PDA

View Full Version : Slovenian national championship

Joško Poljak Fan
04-25-2006, 12:00 PM
5th round:
Pivovarna Laško – Union Olimpija 82 : 94
Mandič 19, McMillan and Ichaki 12; Jurkovič 21 +7reb, Halperin 19, Drobnjak and Szewcyk 14

Elektra Esotech – Geoplin Slovan 60 : 75
Nuhanovič 14, Nedeljkovič 12; Jocovič 13, Taylor 12, Zupan 11, Dragič and Dončič 10

Helios Domžale – Alpos Kemoplast 96 : 67
Bajramlič 18, Krejič 17, Lashkevic 13; Čebular 15 +8TO's, Krušič 15, Hunt 12

standings:
1. Slovan 5-0
2. Olimpija 4-1
3. Helios 3-2
4. Elektra 2-3
5. Laško 1-4
6. Kemoplast 0-5

Joško Poljak Fan
04-27-2006, 11:08 AM
6th round, upper 6:
Pivovarna Laško - Elektra 75:79
Mandič 20, Strnad 17, Jevđić 13 +11reb; Nuhanovič 20, Mali 16, Nedeljkovič 13

...another debacle by Laško...

Slovan - Alpos 78:77
Dragič 16 +5reb +6as, Modrič 14, Dončič 13 +7reb; Maček 19, Lee Hunt 15 +5as,

surprisingly small margin, considering the quality of the both teams and the fact Alpos was playing without the best scorer of the league Čebular... Alpos even had a chance to win 5 seconds to go...

Helios - Olimpija 85:90
D. Lorbek 26, Lashkevich 15, Krejič 11; Halperin 27 +7reb +4as, Jurkovič 19, Ranniko 12, Drobnjak 11 +11reb

standings:
1. Slovan 6-0
2. Olimpija 5-1
3. Helios 3-3
4. Elektra 3-3
5. Laško 1-5
6. Rogla 0-6

7th round, lower 6:
Krka - Loka Kava 95:90
Postojnska Jama - Kraški Zidar 81-56
Zagorje - Rogla 83-79

standings:
1. Koper 12-16 (5-1 in lower6...)
2. Loka Kava 10-18 (3-3...)
3. Postojna 10-18 (3-3)
4. Krka 10-18 (5-1)
5. Zagorje 10-18 (3-3)
6. Kraški Zidar 9-19 (1-5)
7. Rogla 7-21 (1-5)

elaj
04-29-2006, 08:17 PM
7. round upper:

Pivovarna Laško : Geoplin Slovan 68:79 (http://statistika.kzs-zveza.si/prg/IzpisTekme?sezona=2005&id=290420061930PLASLO&liga=1P&lang=si) (50:58, 35:46, 20:27)
Union Olimpija : Alpos Kemoplast 109:64 (http://statistika.kzs-zveza.si/prg/IzpisTekme?sezona=2005&id=290420062000OLIKEM&liga=1P&lang=si) (72:47, 54:33, 27:17)
Elektra Esotech : Helios Domžale 69:77 (http://statistika.kzs-zveza.si/prg/IzpisTekme?sezona=2005&id=290420062000ELEHEL&liga=1P&lang=si) (54:62, 36:44, 24:24)

ip84
04-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Isn't it the team that lost to Slovan only by one point?

elaj
04-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Isn't it the team that lost to Slovan only by one point?
Yeah... but still, Slovan played that game unmotivated and gave them chance to win..:rolleyes: and Olimpija today really had a scoring day... :)

ip84
04-29-2006, 08:37 PM
It looks like a slaughter... Did you see the game?

elaj
04-29-2006, 08:43 PM
It looks like a slaughter... Did you see the game?
Nope, unfortunatly our TV shows only final games or semifinal games...:mad: and this year I don't have season ticket for Olimpija games so I don't go on matches which aren't decidable/derby/interesting games...;)

C02
04-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Great stats for Yotam in only 18 minutes on the floor...;)

boki
04-30-2006, 09:10 AM
Great stats for Yotam in only 18 minutes on the floor...;)
Indeed. Well his stats looks pretty much like that the whole season :eek: ;)

elaj
05-06-2006, 10:35 PM
8. round upper:
HELIOS DOMŽALE / PIVOVARNA LAŠKO 99-65
UNION OLIMPIJA LJUBLJANA / GEOPLIN SLOVAN LJUBLJANA 63-71
ALPOS KEMOPLAST ŠENTJUR / ELEKTRA ESOTECH 96-72

9. round upper:
PIVOVARNA LAŠKO / ALPOS KEMOPLAST ŠENTJUR 98-96
HELIOS DOMŽALE / GEOPLIN SLOVAN LJUBLJANA 65-75
ELEKTRA ESOTECH / UNION OLIMPIJA LJUBLJANA 60-81

http://statistika.kzs-zveza.si/ for stats.

