PDA

View Full Version : Transfers of MED teams that do not particpate in European Competitions.

Juan Carlos Nadal
07-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Report and discuss transfers of MED teams that do not particpate in european competitions, here.

Posts of the above theme posted elsewhere (as they will) will be transfred here.

Trifilli
07-21-2006, 11:06 AM
As it's a club that won't participate in a european competition I'll post it here (even though I think that it doesn't belong into the MED forum :p): Caja San Fernando signed Patrick Femerling from Panathinaikos.

PHILIPeurobasket
09-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Here we will talk about all transfer in European basketball ... about signings and rumours in Germany, Turkey, Bulgiaria, Belgium etc. etc.

BIG moneys in Sofia
Sofia continues to surprise every day at the transfer market. Today "The Reds" announced signing of Leandro Palladino and Brad Traina. With these two, "The Reds" already have in their roster 20 players, 14 of them are foreign.
Last week in CSKA came former assiatnt coach of Maccabi Tel Aviv - Jaakov Gino. With Pini Gershon he achieved Euroleague title in Moscow 2005. With him in Sofia tonight will arrive two National team players with a big playground in Europe - Lior Lubin and Israel Sheinfild. The team will join another former Maccabi TA - 35-years old American veteran with Israeli passport Deon Thomas. "The Reds" also signed another American yesterday - Adrian Pledger. It's clear that the club wants the title, the cup and minimum Final Four in FIBA Cup this season.

-----------

Marco Killingsworth in Turkey
Marco Killingsworth signed contract for upcoming season with Darussafaka from Turkey. For me this player is stupid - great player in NCAA, TOP5 in his country on center position. With 6'8 I think he will not play more time in Turkey .... but he go to this country.

final countdown
09-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Sorry but for me this thread is big off-topic ...

This forum is about european club competitions so posts for makedonikos' (a european team for example, which doesn't participate in european club competition) signings are off topic.
If u change the title to signings and rumours for european teams that don't participate in the euroleague (for this there is already one), BUT participate in other european club competition it's ok with me.......

The thread is moved to MED forum and merged with the existing one. -sariss

PHILIPeurobasket
09-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Damir Miljkovic returns to St. Petersburg
Because of a higher competition level due to its’ ULEB Cup debut “Dynamo St. Petersburg” signed a 1-year contract with Croatian guard Damir Miljkovic who now returns to the club he played in last season. Miljkovic has just finished playing for Croatian national team in the Eurobasket 2007 Qualifiers. The player is expected to join his teammates tomorrow in Athens.
Miljkovic gave his comment to Dynamo SPb. official web-site: “I’m really happy to be back to the team. We had a good last season and I think we can perform even better next year. It’s also exciting to have a prospect of participating in the ULEB Cup and we’ll go there to prove our strength. I have no doubts we’ll have another good season ahead”.
At the same time Dynamo St. Petersburg expects top-class center to join the team soon.

PHILIPeurobasket
09-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Vladimir Petrovic signed in France
BC Paris Basket Racing signed Serbian shooting guard/small forward Vladimir Petrovic who played last season in Greece for Aris Thessaloniki. Petrovic took one champions title and one National Cup in Germany with Alba Berlin and was champion of Yugoslavia ’97 with Partizan. Last season Aris reached final of Uleb Cup and semifinals of Greek play-off.
Petrovic has status of Bosman A player because he received Greek passport many years ago.

Billy
09-22-2006, 03:10 AM
As most of you have not heard of the lion part of the transfers in the Swedish Basketligan I will limit the transfers to Swedes who has either played abroad or foreign players who has signed contracts in Sweden.

Solna has signed the Bulgarian Simon Naydenov (f, 201 cm) from Lukoil Akademik Sofia.

Akropol has signed (USA) Karim Shabazz (c, 218 cm) from the NBDL and (LAT) Ilmars Bergmanis (g, 183 cm) from Sumihiprom.

08 Stockholm has signed (S) Joakim Blom (f/c, 209 cm) from Braunschweig.

Plannja Basket has signed (USA) Adam Sonn (f, 202 cm) from Polynorm Giants as well as (S) Jonas Jerebko (g/f, 205 cm) from M7 Borås.

Gothia Basket has signed (USA) Randy Orr (f/c, 209 cm) and (USA) Lorenzo Gordon (f, 200 cm).

Jämtland Basket ha signed (USA) Boakai Lalugba (f, 202 cm) from Finland,

Norrköping has signed (S) Andrew Pleick (g, 195 cm) from Södertälje, (USA-S) Paul Burke (g, 185 cm) from Bonn as well as (SLK) Gabriel Szalay (c, 214 cm) from Benneton Treviso.

