PDA

View Full Version : Adriatic league 2006/07

Pages : 1 [2]

Joško Poljak Fan
03-29-2007, 08:47 PM
I think the least hyped played on Partizan, Novica Veličković will later pan out as the best player... he'll have a great career...

bosnaASA
03-29-2007, 10:11 PM
rasic left fmp for efes pilsen, signed a 2,5 year contract worth 2,5 million

elaj
03-30-2007, 05:58 PM
FMP beat Hemofarm and it's the first finalist. They have lost Rašić a day ago, but still managed to win... ;)

Hemofarm - FMP 83:87 (http://www.adriaticbasket.com/stats.php?gameid=185&sez=)

Manu Ginobili
03-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Partizan did it!
after 18 years without a win in Zagreb they won exactly in the right moment.
Pekovic was great and cause to forget the absence of Perovic.
I was very excited,considering I followed the game with a PBP :D

elaj
03-31-2007, 08:44 PM
Partizan did it!
after 18 years without a win in Zagreb they won exactly in the right moment.
Pekovic was great and cause to forget the absence of Perovic.
I was very excited,considering I followed the game with a PBP :D
Cibona vs. Partizan - 81:87 (http://www.adriaticbasket.com/stats.php?gameid=188&sez=)

Buducnost PG
03-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Even with the refs on their side Cibona was beaten. Pukl and Baulthouzer called everything in favor for Cibona. But that was not a wounder, because the croatian Danko Radic is the person who decide the refs for the games.

Cibona=team of foreigners.:D :D :D :D

Joško Poljak Fan
03-31-2007, 09:54 PM
Even with the refs on their side Cibona was beaten. Pukl and Baulthouzer called everything in favor for Cibona. But that was not a wounder, because the croatian Danko Radic is the person who decide the refs for the games.

Cibona=team of foreigners.:D :D :D :D
congrats to Partizan.

while we're at referees, in this series Partizan has absolutely nothing to complain about, considering the first two games (I missed the third)...

not to mention Bosna and Široki after "incredible win" by Olimpija in Zagreb... even if there was a referee help, it wouldn't be even considering how Slovan last season and Laško 2 seasons ago fall out of top8 in favour of Bosna...

Buducnost PG
03-31-2007, 10:19 PM
congrats to Partizan.

while we're at referees, in this series Partizan has absolutely nothing to complain about, considering the first two games (I missed the third)...

not to mention Bosna and Široki after "incredible win" by Olimpija in Zagreb... even if there was a referee help, it wouldn't be even considering how Slovan last season and Laško 2 seasons ago fall out of top8 in favour of Bosna...

The first two games were OK, but not this 3rd. Partizan had 5 freethrows after the 3rd quarter and Cibona 20. Also Partizan was immediately in the penalty and Cibona not in the 1st and 3rd quarter. They didn´t get 5 teamfouls in this quarters. But that is something what i expect every game when serbian team is playing against Zadar or Cibona. Danko Radic knows what he is going to do.

Bosna and Siroki have nothing to say about refs. There was no help for slovenian teams. The win of Slovan against Zadar was fair and also the win of Olimpija in Zagreb.

PHILIPeurobasket
04-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Red Star is trying to improve squad before final period of season when their destiny will be decided. Club stayed without ULEB Cup place for next season and the only way for them to play in Europe next year is trough Serbian domestic league where they need to win title and qualify for Euroleague. Club officials took that mission very seriously and signed contract till the end of current season with American international Kebu Stewart directly from Seoul, South Korea, where Stewart was playing this year. It is expected that Kebu Stewart will not have problems with adaptation on Serbian league after he was playing in Vojvodina Novi Sad for 2 years
Source: http://24sec.net/article.asp?index=3872

Big, old and good Kebu Stewart :) If he is still good like play in Poland Red Star will have now big power under basket :)

http://grafika.wroclaw.e-basket.pl/photos/polska/03_04/sezon/slask_prokom/21.jpg

Joško Poljak Fan
04-09-2007, 11:33 AM
link on košarka.hr (http://kosarka.hr/main.asp?P=Vijest&hn=naslovnica&J=HRV&VijestID=14010)

