X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slovan in 2006/2007

Well...I think they deserve their own topic

There were a lot of black clouds gathering around Slovan's future lately...especially because of Dragic and Zupan situation...IMO the club will get nice buy-outs from those two despite the atempts to exploit clauses in their contracts...E.Lorbek was far less valuable than Dragic when FIBA ruled 250.000 EUR buy-out for him in Olimpija-Climamio case...Goran played Adriatic league, Erazem only played for Olimpija II team...Rajgelj (Slovan's GM) was pretty correct in his statements that TAU only wants Dragic because they know the player will be far more expensive next season if he stays in Slovan...TAU has no intentions to give Dragic any major role already this season...they are only being cheap-bstards.

But even with those two gone, Slovan future is not in jeopardy...most important factor for successes of the club is NT coach Pipan...IMO Slovan has even brighter future in front of them...why?...the two generations that are now coming ('87, '89) are far more talented than current players...till now they could not count on their youth system - they even bought Goran Dragic due to lack of thier own youngsters...from now on yoth system will produce 2-3 great players every year.

Already next season the trio Klobucar-Vidmar-Preldzic will start producing...they are all key players in our U-20 team which today won against one of hot favourites, France...and they are playing against one year older guys in this tournament.

Then there are Bilic-Virk-Zoran Dragic which are part of U-18 team...this is generation of '89 youngsters...so Slovan will have 2 exceptional generations making break through to senior team.

Also they made huge signings already last year...Ronell Taylor will explode this year...and M.Begic was steal of the year at the end of last season...all they need is 2/3 experienced guys...one at PF, one at PG and maybe one more SF (Taylor can also be moved to this position due to his great rebounding)

So what roster looks like:
    Frontcourt
    Begic Mirza 218 C 85 BIH-SLO
    Jocovic Vladan 210 C 82 BIH
    Vidmar Gasper 205 C/F 87 SLO
    Grusovnik Borut 209 (6'10'') C 87 SLO (was injured last year...otherwise a little less talented than Vidmar but also very useful)
    Preldzic Emir 204 (6'9'') F 87 BIH-SLO
    - lacks one experienced PF, maybe SF

Backcourt:
    Klobucar Jaka 193 G 87 SLO
    Petrovic Vjeko 193 G 81 SLO (probably will sign new contract)
    Taylor Ronell 196 G 82 USA
    Devic Ante??? 193 G 86 SLO ( I don't know what his status is?...at Adriatic League official site he is under "left" column...anybody knows?)
    Perko Rok 182 (6'0'') G 87 SLO (another SLO U-20 player)
    - at his positions they really lack one experienced PG who can score and push the ball...probably most money will be spent for this player and I woudn't be surprised if it was again some USA player.

I would start with:
    - experineced PG
    - J.Klobucar
    - R.Taylor
    - experienced PF
    - M.Begic
    ------------
    and would use a lot:
    - G.Vidmar (on PF and C)
    - E. Preldzic (SF, Klobucar and Taylor can share minutes with himat SG/SF positions)
    - also Petrovic and Jocovic can be great role players from the bench

What to expect form Slovan this season?...IMO they will be even more dangerous than this year...in Adriatic league teams will underestimate them even more than this year as roster is full of unknown youngsters...so they will most probably have great introduction into the season...the rest of the season depends on the development of Begic, Taylor and Vidmar.

Of course Slovan must do everything to sign one great PG who will be the leader of this team...maybe Dragic will have to stay? - TAU IMO won't be prepared to pay big buy-out if FIBA decides so...stil he would probably have bad start into the season due to unhappines and added media exposure.

PF player is probably not so difficult to find.

Does anybody now any rumours concerning Slovan?

DZK,
    Vladan Jocović is of course a true Montenegrean (or how is this written in English? Črnogorec, skratka), he's not from BIH, he just played in Banja Luka, where he had a good time.

Regarding Slovan Mr Rajgelj will also try to atract the old tomcats like Dončić and Modrić, when they are back from vacation.
    Btw, there an interview with him in Ekipa today.

Comment

Originally posted by Pija_Olimp
      DZK,
      Vladan Jocović is of course a true Montenegrean (or how is this written in English? Črnogorec, skratka), he's not from BIH, he just played in Banja Luka, where he had a good time.

Regarding Slovan Mr Rajgelj will also try to atract the old tomcats like Dončić and Modrić, when they are back from vacation.
      Btw, there an interview with him in Ekipa today.
      I used copy-paste from Eurobasket.com

Know about the interview...I am waiting till tomorow to download it free of charge from the WEB

Comment

Originally posted by DZK
        I used copy-paste from Eurobasket.com
        Shame on you because you didn't triple check everything what's written there.
        Well, for teams of GYL use the ABA official site. 100 times more reliable.

