PDA

View Full Version : Changes are needed in the Lebanese NT!

daniab
06-23-2008, 07:20 AM
It becomes obvious that our NT needs some new faces especially on the pos 4 and 5 where most of our players are undersized and not skilled four men except Brian Bchara.
I know that the situation in Lebanon couldnt help anyone to fix the mistakes and find solutions before the pre-olympics but i urge the federation to work from now for the asian tournament next year.

- Starting the league btw ( 1 oct-15 oct max) and the ending could be btw (1 may-15 may).

-Adding the twins Tabet and i'm sure they will help more than most of our PFs since they are tall and sizing player.

-I'm against naturalizing any player anymore,we have a lot a lot of players who are playing in USA,Australia,Brazil....and many of them are above 210cm.
The federation should work to get them back instead of naturalizing a player bcz we will not get any player like the spirit of Joe Vogel.I will mention the name of Julian Kharnouh (209-C-86) because hes young and tall and skilled player.

-Instead of naming some players to the NT without giving them any role like Sabah khoury and Mazen,i hope to see some young faces in the NT like Bassel Bawji and hayk gyokchyan just for the sake of our future.

-Choosing a young coach for the NT,hope to see Coach Elie Nasr because hes really a great great coach who can use every player in the right way.

If i forget anything,please put ur suggestions!

Khalid80
06-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Yo Daniab!
Our National Team needs new faces and a bigger rotation of players to depend on.
The team can't entirely depend on Khatib, Vogel, Fahed, Mahmoud and Bshara.
I mean if any of these guys get injured or in foul trouble then the team gets in serious trouble. You need to have a team rotation of all 12 players.

I'm also worried that the level of some players will not improve especially the young guys like Mazen Mneimneh. I don't want to see Mazen Mneimneh end up like Jihad El Murr (with all due respect to him). I remember that around 5 years ago people and analysts were saying that Jihad El Murr was going to be the next Fadi Khatib but because he wasn't given enough playing time and maybe because he didn't work hard enough and started becoming too arrogant he never was able to reach the best level of basketball.

As for naturalizing any new players, I also agree that we don't need to do this since there are better options.
I heard Vogel threatened to leave Lebanon and go back to the States when he heard that Vincent Jones might be his replacement.

daniab
06-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Couldnt agree more with u Khalid.
I think El khatib,Ali Mahmoud and Rony fahed are quite young to retire,Fadi el khatib should think more that theres no real replacement for him now in waiting the young prospects to show up like Bassel Bawji and Ahmad ibrahim.
Im completely against naturalizing any player whoever he is,we should start working on the young bases,maybe we will find someday a good local center like Rony Seikaly why not !

I'm afraid like you on Mazen,but he seems that he decided to leave Riyadi and this is the right decision.

Jalaa_Syria
06-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Lebanon must give chances for young players and make them ready to participate with the team but after pre olympic.

daniab
06-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Lebanon must give chances for young players and make them ready to participate with the team but after pre olympic.

Agreed.
Instead of putting the players on the bench without giving them any role,lets give the young players some chances to get some experience.

asapa11
07-08-2008, 09:26 PM
With Vogel out of the Lebanese NT for the Olympic Qualifying tournament. who will play as Lebanon's Centers? Of couse Roy Samaha will be the main center now, but who will back him up? Fakkheddrine 6'8"?

daniab
07-09-2008, 08:00 AM
You can say that Lebanon in the future will have 2 great tall players ;)
Charles and Philip tabet :D

Finallyyyyyyyy :D

Khalid80
07-09-2008, 08:02 AM
With Vogel out of the Lebanese NT for the Olympic Qualifying tournament. who will play as Lebanon's Centers? Of couse Roy Samaha will be the main center now, but who will back him up? Fakkheddrine 6'8"?

Yo Asapa11!
Yeah unfortunately in Lebanon we have a big problem concerning the center position especially now after Vogel's injury. Yeah Roy will be the 1st center now and Fakhreddine will be a back up (I think this roster will remain like this until the end of the pre-olympics in Athens. After that we have to try to find a true center who is originally Lebanese who could help the national team).

marko
07-09-2008, 08:27 AM
100% agreed on all the points

the federation should try to get players from outside with lebanese originis ..not nutralize players ...
freije - barbour - tabet twins - bawji - hayg -- and tens others r found , fortunately we know abt them due to daniab's effort in this forum

but i will add something i dunno if u agree

with these players we could still do some better results

but i think the problem is from 2 parts :