The great thing about 9. round was Sašo Ožbolt's 26 minutes on court and his 19pts+3rbs+1blk+1ast :D :D :D

boki
05-06-2006, 10:43 PM
I know Olimpija has hard times now, but I hope they don't force Ozbolt to play before total recovery. Didn't he had pain in knee last game and played only couple of minutes? I hope Olimpija's doctors know what they are doing :mad: We all remember what happened last year.

elaj
05-10-2006, 08:28 PM
The last round is over...

Union Olimpija : Pivovarna Laško 83:69 (65:57, 36:37, 23:15)
Stringer 22, Jurkovič 15; Mali 15

Geoplin Slovan : Elektra Esotech 70:38 (52:32, 31:23, 17:12)
Petrović 15, Taylor 12; Strnad 17

Alpos Kemoplast : Helios 90:103 (67:79, 41:52, 22:28)
Novak 20; Tuljković 23, Krejić 19

Semifinals:

Union Olimpija vs. Helios Domžale
Geoplin Slovan vs. Elektra Esotech

C02
05-11-2006, 06:40 AM
Semifinals:

Union Olimpija vs. Helios Domžale
Geoplin Slovan vs. Elektra Esotech

Are those single games, or series ?
How about the final ?

Pija_Olimp
05-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Are those single games, or series ?
How about the final ?
Mini series ;)
semifinals: best of three
final: best of five

C02
05-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Mini series ;)
semifinals: best of three
final: best of five

Any chance one of our slovenian friends here captures 1-2 games for their israeli mates? ;)

elaj
05-13-2006, 08:43 PM
First game of semifinals:

Geoplin Slovan : Elektra Esotech 73:51 (http://statistika.kzs-zveza.si/prg/IzpisTekme?sezona=2005&id=130520062000SLOELE&liga=PM&lang=si) (59:40, 40:30, 24:19) /1:0/
Zupan 17, Dragič 14; Čmer 13, Mali 11

Union Olimpija : Helios Domžale 79:51 (http://statistika.kzs-zveza.si/prg/IzpisTekme?sezona=2005&id=130520061833OLIHEL&liga=PM&lang=si) (49:34, 37:22, 20:13) /1:0/
Markoišvili 15, Halperin 13; Močnik 12, Žerak 8

Joško Poljak Fan
05-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Olimpija - Helios was really uninteresting. Olimpija tighted up the defense and Helios had troubles putting together 1 succesfull set play. They scored either from free throws or by mistake. untill the 37th minute they scored 37 points :D

I was glad to see Klemen Lorbek getting some minutes and overall i got the feeling he was doing just fine- nervousness might costed him of being Helios's best scorer... he has potential...

Ljubotina should try ballet, I wouldn't reccomend him to keep playing basketball...

Ožbolt didn't looked that healthy to me, but he did a great job defending Domen Lorbek.

Proph·et
05-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Come on Matiz, Klemen is playing just because of his father's influence on Helios' team. He is nowhere near the level of basketball that is played in GYL or in 1.SKL playoffs. He had luck that Olimpija didn't try with fullcourt press because he'd have too much problems bringing the ball upcourt and the other thing is him playing out of his position. And the big problem is that he was forced (by I don't know who) to play out of his position, so he was playing pg for whole season, even though he is much too slow and unskilled to play point. Sometimes it's best to go one step at the time for young player to develope, and skipping one of the steps can be rather harmful than good. Anyone who saw ŠKL finals this season, can see my point.

And the other thing is Ljubotina, from my point of view he was important part of defense and I can see him be a very useful player in future, he's not very skilled at the time, but has some decent athletic abillity, so with hard work I think he can become very useful role player.