Comment

Begic Mirza 218 C 85 BIH-SLO
          Preldzic Emir 204 (6'9'') F 87 BIH-SLO
          what's point to get another European passport? because of EU?

and when did Preldciz arrived if he is able to play for youth teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Nimonas

So you can play for Slovenian NT selections?

Preldzic arrived like two years ago (correct me if I'm wrong?) and he got his passport like one month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimonas

You've stepped on my toe. I don't approve these fast naturalizations just because a foreign player was scouted by our teams, brought here and because the player's own country is not fast enough to call him into their national team, our bball men grab the opportunity, arrange him a citizenship using the irregular natur. procedure and send him to a championship.

You won't believe if I tell you that Preldžić got his passport only a few days before he started the NT preps for this championship. Otherwise he plays in Slovenia for a few years now.

(If I don't approve what Gregor Fučka did to us, I cannot be happy what these two guys did for their country of origine.)

Comment

Originally posted by DZK
                Well...I think they deserve their own topic

...E.Lorbek was far less valuable than Dragic when FIBA ruled 250.000 EUR buy-out for him in Olimpija-Climamio case...
                I believe that Olimpija demanded 250.000 $, but Fiba decided for 100.000 $

regarding Preldžič case, I don't approve it either, but if most of other NT's are doing the same, why shouldn't we... and Bosnian getting Slovenian passport is not like something that speciall...

about Slovan- it's been always known Slovan has the best youth school in Ljubljana (Janče 2nd) now that just finally showed out.
                For the next season I hope they'd keep Dončič- not because I'd like him, but because I think Slovan youngsters need to play along someone with experience to direct them to progress faster...
                They've got great youngsters and if they'd keep Dragič and Zupan they'd be a great team. If Tau doesn't get serious I would insist about it on court, the offer Tau is willing to give is not serious for one of the most promising PG's in international basketball.
                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Slovan lost 85-82 yesterday to Split and is right now 0/4 in NLB league.

as I'm reading today in media Pipan realised Carr and Latham aren't the right solutions for Slovan and Slovan will mostlikely look for substitutions on PG and SF. Carr not fitting in was crystal clear yesterday when Slovan got to -20 with Carr and returned to -3 with Nikolić playing in the second half. If they'd execute their offensive plays a bit better they might actually win the game, since both teams were unable to score for quite some time in 4th quarter wasting a lot of chances.

While I haven't seen anywhere Pipan has such opinion, I think Jevdžić isn't needed either, Vidmar surpassed him yesterday by a mile in defense and in offense.

With better organisation of the game Slovan could imho improve a lot, since it's impossible to expect 19,20 years olds to be the key players without support of some better veterans in the team...
                  That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Stefan Nikolic played brilliant defense in the 2nd half. Very impressed by him.

I thought Preldzic was more skill-full, Vidmar displayed serious low post moves. Klobucar was ok.
                    My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

Originally posted by Markoishvili
                      Stefan Nikolic played brilliant defense in the 2nd half. Very impressed by him.

I thought Preldzic was more skill-full, Vidmar displayed serious low post moves. Klobucar was ok.
                      Preldžić will show more skills when his shots will start dropping- at that point playing basketball becomes much easier... and so far he has 29.3 FG%, 44%F2, 19%F3 and 50% with free throws...
                      Vidmar has good fundamentals and decent athleticism for his height... if only he wouldn't be getting all those cheap fouls.

Comment

Well the thing is that his shot has been that bad at Junior CHampioniship too, but he keeps jacking up 3s anyway....still very good game for him yesterday 10pts 7rebs 6ast....that Stefan Nikolic guy is going to be a hot commodity soon.
                        My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

Originally posted by Markoishvili
                          Well the thing is that his shot has been that bad at Junior CHampioniship too, but he keeps jacking up 3s anyway....still very good game for him yesterday 10pts 7rebs 6ast....that Stefan Nikolic guy is going to be a hot commodity soon.
                          When i am right you are a croatian scout from draftexpress. So i want you to ask how you compare Stefan Nikolic to Nenad Mijatovic and Milos Teodosic. All three are born in 87 and Guards. Who will have the best career in your opionion? And can you tell me something about Stefan Markovic (88 SG/PG) from Hemofarm?

Comment

finally Slovan fired Carr and are in search for a new player on PG.
                            I liked Zoran Dragič and Mlakar getting chance on PG, but they are still year or two away from effectively running the point for their team.

Comment

I think Slovan will not be in NLB next year so that will not be godd for the development from Preldzic, Vidmar, Nikolic and Klobucar. Preldzic is playing bad for me this season so far. Very poor shooter. Vidmar looks better. Both are good rebounders i als think that Vidmar is a great rebounder. He pulls down nearly 5 rebounds in about 17 minutes. Nikolic is talented and plays good defense i heard, but he has to work on his shoot. Klobucar is a scorer but with very poor shooting from 3 pointrange so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information