1- fatique , since the flb finished the champ very very very late ,

2- unfortunately coach fouad is doing a bad job , with the players we have we could still do better than these results

finally we can wish

1- the flb start a good job starting from this season , in terms of our nt

2- we dont get humiliated next week

daniab
07-10-2008, 06:37 AM
agreed with all of you guys,i just want to add the lebanese young generation who are really catching the eyes by the american scouts,especially and lately the young player Ahmad ibrahim (16years) who was recruited by one of the best high schools,
The lebanese basketball is graduating many great basketball players: Mustapha el akkari (NCAA div 1),Bassel bawji (NCAA div 1),Tarek ammoury (NCAA div 1),hayk gyokchyan,Ahmad ibrahim nd the list is so long.
We just need a safe situation to start fixing the mistakes.

Khalid80
07-10-2008, 07:15 AM
agreed with all of you guys,i just want to add the lebanese young generation who are really catching the eyes by the american scouts,especially and lately the young player Ahmad ibrahim (16years) who was recruited by one of the best high schools,
The lebanese basketball is graduating many great basketball players: Mustapha el akkari (NCAA div 1),Bassel bawji (NCAA div 1),Tarek ammoury (NCAA div 1),hayk gyokchyan,Ahmad ibrahim nd the list is so long.
We just need a safe situation to start fixing the mistakes.

The Lebanese National Team is currently passing through a slight transition period. We r currently at our worst case scenario (National Team without Vogel, and not prepared for the pre-Olympics)
If u guys remember in 2002 after the World Championships in Indianapolis we also had a similar situation but it was more serious.
We had guys who were going to retire or were getting quite old (Walid Domiaty, Yasser El Hage, Elie Mchantaf, Ghazi Boustani, George Chibani, Paul Khoury) so that's half the team.
Many fans were worried that there won't be another team that could help us to qualify again to the World Championships.
On the other hand he also had guys back then whom are the stars of the current team (Khatib, Fahed, Samaha).
So if u look at the current Lebanese team they are only 2 players whom are quite old and getting past their prime years whom we need to replace (Vogel and Bshara).
I think Khatib should stay for a few more years with the National Team until the young players (Bawji, Gyokchyan, Ibrahim, Akkari, and Ammouri) are ready to represent our senior National Team. We also have guys like the Tabet brothers, Tom Ammar, Matt Frieji, Antoine Barbour. All these guys are possible candidates for the National Team as well.
So no need to worry guys. Just hope that the situation of the country improves and we will have a great national team in the near future inshalla.

daniab
07-12-2008, 08:33 AM
The Lebanese National Team is currently passing through a slight transition period. We r currently at our worst case scenario (National Team without Vogel, and not prepared for the pre-Olympics)
If u guys remember in 2002 after the World Championships in Indianapolis we also had a similar situation but it was more serious.
We had guys who were going to retire or were getting quite old (Walid Domiaty, Yasser El Hage, Elie Mchantaf, Ghazi Boustani, George Chibani, Paul Khoury) so that's half the team.
Many fans were worried that there won't be another team that could help us to qualify again to the World Championships.
On the other hand he also had guys back then whom are the stars of the current team (Khatib, Fahed, Samaha).
So if u look at the current Lebanese team they are only 2 players whom are quite old and getting past their prime years whom we need to replace (Vogel and Bshara).
I think Khatib should stay for a few more years with the National Team until the young players (Bawji, Gyokchyan, Ibrahim, Akkari, and Ammouri) are ready to represent our senior National Team. We also have guys like the Tabet brothers, Tom Ammar, Matt Frieji, Antoine Barbour. All these guys are possible candidates for the National Team as well.
So no need to worry guys. Just hope that the situation of the country improves and we will have a great national team in the near future inshalla.
The tabet brothers seems to be very athletic,agressive,and talented as many are telling me.
Their heights will give our NT a good size,especially that Vogel is injured and i dont think he will have any future role with the NT anymore.And as i said lately am against naturalizing any player whoever he is.Vogel was really an exception,when u see him on the court,u feel hes a pure lebanese even hes naturalized.
We have now the twins tabet,and i gave many names who could replace vogel like Julian Kharnoukh,and many others.
As for the coming 4 years,Bassel bawji is a good candidate to be one of the best ever PF in Lebanon,hes very skilled player offensively and deffensively (12.3ppg and 10.8 rpg), kind of Brian Bchara but pure 4 while Brian is 2-3-4.
Ahmad ibrahim (196-G-92) is a project for a long term,hes training now in US along with many superstars,and i believe he will be one of the top players in lebanon in the future.
Tarek ammoury,i saw a small video about him.His body is really great,he can use it in every penetration in the right way.I hope the NCAA's games will improve Tarek.
Am sad that hayk gyokchyan couldnt get a scholarship for D1 college,and he might sign for a junior College (NJCAA) or staying in lebanon.Everything is relate to how Hayk will perform with the youth NT.
Mustapha el akkari,another white shooter ? :D kind of his brothers' shooting ability but much more skilled and taller.

daniab
07-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Won't talk just for talk but the game 2day was a big failure in all the history of our basketball,we have never lost by this big margin even against Argentina,and all the international teams that we played against.