The other thing that I cannot understand is why is Olimpija using Ozbolt, because his knee and movement are not (looking) OK, they are just jeopardizing his future. He should have skipped the whole season and completely healed his knee.

Joško Poljak Fan
05-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Come on Matiz, Klemen is playing just because of his father's influence on Helios' team. He is nowhere near the level of basketball that is played in GYL or in 1.SKL playoffs. He had luck that Olimpija didn't try with fullcourt press because he'd have too much problems bringing the ball upcourt and the other thing is him playing out of his position.
which player borned in 88' wouldn't have troubles against the full court press on this level?
I know his surname, know what his father means but looks like his elder brothers pan out just fine, and I can't see a reason why Klemen wouldn't become a decent player as well. Yesterday he missed 2-3 easy shots, got blocked by Baždarič as a rookie, he was obviously nervous, actually didn't have much of an effect, but showed some skills... that's all. compared to his generation against Tomič and Jašič he is still the best guard we have so far in 88' ...

And the other thing is Ljubotina, from my point of view he was important part of defense and I can see him be a very useful player in future, he's not very skilled at the time, but has some decent athletic abillity, so with hard work I think he can become very useful role player.
I had the same exact opinion, untill his ballet moves under the rim... he gets pushed around with rebounds, vertical leap isn't exactly good just as his athleticism, he is damn clumsy, can't finish under the basket due to his lack of physical power... I guess I shouldn't be judging him on one game solely, but I can't even understand why Ljubotina is getting playing time instead of Rizvič

The other thing that I cannot understand is why is Olimpija using Ozbolt, because his knee and movement are not (looking) OK, they are just jeopardizing his future. He should have skipped the whole season and completely healed his knee.
exactly, he did a good job on Domen Lorbek, but I guess it wasn't really neccesarry for him to play since it was obvius his knee isn't ok...
is it maybee something to go along with Olimpija not keeping Ožbolt for the next season? damn...

Proph·et
05-14-2006, 10:24 AM
which player borned in 88' wouldn't have troubles against the full court press on this level?
I know his surname, know what his father means but looks like his elder brothers pan out just fine, and I can't see a reason why Klemen wouldn't become a decent player as well. Yesterday he missed 2-3 easy shots, got blocked by Baždarič as a rookie, he was obviously nervous, actually didn't have much of an effect, but showed some skills... that's all. compared to his generation against Tomič and Jašič he is still the best guard we have so far in 88'
- a true gifted point guard at that age shouldt have some much problems as he had in games that I saw, but that's because he's not true pg.
-I know his father wishes only the best for him, but this is just too much.
-Erazem and Domen weren't playing in competition this strong at this age, and I see them both more talented.

exactly, he did a good job on Domen Lorbek, but I guess it wasn't really neccesarry for him to play since it was obvius his knee isn't ok...
is it maybee something to go along with Olimpija not keeping Ožbolt for the next season? damn...
So why forceing him play, do they want to risk a hefty hefty buyout?

Joško Poljak Fan
05-14-2006, 11:17 AM
I know you have a better look at what is going on in Helios and I believe you regarding PG position, I know all three brothers have to face with the fact their father is one of vice-presidents of the Uleb... but i still hope you'll be wrong and both younger brothers would manage to make their careers in some decent clubs in europe (they are not some material for superstars). Afterall if talking about protection, Lorbek's aren't half as protected as Anže Sagadin was when playing for Olimpija mladi :)

So why forceing him play, do they want to risk a hefty hefty buyout?
Considering Ožbolt missed entire season I don't think any club would be willing to take the risk and pay some enormous buyout for Ožbolt- that's why I'd definately keep him and hope he won't get injured again- of course that means waiting with playing untill he is completely healthy, not playing him when he clearly has troubles with his knees.
If Sagadin would retire after this season, I think Ožbolt could get along with Filipovski or some other coach- recently I forgot how Sagadin can be stubborn and get in a fight with any player, I hope we won't get to see it happening again in the next season...

elaj
05-16-2006, 01:34 PM
The worst thing happen... Ožbolt is out for this season (most likely)... he will go again to see some doctors because his knee isn't strong enough to play and it still hurts him, he again got somekind of swelling on his knee..:confused: :(

boki
05-16-2006, 02:02 PM
The worst thing happen... Ožbolt is out for this season (most likely)... he will go again to see some doctors because his knee isn't strong enough to play and it still hurts him, he again got somekind of swelling on his knee..:confused: :(

That's really bad, but I can't say I didn't expect it. I wrote my doubts in some previous post.

