X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sammy Villegas charged with point shaving

If anyone knows what point shaving is... let me know

Yahoo! Sports Article

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—A former University of Toledo basketball player has been charged with point shaving, according to a federal bill of information filed in U.S. District Court in Detroit.

Sammy Villegas, who played basketball for four years at Toledo and has followed that with a professional career in his native Puerto Rico, is accused of shaving points in games during the 2004-05 and 2005-06 seasons.

The case comes a little more than a year after a Toledo football player was accused in a gambling scheme, though the charges against him were dropped. A university spokesman described the cases as isolated incidents.

Villegas, a guard who finished his college career in 2006, also paid another player who took part in the point-shaving ring, prosecutors said. The other player was not charged or named in the bill of information, which was filed June 30.
    1-Time BSN All Star
    Currently belongs to San German Atleticos and if im not mistaken, I think he's actually playing in the dominican pro league.
    sigpic

What a dumbass
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

here is your answer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_shaving
      "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

His coaches in Toledo Uni. dont belive he was cheating on the games while in a puertorrican newspaper, its said that he is cooperating with the goverment.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information