Danas, pak, na pragu potpunog reanimiranja "KPJ"-e u liku NLB lige potpuno je jasno kako smo najveći gubitnici u ovih 17 godina upravo mi - Hrvati. "Obnovljeno KPJ" krenuti će tako sljedeće godine s samo tri hrvatska kluba. Realnost? Nažalost - da. Hrvatska košarka trenutno, jednostavno, ne može ponuditi više. Svugdje gdje postoje gubitnici, pa tako i ovdje, mora biti i poneki dobitnik. Predmetna nagrada ide, nesumnjivo, "euro" susjedima Slovencima (više osnivačkim privilegijama nego kvalitetom) i Srbima (kvalitetom). Jednostavnom usporedbom s tom, posljednjom odigranom sezonom "KPJ"-e, dolazimo naime do spoznaje kako će Slovenci imati čak dva, a Srbi jedan klub više nego tada. Uz Hrvatsku ulogu gubitnika ima i Bosna i Hercegovina koja će također imati jednog predstavnika manje nego prije tih dugih 17 godina. Posebnu težinu ovim brojkama daje i činjenica da će NLB u sljedećoj sezoni brojati ukupno dva kluba više nego posljednje "KPJ"-e. Tako smo 1991. godine imali četiri hrvatska kluba u ligi od 12 klubova, sada ćemo imati samo tri kluba u ligi od 14 članova. Malo je reći silazna putanja…
I just had to post it here...:p
saying that slovenians are privileged due to founding and funding this league, is a bit weird considering how Laško and Slovan were treated in 04/05 and 05/06... plus missing two facts... when this league was established and Krka and Laško were somewhere on recent Hemofarm's level Slovenia rightfully got the big quota back than which we're slowely starting to loose...

and the thing that bothers me the most when talking about tradition and ex-Yu situation in bball before 91'... the decision on which team will get enough founds and players to play in the Yu 1st league was stricktly political and investment in some of slovenian bball clubs, were obstructed back than so as far as I remember only Maribor (and KK Ljubljana in the 50ies) were beside Olimpija actually participating in the first league... I think in the last few years some of our clubs at least indicated that wasn't exactly the real picture...

anyway interesting article...

Buducnost PG
04-09-2007, 02:27 PM
link on košarka.hr (http://kosarka.hr/main.asp?P=Vijest&hn=naslovnica&J=HRV&VijestID=14010)

I just had to post it here...:p
saying that slovenians are privileged due to founding and funding this league, is a bit weird considering how Laško and Slovan were treated in 04/05 and 05/06... plus missing two facts... when this league was established and Krka and Laško were somewhere on recent Hemofarm's level Slovenia rightfully got the big quota back than which we're slowely starting to loose...

and the thing that bothers me the most when talking about tradition and ex-Yu situation in bball before 91'... the decision on which team will get enough founds and players to play in the Yu 1st league was stricktly political and investment in some of slovenian bball clubs, were obstructed back than so as far as I remember only Maribor (and KK Ljubljana in the 50ies) were beside Olimpija actually participating in the first league... I think in the last few years some of our clubs at least indicated that wasn't exactly the real picture...

anyway interesting article...

The croatian´s see them as losers of this league, the serbian are also not statisfied with the league. Always the same. I have enough from all this. Play it or not. If you play it be quiet and work to become better in the future but please do not began to cry. Yes the croatian had good teams at the end of the 80´s but they had also good serbian players in the teams and now this is not more the case. There were also 600.000 serbs from which came good players like Arijan Komazec, Nikola Plecas, Zoran Cutura which were born in Croatia. But if they think players like Stpicevic, Tomic and so on will benefit more from the playing against Svjetolost Brod then against Partizan or Zvezda they can leave this league. The problem of the basketball in croatia starts 1997 and not with the NLB. But it has become a new trend that the associations begin to say it is the failure of the NLB, while our basketball is bad. The 3-year contract of Cibona has to do more with the failure of croatian basketball then the NLB.

theblackswans
04-13-2007, 12:32 AM
I still think the league is good bball and viable. There are better years and worse ones. the competition is better off with the Serbian teams participating. I think dropping the league would be a bigtime mistake none of the domestic leagues Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia or Macedonia has the competitive teams to form a top quality league on there own.

The forum is effective for the most part. I hope that the people continue to work on keeping the league around. I believe that there are a lot of quality young players in these leagues and they benifit from the competion rather than playing against poor domestic teams.

theblackswans
04-13-2007, 12:37 AM
Zadar was relatively good in the begining, but in second half of the season fall from 4th to 7th place. Johnson played few times worse than last season, while English didn't proove to be the reinforcement Zadar expected especially with his effort in defense and he tended to dissapear against the upper half teams, while no need to say dropping 30+ on Split or Slovan wasn't some kind of tough job.
Overall as much as I believe Zadar could be up there with the best 5 teams by quality they underperformed- just as Zvezda did.

As far for Bosna, with Gilbert, Rizvić, Rahimić and Bremer playing whole season the story might've been different, while 10th place is objective imo...

Helios surprised me, in the second half of the season no team has truely outplayed them and lost most of the games in the last minutes. Two losses with Zagreb costed them participating in uleb Cup. I think they'll keep the core of the team, but loosing Pavič might be a hard blow for them in any case next season.

The team that surprised me the most is definately Bodučnost and they can only improve next season.