We didnt loose bcz we are bad,simply we loose cz the centers of Greece were dominating everything,it isnt normal to see a 195cm defending a 210cm!

The federation should start planning for a new strategy,we need a pure shooting guards,and tall power forwards and Centers. We need them NOW!!!!
Stop postponing everything for God Sake! Some are still leaving on the acheivements that we made from 3 or 4 years,basketball is being a game of tall players and if we didnt do so we are going to loose by big margin against any tall and oversizing team,we need a new blood in our team,and players should be left the team.

At last,today i really think that Sabah khoury migh be easily the best PG in Lebanon.In 7 mins,he made 4 assists,he motivate the team,hes fast and his dribble is amazing.I hope Sabah will play from now on as a playmaker.

daniab
07-15-2008, 06:36 AM
The new strategy should be separate for 2 parts,the first is to get back our players abroad,adding them to the NT.Is it possible that Roy Samaha center made only 2 rebs in a whole game ? Brian Bchara,sometimes his mistakes are jokes,u think a kid is playing,fadi el khatib is the only one who could get fouls from the greek players but someone should tell el khatib that this Leb NT not El khatib's NT.and the second is to use the young players who are doing a good job.
Im getting mad from all the things around us,no work,no money,no peace no everything ,what a shit ! :mad:

"What we had built in years, our reputation, our pride, our world ranking collpased in one game.." ==> a lebanese guy said these words on other board and couldnt agree more with him.

Khalid80
07-15-2008, 06:40 AM
Won't talk just for talk but the game 2day was a big failure in all the history of our basketball,we have never lost by this big margin even against Argentina,and all the international teams that we played against.

We didnt loose bcz we are bad,simply we loose cz the centers of Greece were dominating everything,it isnt normal to see a 195cm defending a 210cm!

The federation should start planning for a new strategy,we need a pure shooting guards,and tall power forwards and Centers. We need them NOW!!!!
Stop postponing everything for God Sake! Some are still leaving on the acheivements that we made from 3 or 4 years,basketball is being a game of tall players and if we didnt do so we are going to loose by big margin against any tall and oversizing team,we need a new blood in our team,and players should be left the team.

At last,today i really think that Sabah khoury migh be easily the best PG in Lebanon.In 7 mins,he made 4 assists,he motivate the team,hes fast and his dribble is amazing.I hope Sabah will play from now on as a playmaker.

I have mentioned before that Lebanon right now is in the worst condition ever. No preparation for the tournament, no Vogel, no motivation. If we don't start preparing from now for next year's Asian Championship we won't get anywhere and our ranking will get much worse.

marc333
07-15-2008, 11:40 AM
I think that from the moment we knew that vogel wouldn't play lebanon NT had to withdraw from the tournament..I mean come on guys no team in the world can play without a center..I'm not at all surprised by the loss, it was logical, even if the margin was specially high this time. I think it could be a bit less if Paul Caughter was coaching the team for instance, or any other international coach. Fouad Abou Chakra is not used to play against international teams with such level. Anyway I hope it will be like a wake up call for the lebanese federation to act accordingly..but I not afraid for the future of the NT because we have young talents we can rely on..it's just a matter of time

daniab
07-15-2008, 12:03 PM
I think that from the moment we knew that vogel wouldn't play lebanon NT had to withdraw from the tournament..I mean come on guys no team in the world can play without a center..I'm not at all surprised by the loss, it was logical, even if the margin was specially high this time. I think it could be a bit less if Paul Caughter was coaching the team for instance, or any other international coach. Fouad Abou Chakra is not used to play against international teams with such level. Anyway I hope it will be like a wake up call for the lebanese federation to act accordingly..but I not afraid for the future of the NT because we have young talents we can rely on..it's just a matter of time

I was always for a lebanese to coach the NT,but lately i changed my opinion and i go for sure now for a coach like Paul Coughter,hes the only coach that have made from Lebanon a TEAM.
Im really sorry to see our team playing like this,i opened this thread from one month because i was sure that theres something wrong going on and we should fix it.
The loss yesterday was very normal,but the weird and the unexpected thing is to loose by this big margin.
The first thing is to evaluate our points of strength and points of weakness,and that latter can be resumed by 3 things,the tall guys,the shooters and the chemistry.
As Marc said,i hope the loss yesterday is a wake up call for the lebanese federation to start working soon.
We need players above 210,and if we couldnt do this,i expect a lot of failures in the future.Sorry to say that but this is the truth!