Markoishvili
05-16-2006, 03:38 PM
What a shame, Ozbolt was one of most promising youngsters in Euroleageu before injury. I thought he would become valueble piece for top Euroleague squad. Hearing all this im pretty sure he would never be back to his old self.

Pija_Olimp
05-16-2006, 05:16 PM
What a shame, Ozbolt was one of most promising youngsters in Euroleageu before injury. I thought he would become valueble piece for top Euroleague squad. Hearing all this im pretty sure he would never be back to his old self.
Why not?
When Bečirović had those problems with his knees, I thought the same like you. But look at him now! :) Why Ožbolt couldn't have the same luck?

Proph·et
05-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Pija are you blind? Sani is not on the same level as he used to be, and he will never be the same again...

boki
05-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Pija are you blind? Sani is not on the same level as he used to be, and he will never be the same again...

I agree, Sani is much slower now, he can't play 1 on 1 like he used to and his defence is weaker. But he is playing very well in Climamio for couple of months now. He has 12,8 ppg in just 22 mpg in italian league. And if we look just for the last part of the season (17 games) I think he has like 17 ppg. He had to change his game after injuries. He is more team player now, he made big progress in assists IMO.

elaj
05-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Second games of Semifinals:
Elektra Esotech : Geoplin Slovan 53:63 (http://statistika.kzs-zveza.si/prg/IzpisTekme?sezona=2005&id=170520061830ELESLO&liga=PM&lang=si) (42:47, 25:35, 11:12) /0:2/
Nuhanovič in Ivanovič po 16; Taylor 14, Pašalić 12, Dončič 9

Helios Domžale : Union Olimpija 77:88 (http://statistika.kzs-zveza.si/prg/IzpisTekme?sezona=2005&id=170520061900HELOLI&liga=PM&lang=si) (66:56, 46:34, 26:14) /0:2/
Tuljković 14, D. Lorbek 13; Rannikko 30, Drobnjak 21

FINAL (best of five): Geoplin Slovan vs. Union Olimpija

boki
05-17-2006, 09:14 PM
What's the schedule for final games?

elaj
05-20-2006, 08:37 AM
1. Game
Wednesday, 24. 5., 17.45
Geoplin Slovan - Union Olimpija

2. Game
Saturday, 27. 5., 16.00
Union Olimpija - Geoplin Slovan

3. Game
Thursday, 1. 6., 20.00

4. Game (Possible)
Saturday, 3. 6., TBA
Union Olimpija - Geoplin Slovan

5. Game (Possible)
Wednesday, 7. 6., TBA

Joško Poljak Fan
05-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Slovan has a home court advantage in best of 5 series and so far they were winning against Olimpija with an ease noone really expected (ussually it was the other way around).
It's almost as if Olimpija would be an underdog actually...

Optimistic as i am I expect Olimpija utilizing their individual quality winning this championship at least for those 200.000 € sponsor money depending on winning the title.
I expect a lot from Ivica Jurkovič in the series vs. Slovan, I remember some of the flaws in Slovan's interiror defense throughout the whole season in adriatic league, covering space for rebounds, easy fouls in the paint... and yet they had almost 8 rebounds more per average when both teams met... a veteran as Ivica should be the cure for it (hopefully)
The key will be defending Dončič and Dragič, if those two are set loose Olimpija's chances are minimal the way things look like right now... since I don't think Sagadin would decide he wants to win the game by outscoring the opponent...

Joško Poljak Fan
05-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Dragič mentioned that he is mostlikely leaving abroad for next season... I wish him all the best eventhough I think that's not the best decision. Staying at Slovan for one more year might be better imo, let alone my subjective opinion on coming to Olimpija...

