?
Hmm i guess your answer is smth. like

"Estonian clubs are so bad, that their players foul all the time, and that's why we win only in the last minutes thanks to huge amount freethrows. But the clubs we beat in Euroleague or Ulebcup are so good, that we beat them easily by 20 and we don't need to attack them in paint. So we don't need freethrows there. It has nothing to do with referess!:D :D :D

LOL. Again you with your "big amounts of free throws". I can remind you, that Zalgiris-Kalev commited fouls were 19:26, moreover yesterday's game Rytas-Rock commited fouls were 27:30. So where the f*ck is the problem here? That Lithuanian clubs plays more aggresively in the paint? or has better players, who are harder to stop and they can receive a chance to shoot ft even rivals' club don't has more than 4 teams' fouls?

Mindozas
12-24-2008, 04:15 PM
LOL: The problem is: How come, these clubs who "play more aggressively in the paint" and "better players, who are harder to stop", NEVER receive a chance to shoot many freethrows against similarly weaker clubs in Euroleague or Uleb?
Hmm i guess your answer is smth. like

"Estonian clubs are so bad, that their players foul all the time, and that's why we win only in the last minutes thanks to huge amount freethrows. But the clubs we beat in Euroleague or Ulebcup are so good, that we beat them easily by 20 and we don't need to attack them in paint. So we don't need freethrows there. It has nothing to do with referess!:D :D :D

Ha ha ha. What a comparison, OMG, are you for real here? :D :D :D

Troll
12-25-2008, 12:05 PM
lol what a stupid argument... the ref's suck in all 3 of the countries. BBL's point is good warmup games during euro season... win or lose personally I dont care. You think rock is so good ? beat rytas, ask, barons at HOME.... like every other team in the league wins at home. If you're gonna say estonian ref's calls support the opponent then you're either blind or just stupid... they dont intentionally support anyone, they just have no clue about what is a foul and whats not and call whatever they want against both teams.
Tired of all the whining rock fans... get a life.

C-ka
12-25-2008, 04:17 PM
What a proud corrupt Lith :P
As I told you, smartass, I am really happy when this league vanishes. For some reason Tsintsadze has never misbehaved or gotten technical, let alone disqualif foul in Euro games thru 3 seasons. I won't protect here, in this video he had the offensive foul, but we don't see what happened before that in fourth quarter. I wonder, what you [Unnecessary: deleted] will tell us, when Rytas and Zalgiris will have Eastern League with Russian referees in Moscow. Bet you will be really happy about it when CSKA gets on a very close game 37 free-throws compared to Zalgiris 7 (Like Kalev-Zalgiris game in the beginning of season). It's totally fair, cause Zalgiris has no inside game whatsoever right? :D Judging by your arrogance you would be first to cry out, but now you cannot admit, there's something wrong with your own guys' whistling.

Regarding money, maybe you guys should pay a little more for tickets? I would pay 10-20% more for neutral referees.How Adriatic League can afford them?
[Unnecessary: deleted] Who's whining here? A guy who is [Unnecessary: deleted] enough to repeat again and again that big difference in the number free-throws equals biased refereeing. Zalgiris has no inside game what? How come you can't shut up your mouth about things you have no clue about = basketball?
What happened before in the 4th quarter, tell me? This was an obvious foul, so in what way is it fair and professional to act like that? Why aren't latvians crying all the time, and you come after every closer game? Your fucking teams handle for three quarters, and then get too tired, nervous, start making mistakes, then get even more nervous as they are losing their chance to make a sensation. That's what happens. And [Unnecessary: deleted] can't get through with it.

Richey666
12-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Your OVERRATED Lithuanian teams get these wins in Baltic League at home very often ONLY thanks to the freethrows and you're so dumb that you cannot even admit it. No Lith here has even answered to my very simple question: WHY isnt there big free-throw difference, when Lithuanian teams play with neutral referees? Why they never get 37 or 42 freethrows in close games there? Don't get me with your arrogant attitude, that ONLY Estonian teams lose it and get tired after three quarters. It was the same how referees destroyed Barons in the Rytas-Barons game in fourth quarter etc to save Rytas ass (Rytas got 37 freethrows, Barons 24). Your criminal referees lose it after three quarters when they understand, that they HAVE TO help to save your fake basketball pride. To hell with this corrupt Baltic League!

to C-Ka: I comment here as much as I want to and so do you. And I've never called anyone names, before you start doing it. Probably because you guys dont have any arguments, you only have small brains to attack the messenger.

What makes me different is that I will never be such a crazy fanatic, when I will see Lithuanian star player attacking Estonian referee for whistling, I only blame the player. At least I acknowledge there's a problem somewhere. And I will not be proud when our referees will whistle to our players 16:0 freethrows against Zalgiris.

Demarr
12-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Your OVERRATED Lithuanian teams get these wins in Baltic League at home very often ONLY thanks to the freethrows and you're so dumb that you cannot even admit it. No Lith here has even answered to my very simple question: WHY isnt there big free-throw difference, when Lithuanian teams play with neutral referees? Why they never get 37 or 42 freethrows in close games there? Don't get me with your arrogant attitude, that ONLY Estonian teams lose it and get tired after three quarters. It was the same how referees destroyed Barons in the Rytas-Barons game in fourth quarter etc to save Rytas ass (Rytas got 37 freethrows, Barons 24). Your criminal referees lose it after three quarters when they understand, that they HAVE TO help to save your fake basketball pride. To hell with this corrupt Baltic League!

to C-Ka: I comment here as much as I want to and so do you. And I've never called anyone names, before you start doing it. Probably because you guys dont have any arguments, you only have small brains to attack the messenger.

What makes me different is that I will never be such a crazy fanatic, when I will see Lithuanian star player attacking Estonian referee for whistling, I only blame the player. At least I acknowledge there's a problem somewhere. And I will not be proud when our referees will whistle to our players 16:0 freethrows against Zalgiris.

Tartu Rock with neutral referees (freethrows):

Allianz Swans vs Tartu Rock - 23/33 vs 14/17
Tartu Rock vs Allianz Swans - 20/28 vs 18/28
CSK-VVS Samara vs Tartu Rock - 20/26 vs 5/8
Tartu Rock vs Bologna Virtus - 5/11 vs 14/19
Tartu Rock vs Base Oostende - 16/20 vs 20/25
Tartu Rock vs CSK-VVS Samara - 9/12 vs 12/22

You can clearly see that Rock gets significant amount less freethrows especially in the away games. You can't blame Lithuanians here, can you? :rolleyes:

LuDux
12-26-2008, 04:22 PM
+4 52:30 (http://www.bbl.net/index.php/b19sYW5nPWVuJm9fc2Vhcz02Jm9fbGVhZz0xJmZ1c2VhY3Rpb2 49Z2FtZXMubWFpbiZnX2lkPTUxMw==)

+1 34:20 (http://www.basket.ee/index.php?mid=13&section=boxscore&gid=2009001005)

Troll
12-26-2008, 05:42 PM
+4 52:30 (http://www.bbl.net/index.php/b19sYW5nPWVuJm9fc2Vhcz02Jm9fbGVhZz0xJmZ1c2VhY3Rpb2 49Z2FtZXMubWFpbiZnX2lkPTUxMw==)

+1 34:20 (http://www.basket.ee/index.php?mid=13&section=boxscore&gid=2009001005)

whats you're point ? especially Kalev vs Tarvas.... Its like Rytas vs Nevezis.

This whole FT comparison is stupid... the more physical and aggressive team is gonna get more FT simple, whoever the ref's are. Of course the weaker the skill level of 1 team the more fouls their gonna make anyway. No1 in Rock can guard Chuck Eidson straight up, it's gonna end in a foul or him scoring. So before arguing the FT amount actually compare the players and their skill level...

LuDux
12-26-2008, 06:45 PM
whats you're point ? especially Kalev vs Tarvas.... Its like Rytas vs Nevezis.

My point: it's possible to "prove" that Estonian referees are as corrupt as Lithuanian. In both cases Kalev won at home by small margins and with huge advantage in FT's

Richey666
12-26-2008, 07:02 PM
I watched this crazy game in live and I gotta admit the Estonian referees seemed kind of unjust to Nevezis team. It was 55-minute game though, so 52 freethrows is normal by Lithuanian standards :D

Demarr , I agree Rock gets fewer freethrows usually, one more thing, statistically in Baltic League referees seem to call many more fouls than in Euro games. Kalev never had 37 freethrows against them in any Euro game last or this year, neither did Rock have 42. They played much more physical and aggressive teams than weakened Rytas and Zalgiris.

Richey666
12-26-2008, 07:20 PM
http://www.ohtuleht.ee/index.aspx?id=309515

Translation:
Rock headcoach Indrek Visnapuu: "Giorgi's behaviour was unacceptable. We just had talked, that we should forget about referees behaviour and concentrate on our game."
Rock captain Gert Kullamäe: "As a player I understand his rage. As a coach I wouldnt. At one moment it is too much, what referees are doing in BBL."

Once more: it is not only my sick fantasy, that there is refereeing problems in BBL.

Khalid80
12-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Wow!
I never knew things were that bad between the Lithuanians and the Estonians :)

auris1
12-28-2008, 10:16 AM
It’s never been a thing between nations per se – just an argument what gotten out of a hand with a lame excuse to justify years and years of the underperforming and jealousy.

Get Rich Or Die Playin
12-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Damn, what a game today was in Ventspils... Shorthanded ASK Riga (only 8 players, 3 of the fouled out in last minutes, so basically they finished game with no opportunities to make subs or player rotations) beat Ventspils 60:59 thanks to Sandis Valters three pointer at the buzzer...

Migelitas
12-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Damn, what a game today was in Ventspils... Shorthanded ASK Riga (only 8 players, 3 of the fouled out in last minutes, so basically they finished game with no opportunities to make subs or player rotations) beat Ventspils 60:59 thanks to Sandis Valters three pointer at the buzzer...

