Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roberto Carlos vs. France (need Spanish translation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roberto Carlos vs. France (need Spanish translation)

Hey,
    Though the following pics are self explanatory (showing the great part Roberto Carlos had in Brazil's loss against France), I'd still like a Spanish translation to what's written there.
    D.
    Attached Files

"...uh, is there anyone, like, cool in here?"

That's not Spanish, it's (Brazilian) Portuguese. I can translate it to you if you wish.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
      That's not Spanish, it's (Brazilian) Portuguese. I can translate it to you if you wish.
      Sorry - please do.
      D.

Comment

Very, very short translation: Roberto Carlos didnt cover King Henry XIV and he scored the winning goal against Brazil .

Brazils D was terrible-7 brazil defender were at the penalty area edge, and watching how Henry is scoring goal
        47-70
        76-58

Comment

Here's the translation (anti-clockwise):

1 - Eyes on the clock; Zidane preparing the ball; Henry moving to his position; Roberto Carlos resting.

2 - Eyes on the clock; the bloke prepares himself; look Henry coming; "jovem guarda" singer is still resting *.

3 - Eyes on the clock, 6 seconds already; "se dane" prepares himself **; take it easy, our friend needs a little bit more rest; Henry passed right in front of our singer friend.

4 - Eyes on the clock, time for decisons to be made; "se dane" running towards the ball for the freek kick; our friend is still in his typical resting position; Henry going unmarked.

5 - Time for Parreira to find what he was looking for; "se dane" just made the freek kick; Roberto "Mané" Carlos still thinking about his life; Henry, who doesn't need a rest, goes forward.

6 - Eyes on the clock; look at the ball moving; now he decides to get up; Henry at ease.

7 - Eyes on the ball; he just got up, cannot run yet (you know how age works don't you?...); "that one is mine!".

8 - It's explained, he just wanted to get the best position to watch the goal; here's where our friend should be if only he was playing: a 2-day-long walk (for his age...).

* Pun with the singer Roberto Carlos, who belonged to the Brazilian "jovem guarda" (young guard) musical movement in the 60s.

** Pun with Zidane ("se dane" = sod off)
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

roberto carlos teaches how to defend..

Comment

Thanks rikhardur! Suspected a pun when seeing the "se dane" phrase.
              This really supports the conspiracy theory about some Brazillian players selling the game.
              D.

Comment

Um. Brasil, R. Carlos including, were playing offside trap (and in fact an offside should've been called, same kind of offside when Italy scored their second goal in the final game, which didn't count...).
                Last edited by MC Plough; 07-10-2006, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Plough
                  Um. Brasil, R. Carlos including, were playing offside trap (and in fact an offside should've been called, same kind of offside when Italy scored their second goal in the final game, which didn't count...).
                  Check this and be quiet about offside trap.

Comment

Code:
                    http://www.manyrivers.org.uk/roberto.htm
                    Are these supposed to be different than the ones provided in 1st post?

As for "be quiet", do the same yourself, kid.

Comment

I read that Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo were spending more time at night clubs in Germany than practicing with the rest of the team. The brazilian coach was such a joke for letting those two guys do what they want.
                      http://basketballfuture.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don´t find very nice to put all the blame in Roberto Carlos. Personally, I doubt wether covering 6'3'' Thierry Henry is among 5'6'' Roberto Carlos duties...
                        Worldwide Poll

Comment

Originally posted by King Bowser Koopa
                          I don´t find very nice to put all the blame in Roberto Carlos. Personally, I doubt wether covering 6'3'' Thierry Henry is among 5'6'' Roberto Carlos duties...
                          I wasn't talking about this goal, I just read that a group of 5 players (Ze Roberto and Kaka among them) revealed that Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos were returning to the team's hotel in the morning after spending all night at nightclubs in Germany and the coach didn't do anything about it.
                          http://basketballfuture.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MC Plough
                            Code:
                            http://www.manyrivers.org.uk/roberto.htm
                            Are these supposed to be different than the ones provided in 1st post?

As for "be quiet", do the same yourself, kid.
                            If the guy is resting instead of playing in serious situation... what else can I say? ofcourse, Brazilians are so smart that they planned that Carlos will be resting in this situation.

There was supposed to be the offside trap, but Carlos wasn't playing it. Now take a chill pill.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information