After 6 years in 1.A Rogla is going to 1.B, while Triglav is going to be the team promoted... imo that's a good news, in the past they've made players like Milič, Fučka, Hafnar... afterall Drobnjak as well...
since the league is about to change it's concept next year (as every year), with Slovan saying something about participating in some Fiba competition and leaving NC because of that, I hope Polzela or Nova Gorica could get to 1.A league as well...

but it would be good to finally make a concept of the league that would last for longer than one season. sometimes it doesn't even last that long since things get improvised during the season :rolleyes:

elaj
05-24-2006, 06:33 PM
First game of the finals:
Geoplin Slovan : Union Olimpija 62:73 (47:58, 34:36, 18:19)
Petrović 18, Dončić 14; Jurkovič 15, Halperin, 15, Markoišvili 11

Union Olimpija won the first game of the final. :D

Slovan was ahead for the most of the first quarter (did 10:2 run) but then Halperin and Jurkovič did nice comeback and Halperin hit a three pointer with the buzzer for the lead. The second half was mostly controled by Olimpija, and in the third quarter Manuchar Markoishvili hit some really important shots and made the difference... Slovan almost came back in the last quarter but Olimpija stayed focused and controled the game untill the last second. Great game by Markoishvili in defense and smart play in third quarter, Jurkovič showed great experiance by hitting important shots and his defense is like day vs. night against Szewczyk's, Halperin also played well. Olimpija stopped Dragič which scored just 2 points. On the other side Dončič was like always consistant, but Vjekoslav Petrovič really surprised me.

Olimpija is now leading 1:0, the next game is in Tivoli - Saturday, 27. 5., 16.00.

C02
05-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Thank you for the update and congarts for the first win over Slovan this season. Just when it matters the most ;)

ip84
05-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Thank you for the update and congarts for the first win over Slovan this season. Just when it matters the most ;)

Olimpija already won one game at adriatic, right?

elaj
05-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Olimpija already won one game at adriatic, right?
Yes. :rolleyes:

Joško Poljak Fan
05-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Jurkovič is the man, we trailed by 7-8 untill he got in the game, lost the lead in 4th quarter when he got his 4th foul and right after Szewcyk's 5th foul, with Jurkovič back in the game Olimpija again increased their lead. I'd say in the period with Jurkovič in the game Olimpija won by at least 20 points.

Markoishvili stepped up in 3rd quarter when Olimpija made the difference, the way Drobnjak played makes him even interesting for the team for the next season, Halperin was constantly good through the game... Baždarič isn't the same he was last season, Stringer also isn't at his best (hopefully due to Sagadin's limitations but anyway...)
Ljubotina? waste of minutes compared to Rizvič... I could be biased, but I'm still waiting to see something usefull from Ljubotina on my own eyes...

Dragič was stopped in the last 3 quarters and we all saw the reason why h could use a season more in Slovan or at least on some average level before he signs for Barca, Real, Tau or club like that, Dončič scored 14 points, but imo wasted a lot of shots and commited some TO's, so defense on him could be called good one as well.
Petrovič was the only one in the right mood for Slovan today.
I think in the next games Dragič, Zupan and Pašalič will play a lot better than they did today, so nevermind the first win I believe it's still a long way to go... :)

boki
05-25-2006, 09:18 AM
Well deserved win for Olimpija. Olimpija has much better backcourt with Halperin from another league, Rannikko and Baždarič. Slovan is better under the basket but they (Pipan) didn't know how to take advantage from this. I think Jurkovic was the difference maker in this game. He scored, got boards and played good defence. Dragic was big dissapointment. I know he had a bad day. But I saw he couldn't beat Rannikko one on one. His right drive isn't good enough so defenders knew he is likely to go to left. Otherwise Rannikko beat Dragic one on one when he desired. So I was even more dissapointed with Dragic's defence than offence.

I got a feeling Stringer won't stay next season. If I compare Stringer's yesterday game to his first game against Benneton, he seemed much slower to me. He looked a bit overweight. And he is not so great shooter like we thought after his first game. IMO he is not good enough for a foreigner, so Olimpija should rather play some young slovenian talent on his place next year.