We got video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBNq9Wl_-HI

Get Rich Or Die Playin
01-03-2009, 06:00 PM
ASK Riga 87:108 Rytas

Post game press conference:
http://esports.lv/basketbols/seb_bbl/video/03012009_1955_kristaps_drikis_ask_riga_lietovos_ry

Get Rich Or Die Playin
01-03-2009, 06:22 PM
LOL, something really dumb happened in ASK Riga-Rytas game... There were some Barons Riga's fans and seems that they annoyed ASK's fans which resulted in a fight... Here's video: http://esports.lv/basketbols/video/03012009_1906_kristaps_drikis_ask_fani_izkaujas_ar

ASK fans are in gold jerseys and seems that they won fight. Both sides in this situation are acting like a fools...

Richey666
01-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Sad to hear, it's like those idiot fans in Belgrade or Athens. Police should get involved teach them a lesson, before these guys start burning cars.

FYI: Zalgiris had 48 freethrows today, damn, it must've been incredibly great offense, espcially Jankunas, be very afraid Euroleague teams! :rolleyes:

LOL, something really dumb happened in ASK Riga-Rytas game... There were some Barons Riga's fans and seems that they annoyed ASK's fans which resulted in a fight... Here's video: http://esports.lv/basketbols/video/03012009_1906_kristaps_drikis_ask_fani_izkaujas_ar

ASK fans are in gold jerseys and seems that they won fight. Both sides in this situation are acting like a fools...

C-ka
01-04-2009, 04:37 PM
FYI: Zalgiris had 48 freethrows today, damn, it must've been incredibly great offense, espcially Jankunas, be very afraid Euroleague teams! :rolleyes:
This sarcasm of your is simply pathetic.:D Ventspils hasn't got a player half the class of Jankunas, and you are trying with all you can to make Zalgiris or Rytas look weak. Even with the difficult situation, Zalgiris and Rytas are stile miles and miles away from any other BBL team, so what's your point?
and cut this sick obsession of your with the number of free-throws. For the last time, FREE-THROWS DO NOT INDICATE REFEREEING, ONLY THE NUMBER OF FOULS MIGHT BE AN ARGUMENT, which part of this haven't you fucking understood yet?:D if a damm defender is too slow or weak anyway, he fouls his opponent, that's basic ffs...:o

Straight forward
01-05-2009, 04:01 PM

That "free throws" argument is getting really funny, man :p I really appreciate your effort to implant some intrigue in BBL games, but it seems that things back to normal since Žalgiris has stable roster and Rytas came to the normal shape.

Richey666
01-06-2009, 12:26 AM
C'ka, you are [Unnecessary: deleted] enough not to know anything about basket FT maths. It's easy to whistle questionable fouls right in the beginning of decisive quarters, so later every touch results in FTs. So even when fouls are whistled even, like 4-4-4-4 vs 2-2-2-10, freethrows can be 10:0 or 25:10. That's what happened with Kalev-Zalgiris game in October, when Lithuanian referees stole Kalev victory, by giving Zalgiris 16:0 freethrows in last quarter, although difference in fouls was smaller.

What is pathetic, how Zalgiris players NEVER get the huge amount of FTs with neutral referees. Never in LKL games with Sakalai or other loser teams. But when they play foreign teams in BBL at home, all those overrated Zalgiris youngsters mystically transform into unstoppable stars, who are fouled almost on every play. :D Must be magic coincidence, that they are never able to do it in LKL or Euro games, even if winning big.:rolleyes:
Of couse in last game FT's didnt matter, but 48 in an early-decided game was just funny to me. Seems I hit the nail on the head, when someone against lost his cool even against small sarcastic remark. :p

Regarding Zalgiris being "miles and miles away from any other BBL team", the BBL standings do NOT show it and we'll see you suckers in Tallinn soon. Let's see what you can do with 400% of Kalev's budget with your overpaid Lithuanians, when Woods happens to leave. Our fans havent forgotten all those shamelessly stolen games in Kaunas, we'll give your "superstars" hell this year! I wanna see that unstoppable Jankunas playing, when there aint no corrupt star-system refereeing to help!

This sarcasm of your is simply pathetic.:D Ventspils hasn't got a player half the class of Jankunas, and you are trying with all you can to make Zalgiris or Rytas look weak. Even with the difficult situation, Zalgiris and Rytas are stile miles and miles away from any other BBL team, so what's your point?
and cut this sick obsession of your with the number of free-throws. For the last time, FREE-THROWS DO NOT INDICATE REFEREEING, ONLY THE NUMBER OF FOULS MIGHT BE AN ARGUMENT, which part of this haven't you fucking understood yet?:D if a damm defender is too slow or weak anyway, he fouls his opponent, that's basic ffs...:o

Migelitas
01-06-2009, 06:12 AM
nothing new, same pathetic excuses, stolen victory - :D:D

And about sucking - history shows, that estonian allmighty club sucks, licks and blows really good.

And personal from me - I promise always give you an answer in your way of discusion, even if it isn't my style, so if you want to proceed in such way, please keep going.:mad:

Richey666
01-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Too bad i have rock-solid arguments, and none of you guys, (except 1 from Ludux) dont have any. This and your personal fake pride is why you only resort to personal attacks and ridiculing. Please stop it and get some facts to counter.

My points:

1) FT imbalance does influence game results:

2) Imbalance, namely absurdly big number of FT's for Lithuanian teams very often exists, when Lithuanian club plays with Lithuanian referees at home, in very rare cases also in Estonia or Latvia.

3) It is not legitimate to assume, that the reason is higher level on Lithuanian teams compared to Estonian or Latvian clubs, because such imbalance does NOT exist in favour of Lithuanian neither in LKL nor in Euro games, when they're playing with weaker clubs.
--------------------------------------------------------------
4) Verdict: Lithuanian referees whistle home games biased, the disparity especially appears suddenly, when games happen to be close. This is also argued several times by Estonian players and coaches and indirectly confirmed for example by Ventspils coach (look my earlier posts). I think with neutral referees (or biased refereeing in every country, not only Lithuania) current BBL standings could look quite different.

5) Reasons: I don't really know the reasons for biased refereeing, cause Lithuanian basketball still is so much better than Estonian and Latvian, so it's clubs should be able to win games without referee help, at least at home. But the difference between Lithuanian clubs and other Baltic clubs has strongly decreased during last years, especially with financial crisis hitting. I guess, maybe the attitude or patriotism of Lithuanian referees is just too strong to let them see things equally. So every questionable situation is maybe whistled in favour of local club.

6) I wish the discussion would go on in civilised manner from now on, moderator should delete pointless personal attacks.

And personal from me - I promise always give you an answer in your way of discusion, even if it isn't my style, so if you want to proceed in such way, please keep going.:mad:

Mindozas
01-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Too bad i have rock-solid arguments

So why you don't write them?

Richey666
01-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Beautifully criminal referee-work in BBL again. 15 fouls for Kalev whistled already and the second quarter isnt even over yet. Estonian commentator getting angry on TV, but well what does it matter....

Demarr
01-23-2009, 07:20 PM
but well what does it matter....

Nevertheless you will be here after the next game aswell, blaming referees once again. Somehow I can forecast that :D

We didn't lose that game thanks to referees, we simply lost it because we played crap and thats it.

To Latvians: Is Valters staying with ASK or is he going to leave?

Get Rich Or Die Playin
01-23-2009, 07:22 PM
To Latvians: Is Valters staying with ASK or is he going to leave?
His status is uncertain. There's rumors about him going to Ukraine.

Postgame press conference video:
http://esports.lv/basketbols/seb_bbl/video/23012009_2258_kristaps_drikis_ask_riga_kalev_cramo

auris1
01-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Beautifully criminal referee-work in BBL again. 15 fouls for Kalev whistled already and the second quarter isnt even over yet. Estonian commentator getting angry on TV, but well what does it matter....

Dina Byrnes: I had no idea you could milk a cat.
Greg Focker: Oh yeah, you can milk anything with nipples.

Richey666
02-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Kalev thrashed Zalgiris 84:57!!! :D

Difference could've been 40 points, if Vucinic hadn't used all the bench boys for several minutes in the end. Kalev had 82:46 lead before that and the gap was widening every minute.
Zalgiris did not have Maciulis, but this is not excuse. Lyde posterized Jankunas several times. I know it's only one game, but nobody cant say it wasnt important, cause fight for getting second place in BBL, which means direct Final Four pace, is very serious. I am surprised Zalgiris lost vithout a serious fight.
Estonian clubs seem to have managed money much better than Latvian and Lithuanian counterparts this year, cause no foreigners have left from Rock or Kalev. Maybe it gives us a chance in Final Four.

LuDux
02-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Ft's:
Zalgiris 17/20
Kalev 4/6

No surprice since referees were Aras Kalikas, Tadas Suslauskas and Tomas Suslauskas

Migelitas
02-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Ft's:
Zalgiris 17/20
Kalev 4/6

No surprice since referees were Aras Kalikas, Tadas Suslauskas and Tomas Suslauskas

Yes, strange, that we don't hear any crying about such f.king estonian refereeing.
Now about that game. No light in Žalgiris' players eyes. But who can blame them - they are playing for free. Injured Šalenga came to Tallinn...He could simply call Krapikas and tell, that he will stay in bed. Same goe to Žukauskas. And I simply can thank them, that they training and playing in this time.

And for Kalev. They realy look good. If they will keep all players and will be in shape, I can see them in Final.

Demarr
02-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Press conference (comments from John Linehan, Nenad Vucinic and Gintaras Krapikas)

http://www.bckalev.ee/pressikas.php?id=118

Richey666
02-11-2009, 02:42 AM
LOL, I appreciate your good sense of irony, but your point is BS and you know it.
Kalev went to play this game hard, Zalgiris came to lose without any effort. If Zalgiris decides to give up countless dunks and layups without contesting them, we'll take it any day.
My previous posts were about huge FT disparity in close games, I was never talking about games, that were decided by halftime.

