Syria kidnapped the Title, Arab U18 NT teams championship , Morocco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syria kidnapped the Title, Arab U18 NT teams championship , Morocco

Held in Morocco in 14th of this month , ended yesterday with a fire burning Marathon Final match between Syria the strongest offense in the tournament and Egypt the strongest defense , Both teams had all the way to finals without testing the flavor of loosing a single match , original time ended 97-97, the Syrians needed an extra time to win the game and the Arab championship 108-107.

Syria Roster: Mahmoud asfera 204 cm, bilal jnedi, jameel khodeer 200cm, majd arbasha , orwa shati 203 cm , Tareq El-Jabi , Dani hawashi , azmi abdoulnoor , Mahmoud dyarbaqri , Nadeem eisa, Sivor Marjyan, noras Ahmaduk, Obaida El-samman
    Syria played the championship Lacking the services of the best U18 Syrian center Abdoulwahab hamwi 218 cm , due of an injury before the tournament .

The Groups :

Group A : Syria – Algeria – Tunisia – Yemen - Saudi Arabia
    this group known to be the iron group Algeria Tunisia Syria are nominated by experts , Yemen are playing with over aged and some players are plying in USA.

Group B : Egypt – Jordan – UAE – Somalia – Morocco,not an easy group also.

Syrian Team Results in Group Matches :

Syria vs Algeria 84-68 /// Syria vs Tunisia 83-65 /// Syria vs yamen 104-99 /// Syria vs SA 105-76

Egyptian Team Results in Group Matches :

Egypt vs Jordan 66-49 /// Egypt vs UAE 81-56 /// Egypt vs Somalia 92-79 /// Egypt vs Morocco 67-44

The Quarter Finals :

Strange system of this tournament , there were no advantages of leading or being second of a group , three teams are qualified from each group , six teams are divided again to form a new two group of three teams to rally again , last team goes out , two leaders of each group will cross meat again in Simi Finals :
    Group A : Syria – Jordan – Algeria
    Group B : Egypt – Yemen – Morocco

Results of group A : Syria vs Jordan 67-62 /// Syria vs Algeria 77-62 /// Algeria vs Jordan 77-72
    Results of group B : Egypt vs Yemen 72-50 /// Egypt vs Morocco 69-53 /// Morocco vs Yemen 64-57

The Simi Finals :

Egypt vs Algeria : win for Egypt 74-72
    Syria vs Morocco : win for Syria 70-48

3rd - 4th position Game

Algeria vs Morocco : 58-37

The Final Game :

Syria vs Egypt : 108 – 107
    Congratulations for Syria and hard luck for Egypt Both teams were great with a promising potentials.

Final order of teams :

1- Syria
    2- Egypt
    3- Algeria
    4- Morocco
    Last edited by Gold Digger; 07-24-2008, 11:19 PM.

What a match !!!!!!!!!!!

Today I watched the replay our coach was very angry special when he shot the chair.

We played until the last second and we finish the match.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalaa_Syria
      What a match !!!!!!!!!!!

Today I watched the replay our coach was very angry special when he shot the chair.

We played until the last second and we finish the match.
      Can not agree more ,
      I never seen something like it , there were 3.4 seconds only to end original time and Egypt is leading by 6 points .. 6 points for god sake , I even saw the Egyptians exchanging congratulations but our coach managed to flip the match upside down with two time outs in 3 seconds and our players scored 6 points by taking the best of ( and one ) , and 3points shot with the buzzer.
      A hell of a match that was … and the Egyptian team they were great but hard luck Syria deserved the title .

Comment

congrats syria.... i hope 2 see our mens 1st team winning titles 2 !

Comment

>
          assad06

Don’t think so ,, our 1st team is really suffering . more than 10 players are injured !!

Best luck for our U 18 NT , I hoped that we can see some serious games in Yemen WABA completion , but I was disappointed to read our coach that his target is Positing 3 in order to get in easer Asian championship Group , other wise I would really expect to win the WABA title in addition of this Arabian championship , the Egyptian team is stronger than the Iranian and the Lebanese team in his new roster , but what we can say 1st time to see teams ( Syria – Lebanon ) working hard to loose !!!

>

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information