Khalid80
07-15-2008, 04:22 PM

I don't think we should blame coach Fouad. Even if u gave this current team to Paul Caughter or Paul Newman (Lebanese National Team coach in 2002) and u told them that u have less than 2 weeks to prepare for the pre-Olympics taking into consideration that the season had just finished and there were injuries on the team and Vogel gets injured then we would have ended up with the same result.
I think that there are many options that can be worked on for this team.
1) We can bring a junior team like what Iran did in 2007 and make long term (3-5 years) goals that need to be achieved.
2) We can replace the older players and bring some new young players on the team but keep the core players (ex. Fahed, Mahmoud).
3) We can start giving back the Lebanese nationality to good players of Lebanese origin.
The problem is that for all these options to work out u need money and a proper budget!
Do u guys know that the budget of the Greek team is $5 million for all the necessary preparation while our budget was less than $100,000!.
Look at how much the Iranian team is preparing for the Olympics. They have been travelling all over the world playing games with the best teams from Europe for over 1 month and now they're in the States to continue their preparation. All this requires time and money.
Last but not least we can keep talking and complaining as much as we want but if the Lebanese Basketball Federation doesn't want to do anything concerning this team then they are the ones to blame for the losses and not the players or coaching staff.

marc333
07-16-2008, 08:16 AM
a lebanese newspaper (assafir) said that coach abou chakra is going to remove 7 players from the NT, among them Fadi el Khatib and Brian Bechara!!!!! He also said that he was happy from the performance of the bench players, like sabah khoury, mazen mneinmeh and omar el turk.

what do you think of this decision guys?!?!?! I'm totally against fadi's retirement from the NT!!! for brian I'm not against, but fadi still has a lot to give! if he didn't play well in the last games, it's not a reason to punish him! specially that we don't have any player that could replace him so far!

daniab
07-16-2008, 08:53 AM
a lebanese newspaper (assafir) said that coach abou chakra is going to remove 7 players from the NT, among them Fadi el Khatib and Brian Bechara!!!!! He also said that he was happy from the performance of the bench players, like sabah khoury, mazen mneinmeh and omar el turk.

what do you think of this decision guys?!?!?! I'm totally against fadi's retirement from the NT!!! for brian I'm not against, but fadi still has a lot to give! if he didn't play well in the last games, it's not a reason to punish him! specially that we don't have any player that could replace him so far!

I'm against putting Fadi out of the roster,he still one of the best.But i agree completely on participating in King Abdullah tournament without El khatib since we need to know what kind of strong are our reserve players.Sabah and Mazen are one of them.
The big failure in the pre-olympics,had many reasons.The bad preparation,the absence of any tall players,no chemistry,no fighting spirit.I will not blame anyone for this loss,nor Fouad nor Fadi nor anyone,but this big losses shoudnt pass with no fixation.
How mazen and sabah played,cz i couldnt watch the game ?

nnt01
07-16-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm against putting Fadi out of the roster,he still one of the best.But i agree completely on participating in King Abdullah tournament without El khatib since we need to know what kind of strong are our reserve players.Sabah and Mazen are one of them.
The big failure in the pre-olympics,had many reasons.The bad preparation,the absence of any tall players,no chemistry,no fighting spirit.I will not blame anyone for this loss,nor Fouad nor Fadi nor anyone,but this big losses shoudnt pass with no fixation.
They were really good..Mazen got around 6 pts if am not wrong, he made lay ups..wasn't afraid of the tall players..

with sabah..u finally saw some passes and team work and 3 pts..also with omar

the team yesterday shot only from 3 pts...check the statistics!!

2pts: 9/24 37.5 %
3pts: 11/26 42.3%

marc333
07-16-2008, 09:12 AM

Mazen and Sabah only played the last 4 mins of the game, so it's hard to judge. But during their time of play, they showed great motivation and scored (el turk put 2 3pts I think, and sabah one 3pt, mazen scored while getting fouled..)
If Fadi didn't play well, it's also because he was injured! that's what he said after the game vs brazil (fiba website):

“We’ll be much better,” El Khatib said.