Ft's:
Zalgiris 17/20
Kalev 4/6

Demarr
02-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Crazy game in Vilnius today between Lietuvos Rytas & BC Kalev. First half ended 56-59.

Migelitas
02-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Crazy game in Vilnius today between Lietuvos Rytas & BC Kalev. First half ended 56-59.

Yeap, game without defence from both sides. Great game by Kalev, though LR had more fuel in the end.

Richey666
02-14-2009, 05:47 PM
http://sport.postimees.ee/?id=82475
Nenad Vucinic is finally asking the same question as I have - why the hell there's no neutral referees in such a big league!?

Graham
02-14-2009, 08:31 PM
The Rytas-Kalev game second-half is here:
http://sport.err.ee/index.php?0&popup=video&id=7367

Migelitas
02-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Žalgiris trashed students from Tartu 91:64 :D

Quiet easy victory, I did not expect such game. And if we will talk about fouls, like some member it was equal:p

Richey666
02-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah, Rock sucked badly today and Zalgiris played with great intensity in front of home crowd, hunger strike is temporarily over or what? :D

What's surprising how Rytas gave away game to Siauliai. Hope they won't do the same with Zalgiris in last BBL game, although I know this rivalry talk, yadda yadda yadda...will see whether Lukauskis and Eidson will have the day off too. :p

Speaking of referees, it seemed to me, Kalev/Cramo finally saw some homecourt advantage in game with Nevezis, it was about time. :rolleyes:

Migelitas
02-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah, Rock sucked badly today and Zalgiris played with great intensity in front of home crowd, hunger strike is temporarily over or what? :D

What's surprising how Rytas gave away game to Siauliai. Hope they won't do the same with Zalgiris in last BBL game, although I know this rivalry talk, yadda yadda yadda...will see whether Lukauskis and Eidson will have the day off too. :p

Speaking of referees, it seemed to me, Kalev/Cramo finally saw some homecourt advantage in game with Nevezis, it was about time. :rolleyes:

Oh c'mon. I have waited not for such soft post:p

Of course LR wouldn't do that. They simply were a little bit too carefull about tuesday game against Charleroi, why they left Lukauskis and Eidson. They will play against Žalgiris.
And btw, I dont see any chanse for Ventspils victory in Tanni Linn, so after friday's victory against Nevėžis Cramo took that spot.

jugoplastika
03-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Interesting individual performance, triple-double for Bernard King.
No, it's not famous Bernard King, former NBA player.:p

Ventspils Bernard King Records Triple Double in Baltic League Win

In a must win victory for the Latvian club Ventspils to keep any hope alive of going to the Baltic League Playoffs, Bernard King (Higher Vision Sports) records one of the few triple doubles in european basketball all season long with 16 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists to beat Valmeira 77-94 in Latvia Saturday night.

The 6'5" King is playing point guard a position that he has longed to play in Europe. "I will go on record and say that if a team lets Bernard King play point guard they will find that he is one of the best players in Europe hands down, without a question, without any doubt," said his agent Craig McKenzie.

Migelitas
03-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Today disciplinary committee of BBL anounced it decision concerning Petravičius' disqualifying foul, which took place in LR last match versus BC Šiauliai. Petravičius got that foul because of elbowing Saulius Kuzminskas.
A LR center was banned with 250€, but hi wont miss saturday match against Žalgiris in Siemens Arena. If judges would be harsher, Marijonas could be banned for 1-5 games.

Richey666
03-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Good news. Still I expect Rytas intentionally to lose Saturday game, in case of Kalev win in Tallinn, as it would give both Lith clubs first two places and very likely brings Final Four to Vilnius instead of Tallinn.

Today disciplinary committee of BBL anounced it decision concerning Petravičius' disqualifying foul, which took place in LR last match versus BC Šiauliai. Petravičius got that foul because of elbowing Saulius Kuzminskas.
A LR center was banned with 250€, but hi wont miss saturday match against Žalgiris in Siemens Arena. If judges would be harsher, Marijonas could be banned for 1-5 games.

Gytaz
03-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Still I expect Rytas intentionally to lose Saturday game

:D This is hilarious.

Demarr
03-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Kurtinaitis: we wont make a gift to Žalgiris, we'll try to help Estonians (http://sport.err.ee/index.php?0589268)

rikhardur
03-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Good news. Still I expect Rytas intentionally to lose Saturday game
Against Žalgiris? :D

hot_sauce23
03-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Rytas have no chances in Saturday. This will be a blowout, Maciulis is angry!

P.S. Tamsa Pasitraukia, ir Pauksciai Pakyla, Maciulis, iveikia Ryta :) Hey hey hey Sveikinam rytaaaaa! :)

Basket_
03-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Bjelica will most likely miss game vs Žalgiris due to injury.

auris1
03-12-2009, 09:41 PM
P.S. Tamsa Pasitraukia, ir Pauksciai Pakyla, Maciulis, iveikia Ryta :) Hey hey hey Sveikinam rytaaaaa! :)
You have to sort your priorities right. It’s just one of them teams; otherwise it doesn’t make sense.
Unless it’s so hilarious that I am not able to get it due to my limited intellect

Migelitas
03-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Žalgiris did it. They won 75:77 with superb game by regular season MVP Jankūnas and turnover by Eidson !!!:p:D

Richey666
03-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Hahaha, what a nice crooked victory by Zalgiris. Did I told you so or DID I TOLD YOU SO :rolleyes:. But what do you want from a country where corruption is as widespread as in Russia or Africa. At least made some dough by betting on Zalgiris, as probably did everyone, who is not a complete idiot.

Will be nice to see how in a month suddenly Rytas has "surprisingly" regained form and will destroy Zalgiris by at least in every home game. But hey, today they were powerless! That loser Jankunas who was a joke in 57:84 loss to Kalev, was made superstar again by Rytas non-existent defense when needed.

Anyway, everybody in Estonia and Latvia already knows that BBL is run by incompetent corrupt people, who desperately try to keep their clubs in game in every possible dishonest way. Rytas-Zalgiris crooked game is actually piece of cake compared to crookness by Lithuanian referees in close games.

Migelitas
03-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Hahaha, what a nice crooked victory by Zalgiris. Did I told you so or DID I TOLD YOU SO :rolleyes:. But what do you want from a country where corruption is as widespread as in Russia or Africa. At least made some dough by betting on Zalgiris, as probably did everyone, who is not a complete idiot.
Like allways, same shit. And coruption. Look at yout fascist country.

Will be nice to see how in a month suddenly Rytas has "surprisingly" regained form and will destroy Zalgiris by at least in every home game. But hey, today they were powerless! That loser Jankunas who was a joke in 57:84 loss to Kalev, was made superstar again by Rytas non-existent defense when needed.

Yes, won first time in 20 years and will write it in every post. Like I said, they were one step from abyss, they simply could not to go to Tallinn, but they did and I am proud of it.

Anyway, everybody in Estonia and Latvia already knows that BBL is run by incompetent corrupt people, who desperately try to keep their clubs in game in every possible dishonest way. Rytas-Zalgiris crooked game is actually piece of cake compared to crookness by Lithuanian referees in close games.

So, what you are doing here yet. In Lithuania we think the same, LR and Žalgiris shouldn't play there. The have eurogames, why to play and do not have rest.

Gytaz
03-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Richey, [Unnecessary: deleted] I have nothing else to say to you.

Look at yout fascist country.

Migelitas, please don't fall to his level. There are idiots in every country. Personally, I think Estonia is great and Richey666 won't ruin the country's image for me.

Migelitas
03-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Migelitas, please don't fall to his level. There are idiots in every country. Personally, I think Estonia is great and Richey666 won't ruin the country's image for me.
I know. And I want to apologyse to Demarr, who has so great signature. But simply can't see, what this [Unnecessary: deleted] writes in every post. I know too, that he is [Unnecessary: deleted], but I have promissed once to answer him with the same style, and everybody who knows me, cant say that I keep my promisse.

Richey666
03-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Fascist? Wow. With people like you, Lithuania should really exit EU join Putin's Russian Federation. You seem to have much more similar views with Putin than you do with Europe.
Zalgiris goes into abyss nevertheless, i guess today's victory gives some more mercy time.
Great, that we at least agree about BBL having no point whatsoever with biased refereeing. Maybe Eastern League with Russia comes to pass, only trouble for you would be that with neutral referees at least Zalgiris would've been at the bottom of the league.

Yes, won first time in 20 years and will write it in every post. Like I said, they were one step from abyss, they simply could not to go to Tallinn, but they did and I am proud of it.

So, what you are doing here yet. In Lithuania we think the same, LR and Žalgiris shouldn't play there. The have eurogames, why to play and do not have rest.

Troll
03-14-2009, 04:57 PM

No reason to get so excited over some stupid comments by some kid. Calling us fascist ? Its as good as calling us italiens.
Whay we play BBL ? so we dont have too much rest and get some nice warmup games for euro and after that just so our players have something to do for rest of the season.

Richey666
03-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Well if stating simple facts like this: http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2008
makes someone moron, i feel really sorry for you. :D

Richey, you're an idiot. Moron. I have nothing else to say to you.

Migelitas
03-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Fascist? Wow. With people like you, Lithuania should really exit EU join Putin's Russian Federation. You seem to have much more similar views with Putin than you do with Europe.
I think you will make this faster. And personaly I prefer Klaus.

Zalgiris goes into abyss nevertheless, i guess today's victory gives some more mercy time.
I thin you faster will marry a comunist husbund, then this will come true.

