Official SBP Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official SBP Thread

In one article of Philippine Star yesterday(6/15) , it mentioned the proposed Grassroot program being hatched by the SBP headed by executive director Gregorio. Under this program, there will be separate Basketball camps in Cebu for Visayas and also in Mindanao. In this setup, training pool for 14 and under, 16 and under and 19 and under players will be formed and trained by local coaches.

El Presidente Mon Fernandez is also task to serve as the personal coach of 6-11 behemoth Gregery Slaughter to prepare him for SEA Games.

SBP Grassroot Program

In one article of Philippine Star yesterday(6/15) , it mentioned the proposed Grassroot programs being hatched by the SBP headed by executive director Gregorio. Under this program, separate Basketball camps in Cebu for Visayas and also in Mindanao will be formed. In this setup, training pool for 14 and under, 16 and under and 19 and under players will formed and trained by local coaches.

El Presidente Mon Fernandez is also task to serve as the personal coach of 6-11 behemoth Gregery Slaughter to prepare him for SEA Games.

Comment

Originally posted by sajubeads
      In one article of Philippine Star yesterday(6/15) , it mentioned the proposed Grassroot program being hatched by the SBP headed by executive director Gregorio. Under this program, there will be separate Basketball camps in Cebu for Visayas and also in Mindanao. In this setup, training pool for 14 and under, 16 and under and 19 and under players will be formed and trained by local coaches.

I believe Slaughter will learn a lot from Mon Fernandez and improve his game. . . It's almost the same thing with Yao Ming who polished his skills with former Houston Rockets legend Hakeem Olajuwon. . . But still it's up to Slaughter to have a strong motivation to excel, otherwise he can go to slaughterhouse where he can make use of his name. . .

Comment

Originally posted by sajubeads
        In one article of Philippine Star yesterday(6/15) , it mentioned the proposed Grassroot programs being hatched by the SBP headed by executive director Gregorio. Under this program, separate Basketball camps in Cebu for Visayas and also in Mindanao will be formed. In this setup, training pool for 14 and under, 16 and under and 19 and under players will formed and trained by local coaches.

Is there any link or online news about this article?

Comment

i hope Greg will get some styles of Mon Fernandez

Comment

sana may mga matagpuan silang matatangkad sa Visayas at Mindanao na walang hilig sa basketball, normally e kids like that don't go to schools to play since hindi sila interested. grassroots will help them develop, pati interest nila malamang. go go go, grassroots development, thats what the Philippine sports needs!
            It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
            I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Probably he will learn a lot from El presidente.The elegant shooting of Mon Fernandez.

Comment

what's the height of el presidente???

i can't imagine a 6'11 FILIPINO player will play lyk el presidente...

but how abt eman?? and the others??
                LABAN PILIPINAS!

Comment

Fernandez is actually a 3/4 player but he's well described as 5 in his entire career.

they should get Jerry Codinera instead. Jerry used to train players like EJ Feihl and others
                  Last edited by demonyito; 06-17-2007, 01:28 PM.
                  Someone under 5 feet can be a great coach, don’t get me wrong, but to be a big man coach and have never played in the post or even played high level ball? C’mon now.

- Jamal Sampson

Comment

Originally posted by demonyito
                    Fernandez is actually a 3/4 player but he's well described as 5 in his entire career.

they should get Jerry Codinera instead. Jerry used to trained players like EJ Feihl and others

let a PG or SG train him instead. train him with and against quick players and teach him ball handling and shooting skills. the training regimen must include workouts to improve his mobility.

after a couple years of chasing guards and forwards in the cebu college league, he would most certainly be faster and more athletic... only after then we introduce 'big man' skills training. this would be easier for him and he will come out a better player overall.

Comment

no pain no gain...
                      dpat my center for his post moves...
                      my mg22ro ng gulang...
                      ball handling
                      shooting
                      and a conditioning coach....

fernandez
                      jawo
                      euro coach
                      american coach
                      kirk collier...

tska hndi lng dpat xa ang tinuturuan...

dpat talaga GRASSROOTS pti na rin ung mga amateurs and young players...

an tanung CNNUNG GAGASTOS??
                      LABAN PILIPINAS!

Comment

Originally posted by watiwawa

an tanung CNNUNG GAGASTOS??

pare sagot ko na yan
                        Someone under 5 feet can be a great coach, don’t get me wrong, but to be a big man coach and have never played in the post or even played high level ball? C’mon now.

- Jamal Sampson

Comment

Originally posted by demonyito

they should get Jerry Codinera instead. Jerry used to train players like EJ Feihl and others
                          And where's EJ Feihl now?

Incidentally, while Fernandez may be able to play 3/4, he was an excellent low post player. And not only was he capable of scoring inside, he also can pass well from the low post something that he can teach when a center is double/triple teamed down low.
                          Fear leads to Anger.
                          Anger leads to Hate.
                          Hate leads to suffering.

Comment

unfortunately..EJ is not that athletic otherwise he could have played somewhere.

going back to Jerry, i heard he's a good trainer for big men. besides, i dont like the idea that Slaughter will going to do the ELEGANT SHOT coz he might break his ankle if he lands on his wrong foot

- Jamal Sampson

Comment

Originally posted by Bianca
                              Probably he will learn a lot from El presidente.The elegant shooting of Mon Fernandez.
                              banging inside the paint is not Mon Fernandez' cup of tea. But he can move around you like a slippery snake with ardent intelligence and toughness. Oh, the finger roll and the elegant hail to the king shots. the surprise shot blocks...gregory slaughter will definitely learn a lot from Don Ramon.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information