“I wasn’t even supposed to play because I’m injured but when Joe (Vogel) got hurt (in the preparations), the coach said I had to come.

“I’m not even in shape now. We definitely be better and qualify for the World Championship.”

btw, when will be held King Abdullah tournament?

daniab
07-16-2008, 09:14 AM
They were really good..Mazen got around 6 pts if am not wrong, he made lay ups..wasn't afraid of the tall players..

with sabah..u finally saw some passes and team work and 3 pts..also with omar

the team yesterday shot only from 3 pts...check the statistics!!

2pts: 9/24 37.5 %
3pts: 11/26 42.3%

Nice to know that Mazen could play,I have always said that Mazen is much more talented than el khatib and im sure about that.Mazen really jumps a lot,his handle the ball is pretty good.But he should get more time to proove,about sabah i hope in the future he plays at pos 1,he showed a great passing skills.Rony fahed is the only experienced player being confident and showing a huge fighting spirit.
Im sad but optimistic,maybe this tournament will form kind of wake cup call for all to start a new plan and strategy.

nnt01
07-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Mazen and Sabah only played the last 4 mins of the game, so it's hard to judge. But during their time of play, they showed great motivation and scored (el turk put 2 3pts I think, and sabah one 3pt, mazen scored while getting fouled..)
If Fadi didn't play well, it's also because he was injured! that's what he said after the game vs brazil (fiba website):

“We’ll be much better,” El Khatib said.

“I wasn’t even supposed to play because I’m injured but when Joe (Vogel) got hurt (in the preparations), the coach said I had to come.

“I’m not even in shape now. We definitely be better and qualify for the World Championship.”

btw, when will be held King Abdullah tournament?

25-31 July

Group A: Jordan, Egypt, Syria, and Morocco
Group B: Lebanon, Tunisia, Qatar, Cyprus, and Kuwait

daniab
07-16-2008, 09:16 AM

hes going to play in the asian championship next year ? Another flip flop from El khatib ?!:D

Khalid80
07-16-2008, 09:18 AM

Yo Marc333!
Khatib is probably the best Lebanese player ever to play the game (not including Rony Seikaly).
But Fadi needs to know that he has to play with his teammates. There is no "I" on a team.
Unfortunately the Lebanese National Team has depended so much on Khatib and Vogel over the last few years and that is why if any one of them is not available then we get screwed.
Now is the time to build a team of 12 players where each player will have a certain role on the team. We have alot of amazing young talented players who should be given the chance to represent Lebanon.
Anyways Khatib has previously indicated that he wants to retire from the team and for example yesterday against Brazil, after Fadi went to the bench the Lebanese team actually played better because they were giving the ball to the player who had an open shot and they were giving more passes.

In my opinion Khatib has been playing with the National Team for more than 10 years. I think he had his fair share of glory and he has reached his peak. If he changes his attitude and the way he plays to help his team mates then we should keep him. If he wants to play as if he is the NT by himself then don't bring him back.

marc333
07-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Yo Marc333!
Khatib is probably the best Lebanese player ever to play the game (not including Rony Seikaly).
But Fadi needs to know that he has to play with his teammates. There is no "I" on a team.
Unfortunately the Lebanese National Team has depended so much on Khatib and Vogel over the last few years and that is why if any one of them is not available then we get screwed.
Now is the time to build a team of 12 players where each player will have a certain role on the team. We have alot of amazing young talented players who should be given the chance to represent Lebanon.
Anyways Khatib has previously indicated that he wants to retire from the team and for example yesterday against Brazil, after Fadi went to the bench the Lebanese team actually played better because they were giving the ball to the player who had an open shot and they were giving more passes.

In my opinion Khatib has been playing with the National Team for more than 10 years. I think he had his fair share of glory and he has reached his peak. If he changes his attitude and the way he plays to help his team mates then we should keep him. If he wants to play as if he is the NT by himself then don't bring him back.

I totally agree with u for the fact that Fadi must be less selfish..but this is the role of the coach to oblige him to do so!!! and don't forget that Fadi was injured, that's why he didn't play well at all. I don't think that Mazen is ready to replace him as a role of SG/SF and leader, because I think that the team definitely needs a leader like Khatib. So who do you think can be the new leader?

Khalid80
07-16-2008, 09:50 AM
I totally agree with u for the fact that Fadi must be less selfish..but this is the role of the coach to oblige him to do so!!! and don't forget that Fadi was injured, that's why he didn't play well at all. I don't think that Mazen is ready to replace him as a role of SG/SF and leader, because I think that the team definitely needs a leader like Khatib. So who do you think can be the new leader?