Olimpija was killed by their short bench. They've started bad, Kuzminskas and Maraker could hardly contribute in NLB (let alone in euroleague), Ožbolt injured again and finally Rizvič, Milič and Arslan leaving, troubles with Zupan's transfer... and you can't play in euroleague along with strong championship with 4-5 players only (Climamio as the second example). It was really painfull watching the team, realising that with 2-3 more bench players (imbecils left Drobnjak go last season :rolleyes: and it's only Dragiša Drobnjak we're talking about) the team would be able to win quite some more (in EL and NLB).
In any case I'd expect Olimpija to be a whole another team next season.

It's interesting how Nešović's game improved after leaving Zagreb for a top4 team like Hemfarm, as if it's happen the other way around.

I like Dragisa Drobnjak he does the little things to help a team win. I have seen him play a couple of times and for a role player often he added some energy to the team.

Bosna ASA is a poorly constructed team. Rahimic is bad defensivly, he will kill you and also he is another who doesn't play well against the best. Bosnia played no defense this year and will have to be rebuilt.

Buducnost PG
04-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Tomorrow at 19.00 o´clock will be the first game of the final between FMP and Partizan. FMP has the homecourt advantage, but they are a weaker team without Rasic and had big problems under the basket the whole season and especially in the first two games of the serbian Superleague. So there is the biggest chance for Partizan which is very strong on C/PF.

Lisac said today that the NLB will get on EL spot for the season 2008/09. I hope that is true and not again only some trashtalk from his side. With a EL-spot for the champion the league will get better i think and perhaps the teams will invest more money.

bosnaASA
04-15-2007, 08:46 AM
FMP - Partizan 83:85

Buducnost PG
04-15-2007, 09:08 AM
FMP - Partizan 83:85

Nice win. I hope they will win also the 2nd game and then win the title for the first time. Partizan was better throught the whole game, especially in the 1st half, but FMP fighted and at the end it was a tight game. But Cummings which made one of his best games in this season for Partizan, made a 3-pointer with 2,3sec to go and Partizan won.

theblackswans
04-16-2007, 03:46 AM
Nice win. I hope they will win also the 2nd game and then win the title for the first time. Partizan was better throught the whole game, especially in the 1st half, but FMP fighted and at the end it was a tight game. But Cummings which made one of his best games in this season for Partizan, made a 3-pointer with 2,3sec to go and Partizan won.

I always like to root for the underdog but Partizan will be tough to beat for sure.

rikhardur
04-19-2007, 07:49 PM
My congrats to Partizan for the title :)

Joško Poljak Fan
04-25-2007, 11:16 AM
next year participants:

Serbia 5 teams: didn't really pay attention to the situation in Mega Ishrana, Mašinac or Sloga this year, but I think there shouldn't be much questions about the five teams participating in AL 07/08

Partizan, Zvezda, Železnik, Hemofam and Vojvodina

Croatia 3 teams: Cibona and Zadar are one level in front of the others. Cedevita had a major dissapointment with AJ Guyton, Zagreb was close getting beat by Borik and Cedevita and they'll have to beat Split at home in 9th round or hope they fail against some lower ranked teams to qualify next season. Split reinforcing themselves for croatian championship is a clear sign that the worse 2 placed teams in AL should automatically be banned from competition next year in order to stimulate teams to play good through the whole season, not in national championship only.
hopefully Split will manage to qualify though...

Slovenia 3 teams: Helios and Olimpija are both one step in fon of others. Laško that imo had the best chances to upset Slovan, lost MVP of 1.A league Ingram and consequently isn't on the level they should be. lost at home vs. Slovan, and surprisingly to Krka on the road, which might be the game that already costed them of Adriatic league. Considering Slovan's potential, no tears from me...

BiH 1 team: being only 1 win short from keeping the second team, Široki and Bosna will play the most interesting BiH finals ever. Igokea brought some decent reinforcements from Serbia, but should be a no match for both teams above. Media in BiH spread some funny story about Bosna and Široki boycotting the league if BiH doesn't get that 2nd team, doubt it'd be possible though

Monenegro 1 team: Bodučnost got a wild card. Morača arena was full in the last game vs. Hemofarm where Bodučnost assured participating in Uleb Cup and considering the rumours authorities are willing to spent quite some money for atm. probably the most visible montenegrian club...

FYROMacedonia 1 team: wild card Rabotnički. FYROM has or had quite some interesting players like Gecevski, Samardzinski, Stefanov, Naumovski, Bocevski but I have no idea about the level of their players in their national league... this league is the best think that could happen to them bball wise, but I'd expect them to be cannon food for the first 2-3 seasons...

woma
04-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Maybe somebody will be interested - http://sportbit.org/details.php?id=4504&hit=1