Sallen Basket has signed (Bo) Vedran Bosnic (g, 184 cm) from KK Grude, (USA) Thomas Jackson (g, 186 cm), (F) Aki Ulander (c, 208 cm) from Namika Lahti as well as (EST) Reinar Hallik (f, 208 cm) from Rakvere.

PHILIPeurobasket
09-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Maciej Lampe sign in Russia

How inform Polish newspaper Maciel Lampe sign yesterday one year contract with Dynamo St. Petersburg! Lampe last season spent in NO Hornets (2 games) and Houston Rockets (4 games).

"Im very happy from my decision. I can also sign contract with Chicago Bulls, but I didnt want spent all my career on bench, I want play! Peoples from Russia tell me that I will play about 25-30 minutes per game - and this is good, very good option for me. Im very happy" - said Lampe.

PHILIPeurobasket
09-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Dynamo SPb. ready for a new season
ULEB Cup debutant Dynamo St. Petersburg signed 1-year contract (with the possibility of further extension) with 21-year-old center Maciej Lampe (210-C-85, agency: Edge Sports) (211 cm, 116 kg). The player spent last three season in the NBA playing for Phoenix Suns, New Orleans Hornets and Houston Rockets. Before leaving for the USA Lampe played for Real Madrid and became the youngest player who ever played for the club’s first team. Later he also became the youngest player in Phoenix Suns history to appear in a regular season game. Lampe is known for his physical strength and a good shooting skills.
The player impressed a lot in Las Vegas summer league-2006 playing for Phoenix Suns. His stats were: 18.2 minutes per game, 10.2 ppg (66% field shots made), 4.8 rpg, 1.0 apg. He finished the best in the team in field goals made percentage, 2nd in rebounds after Amare Stoudemire and 3rd in points scored (after Stoudemire and ex-Dynamo Moscow player Ruben Douglas).
Commenting on the signing with Dynamo SPb. Lampe said: “I’m very happy with my decision. I could have also signed for Chicago Bulls but I wanted to play and not spend my entire career on the bench. So I think Dynamo St. Petersburg really is a very good option for me”.
Lampe will join his new teammates in St. Petersburg next week as the team will return from Greece on September, 26th.

PHILIPeurobasket
09-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Brent Scott sign with AEK
How inform Eurobasket.com Brent Scott agreed today terms and sign contract for upcoming season with AEK Athens.

Very good choice for AEk board! Brent play in my team - Anwil and he was a great center :) !!!

HABIBI
09-22-2006, 07:25 PM
yes he is very good but he is 35 years old i think. its his 3rd team in Greece after Larisa and PAOK.

PHILIPeurobasket
09-22-2006, 07:41 PM
yes he is very good but he is 35 years old i think. its his 3rd team in Greece after Larisa and PAOK.

Yes, you have right...Brent play in Greece in 1993-1995 for Larisa, and in 2002-2003 for PAOK. Maybe he have 35 years, but look on his stats (stats from Wloclawek) - ULEB cup: 15 points and 8 rebounds, Polish DBL: 9 points and 6 rebounds ...:cool:

HABIBI
09-22-2006, 07:43 PM
yes i know him very good he played for my team (PAOK ) ;)

HABIBI
09-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Makedonikos very close to sign Frankie King.

PHILIPeurobasket
09-26-2006, 06:00 AM
Pascal Roller in Italy
Pallacanestro Angelico Biella announced to have signed Pascal Roller with a two-month contract
Source: Eurobasket.com

two-month contract, so why they sign with him? After this two-month Roller will have big problems to play in other club, becouse all teams will have full roster :confused: :rolleyes:

Billy
09-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Swedish NT captain Mats Levin (g, 188 cm) has signed with the club he grew up with, Solna of Stockholm. Hopefully this signing will balance out the signing of US Jerome Coleman (g, 185 cm). The club has also signed SCG Vladimir Krupnikovic (f, 203 cm) who last year played with Akropol.

Sundsvall has signed US Tim Whitworth (f, 195 cm) from Woon Aris.

Helsingborg has signed US Anthony Johnson (f, 196 cm) who last year played in the...uh...Mexican league.

Billy
09-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Gothia has also signed IRL Michael Bree (g, 185 cm) from Akropol as well as SCG Mladen Zarubica (g/f, 194 cm).

Billy
09-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Solna has signed US Matt Nelson (c, 211 cm), he has played in the NBDL.

Sallen basket has signed US Danny Gatlings(f, 196 cm) from Aura in Finland.

Ockelbo has signed US Howard Frier(g, 183 cm) as well as US Demetrius Brown(f, 200 cm) from San Jose State.