Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15th Super Kung Seung Invitational [Jul 18 HongKong]

ROSTER

China (CBA champion Guangdong summer league)

Hong Kong

Malaysia

USA (Southern California Asian Americans)

Singapore

Thailand

Philippines: Air 21 from PBA

Japan (Kagoshima select)
    Last edited by sinobball; 07-16-2006, 01:38 PM.
    aim low, score high

Originally posted by sinobball
    Participants:

Philippines (the team in Jones Cup)
    Hong Kong
    Thailand
    Malaysia
    Japan (Kagoshima select)
    Singapore
    China (CBA champion Guangdong summer league)
    USA (Southern California Asian Americans)
    Philippines basically will be bannered by a the Air 21 basketball team from the PBA not the B-squad (aka. aspirants) of the national team which played in the Jones Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by lrangels
      Philippines basically will be bannered by a the Air 21 basketball team from the PBA not the B-squad (aka. aspirants) of the national team which played in the Jones Cup.

I see, sorry.

the picture of the PBA slam dunk champ (Canaleta) misled me. I see the de Ocampo brothers also played in Jones Cup.
      aim low, score high

Comment

Comment

Why not NO.10 player- ZHOUJUNHUA(SF 197cm) in GUANGDONGHONHYUAN??

Go~Air YI,Aaia is not enough space for you!~
          ]

Comment

Some of you might remember that I watched last year's Super Kung Sheung Cup in HK and gave a blow-by-blow reportage of RP-Air21's games.

While this is only a second-tier (maybe even third-tier) tourney (at the level of SEABA or SEA games), Filipinos living and working here always look forward to cheering for any RP squad visiting HK.

I just hope the organizers stop promoting Air21 as the "National Team of the Philippines" in their flyers. My Chinese friends here think that Air21 is already the cream of the crop of the PBA when they aren't (except maybe for Canaleta and R. De Ocampo who are still raw but will become stars in a few years' time). I love Air21's exciting style of play, though.

Anyway, I'm watching the first game tomorrow vs. Singapore and will try to post my comments here, maybe even a few highlight reels.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by erektus
              Some of you might remember that I watched last year's Super Kung Sheung Cup in HK and gave a blow-by-blow reportage of RP-Air21's games.

While this is only a second-tier (maybe even third-tier) tourney (at the level of SEABA or SEA games), Filipinos living and working here always look forward to cheering for any RP squad visiting HK.

I just hope the organizers stop promoting Air21 as the "National Team of the Philippines" in their flyers. My Chinese friends here think that Air21 is already the cream of the crop of the PBA when they aren't (except maybe for Canaleta and R. De Ocampo who are still raw but will become stars in a few years' time). I love Air21's exciting style of play, though.

Anyway, I'm watching the first game tomorrow vs. Singapore and will try to post my comments here, maybe even a few highlight reels.

Cheers!
              Yeah! The national team basically is sponsored by San Miguel Corporation, which should not be mistaken by the San Miguel Beermen in the PBA. They just have the same corporate sponsor or representing the same corporate banner but a different team.

Maybe when Air 21 joined the tournament they listed themselves as the "national team" because the owner of the franchise is Joey Lina. Who happens to be the president of the defunct BAP.

Comment

Pareng Irangels, long time no talk...

As you can see, the Air21 delegation is headed by disgraced BAP sec-gen Graham Lim himself, who is known to be lovey-dovey with outgoing FIBA pressy Carl Menky Ching, a HKnese.

If I ever get to see Graham on the court today, I will bitch-slap him on the spot. =P

Comment

Pareng Irangels, long time no talk...

As you can see, the Air21 delegation is headed by disgraced BAP sec-gen Graham Lim himself, who is known to be lovey-dovey with outgoing FIBA pressy Carl Menky Ching, a HKnese.

If I ever get to see Graham on the court today, I will bitch-slap him on the spot. =P
                  yes please do
                  Jarinx Basketball @BuzzerBeater.com
                  http://www.buzzerbeater.com/team/107143/overview.aspx

Comment

Just finished watching the game between RP-Air21 and the Singapore NT (reportedly backstopped by a few players from Mainland China).

It was an ugly game with lots of turnovers and easy misses, partly because both teams employed trapping and pressure defense all throughout the game.

RP-Air21 looked sluggish in the beginning, while Singapore impressed me with their quick passing game, drive-and-kick plays and outside sniping. They looked like a watered down version of Korea. HK plays the same way, too.

But in the end, RP-Air21's individual talent enabled them to bury Singapore by 34 points, 101-75.

Canaleta, the De Ocampo brothers and Tubid all looked sluggish! Perhaps due to the one-week grind they faced while playing at the Jones Cup just a few days ago.

Comment

Just finished watching the game between RP-Air21 and the Singapore NT (reportedly backstopped by a few players from Mainland China).

It was an ugly game with lots of turnovers and easy misses, partly because both teams employed trapping and pressure defense all throughout the game.

RP-Air21 looked sluggish in the beginning, while Singapore impressed me with their quick passing game, drive-and-kick plays and outside sniping. They looked like a watered down version of Korea. HK plays the same way, too.

But in the end, RP-Air21's individual talent enabled them to bury Singapore by 34 points, 101-75.

Canaleta, the De Ocampo brothers and Tubid all looked sluggish! Perhaps due to the one-week grind they faced while playing at the Jones Cup just a few days ago.
                      did Air21 bring an import with them?
                      Jarinx Basketball @BuzzerBeater.com
                      http://www.buzzerbeater.com/team/107143/overview.aspx

Comment

Nope, they played all-Filipino.

Tubid managed to sizzle with his derring-do drives only towards the end of the game.

Canaleta was a bit disappointing as he had butter fingers and kept on losing the ball. On a couple of occasions he even had a chance to dunk it (he ain't the PBA's slamdunk king for nothing) but settled for a boring layup instead.
                        Well, they just arrived from Taiwan yesterday after playing 7 straight days at the Jones Cup, so I'll give him a couple of days to get back into the groove.

Yancy was a sorry sight. Ranidel hardly played.

Comment

so did you slap graham lim in the face?
                          say hello to my little friend!

Comment

Day 1:

Asian American team, led by former Oxidental (NCAAD3) captain Song Cun Sau, defeated the Japanese team 114-76. Larry Tieu playing for Concorda (NCAAD3) scored 21.

Philippines 105-71 Singapore
                            Malaysia 60-48 Thailand
                            Hong Kong 70-64 China
                            aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball
                              Day 1:

Asian American team, led by former Oxidental (NCAAD3) captain Song Cun Sau, defeated the Japanese team 114-76. Larry Tieu playing for Concorda (NCAAD3) scored 21.

Philippines 105-71 Singapore
                              Malaysia 60-48 Thailand
                              Hong Kong 70-64 China
                              Thanks for the update man.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information