Fadi's injury wasn't serious. If he really wanted to play then he could have continued. I think he was exaggerating so that there would be an excuse for the huge loss.
As for the next leader of the National team i personally think that Rony Fahed deserves this role. Don't forget that it was Rony Fahed who helped us twice once against Korea (in 2001) and the other time against Qatar (2005) to reach the Finals of the Asian Championship and qualify to the World Championships.

marc333
07-16-2008, 10:04 AM
anyway, let's wait for King Abduallah tournament to see what will be the coach's new strategy, as well as the new 7 players..and as daniab said, it will be a test to see how the NT will play without khatib...

daniab
07-16-2008, 10:11 AM
anyway, let's wait for King Abduallah tournament to see what will be the coach's new strategy, as well as the new 7 players..and as daniab said, it will be a test to see how the NT will play without khatib...

I'd like to see Rodrigue akl,Elie Estephan,Mazen mneimneh,nadim souaid,patrick bou abboud,Yehya Sabra,Miguel Martinez,Moe hamdar.....
If we are going to will untill the last breath of each player,we will kill any new descent player.
the future of our basketball is really bright if we know how we use it,but the dangerous thing is that all the talents are leaving Lebanon due for the bad situation, many players were not improving and because theres no interest to follow them,they are seeing the interest from US is much more so they are leaving.

Khalid80
07-16-2008, 11:40 AM
I'd like to see Rodrigue akl,Elie Estephan,Mazen mneimneh,nadim souaid,patrick bou abboud,Yehya Sabra,Miguel Martinez,Moe hamdar.....
If we are going to will untill the last breath of each player,we will kill any new descent player.
the future of our basketball is really bright if we know how we use it,but the dangerous thing is that all the talents are leaving Lebanon due for the bad situation, many players were not improving and because theres no interest to follow them,they are seeing the interest from US is much more so they are leaving.

I am with our players leaving abroad if they are going to good level of high schools and universities (NCAA Division I) but if they are leaving to play for any team then this is not good and it doesn't mean that they will be better than the players here.

daniab
07-16-2008, 11:50 AM

I disagree here.
Mazen could be easily a leader not surely now but in 2-3 years,he lacks experience,he lacks enough time to play but he has enough skills to play and to be given an essentiel role.
Mazen with the Leb U18 averaged around 25 ppg and he was a great leader,i hope he just move from Riyadi,to any team he can get enough time to shine.

nnt01
07-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Aliwaa Newspaper mentioned today, that Fadi will officially anounce his retirement from playing at the international level in the coming few days. They also mentioned that other sources also confirmed that several other stars will follow in Fadi's footsteps, claiming that they will not accept to be blamed by the federation for what happened and all this was the federation's fault.

Khalid80
07-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Aliwaa Newspaper mentioned today, that Fadi will officially anounce his retirement from playing at the international level in the coming few days. They also mentioned that other sources also confirmed that several other stars will follow in Fadi's footsteps, claiming that they will not accept to be blamed by the federation for what happened and all this was the federation's fault.

U can't totally blame all the players on the NT. Some players gave it all they have while others played like they didn't care (in my opinion these players are Bshara, Khatib, and Samaha).
As for the Federation they are completely at fault since they knew from last year that Lebanon will be playing in the pre-Olympics and the schedule that they prepared for the NT was nothing worth mentioning (10 days of preparation in 2 tournaments is nothing for such an event).

daniab
07-18-2008, 07:16 AM
My hope now is our youth team to make us proud.If fadi el khatib wants to retire then let him do what he wants,we dont care anymore.
We must build a new team,new strategy and new mentality that give every player his role.

daniab
07-19-2008, 08:36 AM
According to Some friends,the 7 players that will join the team are Miguel Martinez(19years),rodrigue akl (19years),Nadim souaid(21years),elie estephan(21years),moe hamdar (20 years),and maybe yehya sabra(22years).

and maybe ramy akiki and anis fghali could be from the list.

who do you think are the 7 players that will leave ? till now we know fadi and briian.

Khalid80
07-19-2008, 09:17 AM
According to Some friends,the 7 players that will join the team are Miguel Martinez(19years),rodrigue akl (19years),Nadim souaid(21years),elie estephan(21years),moe hamdar (20 years),and maybe yehya sabra(22years).

and maybe ramy akiki and anis fghali could be from the list.

who do you think are the 7 players that will leave ? till now we know fadi and briian.