Great, that we at least agree about BBL having no point whatsoever with biased refereeing. Maybe Eastern League with Russia comes to pass, only trouble for you would be that with neutral referees at least Zalgiris would've been at the bottom of the league.
Well good for you, atleast esstonian teams would suffer less defeats

Gytaz
03-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Well if stating simple facts like this: http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2008
makes someone moron, i feel really sorry for you. :D

Actually, you kinda shoot yourself in a foot here, because this link shows that corruption is not nearly as much widespread in Lithuania as it is in Russia.

Well, your argument was completely out of place anyway...

And yes, corruption level in Lithuania is higher than it is in Estonia. Yes, Estonians are managing their country much better than Lithuanians do. So what? This has nothing to do with LR - Zalgiris game and doesn't change the fact that you're writing complete nonsense.

Richey666
03-14-2009, 05:36 PM
This is called venting.;)
And anyway what exactly is nonsense? I think it's pretty reasonable to expect Rytas gave the game to Zalgiris.. What I am raging against is the complete nonsense talk by YOU guys, who are saying because of strong rivalry Rytas did everything to win this game.

For example, Estonian media noted, that Rytas didnt fight for boards at all, by giving 15 offensive rebounds to Zalgiris, this is beyond ridiculous.

The softer possible explanation could be, that non-importance of the game affected Rytas players more than the rivalry and pride in front of their 8800 home fans. Which is pretty sad, though.

And yes, corruption level in Lithuania is higher than it is in Estonia. Yes, Estonians are managing their country much better than Lithuanians do. So what? This has nothing to do with LR - Zalgiris game and doesn't change the fact that you're writing complete nonsense.

Nimonas
03-14-2009, 05:38 PM
c'mon, let's just ignore this [Unnecessary: deleted] kid.
he obviously didn't see the game.
and if he did, and still is talking rubbish, I suggest him to start stars-agency for Hollywood, and try to recruit every player, coach and referee after they finished their careers.
you will make a lot of money by being their agent, dude. every Hollywood-made drama movie will want to have them at their cast after such an incredible acting in basketball court.

and yes.
Rytas did intentionaly lose against Siauliai and ZK because to get BBL Final4 in Vilnius.

Miškinis
03-14-2009, 05:40 PM
So if I got it correctly: if Rytas wins it's under the plan. If Žalgiris - it's a fake? I don't get the point why are you so angry. I mean, if your team is so great and lith clubs are so pathetic so calm down, be patient the time will come, you (I mean Estonian team) will have a chance to prove it by beating any Lithuanian club.

Richey666
03-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Acting my ass. Giving up 15 offensive rebounds and committing turnovers doesnt really require any talent. Must be mentally challenged to be basketball fan in Lithuania, as no-one here isnt even half-ready to admit, that just MAYBE Rytas didnt play 100% their heart out. Only plain ignorance. Probably because basketball is religion in Lithuania and there cannot be no evil deeds whatsoever.
By the way I wouldnt rule out, that Kalev and Rock woulda made similar deal in Estonia, our teams and referees aint saints neither. But at least here wouldnt be such hysterical brainwashed screaming, how all the strange facts about the games are "mentally challenged, jealousy, lies, blah blah."

c'mon, let's just ignore this mentally challenged kid.
he obviously didn't see the game.
and if he did, and still is talking rubbish, I suggest him to start stars-agency for Hollywood, and try to recruit every player, coach and referee after they finished their careers.
you will make a lot of money by being their agent, dude. every Hollywood-made drama movie will want to have them at their cast after such an incredible acting in basketball court.

and yes.
Rytas did intentionaly lose against Siauliai and ZK because to get BBL Final4 in Vilnius.

rikhardur
03-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Will you guys stop this nonsense please?

Nimonas
03-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Acting my ass. Giving up 15 offensive rebounds and committing turnovers doesnt really require any talent. Must be mentally challenged to be basketball fan in Lithuania, as no-one here isnt even half-ready to admit, that just MAYBE Rytas didnt play 100% their heart out. Only plain ignorance.

did you, or did you not see the game, *censored* kid?

Nimonas
03-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Will you guys stop this nonsense please?

ban him, and nonsense will stop. I promise.

Richey666
03-14-2009, 06:08 PM
What exactly is nonsense? We have difference of opinion whether Rytas let Zalgiris to win the game
I, unless one censorship-minded guy here, can aplogize for my personal remarks about Lithuanians, too bad no-one wants to discuss strange facts, I brought out.
When on other threads it's possible to discuss, whether US Olympic team was preferred by referees, why cannot we discuss this topic, where clearly stronger team had a very strange and surprising loss in front of their home fans, which directly benefitted other Lithuanian club...

Richey666
03-14-2009, 06:14 PM
I saw the end of game, so? You cannot read from game, whether it's given away or not, unless it's lost by 40 points. Don't underestimate your players so badly :D You can just put the facts together and analyze does it make sense that game was fair or not. Sure "intentional loss" is conspiracy theory, impossible to prove unless Lithuanian police launches investigation into the betting made in Lithuanian bookies, which they of course won't. You don't question religion, do you?

did you, or did you not see the game, *censored* kid?

Sss
03-14-2009, 06:19 PM
I saw the end of game, so? You cannot read from game, whether it's given away or not, unless it's lost by 40 points. Don't underestimate your players so badly :D You can just put the facts together and analyze does it make sense that game was fair or not. Sure "intentional loss" is conspiracy theory, impossible to prove unless Lithuanian police launches investigation into the betting made in Lithuanian bookies, which they of course won't. You don't question religion, do you?

oh please... based on the line movements in the Lithuanian and outside bookies more money were put on Rytas win.
You should have been baned a long time ago... such bullshit...

Nimonas
03-14-2009, 06:30 PM
I just wish I had such an imagination at my age.
by the way, when is Zeitgeist 3 comming out?

sorry,it's my last post about this topic. have better things to do then play "biggest conspiracy theories: 9/11, zionist order, Rytas-Zalgiris rivarly - what's next" with a child in solid forum.

Migelitas
03-14-2009, 06:33 PM
About rebounding, in OAKA Žalgiris won with 20 (offensive 20:3) reboundings versus PAO (i hope you admit, that PAO is way better than LR), but they lost with more than 20 points margin. LR didn't have not have such losers (i hope estonian clubs will have someday such jorkes and loosers how you love to say) like Jankūnas, Klimavičius or Mačiulis, who are true fighters in the paint. Or maybe you hope, that without trully PF, with only one center, who is tired to play 35minuts in every game , LR will grab more rebounds.
It is not first time, when Žalgiris wins in Siemens. Even LR fans admits, that somethinng wrong (in my way something good) gets with Žalgiris in Lithuanian derby. They could lose in Euroleague but they allways fighting with LR.

LuDux
03-14-2009, 09:34 PM
I noticed few interesting things:
1. "crowd" often didn't react to events on the floor or reacted before they occured or reacted after they occured.
2. Some people cheered when visitors won. Interestingly only in some sectors. I think crowd shots were stitched from different games
3. I saw no shadows. How is this possible when where's so many lights?
4. Eidson felt hard from great height and walked away like nothing happened. He even was not angry at person who "committed" "hard" "foul"

http://meltyourfaceoff.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/tin-foil-hat.jpg
Nice hat, Richey

Jukster
03-15-2009, 07:50 AM
I would say that if zalgiris had won rytas like with 10 points or something like that, I would'nt say that it was fraud, but Rytas, who's the best team in eurocup, let's zalgiris, who is completely weakened, to win the game in the final quarter with 2 points!! Rytas should have destroyed zalgiris in the final quarter.
But I think Kalev will show zalgiris in the semi-final who earns the second(or even the first) spot of BBL. I think it would be very childlish of zalgiris fans to not admit that Kalev is better than zalgiris at the present.

E: In the estonian newspaper was said that kurtinaitis will help estonians, and many other well-known basketball people have said that rytas will never give a game away to zalgiris. I would like to see some movement by rytas staff in the team if the rivalry between these clubs are so big.

Demarr
03-15-2009, 09:47 AM
I would say that if zalgiris had won rytas like with 10 points or something like that, I would'nt say that it was fraud, but Rytas, who's the best team in eurocup, let's zalgiris, who is completely weakened, to win the game in the final quarter with 2 points!! Rytas should have destroyed zalgiris in the final quarter.

I don't believe that Rytas just gave them the victory. In my opinion you're actually underestimating Žalgiris here and it rather looks like they are getting back on their feet.

You can take LFK Cup final in January as an example. Rytas beat Žalgiris 84-82 and they were trailing for almost the whole game and only won thanks to the game-winning triple from Lukauskis. And if i'm not wrong Žalgiris was playing only with 6 players back then. Why did Rytas have to make it so hard for themselves if they are so much stronger as you claim? Hopefully you can't see another conspiracy there? If you can then I just don't have any words left..

I mean yes, Žalgiris victory was great disappointment to most Kalev fans, that includes me, but all we can do is to curse our luck and think about forthcoming matches with Rock. We can't blame Rytas or Žalgiris.

It's always risky business when your faith is depending on someone else. We should of beaten either ASK or Ventspils in away games and looking it at now, it were those losses that really cost us our 2. place.

Nimonas
03-15-2009, 11:06 AM
I think it would be very childlish of zalgiris fans to not admit that Kalev is better than zalgiris at the present.

