Team Canada dumps Sam Dalembert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Canada dumps Sam Dalembert

A day after a horrendous performance vs Rasho Nesterovic, the big man from Haiti received 0 minute in the thriller 2-point win over Korea. Shortly after it was announced his services are no longer needed.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/thewire/bask...umps_dalember/

"He is not on the team," said Rautins when asked to explain Dalembert’s absence. "Everybody who’s here now wants to be here and wants to be a part of this team. If that’s not your agenda you’re not here."
    aim low, score high

I'd take Sam Dalambert over Rautins...heck I will take bag of **** over Rautins(both son and dad)
    47-70
    76-58

Comment

Gossip from Greece says that Dalambert made some statements on TV that were carried over to his coach who askeed for the "tapes" from Greek TV. Apparently, his statements were misread but the rest of the team voted to throw him out of the 12!

Comment

Steve Nash...Denham Brown...Samuel Dalembert...Canada is starting to assemble a pretty nice team of players who won't play for Rautins
        Originally posted by Fedfan
        Most ppl get childish when they lose.
        Originally posted by GuTO
        refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

MAN!!!! Rautins is such a bad coach..... Our team looks so disorganized on the floor. Rautins is great at recruiting players for our team but is a horrible coach. I think Canada should employ a foreign (hopefully European) coach.

Comment

Originally posted by JGX
            Steve Nash...Denham Brown...Samuel Dalembert...Canada is starting to assemble a pretty nice team of players who won't play for Rautins
            Add Juan Mendez to that list, he lead the NCAA in scoring his senior year.

Comment

Hmmm... would love to see the details of what happened... all I can get is some quotes that refer to dedication and commitment...

Stuart
              http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
              http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
              http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Originally posted by ajaxballer
                Rautins is great at recruiting players for our team
                Players like Nash, Brown, and now Dalembert?

Originally posted by ajaxballer
                Add Juan Mendez to that list, he lead the NCAA in scoring his senior year.
                He was up there but I think Keydren Clark was the scoring leader that year. Did he walk out on the team too? I thought he was cut in favor of Brempong? Not a good move by Rautins either way.
                Originally posted by Fedfan
                Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                Originally posted by GuTO
                refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Save basketball, sack Rautins.

Comment

Rautins and Manolo are such a bad coach.
                    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Originally posted by JGX
                      Players like Nash, Brown, and now Dalembert?

He was up there but I think Keydren Clark was the scoring leader that year. Did he walk out on the team too? I thought he was cut in favor of Brempong? Not a good move by Rautins either way.
                      "was" great, Our teams have been deeper since he became coach. I don't think Dalembert would have played one game for us if Rautins didn't become coach.

On a side note, man Andy Rautins is such a waste of a roster spot.

Comment

Wow! It seems Rautins relationship with NBA players is just great

Comment

Sad news for the canadians, but I dont really like to see this "recruited foreigners" in the NTs.

Im OK If there is some kind of connection between the players and the country (like Francisco Elson and Netherlands) or the guy is playing in that country for years, but it´s hard to understand cases like Dalembert (maybe some canadian could explain me better the connection) and Chris Kaman.

BTW, It´s preety hard to a foreigner be naturalized brazilian, here. It´s very ironic, since nowdays we´re known as a country that usually send immigrators to entire world.

Comment

Originally posted by planaria
                            Sad news for the canadians, but I dont really like to see this "recruited foreigners" in the NTs.

Im OK If there is some kind of connection between the players and the country (like Francisco Elson and Netherlands) or the guy is playing in that country for years, but it´s hard to understand cases like Dalembert (maybe some canadian could explain me better the connection) and Chris Kaman.
                            As far as I know, his grandparents are germans, so IMO there is nothing wrong in that.
                            Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Comment

Originally posted by Z.A.L.I.A.
                              As far as I know, his grandparents are germans, so IMO there is nothing wrong in that.
                              Looks like It was his great grandparents.

If you think like that, almost every american (and not only US people) could play for a european team.

I could play for Italia NT, for example.

Still, I dont have any connection with the country were my great grandparents borned.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information