Markoishvili
05-26-2006, 10:16 PM
I think Slovan will win this series despite losing game 1, if Dragic steps up and plays like "usual". Olimpija played good last game, but i doubt they can put together 2 good performances in a row.

elaj
05-27-2006, 07:50 AM
I think Slovan will win this series despite losing game 1, if Dragic steps up and plays like "usual". Olimpija played good last game, but i doubt they can put together 2 good performances in a row.
I agree with you, I also think Olimpija is not capable of playing two good games (or three) in a row, so I think today it will be easy victory for Slovan. Dragic can't play two games in a row so badly. :rolleyes:

boki
05-27-2006, 09:42 AM
I agree with you, I also think Olimpija is not capable of playing two good games (or three) in a row, so I think today it will be easy victory for Slovan. Dragic can't play two games in a row so badly. :rolleyes:

I think that the biggest problem in Dragic's game begins when he gets early in foul trouble. He knows he doesn't have any backup, so he gets too nervous. I agree Slovan can't play so bad today but I think Olimpija will win. I predict final result 3:1 for Olimpija.

ziv
05-27-2006, 11:20 AM
guys - any chance of uploading one of the games as torrent? or even making some sort of video-cassettes arangment?

ip84
05-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Is the final broadcasted at you TV?

Markoishvili
05-27-2006, 03:36 PM
I wanted to bet on Slovan, but there wasn`t offer at local bookie.

elaj
05-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Is the final broadcasted at you TV?
Ofcourse. :rolleyes:

elaj
05-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Second game of the final:
Union Olimpija : Geoplin Slovan 59:67 (43:55, 35:35, 19:20)
Rannikko 19, Ljubotina 9; Zupan 14, Dragič 13

Olimpija played awful game, one of the ugilest games ever this season. One of the most uncontroled games ever in this season. Some players just collapsed during the game... Jurkovič played awful compering the game on Wednesday, Baždarič can't hit a three pointer anymore or even play good defense... I just don't understand Sagadin why the hell did he let him play on this game so many minutes despite playing so bad... Anyway, today Olimpija lacked of control in offense and good, constant shoot. There were no player which led the team and being consistant except Rannikko in the first half, but then like everyone else.. collapsed. Slovan was just better team, played claver and didn't allow Olimpija to hit easy baskets. Dragič showed that the game on Wednesday was just a bad day, like I expected, and he showed that he can play... also Zupan showed some really nice moves... I think this series won't last long, to be honest I'm surprised we managed to beat them at Slovan's place... I predict Olimpija will lose 3:1 in the finals.

boki
05-27-2006, 04:00 PM
I predict final result 3:1 for Olimpija.

After todays game I should probably bet on 3:1 for Slovan. But I guess Olimpija can't play so bad next game. Only Rannikko played decent game, the others look like they just woke up from 10 years coma.

ziv
05-27-2006, 04:07 PM
a little off the topic - you're talking a lot about slovan players - what about their coach? he's doing a nice work in slovan and after doing some fine job with the NT he has some higher level experience shouldn't he be considered as a candidate for bigger clubs?

boki
05-27-2006, 10:23 PM
a little off the topic - you're talking a lot about slovan players - what about their coach? he's doing a nice work in slovan and after doing some fine job with the NT he has some higher level experience shouldn't he be considered as a candidate for bigger clubs?

Aleš Pipan is definately a candidade for major european clubs in the future. But I hope he will stay in Slovan for another couple of years. He is great at developing young prospects. And if he can handle our NT players, I guess he could work with star players in some major european club. I think Pipan and Mahoric are is right now the best slovenian coaches. Too bad Mahoric is unemployed right now.

Joško Poljak Fan
05-28-2006, 08:14 PM
i'll be away because of the nature of my work for next 12 days :( , so I'll mostlikely miss the next 2 or 3 games in the finals.
Just to make my final prediction Olimpija will win it in game 5 :cool:

elaj
06-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Third game of the final:
Geoplin Slovan : Union Olimpija 78:85 (53:63, 36:45, 18:22)
Dončič 15, Zupan 21, Taylor 12; Rannikko 14, Halperin 17, Jurkovič 14

Olimpija won the game. Game was pretty much the same as the first one. Halperin played really good in first half but then Jurkovič and Rannikko took over the leading role. Rannikko and experianced Jurkovič decided the game at the end. I must also say good game to Ljubotina which showed that he has some potential... Drobnjak also did great job in defense and scored some easy jumpers in offense. Dragič was again stopped by Olimpija's defense and again showed his inexperiance by commiting some stupid fouls. Again great game by Miha Zupan... Dončič was classic and had a great chance to tie the game in the last two minutes but missed an open three pointer... On the other side Stipe Modrič was average, while Taylor played good. Olimpija shoot the whole game better and deserved this victory, Slovan was lacking of consistant shoot. In my opinion great shooting by all the Olimpija team (except Baždarič which is in awful condition) made the difference.