:)))
c'mon, you won first game in decade, and think you are on top of the world?
usually I'm very happy when Zalgiris have problems playing with Latvian and Estonian teams, and was extremely happy seeing Kalev destroying it by 30 points.
but after such a comments I will be more of Lithuanian patriot, and will hope Zalgiris will win in semifinals by 30 points margin.:)

auris1
03-15-2009, 02:07 PM
You guys – some of theories here would make David Icke proud.
On the serious note – loss to Zalgiris cost Sireika his job this season. And Vainauskas doesn’t like losing to Zalgiris. No way.But Rytas did not have to win this game (and they were thinking about eurocup final 8) .
Anyway, it sucks to rely on other teams to win. But probably everyone who watched the game can vouch that it was clean game played.
That’s the link to the game
http://media2.lrt.lt/ltv/20090314_1610_SEB_BBL_rungtynes_s1.wmv

Straight forward
03-15-2009, 05:31 PM
No seriously, Rikh, and other moderators. When Richey666 is writing "Jankunas is a loser" it's somehow OK. But when someone is writing "Richey666 is a loser" the post is being deleted. I don't like it. Richey is obviously crossed the line with that kind of posts and it doesn't make any good here.

As for the game, I don't see any signs of the game being mixed and It sounds funny for me. The was a fight with injuries and hard moments.

PS: Someone is still has no clue what the hell it means Žalgiris vs Rytas or Vainauskas vs Žalgiris' management. :o

[It's not the same thing Straight forward, players are public figures and I'm sure no-one gets personally offended if I call a player a moron or something. Now if Jankunas himself was a user here and an offensive word was directed to him, mods would have to act. There's a subtle difference ;) rikhardur]

Richey666
03-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Well, look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU4qrbfLXsk

Eidson is 99% fouled there. And funnily, for such a dramatic angry rivalry, as some here are desperately trying to convince any non-Liths, Rytas players and coaches showed remarkable indifference after being cheated out of victory through very controversial call. Especially considering earlier years clashes between teams and public...
If there were any naive doubts, that was or wasn't it a rigged game, closer look of this video removes them.

PS: SF, get over this Jankunas thing, you know very well guy hasn't turned out as great player as it was hoped by Marciulionis etc. , so in that sense he is a loser. No NBA material there. :rolleyes:
That said, obviously he's a solid player, not that I saw any of that in Tallinn, though. I am just picking on him, cause someone here in the forum was hyping him as guy who always gets on FT line when he wants to. Jesus, SF, get a sense of humor, not every Lith player is a saint! :D

Migelitas
03-15-2009, 08:59 PM
PS: SF, get over this Jankunas thing, you know very well guy hasn't turned out as great player as it was hoped by Marciulionis etc. , so in that sense he is a loser. No NBA material there. :rolleyes:
That said, obviously he's a solid player, not that I saw any of that in Tallinn, though. I am just picking on him, cause someone here in the forum was hyping him as guy who always gets on FT line when he wants to. Jesus, SF, get a sense of humor, not every Lith player is a saint! :D

So, I see we have here a hotdogeatingcoladrinkinggamewatching fanatic. I will be very happy, if Jankūnas won't play in NBA. Bodiroga and Šiškauskas are good examples. Jankūnas can go by those players steps.

And for sense of humor. Reading your post, i have only such feelings :eek::(:mad:

It's not the same thing Straight forward, players are public figures and I'm sure no-one gets personally offended if I call a player a moron or something. Now if Jankunas himself was a user here and an offensive word was directed to him, mods would have to act. There's a subtle difference

So what we can do. Many Liths do not know such player in Estonia, who could be such level as Jankūnas, and we could call him loser, moroon, et cetera, when he could make some damage to Lith club and Liths could hate him because of his game. Well, besides Gert,but he is too old and any Žalgiris fan wont call him like that, for us he is greatest estonian player.

Marius123
03-15-2009, 10:21 PM
For example, Estonian media noted, that Rytas didnt fight for boards at all, by giving 15 offensive rebounds to Zalgiris, this is beyond ridiculous.

15 offensive rebounds is over the usual norm, but not too extraordinary or "beyond ridiculous". If one looks at the last year's LKL finals series, for example, 10 or more offensive rebounds for one of the teams is the norm (happened in every single game), although rarely for both.

By the way, in the first BBL regular season game this season between Žalgiris and Rytas (in Kaunas), Žalgiris got the same 15 offensive rebounds (Rytas got 20).

Straight forward
03-16-2009, 12:25 PM

It's not the reason to call him a loser. I don't know who wanted Jankunas in NBA, but I personally prefer him in Žalgiris (It's pity the big European clubs are after him) ;)
And I don't think that the humour like "Estonian players are losers" would be so Okay even if that is near to be true while comparing them with Lithuanian players :p

C-ka
03-16-2009, 01:20 PM
All people who have at least any understanding in what's going on know that the game could never be prearranged between these two teams. While we've experienced long time ago already that Richey666 is a complete horse head and is talking complete crap, and this "cheating" case probably tops all of his previous truths. A silly, angry kid, whose arguments get beaten one after another but he somehow manages not to admit it and continues talking crap. Grow up. Once learn to admit you are wrong. You're just another of the Basketball_Player aka V-Span666 kind, when you have 10 people telling you that you're wrong, but you won't listen. In what way, do you think, you are better than ALL the other commentators? Your arguments are always crappy, man. See that last episode? Why are you lying? Eidson didn't protest? Why the hell then Zalgiris defended so agressively in the last seconds? I mean, you are talking complete absurd. No one gives a rats ass about your [...] Kalev (as I understood, you can call names everything but the IBN users, right rikh? ;) ), no one is afraid of it. And obviously, the win would've given much to Rytas as in that case Zalgiris would've had to play additional games before the Final4, which means additional tiredness for the only other team that can compete for the title. The winner of BBL is decided in a game between Rytas and Zalgiris, and it doesn't really matter whether it will be a final or a semi-final. The point is that by losing, Rytas provided their main and only rival in BBL - Zalgiris - with better chances to beat Rytas itself in the final. Wow, that's just so logical duuude.

You'll get your [...] Kalev play Zalgiris in the semis and then we'll see who are the losers.

Demarr
03-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Just don't react to his posts, it's just a waste of time. It's clear to me that he will never-ever start admitting if someone else is right and will just continue making up this provocative bullsh*t. One can see whatever he wants to see.

''The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.''

Marcus Aurelius

Nimonas
03-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Just don't react to his posts, it's just a waste of time. It's clear to me that he will never-ever start admitting if someone else is right and will just continue making up this provocative bullsh*t. One can see whatever he wants to see.

''The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.''

Marcus Aurelius

+1

and maybe let's go back to the topic.

quaterfinals will be played best of two or best of three?

does Rock stand a chance against Kalev?

what's current ASK form? I know they lost a lot of players and had financial problems, did situation improved?

and when will they decide where Final4 will be held?

Migelitas
03-16-2009, 04:25 PM
+1

and maybe let's go back to the topic.

quaterfinals will be played best of two or best of three??

Neither. Points difference.

does Rock stand a chance against Kalev?

In estonian league Rock won 2 games (of 3), but lost both in BBL.

and when will they decide where Final4 will be held?

After this qualifying round, when all participants will be known.

Nimonas
03-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Neither. Points difference.

that's what I meant by saying "best of two".:)
though I would prefer to see teams playing to the 2 victories. I mean, it's kinda domestic league..

Even in Euroleague they're playing best of five.

Migelitas
03-16-2009, 04:35 PM
that's what I meant by saying "best of two".:)
though I would prefer to see teams playing to the 2 victories. I mean, it's kinda domestic league..

Even in Euroleague they're playing best of five.

Sorry, my mistake. Best of three ofcourse.
I didn't see april games.

Nimonas
03-16-2009, 09:08 PM
hahaha today on weekly TV show about sport on national television "quotation of the week" was selected anonymous comment from bbl.net

KALEVLANE 2009.03.14 18:30:20
All Estonians and Latvians should write protest letters to demand investigation of the game and the intent of result, also how much money did Rytas coaches and players bet on Zalgiris.

too bad they didn't read this forum, definetely they would've selected Richey as their hero.
maybe they even would've shown his photo (http://forums.interbasket.net/f9/bbl-baltic-basketball-league-2008-2009-8168/post250545.html)

auris1
03-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Let’s look at the bright side – if it wasn’t for Richey there wouldn’t be much activity on these topics.
Although it’s hard to get excited about Zalgiris playing Estonians teams anyway-I have been following Zalgiris for the last 30 years and it had never happened to me. And probably never will.

Fermoy
03-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Let’s look at the bright side – if it wasn’t for Richey there wouldn’t be much activity on these topics.
Although it’s hard to get excited about Zalgiris playing Estonians teams anyway-I have been following Zalgiris for the last 30 years and it had never happened to me. And probably never will.

30 years`?
Well,you seem to have a short memory.
Kalev-Zalgiris 84-57 rings a bell?:D

1991 also should fit into 30 years

auris1
03-17-2009, 12:16 AM
30 years`?
Well,you seem to have a short memory.
Kalev-Zalgiris 84-57 rings a bell?:D

1991 also should fit into 30 years

Did you get a tattoo with that score? Because I am sure that victory over 5 Zalgiris players who hadn’t been paid for the last 6 months in the game that was mere formality (Saturday’s game with Lrytas had been already fixed by this time) means a lot to you and probably never going to happen in the next 30 years. 1991 you say. Wow. You must be walking encyclopedia to remember things like that.
Anyway welcome to the forum

Fermoy
03-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Yeah money makes miracles.
You lose to Kalev with almost 30 points and as soon as you get paid you win Rytas:D Did Rytas pay Zalgiris wages lol ?:D

This was a joke btw!

I dont belive Rytas-Zalgiris game was fixed btw and the tattoo is actally not so bad idea.Win is a Win!

lafa
03-17-2009, 05:16 AM
sorry for my ignorance, but what happened in 1991?

Fermoy
03-17-2009, 06:00 AM
sorry for my ignorance, but what happened in 1991?

Kalev won the Soviet Union championship the last year it was played so we are still the champions of the USSR :D

But back on topic.
I like that Rytas lost cos now we can beat Rock again and play Zalgiris in semis.
I just hope the final 4 will be held in Riga or Tallinn.

lafa
03-17-2009, 06:31 AM
Kalev won the Soviet Union championship the last year it was played so we are still the champions of the USSR :D

But back on topic.
I like that Rytas lost cos now we can beat Rock again and play Zalgiris in semis.

