PDA

View Full Version : ULEB Cup of FIBA FEC?

Roy M
07-15-2006, 10:00 AM
They'll play in the ULEB cup, which is obviously miles better than the FEC, long contract.

I'm not sure... The FEC looks more atractive then the Uleb, at list with the names around. Real, Rytas, DSP and Siena the only big names in ULEB. look which teams will play in FEC.

PHILIPeurobasket
07-15-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure... The FEC looks more atractive then the Uleb, at list with the names around. Real, Rytas, DSP and Siena the only big names in ULEB. look which teams will play in FEC.

What!? Are you crazy man !? :eek:

FEC better than ULEB ?:D no, no, no ....

Strasbourg, ALBA, GHP Bamberg, Hapoel Migdal Jerusalem, Montepaschi Siena, BK Ventspils, Lietuvos Rytas, Anwil Wloclawek, Dynamo St. Petersburg, Real Madrid - are this teams are bad !?

Juan Carlos Nadal
07-15-2006, 10:11 AM

Even if God himself makes a team and participates in FEC, it will still be less attractive for anyone to participate in it than the ULEB Cup, as it enjoys much less exposure, and there is no price for winning it (EL participation) as it is for the ULEB cup. And I don't think that I am alone on that one.

Juan Carlos Nadal
07-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Strasbourg, ALBA, GHP Bamberg, Hapoel Migdal Jerusalem, Montepaschi Siena, BK Ventspils, Lietuvos Rytas, Anwil Wloclawek, Dynamo St. Petersburg, Real Madrid

Can you spot the odd one out? :D

Roy M
07-15-2006, 10:30 AM
What!? Are you crazy man !? :eek:

FEC better than ULEB ?:D no, no, no ....

Strasbourg, ALBA, GHP Bamberg, Hapoel Migdal Jerusalem, Montepaschi Siena, BK Ventspils, Lietuvos Rytas, Anwil Wloclawek, Dynamo St. Petersburg, Real Madrid - are this teams are bad !?

Do you call Migdal a team? here in Israel they are joke and stupied fans.
They are like a zoo. Shouting like lions in the summer about to take the champion and they have the best player in Europe, work like donkeys during the season, howlink like hyenas against Maccabi and cry like Jackales in the end after another 30 points loose.

Juan Carlos Nadal
07-15-2006, 10:35 AM
I have also created a poll so you can vote your preference.

FanBoy
07-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Maybe if isrealis will pay there tax fee to Hapoal Jersu.Theyll be better than maccabi...and the IL league may have a chance.
Ever thought about that????
5M$ extra like maccabi get from there main sponser the people of isreal(tnx to channel 1)will sure make them a worthy team.

as for Macas will sign for Olymp. Ill be proud...and if theyll take the euro league, or even PANA ill be more than happy. for Olymp cuse Pini Gershon is the head couch(il pride) and for Pana cuse there my fav team after maccabi in the euroleague.

sadly maccabi this year will be a waste of my money for the season ticket(had one for 6 years since 2000 but this team this year make me lol all they way).

Joško Poljak Fan
07-15-2006, 10:47 AM
with the exception of Russian and Ucrainian clubs all 2nd grade clubs are playing in UlebCup and 3rd grade in Fiba's competitions... with some exceptoions on both sides... when euroleague'll expand noone will stay at Fiba's, but'll run over to UlebCup. if Fiba would be smart they'd let Uleb also organise the 3rd competition...

Roy M
07-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Maybe if isrealis will pay there tax fee to Hapoal Jersu.Theyll be better than maccabi...and the IL league may have a chance.
Ever thought about that????
5M$ extra like maccabi get from there main sponser the people of isreal(tnx to channel 1)will sure make them a worthy team.

as for Macas will sign for Olymp. Ill be proud...and if theyll take the euro league, or even PANA ill be more than happy. for Olymp cuse Pini Gershon is the head couch(il pride) and for Pana cuse there my fav team after maccabi in the euroleague.

sadly maccabi this year will be a waste of my money for the season ticket(had one for 6 years since 2000 but this team this year make me lol all they way).

You must know that money not "buy" titels. You need good management too...Jerusalem has clowns top of...