I am just questioning myself if there is chance to win on Saturday... We all saw this season - Olimpija can't play two good games in a row. Sad, but true reality. :(

boki
06-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Congrats to Olimpija, but I think Slovan will win on Saturday.

BTW Dragic has signed contract with TAU, someone said in signings and rumours thread.

boki
06-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Eventhough Rajgelj and Dragic are saying there is no truth about signing with TAU, Radio Vitoria reported that Dragic signed 5 years contract with TAU

http://foros.acb.com/viewtopic.php?t=154602

I think Rajgelj and Dragic know very well what's going on, but they want to keep quiet until the championship is finished, so the whole thing would not disturb the team and media before important game(s).

Markoishvili
06-02-2006, 09:46 PM
There is a option that Dragic will stay at Slovan for one more year...Tau will buy him and loan him to Geoplin.

boki
06-03-2006, 08:04 AM
There is a option that Dragic will stay at Slovan for one more year...Tau will buy him and loan him to Geoplin.

Or Olimpija :D I think Tau will rather loan Dragic to some club from ACB to gain experiance on highest level, but everything is possible.

elaj
06-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Or Olimpija :D I think Tau will rather loan Dragic to some club from ACB to gain experiance on highest level, but everything is possible.
Sagadin is never interested in a loaned player.

DZK
06-03-2006, 10:00 AM

This is not logical...then they would just sign pre-buyout agreement...why would you pay 1mil EUR for player and let him stay in club he is playing?...Bogdanovic (Real) is a little different case...as I remember his buyout was not so huge.

Also as Boki wrote...Dragic needs to up the level of competition to further develope his game.

elaj
06-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Fourth game of the final:
Union Olimpija : Geoplin Slovan 71:80

We had the chance so take the title... but Slovan was just too motivated and had luck, plus the reffs did some stupid mistakes which cost Olimpija's win. Last game is on Wednesday at Kodeljevo (Slovan), I think we have no chance against Slovan with that kind of performance, they were agressive and reffs didn't do a thing... by the way, I will go mad if the will resign Baždarić for next season, he is just awful. :(

Anyway I just can't wait Wednesday... this season was disaster and I just want to forget it. I don't really care if Slovan takes the title, just please make it quick and not painfull... :rolleyes:

boki
06-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Can't wait for wednesday's game. I think chances are 51-49 for Slovan. There will be a butchery on wednesday, reffs better be aware! I predict at least 4 technical fauls :D

elaj
06-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Victory!!! :D

The final game:
Geoplin Slovan : Union Olimpija 71:85

:D :D :D :D

ip84
06-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Concradulations!!!

boki
06-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Congrats to Olimpija!!!

I enjoyed the game very much. Too bad Halperin will likely go back to Maccabi. I think Maccabi should thank Olimpija, because Yotam has made so much progress this season in Ljubljana. I guess Maccabi won't even recognize him after this season :D Rannikko is a true winner and must stay in OLimpija as long as possible. I hope the team next year will be more competitive in euroleague.

elaj
06-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Some pictures from the game... :D

http://www.siol.net/Doc/Img/10041010606080104090-21-0-3-1.jpg
http://www.siol.net/Doc/Img/10041010606080104090-26-0-3-1.jpg
http://www.siol.net/Doc/Img/10041010606080104090-27-0-3-1.jpg
http://www.union.olimpija.com/4/11/4929/img/managed/4929_6a7bbff5a12fb9ad04e393c6d16c1903_b.jpg
http://www.siol.net/Doc/Img/10041010606080104090-28-0-3-1.jpg
http://www.siol.net/Doc/Img/10041010606080104090-29-0-3-1.jpg
http://www.siol.net/Doc/Img/10041010606080104090-31-0-3-1.jpg
http://www.siol.net/Doc/Img/10041010606080104090-32-0-3-1.jpg
http://www.siol.net/Doc/Img/10041010606080104090-33-0-3-1.jpg
http://www.prostimet.com/fotoz/skl/070606-1/end_s.jpg
http://www.prostimet.com/fotoz/skl/070606-1/title_b.jpg