These young players have played well last season and I think that they do deserve a chance with the NT.
The 7 players that I think will leave are as follows:
1) Fadi Khatib
2) Brian Bshara
3) Jean Abdel Nour
4) Bassem Balaa
5) Ali Fakhreddine
6) Sabah Khoury
7) Omar El Turk

(So the only players remaining would be Mazen Mneimneh, Rony Fahed, Ali Mahmoud, Hussein Tawbe, and Roy Samaha)

I was going to include Roy Samaha to the list of players leaving but after looking at the list of new players I realized that there is no center other than Hamdar and we still need Roy on the team if Vogel will not return to the NT as is most likely.

bobo81
07-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Its good to see Leb team start giving the young kids a chance because they are the future. Lebanon should have no problem finding young talent compared to the rest of the Middle East, even all of North Africa.

Khalid80
07-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Its good to see Leb team start giving the young kids a chance because they are the future. Lebanon should have no problem finding young talent compared to the rest of the Middle East, even all of North Africa.

Yo Bobo81!
Yeah we have some great young talent (There are a few Lebanese kids that got recruited with NCAA Division I teams (some names include Bassel Bawji, Moustafa Akkari, and Tarek Ammoury) so that's great news)). The thing is that it will take some time for the Lebanese NT to get back on track and be ready.

daniab
07-20-2008, 01:11 PM
These young players have played well last season and I think that they do deserve a chance with the NT.
The 7 players that I think will leave are as follows:
1) Fadi Khatib
2) Brian Bshara
3) Jean Abdel Nour
4) Bassem Balaa
5) Ali Fakhreddine
6) Sabah Khoury
7) Omar El Turk

Sabah khoury is staying,ali mahmoud is gonna leave because he seems to be not in the mood.
This roster (fahed-estephan-mazen-hamdar-roy samaha) is good to watch.Some experienced with young talent players,it will give some confidence for the young players.

Charbel Sakr
07-22-2008, 10:09 PM
It becomes obvious that our NT needs some new faces especially on the pos 4 and 5 where most of our players are undersized and not skilled four men except Brian Bchara.
I know that the situation in Lebanon couldnt help anyone to fix the mistakes and find solutions before the pre-olympics but i urge the federation to work from now for the asian tournament next year.

- Starting the league btw ( 1 oct-15 oct max) and the ending could be btw (1 may-15 may).

-Adding the twins Tabet and i'm sure they will help more than most of our PFs since they are tall and sizing player.

-I'm against naturalizing any player anymore,we have a lot a lot of players who are playing in USA,Australia,Brazil....and many of them are above 210cm.
The federation should work to get them back instead of naturalizing a player bcz we will not get any player like the spirit of Joe Vogel.I will mention the name of Julian Kharnouh (209-C-86) because hes young and tall and skilled player.

-Instead of naming some players to the NT without giving them any role like Sabah khoury and Mazen,i hope to see some young faces in the NT like Bassel Bawji and hayk gyokchyan just for the sake of our future.

-Choosing a young coach for the NT,hope to see Coach Elie Nasr because hes really a great great coach who can use every player in the right way.

If i forget anything,please put ur suggestions!

we definitely need changes:

-we should name a European coach since every local coach is choosing his own club's players over others.

-adding new players should have happened this summer, we knew we had no chance whatsoever in this pre-olympics
why didn't we use this tournament and the prepartory games leading to it to prepare and train a team with 5-6 new players like fa7es, ozeir, hamdar....

-we SHOULD neutralize a player, FIBA gives us that right and we have a big disadvantage at the height and level of players at the 4,5 spots, so why not neutralize a 7 footer like Ronald Alexander

- i agree abt when the league should start and end but i think we should apply some kind of salary cap to increase the competitveness of the league

daniab
08-06-2008, 08:33 AM
So now Fouad abou chakra is out of the lebanese staff ?? what do you think ?
for me i would choose tony vujanic or Ghassan sarkis or Elie Nasr.