Juan Carlos Nadal
07-15-2006, 03:56 PM
By the way, the teams that will participate in the FIBA EC have just been announced. These are:

CZE: Nymbruck
NED: Astronauts
ROM: Asesoft Ploiesti
RUS: Loko Rostov, UNICS, Ural Great Perm, Dinamo Moscow Region
SER: Vojvodina
ESP: Girona, Estudiantes
TUR: Besiktas, Turk Telecom
UKR: Azovmash, BC Kyiv, Khimik Yuzhny.
EST: Kalev Tallinn
FRA: ASVEL, Dijon, Gravelines
BEL: Liege, Charleroi
BUL: CSKA Sofia (I wonder where they will find the money to travel... to the airport)
CYP: AE Lemesos
GRE: Marousi. Olympiada Patras
HUN: Pacs
ISR: Maccabi Rishon, Hapoel Nahariya
ITA: Virtus Bologna
LAT: Barons Riga, ASK Riga
LIT: Siauliai

And these are the teams for the FIBA Euro Challenge:
CYP: Apollon Limassol, Keravnos Nicosia
CZE: Mlekarna Kunin, Prostejov, ZS Brno
EST: Tartu
ISL: Keflavik, Njardvik
POR: CAB Madeira
ROM: Cluj
RUS: Samara
SWE: Norrköping Dolphins
SUI: Boncourt
TUR: Galatasaray
UKR: Cherkasi Mavpy, BC Dnipro

Montepaschi
07-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Doubt that Israeli teams will participate in FIBA compatitions due to the War in Israel.maybe they will play abroad(Cyprus,Turkey) but i doubt that they will accept it.
i read that Naharaya is a place that is under Missiles.

I dont understand why FIBA are doing this Challenge cup.its so weak that i can be the MVP in this compatition

Dookie
07-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Doubt that Israeli teams will participate in FIBA compatitions due to the War in Israel.maybe they will play abroad(Cyprus,Turkey) but i doubt that they will accept it.
i read that Naharaya is a place that is under Missiles.

Again ?!
You just can't stop, right?

Montepaschi
07-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Just said my opinion.if u don't like it just dont read what i say.
If u dont have nothing to say about FEL so dont write
Thanx

PHILIPeurobasket
07-15-2006, 05:17 PM
By the way, the teams that will participate in the FIBA EC have just been announced. These are:

BUL: CSKA Sofia (I wonder where they will find the money to travel... to the airport)
GRE: Marousi. Olympiada Patras

And these are the teams for the FIBA Euro Challenge:

Please look - there are any team from Poland! Polish teams didnt want play in these cups ... they think that these cups are poor !

Billy
07-15-2006, 05:19 PM
They are like a zoo. Shouting like lions in the summer about to take the champion and they have the best player in Europe, work like donkeys during the season, howlink like hyenas against Maccabi and cry like Jackales in the end after another 30 points loose.

That is you OPINION, something you are clearly allowed to voice but do not try to make it sound like a fact.

No matter how you perceive Jerusalem they will be a force in the upcoming ULEB Cup, just like they have been in the past. As such, they are one of the reasons ULEB cup is more appealing -atleast to me.

PHILIPeurobasket
07-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Ok and now look on this:

Euroleague is 1st league - yes?
ULEB is 2nd league - yes ?
FIBA Euro Challenge or FIBA EC is .... far far from league 1st and 2nd - yes?

Why in ULEB Cup didnt play any team from ROM,EST,CYP,HUN etc. - becouse in Uleb play only good teams from good league, and teams who have money $$$ - this is true about Uleb.

And what is FIBA Euro Challenge !? I remember when Slask Wroclaw must fly to FYR Macedonia or other egzotic countrys...

Roy M
07-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Ok and now look on this:

Euroleague is 1st league - yes?
ULEB is 2nd league - yes ?

Why in ULEB Cup didnt play any team from ROM,EST,CYP,HUN etc. - becouse in Uleb play only good teams from good league, and teams who have money $$$ - this is true about Uleb.

And what is FIBA Euro Challenge !? I remember when Slask Wroclaw must fly to FYR Macedonia or other egzotic countrys...

we must be realistics and say honestly: ULEB is a close forum of baketball, and they take only teams from Spain, Italy and big clubs around. they won't give chance to small teams in non-popoular or developed countries.