As far as I rememeber Zalgiris did not participate in USSR championship that year, did they?
And FF 100% won't be held in Riga. It will be either Tallinn or Vilnius, it will be decided when all FF participants will be known.

Troll
03-17-2009, 08:02 AM
In estonian league Rock won 2 games (of 3), but lost both in BBL.

Kalev doesn't take estonian league seriously but Rock can beat Kalev since the lazy ass estonians like Tein in Rock only play hard when the opponent is Kalev... Also Kalev needs Linehan who has a knee injury, without him Kalev has sucked in every game.

caaprius
03-17-2009, 08:23 AM

well, Riga is out of the picture. SEB BBL is considering Tallinn and one of Lithuanian cities.

Straight forward
03-17-2009, 08:56 AM
auris1, you're a strange guy after all while you were unhappy with "inside knowledge" of Liths in this forum and now you're stating that the game was surely mixed what is complete ungrounded bullshit :p

Demarr
03-17-2009, 09:35 AM
And FF 100% won't be held in Riga. It will be either Tallinn or Vilnius, it will be decided when all FF participants will be known.

They are also talking about Šiauliai as a back-up plan.

Migelitas
03-17-2009, 10:54 AM
They are also talking about Šiauliai as a back-up plan.

Second time in a row? A little bit stange. There wasn't any F4 in Kaunas yet, I think.

C-ka
03-17-2009, 03:24 PM
OK, we see that the freaking "loser" Jankunas is the MVP of BBL regular season. We also see that after all the FF will probably be held in Tallinn. Where's our consipiracy fan Richey? ;D

Marius123
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Second time in a row? A little bit stange. There wasn't any F4 in Kaunas yet, I think.
Kaunas will have its chances later on, when the new arena is ready.

http://www.fotoskrydis.lt/wp-content/gallery/kaunas/cimg1009.jpg

http://www.fotoskrydis.lt/wp-content/gallery/kaunas/cimg1072.jpg

auris1
03-17-2009, 03:47 PM
auris1, you're a strange guy after all while you were unhappy with "inside knowledge" of Liths in this forum and now you're stating that the game was surely mixed what is complete ungrounded bullshit :p-
If by mixed you meant fixed then you probably didn’t read my posts properly. If you did, you should do it again. And again. And again.
“inside knowledge” - you have to enlighten me on this.

Straight forward
03-17-2009, 06:05 PM
-
If by mixed you meant fixed then you probably didn’t read my posts properly. If you did, you should do it again. And again. And again.
“inside knowledge” - you have to enlighten me on this.

Never mind, I'm just saying that the theory of fixed game is ungrounded. In other hand, It was easy to expect that from Estonian friends and maybe Latvian as well. Richey even started this "research" a way before this game :) All the answers "there's only war against Rytas and Žalgiris" didn't help :p

OK, we see that the freaking "loser" Jankunas is the MVP of BBL regular season. We also see that after all the FF will probably be held in Tallinn. Where's our consipiracy fan Richey? ;D

If Kalev will be in final 4 than It will be in Tallinn.

auris1
03-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Never mind
That’s just lame
Firstly you accuse me of being strange, and then you just dismiss me with never mind to proceed with the thought that everyone agreed upon long time ago (well apart from Richey of course).
And I am still waiting to hear when I was unhappy about inside knowledge

http://www.fotoskrydis.lt/wp-content/gallery/kaunas/cimg1009.jpg

Reminds me-years ago we used to drink beer here- it was like a heaven (apart from the dog shit that it is)>so I am probably right to say that there is part of me in there – quite a bit ,to be honest.

Richey666
03-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Yeah, if 3-4 years ago someone would've predicted his biggest accomplishment by 2009 is only BBL MVP, everyone woulda laughed. Too bad it's the only league besides LKL he ever gets that title.
I don't get it, if those "big European clubs" were so much after Jankunas and Maciulis, why didnt they leave Zalgiris? If you tell me it's because of "pride and dedication you'll never understand", how come it was so gone in that legendary 84:57 game suddenly?

Regarding the game, I still believe Rytas or Lithuanian Basketball Federation let Zalgiris win that game as Lithuanian basketball pride ("We cannot let those slow Estonians to get ahead of our superclub, legendary Zalgiris") was obviously more important than rivalry, especially in these difficult times. Lithuanians stick together, don't they? As vicious the rivalry, neither of the clubs would like to see the other club to vanish, I guess.
I predict zero wins to Zalgiris in matches with Rytas, at least in any of the games outside Kaunas this season.
I also predict Kalev to win over Zalgiris in BBL semifinal, when
a) game is in Tallinn
b) we get over Rock, who is more uncomfortable enemy than Zalgiris
c) No injuries.

Will see, whether I am right or not. I would expect ton of apologies in case my predictions come true, but of course no-one will dare to lose face in May. :rolleyes:

joker
03-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Yeah, if 3-4 years ago someone would've predicted his biggest accomplishment by 2009 is only BBL MVP, everyone woulda laughed. Too bad it's the only league besides LKL he ever gets that title.
I don't get it, if those "big European clubs" were so much after Jankunas and Maciulis, why didnt they leave Zalgiris? If you tell me it's because of "pride and dedication you'll never understand", how come it was so gone in that legendary 84:57 game suddenly?
Žalgiris offered them enough money. Also they are both still studying in a university in Kaunas. Jankūnas became a father last autumn and said that he wouldn't like to go abroad with his baby. That's why they wanted to stay.

Regarding the game, I still believe Rytas or Lithuanian Basketball Federation let Zalgiris win that game as Lithuanian basketball pride ("We cannot let those slow Estonians to get ahead of our superclub, legendary Zalgiris") was obviously more important than rivalry, especially in these difficult times. Lithuanians stick together, don't they? As vicious the rivalry, neither of the clubs would like to see the other club to vanish, I guess.
I predict zero wins to Zalgiris in matches with Rytas, at least in any of the games outside Kaunas this season.

Lithuanian basketball federation (LKF) has nothing to do with Lithuanian basketball league (LKL). These are completely different organisations. And none of them cares about estonians. You are wrong - both clubs would like to see their main rival out of BBL Final four or any other tournament, because it would mean an easy title and a bad image to rival. "Lietuvos rytas" media group is always doing everything they can to make life even more difficult for Žalgiris. Especially after their main rival, "Respublika" media group, saved Žalgiris a few weeks ago. By the way both BBL and LKL are in the pocket of "Lietuvos rytas" through Romualdas Brazauskas and Tomas Rimkus, so it is impossible for Žalgiris to get any help from them.

Do you really believe that Estonian basketball became very important in Lithuania? That someone here is afraid of estonians and worried about pride of lithuanian basketball? No one cares about that loss in Tallinn. That game hasn't received almost any special attention here and there was no serious public reaction. For the last month or two the main topic here in Lithuania is the rescue of Žalgiris. Then there is some talk about LKL Finals. But there is no talk about estonians and almost no about BBL, who is a joke. These jerks are still changing the date of the Final 4 and they still don't know where will it be.

Žalgiris has won four last matches in Siemens arena.

auris1
03-20-2009, 07:33 PM
...Regarding the game, I still believe Rytas or Lithuanian Basketball Federation let Zalgiris win that game as Lithuanian basketball pride ("We cannot let those slow Estonians to get ahead of our superclub, legendary Zalgiris") was obviously more important than rivalry, especially in these difficult times.
I just realized after reading your posts that that phrase “slow Estonians “(coined by you) in your case has completely different meaning.

Nimonas
03-20-2009, 09:09 PM
both BBL and LKL are in the pocket of "Lietuvos rytas" through Romualdas Brazauskas and Tomas Rimkus

another good one:))))
this thread has become my favourite one.

Straight forward
03-21-2009, 11:21 AM
That’s just lame
Firstly you accuse me of being strange, and then you just dismiss me with never mind to proceed with the thought that everyone agreed upon long time ago (well apart from Richey of course).
And I am still waiting to hear when I was unhappy about inside knowledge

What the hell is your problem, man? :rolleyes:
All I'm saying that as I understood you were saying that the game of Rytas- ZAL was fixed. (If I misunderstood we should quit this already). And I disagreed with that, cause that's not grounded. And you're the one who don't like "inside out knowledge" (you tell me what it means :)).

It never ceases to amaze me how people here tend to have deep and thorough inside out knowledge of the basketball.

auris1
03-21-2009, 12:07 PM
And you're the one who don't like "inside out knowledge"

Ahh , i get it now. Well, by inside out I probably meant in and outs .Or knowing things on court and outside it as well. That was in reply to the comment that Kleiza should have few months off in the middle of the season. And it wasn’t a complain rather than a joke

lafa
03-23-2009, 09:07 AM
What the hell is your problem, man? :rolleyes:
All I'm saying that as I understood you were saying that the game of Rytas- ZAL was fixed. (If I misunderstood we should quit this already). And I disagreed with that, cause that's not grounded. And you're the one who don't like "inside out knowledge" (you tell me what it means :)).

dude, your software is waaaay outdated. Your Houmorsense is v.1.6, which doesn't support pretty useful plugins Sarcasm v.2 and Irony v.3.6. But those two are in service pack, that comes with brain 6.5. In your case it looks that your using brain 4.3, which won't accept installation of the beforementioned plugins, and that's just sad...

in other words, for those who dumb enough, i'll bold the part, which tells me hwo has some working grey cells in their grey_cell_container:

Even I have to admit – that was definite and shameless fix. It wasn’t that obvious until the very last second but still. Now I feel sorry for them 50 Estonians that that would have been attending final 4 in Talin. Still-there is hope.

