Joakim Noah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joakim Noah

(Originally posted by Ballstorm, 01-08-2006, 02:01 AM)

Ballstorm
    01-08-2006, 02:01 AM
    Joakim Noah, the son of former tennis star Yannick Noah (won roland garros in 1983 and was the last french to win it) is a sophome in florida and has been playing better than expected since the begining of the year . Noah is a tall (208 cm)and lanky PF/F with good overall athletic skills (his father was a great athlete and his granpa was a very good soccer player too) , but what makes him a special player is his attitude . Joakim is a winner with a great work ethic and eager to improve his game .

The florida gators have set a new record for the school winning the first 14 game of the season , while the team was absolutely not supposed to achieve such an outstanding start after the departure of forward david Lee (New york knicks) and antony roberson .

Noah's stats :
    12 pts 6 rbds 2 assists in 20 mn

in december :
    15.5 pts 7 rbds 2 assists 2.5 blk 1.3 stl

yesterday saturday 8 january agasint geogia :

24 pts (9/12 fg) 2 rbds 2 a 2 blk in 27 mn

"That's the thing about this team," Noah said. "Everybody scores pretty equally, and everybody gets after it defensively. We have so many
    weapons on this team. That makes it hard on the opponent. Who are you going to stop?"
    unfortunately for french , Noah was borned in NY city and does not have yet the french nationality . let's hope it will change quickly
    Last edited by stuart; 06-02-2006, 10:59 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
    http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
    http://www.interbasket.net

(continued from post above...)

wardjdim
    03-26-2006, 05:51 PM
    In the final tournament:

Vs South Alabama: 31 mins, 16 points, 6/9 shooting, 4/5 FTs, 8 rebs, 7 assists, 3 steals, 5 blocks, 3 tos

Vs Wisconsin Milwaukee: 32 mins, 17 points, 5/10 shooting, 7/9 FTs, 7 boards, 6 assists, 2 steals, 4 blocks, 1 to

Vs Georgetown: 35 mins, 15 pts, 6/13 FGs, 3/4 FTs, 10 rebs, 0 assists, 0 steals, 5 blocks, 3 tos

Vs Villanova: 36 mins, 21 pts, 4/8 FGs, 13/15 FTs, 15 rebs, 1 assist, 1 steal, 5 blocks, 3 tos

Average: 33.5 mpg, 17.3 ppg, 52.5% FG, 74% FT, 10.0 rpg, 4.0 apg, 1.5 spg, 4.8 bpg, 2.5 tpg.

Take out he has still a thin frame for an NBA PF and has not shot behind the arc yet, he is definitely NBA material. He can play both inside and outside, his ball handling skills are remarkable, he has a pure feeling for the game, is athletic, very very versatile, passes well and has an excellent basketball IQ. In defense, he is there when needed, displays his lack of physical strength with passion and explosiveness and has a splendid defensive timing for blocking. What a player!
    wardjdim
    03-26-2006, 05:53 PM
    Originally Posted by BallStorm
    unfortunately for french , Noah was borned in NY city and does not have yet the french nationality . let's hope it will change quickly
    If it doesnt change, then we will be missing too much for the rest 10 years in International competition. Go France, Go Florida, Go Joakim!
    L8DBACK
    03-27-2006, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by wardjdim
    If it doesnt change, then we will be missing too much for the rest 10 years in International competition. Go France, Go Florida, Go Joakim!
    He'll be playing for the NBA after graduation. Let's see now, Joakim selected for the USA NT for the 2010 WC.
    Last edited by stuart; 06-02-2006, 10:59 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
    http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
    http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Noah was definitely one of my favorite players to watch in NCAA. While I like the Bulls team and I like Noah, I'm not sure he is exactly what they need. They have other high-energy players and the really need a big man with a post game - which he doesn't really have (or a shot).

However, I hope he still blends well with the team (and they resign Nocioni), but they still need a post scorer (not Wallace, Thomas or Brown - if he stays).

I did kinda want Charlotte to draft him to see him and Adam Morrison on the same team (wild hair with two wild personalities).

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux

WTF.....
          "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
            WTF.....
            I thought the same at first, but then the guy with mic stepped aside and I realized that he's dancing
            The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by Czarkazem13
              Noah was definitely one of my favorite players to watch in NCAA. While I like the Bulls team and I like Noah, I'm not sure he is exactly what they need. They have other high-energy players and the really need a big man with a post game - which he doesn't really have (or a shot).
              After the Bulls drafted him, I think they just added another Tyrus Thomas on the team...

Comment

His energy and spunk is good, but I won't say nothing until I see his performance at the NBA level. It's not like he was racking up points at Florida. He made big plays that's what made him good. We'll see.
                "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

He is just really inconsistent. Every other Florida game I watched, he would disapear and get pushed around then he would do like one good play and start screaming at the top of his lungs and people would talk about his "passion". It's ridiculous. He's gonna be a good role player but to compare him to Camby or Wallace is a huge stretch.

He really never played a whole heck of alot of minutes at Florida and never was able to harness that energy over a big stretch of minutes. The positive for Noah is the team he is on. He is on a team that is one of the better teams on the East. He will be a solid contributor like Ty Thomas was last year, but Thomas will just be a better version of him. Noah has size over Thomas and thats it.

Comment

Noah's biggest problem is his lack of a jumper. At best he will become a good role player like Varejao. Can't wait to hear Bill Walton go nuts about the passion the kid has for the game though. That should be worth a laugh. Al Hortford and Corey Brewer will probably have better careers than Noah. It helps that he is on a good team in the east and isn't expected to carry the load.

Comment

A good role player at NBA level - will be surprised if he develops into anything more than that.

Comment

I love his energy of the court, be like Varujao but more agresive in offence, to bad in Bulls dont have more minuts.

Comment

if he only applied last 06 in the draft...

wherein he is the reigning final 4 mvp

- wrong move for him to stay another year at florida.. (junior season)
                          #parasabayan
                          #GoGilas

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information