Joško Poljak Fan
06-16-2006, 10:00 AM
eurobasket announced all-slovenian awards 2005-06

Player of the Year - Ivica Jurkovic (206-C/F-73) Union Olimpija Ljubljana
Guard of the Year - Yotam Halperin (196-G-84) Union Olimpija Ljubljana
Forward of the Year - Ivica Jurkovic (206-C/F-73) Union Olimpija Ljubljana
Center of the Year - Miha Zupan (206-F/C-82) Geoplin Slovan Ljubljana
Newcomer of the Year - Gasper Vidmar (205-C/F-87) Geoplin Slovan Ljubljana
Most Improved Player of the Year - Andrej Macek (185-G-83) of Pivovarna Lasko

Import Player of the Year - Yotam Halperin (196-G-84) of Union Olimpija Ljubljana
Domestic Player of the Year - Ivica Jurkovic (206-C/F-73) of Union Olimpija Ljubljana
Defensive Player of the Year - Ronell Taylor (196-G-82) of Geoplin Slovan Ljubljana
Coach of the Year - Zmago Sagadin of Union Olimpija

1st Team
Teemu Rannikko (189-G-80) of Union Olimpija Ljubljana
Yotam Halperin (196-G-84) of Union Olimpija Ljubljana
Sasa Doncic (201-G-74) of Geoplin Slovan Ljubljana
Ivica Jurkovic (206-C/F-73) of Union Olimpija Ljubljana
Miha Zupan (206-F/C-82) of Geoplin Slovan Ljubljana

2nd Team
Goran Dragic (190-G-86) of Geoplin Slovan Ljubljana
Sandi Cebular (196-G-86) of Kemoplast Alpos Sentjur
Ronell Taylor (196-G-82) of Geoplin Slovan Ljubljana
Zeljko Zagorac (204-F-81) of Helios Domzale
Jeff McMillan (203-F-80) of Pivovarna Lasko

All-Domestic Players Team
Goran Dragic (190-G-86) of Geoplin Slovan Ljubljana
Sasa Doncic (201-G-74) of Geoplin Slovan Ljubljana
Ivica Jurkovic (206-C/F-73) of Union Olimpija Ljubljana
Zeljko Zagorac (204-F-81) of Helios Domzale
Miha Zupan (206-F/C-82) of Geoplin Slovan Ljubljana

All-Imports Team
Yotam Halperin (196-G-84) of Union Olimpija Ljubljana
Mujo Tuljkovic (203-F-79) of Helios Domzale
Jeff McMillan (203-F-80) of Pivovarna Lasko

All-Defensive Team
Stipe Modric (207-F-79) of Geoplin Slovan Ljubljana
Dragisa Drobnjak (200-F-77) of Union Olimpija Ljubljana
Salih Nuhanovic (210-C-82) of Pivovarna Lasko

All-Newcomers Team
Tadej Kostomaj (186-G-87) of Pivovarna Lasko
Vladimir Mihailovic (192-G-82) of Loka Kava TCG
Jernej Mihalic (200-G/F-85) of Loka Kava TCG
Gasper Vidmar (205-C/F-87) of Geoplin Slovan Ljubljana
Matej Krusic (211-F/C-87) of Kemoplast Alpos Sentjur

http://www.eurobasket.com/SLO/SLO.asp

Pija_Olimp
06-16-2006, 11:44 AM
eurobasket announced all-slovenian awards 2005-06
And this is a reliable site? :rolleyes:
It makes me laughing.

Joško Poljak Fan
06-16-2006, 12:14 PM
And this is a reliable site? :rolleyes:
It makes me laughing.
well Pija, it's extremely unreliable site, with some reliable journalists as Željko Zule, who probably made this list

I think he might overestimated Ronnel Taylor on those lists, but overally there is not much to disagree with...

Pija_Olimp
06-16-2006, 12:18 PM
well Pija, it's extremely unreliable site, with some reliable journalists as Željko Zule, who probably made this list

I think he might overestimated Ronnel Taylor on those lists, but overally there is not much to disagree with...
I agree about Ronnel, but disagree about Jurko.