Straight forward
03-23-2009, 09:37 AM
dude, your software is waaaay outdated. Your Houmorsense is v.1.6, which doesn't support pretty useful plugins Sarcasm v.2 and Irony v.3.6. But those two are in service pack, that comes with brain 6.5. In your case it looks that your using brain 4.3, which won't accept installation of the beforementioned plugins, and that's just sad...

in other words, for those who dumb enough, i'll bold the part, which tells me hwo has some working grey cells in their grey_cell_container:

dude, relax :) you didn't sound smart in this post really.

lafa
03-23-2009, 10:02 AM
dude, relax :) you didn't sound smart in this post really.

frankly it wasn't my intention, i really wanted to help you.

Straight forward
03-23-2009, 06:06 PM
frankly it wasn't my intention, i really wanted to help you.

You're only bringing shame to your self with that kind of posts.

It seems this thread is making people go crazy.

C-ka
03-24-2009, 08:13 PM

I second that Estonians are actually the only ones who care about "that legendary game"... :D and look quite silly bragging about it all around.
It seems your knowladge is actually very very shallow, again you talk out of your ass about things that "woulda happened some time ago", as well as claiming that something won't ever happen in the future. silly again.
How many "MVP's" does Kalev have (especially Estonian players)? None? That's what I thought. If you'd use your brain you'd understand that MVP award is just something that is given to only one or two Euroleague players per season. I doubt Nikola Vujcic ever got an MVP award in the higher level, does that mean he's a loser too? None says Jankunas is the best in Europe, eventhough in the Estonian league there is no player who is even close to his level.

And obviously, you look simply pathetic trying to convince Zalgiris is so much weaker than Rytas. Do you at least know the results of other matches between 'em this season? If you do, and still say this crap, you are a complete idiot.

Nimonas, you got to be blind not to admit Rimkus is a defender of Rytas' interests, dunno about Brazauskas, but I believe joker has his arguments.

Straight forward, I have to admit your thinking is quite shallow not to understand such post. it's easy to believe everybody else are just "behaving shamefully", but you gotta look at you're self, that's the only way you can improve you brain version. ;D

Straight forward
03-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Straight forward, I have to admit your thinking is quite shallow not to understand such post. it's easy to believe everybody else are just "behaving shamefully", but you gotta look at you're self, that's the only way you can improve you brain version. ;D

You're some kind of teachers or what? I never said I can't understand any post here unless it's disjointed posts (what is pretty frequent for some users). I never tell people what they should do and I really suggest the same to you.
The ones who try to "teach" the others in their posts just show their weakness.

lafa
03-26-2009, 05:27 AM
You're some kind of teachers or what? I never said I can't understand any post here unless it's disjointed posts (what is pretty frequent for some users). I never tell people what they should do and I really suggest the same to you.
The ones who try to "teach" the others in their posts just show their weakness.

dude, every second of your posts crack me up. keep up the good work! ;)
sorry for OT...

Troll
04-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Well rock won and goes to final 4... last sec 3 from Tanoka Beard lol how unlucky can Kalev get haha. The game was there for Kalev to take it but all the players had a brain meltdown and couldn't do anything right so thats it the weaker team won so Zalgiris must be happy at least. Not gonna blame the ref's for this loss, tho they were quite bad. I would rather blame Fox and Linehan for taking contested 3's 6 sec into an offense and other nonsense.

Get Rich Or Die Playin
04-01-2009, 06:18 PM
ASK Riga is rolling to Final Four, gotta love it!

Fermoy
04-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Rock can play good games ONLY against Kalev....Was the same "fix" as Rytas vs Zalgiris.

Demarr
04-01-2009, 06:37 PM
I can't f*cking believe it..

Rock just sits back for most of the season and when it comes to beat their archrival BC Kalev in the quarter-finals, they manage to do it. This is a nightmare.

http://sport.err.ee/index.php?0&popup=video&id=7665

Richey666
04-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Well, with today's game Kalev would've had no chances in FF anyway, it was just plain horrible display of non-exsistent teamplay unforced errors and stupid decisions, seems like complete breakdown at the end of season, just like last year.
Rock was also horrible, they just had more teamplay and a tiny little bit more luck with Beard's absurd buzzer-beater from 9 meters. Reminded me of unbelievable Duncan threepointer in last years playoffs, which basically killed Phoenix.

So whether Rytas-Zalgiris game was fixed or not, I will apologize and admit that final will likely played between Lithuanian clubs. Terrible day, but life goes on, at least personal life is wonderful. :)

Richey666
04-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Me too. Huge respect to ASK, who regardless of losing all the best players during the season still managed to fight into FF. In last game with Siauliai they only had 7 players and 204cm Helmanis, forward, probably had to play center position?
That's what I call soul and I wish it would exist in Kalev, who
played terrific season and had great potential, but choked as usually in playoffs.

ASK Riga is rolling to Final Four, gotta love it!

Demarr
04-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Tartu will host this years Final Four
http://ohtuleht.ee/index.aspx?id=322930

auris1
04-02-2009, 03:24 PM
From very reliable sources – T. Beard got paid to make that decisive last second three point shot. Admittedly it was all planned long beforehand, when Zalgiris cleverly sacked him and after unsuccessful spells in Israel (part of the master plan) he got signed for Tartu (and getting paid) those proving the conspiracy theory against Talin team. You could expect that from Lithuanians conspiring to avoid Talin team but get stuffed in such manner by another Estonian team wow,this shit is deep as they say overseas

Fermoy
04-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Ill be cheering for Zalgiris and ASK in the FF.

Straight forward
04-23-2009, 10:05 AM
So, the final 4 starts tomorrow (04-24). We have two Lithuanian teams (Žalgiris, Rytas), one Latvian (ASK Riga) and one Estonian team (Rock). Here's the pairs:

Lietuvos Rytas- ASK Riga
Zalgiris- Rock

What's your predictions? Will Rytas and Žalgiris get any problems in semis?

Richey666
04-23-2009, 04:11 PM
No, unless miracles happen.

Demarr
04-23-2009, 06:15 PM
So, the final 4 starts tomorrow (04-24). We have two Lithuanian teams (Žalgiris, Rytas), one Latvian (ASK Riga) and one Estonian team (Rock). Here's the pairs:

Lietuvos Rytas- ASK Riga
Zalgiris- Rock

What's your predictions? Will Rytas and Žalgiris get any problems in semis?

I can't see Rock causing big trouble for Žalgiris.
Rock doesn't have anyone who could physically cope with Jankunas or Maciulis and that will probably be the key. Rock can only stand a chance when they find a way how to neutralize (one of) them.

Rock can have ''shoot the lights out'' evenings but will they be able to do it tomorrow? For some reason I doubt it.

Straight forward
04-24-2009, 08:24 AM
I can't see Rock causing big trouble for Žalgiris.
Rock doesn't have anyone who could physically cope with Jankunas or Maciulis and that will probably be the key. Rock can only stand a chance when they find a way how to neutralize (one of) them.

Rock can have ''shoot the lights out'' evenings but will they be able to do it tomorrow? For some reason I doubt it.

I also think Jankūnas and Mačiulis will be the main factors. Not even Rytas can cope with these guys. Žalgiris is preparing really seriously and they don't have much of quality games lately, so they will be motivated. M. Kalnietis thinks that Rock has a nice starting lineup, but the bench is bit short, so he thinks that could be a key of the game. While Mr. Kurtinaitis thinks that Rock has equal chances against Žalgiris :cool:

In other hand, ASK is also a solid team. At least some fight is expected.

ArnoldPettybone
04-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Rytas vs. ASK Riga here (http://www.lrt.lt/ltv-WLD-vid.asx) (15:30 CET)

Demarr
04-24-2009, 05:19 PM
According to Delfi (http://www.delfi.ee/news/paevauudised/110_112/article.php?id=23017695&l=fplead), things got a little bit hot between Lithuanian and Latvian fans. Police managed to intervene and prevent anything more serious.

Straight forward
04-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Vasiliauskas! What a kick ass 19 years old player! :p And some guys here was dissatisfied that I call him one of the biggest Lithuanian prospects.

Žalgiris- Rock 83:74
Rytas- ASK Riga 85:76

Richey666
04-24-2009, 07:34 PM
I would say Rock didn't really have a chance despite playing almost to the max. It was only matter of time, when they got tired and started doing all the stupid mistakes, that cost the game. Kullamae had to defend Maciulis, are you kidding me?
I still think Kalev would've had way better chances on a good day, although they seem to have lost some form by the end of season.

auris1
04-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Hey Richey,
What happened? For once you made a sensible post and yet.Somehow it doesn’t seem right. I mean people still conspire against Estonians teams, don’t they?
I have to say that Rock played very very decent game yesterday – not to the point I was concerned about the final result, but close enough to be it entertaining .This and sentiments to Tanoka and more importantly for me - Gerd Kullammeeeeaaa for being good sport and folk hero (just for his name alone)- I do not expect them to play again.

For the final I regard somehow that lrytas are slighty favourite .but since I am not a betting man the margin really doesn’t matter. Eidson seems a little tired which seems to affect his scoring (but not importance on the field), Zavackas is after injury (and I have to admire his 3 pointers – he seems deadly every time when left unguarded). i am almost certain that Petravicius and Jomantas will perform well, with Bjelica being able to score 10plus.If it comes to the last second shot ,Lukauskis will be the man (if he misses ,he will be that man for Zalgiris). The man capable of surprise and likely not to be
One is Babrauskas .
Zukauskas and Silinskas will be required to defend only (against Petravicius). Jankunas is the beast at the moment (20 plus) .I would expect around 30 points combined from Maciulis /Klimavicius. Salenga is capable but seems not to have two good games in the row .Kalnietis is always useful but could be not effective, if you know what I mean.
Benches – Sinica capable of scoring 3 pointer ,Anisimovas is capable of getting 3 fouls in 3 minutes ,Daunys is well equipped to dribble and deliver the ball from one half of he court to another and Gecevicius fails in all three categories mentioned above - for me (it might be personal though).
Zalgiris rest of the bench are young guys, capable of temporary relieve.
Phew.
Now I think that after the game I will probably have to delete this post but till then …

Miškinis
04-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Is it possible to watch ASK - ROCK online?

