PDA

View Full Version : Three point competition

ricodgame
09-01-2008, 05:05 AM
What if FIBA added 3 point competition, what country do you guys think will win?

format:
16 countries
4 rounds

1st round - 16 countries
2nd round - 8 countries
3rd round - 4 countries
4th round - championship and 3rd-4th

i think this tournament will benefit countries that doesnt have great athleticsm..

Jason Kapono of USA will still be tough to beat but i think South Korea will win this one.

thadzonline
09-01-2008, 10:45 AM
I'd put my money on Lithuania. I remember in Athens 2004 how everyone in that team, centers included, can hit the three. Eurelius Zukauskas was 7'2 and he has the outside touch. Of course, who doesn't know Saruna Jasikevicius, Arvydas Macijauskas and Ramunas Siskauskas

mvblair
09-01-2008, 01:23 PM
It'd be fun, but I don't think anybody would take it seriously.

This is going to sound pretty ignorant, but I think it's silly that there are so many medal competitions for swimming in the Olympics. Yes, it's because there are so many different styles and skills for swimming. But there are so many different styles and skills for basketball too. So why not add a three point contest?

damelo
09-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Well, Same stuff as always, but, individual sports must give more medals. Still, why not allow countries to have multiple NTs in collective sports? like A-Team, and B-Team...

Still, 3 point competition could be added to shooting contests... :D

Khalid80
09-02-2008, 09:56 AM
It would be cool if there was an international tournament like the NBA All Star Game (3 point shoot out, slam dunk competition, skills challenge, etc).

b3lowzro
09-02-2008, 04:00 PM
It would be cool if there was an international tournament like the NBA All Star Game (3 point shoot out, slam dunk competition, skills challenge, etc).

I started a thread like this in the Asian leagues thread and yeah moost would disagree because basketball according to them isn't like the NBA etc.

sinobball
10-21-2008, 09:20 PM
There is already an international shooting competition, and apparently JJ Redick played in it.

http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=4149

Sakamoto
10-22-2008, 05:41 AM
What about the slamdunk competition? i think the scoring will be the major problem because of the human intervention.

globarticles
11-02-2008, 08:55 PM
move the line back to nba distance then itll be interesting

DelijaZauvjek
11-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Serbia???
Is this even a question..lol

Peja Stojakovic...Doy!

And not to mention the fact that every player in Serbia from youth has to learn how to shoot three's...NO matter how tall you are.
Remember Vlade Divac, Peja Drobnjak, Radmanovic even Peja is 6'9-6'10

Straight forward
11-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Serbia???
Is this even a question..lol

Peja Stojakovic...Doy!

And not to mention the fact that every player in Serbia from youth has to learn how to shoot three's...NO matter how tall you are.
Remember Vlade Divac, Peja Drobnjak, Radmanovic even Peja is 6'9-6'10

Yeah, right...:D Peja is fantastic shooter, but generally this is the area of Lithuania i'm afraid- Sabonis, Marciulionis, Kurtinaitis, Karnisovas, Macijauskas, Jasikevicius, Siskauskas, Stombergas, Jasaitis, Lavrinovic. For example, you can't compere Vlade with Sabas ate shooting threes, the same way as you can't compere Lavronovic with Drobnjak :rolleyes: All in all, i think european bb is leading in shooting.

rikhardur
11-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah, right...:D Peja is fantastic shooter, but generally this is the area of Lithuania i'm afraid- Sabonis, Marciulionis, Kurtinaitis, Karnisovas, Macijauskas, Jasikevicius, Siskauskas, Stombergas, Jasaitis, Lavrinovic. For example, you can't compere Vlade with Sabas ate shooting threes, the same way as you can't compere Lavronovic with Drobnjak :rolleyes:
You read my mind.

damelo
11-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah, right...:D Peja is fantastic shooter, but generally this is the area of Lithuania i'm afraid- Sabonis, Marciulionis, Kurtinaitis, Karnisovas, Macijauskas, Jasikevicius, Siskauskas, Stombergas, Jasaitis, Lavrinovic. For example, you can't compere Vlade with Sabas ate shooting threes, the same way as you can't compere Lavronovic with Drobnjak :rolleyes: All in all, i think european bb is leading in shooting.

Sure, but a guy like Kapono could easily compete with best Euro snipers I think.