FiIBA is all europian federation and has committed to teams from ROM,EST,CYP,HUN etc.

Endym
07-15-2006, 05:37 PM
ULEB Cup is still stronger than FIBA Eurocup, but FIBA Eurocup is not a weak competition.

I think if you put together bottom half of ULEB Cup and top half of FIBA Eurcup, FIBA teams would have clearly more wins (not dominant, but maybe 60-40 or even more). It's strong competition with strong teams.

FIBA EC is not far from ULEB Cup.

PHILIPeurobasket
07-15-2006, 05:38 PM
we must be realistics and say honestly: ULEB is a close forum of baketball, and they take only teams from Spain, Italy and big clubs around. they won't give chance to small teams in non-popoular or developed countries.

FiIBA is all europian federation and has committed to teams from ROM,EST,CYP,HUN etc.

Yes You have right! But do want see in next season teams from Romania in Euroleague !?

In Uleb play teams who have money - and we must be realistic - teams from HUN,CYP or EST didnt have money and so big arenas to play ....

Juan Carlos Nadal
07-15-2006, 05:40 PM
I have noticed a change in the list of the teams participating in FEC, as published by fibaeurope.com. Olympiada Patras had been replaced in the list by Panionios Athens. I don't know if its a mistake or whether there has indeed been a change.

Juan Carlos Nadal
07-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Here is also the list of the ULEB Cup participating teams so that comparisons could be made easier.

BEL: Dexia Mons Hainaut, Telindus Oostende
BUL: Lukoil Academic
FRA: Nancy, Strasbourg
GER: Alba Berlin, Bamberg
GRE: AEK, PAOK
ISR: Hapoel Migdal Jerusalem
ITA: Montepaschi Siena, Snaidero Udine
LAT: BK Ventspils
LIT: Lietuvos Rytas
NED: Eiffeltowers Den Bosch
POL: Anwil Wloclawek
RUS: BC Khimki, Dynamo St. Petersburg
SER: FMP Zeleznik, Crvena Zvezda, Hemofarm
ESP: Gran Canaria,Real Madrid
TUR: Banvit*

From that list I would replace Banvit with Besiktas, Gran Canaria with Girona, Den Bosh you whoever else, Udine with Virtus, Dexia with maybe Charleroi, Nancy with ASVEL, add Azovmash and UNICS and I am done.

Juan Carlos Nadal
07-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Indeed Panionios' place is confirmed in the FEC, while Olympiada was moved to the FECC. So here's the updated list:

FIBA EUROPE CUP
BUL: CSKA Sofia
GRE: Marousi, Panionios Athens

FIBA EUROPE CUP CHALLENGE
GRE: Olympiada Patras

Fripp_Moe
07-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Don't sleep on Tartu -- they got Muursepp and head coach Brazis from Spartak Saint-Petersburgh. FECC crown or bust!

YYY
07-15-2006, 08:32 PM
Please look - there are any team from Poland! Polish teams didnt want play in these cups ... they think that these cups are poor !
Or maybe Polish teams are simply too weak even for that competitions? :D

PHILIPeurobasket
07-16-2006, 04:37 AM
Or maybe Polish teams are simply too weak even for that competitions? :D

I dont think so ... for example Slask Wroclaw - know everybody. We have also Turow Zgorzelec and Polpak Swiecie ....

Trifilli
07-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Indeed Panionios' place is confirmed in the FEC, while Olympiada was moved to the FECC.

That's FIBA how we know them... they agreed with Olympiada that they'd get a spot in the EuroCup, not in the FECC. Maroussi was sure to play in the FEC and the other spot belonged to Panionios, the club decided a bit later to participate in the competition, so it looked like 3 teams from Greece would play in the FEC. In the end FIBA put Olympiada to the FECC without their knowledge (they fell from their chairs yesterday most likely when they got to know the news :p), what an amateurism by FIBA again... :rolleyes:

Btw, there are no german teams participating in the FIBA competitions because there are still foreigner restricitions in those competitions (one good thing about FIBA :p). All clubs that were asked will have too many US players on their roster to take part.