Demarr
04-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Is it possible to watch ASK - ROCK online?

You could try here. (http://sport.err.ee/index.php?0591494) I'm not too sure if you can watch it abroad but worth a go.

Miškinis
04-25-2009, 01:50 PM
You could try here. (http://sport.err.ee/index.php?0591494) I'm not too sure if you can watch it abroad but worth a go.

Thank You. It works!

Migelitas
04-25-2009, 02:14 PM

Thank you very much.

re5pectas
04-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Beautifull final I must say! :D

Edit:
very equal and quality first half, and dominance by Rytas in third quarter... 23:6 ...
good for me :D

Demarr
04-25-2009, 04:34 PM
Chuck Eidson is on fire! :D

re5pectas
04-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Chuck Eidson is on fire! :D

Oh yeah!!! 41pts!!! and 58 ranking pts!!! :rolleyes:

rikhardur
04-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Oh yeah!!! 41pts!!! and 58 ranking pts!!! :rolleyes:
A BBL scoring record?

Congrats to Rytas for the win! Once again I had voted for the greens :rolleyes:

re5pectas
04-25-2009, 09:25 PM
A BBL scoring record?

As always (if I'm not mistaken) you were wrong with those predictions :))))

dunno about record for sure, but I GUESSS - YES :D :D:D:rolleyes:

Migelitas
04-25-2009, 10:08 PM
As always (if I'm not mistaken) you were wrong with those predictions :))))

dunno about record for sure, but I GUESSS - YES :D :D:D:rolleyes:

Yes, it is (http://www.bbl.net/index.php/b19sYW5nPWVuJm9fc2Vhcz0yMSZvX2xlYWc9OCZmdXNlYWN0aW 9uPXN0YXQucmVjb3JkcyZwZz01JnN0YXRzPTE=) a record

Next time please vote for LR:D

Straight forward
04-26-2009, 07:47 PM
I think LKL finals will get a maximum attention from managers in years. First question, will Eidson can play in such a way again? He was simply amazing. Second, they should be interested in how Kalnietis, Šalenga and Klimavičius will look (not to mention Jonas and Paulius). They all might not play in Žalgiris next year.

Congrats for Rytas. They were better. We'll see how things will go in LKL.
As Žalgiris fan I would like a better job from the head coach- Krapikas.

My complains:
-M. Kalnietis should be benched after 5 minutes if he's not doing well. After few good game, Krapikas became overconfident about him. He's still inconsistent. He's an average defender and he's not always good at PG. It was insane to keep him all the time in the court and not give a chance to Janavičius (good defender) while Žalgiris struggled in defence.
-He should use E. Žaukauskas. Šilinskis, Butkevičius? They both sucked big time. I have noticed Butkevičius has a problems with reading situations. Žukauskas should be allowed for more minutes.
- Janavičius. I know he's still very young and limited against Rytas, but what the hell they say to them? Janavičius is not even looking to the basket any more. He knows well how to get inside and he should use that and he has athleticism for that. They should let him to play.
-Where's the shooters? Mačiulis and Jankūnas is not a shooters. Milaknis, Šalenga, Vasiliauskas are the shooters. And I can see only Šalenga for 4-5 attempts. Milaknis and Vasiliauskas has only few shots.
- I don't think anyone could defend Eidson in BBL final, but Krapikas should to something, cause he completely didn't control the team. No time outs, no tactics, no risk. Did you see any attempts to stop Eidson after the half? I didn't.

Congrats to ROCK as well! They made it. That is history. I think this BBL season was really nice.

vaslover
04-26-2009, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=Straight forward;260680]

Krapikas just "proved" one more time that not always good assistant coach can be good head coach. IMO, it,s abnormal situation for european basketball when head coach let to score someone 41 points to his team. Definitely, only if you not Gallis...
And else.
Would could you say, what financial situation in Zalgiris for next season? Do Zalgiris' managers still searching potential sponsors? And do they have successes in this course?

Gytaz
04-27-2009, 01:32 AM
[QUOTE=Straight forward;260680]

Would could you say, what financial situation in Zalgiris for next season? Do Zalgiris' managers still searching potential sponsors? And do they have successes in this course?

Once again there are some rumours about a new big investor. But if you ask me, they're pretty much screwed. I don't believe that Žalgiris will disappear completely, but I think they will have a very low budget for at least a couple of upcoming seasons. And I doubt if they will play in Euroleague next year...

Straight forward
04-27-2009, 08:23 AM
There are few possible ways:
1. Žalgiris Bankruptcy. Then the new Žalgiris would be created. New investors would come, debt would fade away. Most likely we would have Kalmonovič once again ( I wouldn't mind, I guess :)) The bad thing is, that Euroleague would kick Žalgiris out most likely.
2. Žalgiris will lose most of their players. The young players will play and Žalgiris management will try to work on the debt and to make things better. Euroleague would fade away because of a bad results most likely.
3. Third is nor very possible these days. Big investors will come and Žalgiris will deal with the crisis.

pablonis
04-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Debts do not just fade away. Whatever possessions sports club of Zalgiris owns would fade away as well. I don't know the situation with legal ties Zalgiris has, but i guess Zalgiris training grounds would go to others, among other things.

Straight forward
04-27-2009, 03:57 PM
On other hand, what to expect from the coach when such players like Mačiulis is bitching all the time and playing like shit with his super contract. They should sell him already! he's definitely not worth his contract.

Miškinis
04-27-2009, 04:32 PM
I wouldn't be so harsh. We should be thankfull that he plays at all. After all, he does not get any money.

Another thing I'd like to say is, why do people forget about Šalenga all the time. I mean, everyone are praising Jankūnas, Mačiulis, Kalnietis (wtf?), but never mentions Dainius. He never ever even said a word about the money or leaving the club due to all those troubles, he just gives everything he has and plays on the highest level all season long. I'm really amazed with Dainius attitude towards Žalgiris.

Mindozas
04-27-2009, 05:17 PM
On other hand, what to expect from the coach when such players like Mačiulis is bitching all the time and playing like shit with his super contract.

Agree with that. Maciulis was really annoying in this game. Besides bitching, don't know what the hell he was thinking, but he acted like some kind of sharp shooter, maybe he felt like one after last game vs Rytas, but he is still far from that. He's way more usefull when he plays more in the paint or penetrates, but now almost all he did was standing near 3pts line and doin' nothing. Shitty attitude. And Krapikas couldn't do nothing about it, cause we had no options to choose from. However, regarding the game, IMO one of the biggest mistakes was in the beginning of 3rd qtr, when Krapikas decided to let Butkevicius in from the start and he made some silly mistakes, that cost us some points, Rytas made a run and the game slipped out of our hands. Why the hell Butkevicius started instead of Klimavicius, who played not that bad, I didn't get it. Later he substituded him, but the damage was already done...
Anyway, tha game is the past already, we lost second minor title this season, but the battle for the main one is still waiting for us and I hope for another outcome there :)

I wouldn't be so harsh. We should be thankfull that he plays at all. After all, he does not get any money.

Don't know if my information is correct for 100%, but according it, Maciulis has got the money for 5 or 6 first months of the season, so if it's true, then I see no reason for him to act like that, cause he didn't get the money only for month or two then and under current financial situation in whole world, it's quite normal. Anyway, we might be thankfull that he stayed, lowered his salary like all the players, but it don't give him any right to behave that arrogant.

vaslover
04-27-2009, 09:17 PM
I,m sorry guys, but for me so weird to see that so big and charismastic club as BC Zalgiris can,t find new big investors. Yes, current financial situation in whole world really fuc..ng depressing, but however i can,t understand how,s yours top managers can,t to prepare a correct and colorific sponsor packet for potential big sponsors. I think BC Zalgiris still attractive brand for big sponsors, but IMO in current moment Zalgiris managers seems very useless, moreover they seems quite impotence. I think it,s time for them to show more effort and endurance and less apathy in this not easy business.

Nimonas
04-28-2009, 12:43 AM
I,m sorry guys, but for me so weird to see that so big and charismastic club as BC Zalgiris can,t find new big investors. Yes, current financial situation in whole world really fuc..ng depressing, but however i can,t understand how,s yours top managers can,t to prepare a correct and colorific sponsor packet for potential big sponsors. I think BC Zalgiris still attractive brand for big sponsors, but IMO in current moment Zalgiris managers seems very useless, moreover they seems quite impotence. I think it,s time for them to show more effort and endurance and less apathy in this not easy business.

It's all because of big conspiracy going on, involving Rytas owners, Kaunas mayors (previous and current), President of Lithuania and Russian mafia.
Right green friends?

actually Zalgiris management is to blame. new manager (they've changed in the midseason) admitted they have 8mln US$ debt. so no one wants to invest in the club just to pay out debts. instead just few weeks ago one of the major sponsors Snoras Bank announced they're terminating sponsorship and won't pay money they have promised even for this season.
So situation is critical indeed.
If club will officialy go to bankrupcy, debt WOULD fade away - by Lithuanian law owners of VšĮ (pulbic institution or something) don't risk their property if this institution go broke. Yes, property of this VšĮ would be confiscated and so on.
Then it would be possible to start new VšĮ with slightly different name. But I doubt if players, Euroleague and investors would trust them this time.
Anyhow, I think it's impossible that name Žalgiris will dissapear. Maybe we won't see such a strong club as in previous seasons for 5 years, but everything will return to status quo in a time.

To get back to the topic - very nice win by Rytas. 4/4 trophies this season. Only one to go.