Khalid80
08-06-2008, 08:58 AM

I personally would prefer a foreign coach with the NT (I believe Paul Caughter was the best coach ever in Lebanon) because having a Lebanese coach from a specific team will cause problems between the players and the coach especially if the coach has a preference for some specific players over others.
Vujanic knows the players and the Lebanese league really well (I think he's been in Lebanon for 5 years now) and what he has done with Moutahed is impressive. The guy is a hard worker and I think he can develop a proper plan for the NT over the next few years.

daniab
08-06-2008, 09:04 AM
I personally would prefer a foreign coach with the NT (I believe Paul Caughter was the best coach ever in Lebanon) because having a Lebanese coach from a specific team will cause problems between the players and the coach especially if the coach has a preference for some specific players over others.
Vujanic knows the players and the Lebanese league really well (I think he's been in Lebanon for 5 years now) and what he has done with Moutahed is impressive. The guy is a hard worker and I think he can develop a proper plan for the NT over the next few years.
yes thats right.
Honestly,now im 100% for a foreign coach.
theres many players who arent given their chance like Mazen,ramy,and many others.
I hope the federation now is working on getting back some lebanese abroads instead of fighting for the coming election.

Charbel Sakr
08-06-2008, 10:01 AM

we definitely should get a foreigner to coach the team

I personally prefer Elias zuoros

daniab
08-08-2008, 11:37 AM
we definitely should get a foreigner to coach the team

I personally prefer Elias zuoros

why i would choose a sick man to coach the NT ?
I prefer a cool one like Tony Vujanic who knows the players really well and i believe he will pick the best.
His acheivements in Lebanon are being so far the best in the last few years.
Ghassan Sarkis is an another option if he would be objective in choosing the players.

Charbel Sakr
08-08-2008, 11:44 AM
why i would choose a sick man to coach the NT ?
I prefer a cool one like Tony Vujanic who knows the players really well and i believe he will pick the best.
His acheivements in Lebanon are being so far the best in the last few years.
Ghassan Sarkis is an another option if he would be objective in choosing the players.

sick man?????? u gotta be kidding, zuoros is 1 of the best who coached in lebanon

daniab
08-08-2008, 11:47 AM
sick man?????? u gotta be kidding, zuoros is 1 of the best who coached in lebanon

Well for ur infos,this year Elias Zouros with his team paris levallois dropped to 2nd division with a very bad performance.
so how i would choose a coach and he just end a big failure during a season ?

Charbel Sakr
08-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Well for ur infos,this year Elias Zouros with his team paris levallois dropped to 2nd division with a very bad performance.

Last time i checked a coach need good players to win
in 05, lakers didnt make the playoffs, coach: rudy tomjanovich, a very good coach who won 2 nba titles 94 and 95 and he once said :" don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion" (famous quote)
dos that meean he is a bad coach? no, simply the lakers sucked that season although they had kobe.

Charbel Sakr
08-08-2008, 11:55 AM

plus im not saying zuorous or no 1 else
i just want a euro coach (dragan was good)
i dont want a lebanese coach who favors his players over any other

btw, y where u calling zuoros a "sick man"? doesnt make sense

daniab
08-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Last time i checked a coach need good players to win
in 05, lakers didnt make the playoffs, coach: rudy tomjanovich, a very good coach who won 2 nba titles 94 and 95 and he once said :" don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion" (famous quote)
dos that meean he is a bad coach? no, simply the lakers sucked that season although they had kobe.

i didnt say Zouros is bad.
I mean zouros' way in coaching is very harsh,kind of military one.
and this makes always problems inside the team.
Back to zouros with sagesse when i used to hear always about problems btw the players and the coach and it was always solved by Pr choueiri.
for me,i prefer a cool coach who can lead the team with open heart,talking to players and understand their situations.

daniab
08-08-2008, 12:02 PM
btw, y where u calling zuoros a "sick man"? doesnt make sense

it doesnt make sense for you,but for me zouros is not preferable.
thats it,everyone have his own view.

Charbel Sakr
08-08-2008, 12:04 PM
it doesnt make sense for you,but for me zouros is not preferable.
thats it,everyone have his own view.

not preferable? ok but u cant call him sick

daniab
08-08-2008, 12:06 PM
not preferable? ok but u cant call him sick

yes sick.
his way in dealing with the players is sick.
what i can do ? you can ask Charles Bardawil.

Charbel Sakr
08-08-2008, 12:06 PM
i didnt say Zouros is bad.
I mean zouros' way in coaching is very harsh,kind of military one.
and this makes always problems inside the team.
Back to zouros with sagesse when i used to hear always about problems btw the players and the coach and it was always solved by Pr choueiri.
for me,i prefer a cool coach who can lead the team with open heart,talking to players and understand their situations.

well 1st of all, u cant believe every single rumor

2nd of all, every coach has his way of coaching, u cant judge him by his way, u judge him on the results based on the pool of talent he has at his hands.

Btw, have u ever heard of coach ken carter (coach carter the movie?) he;s way isnt different from zuoros but he was successful and thats what matters in basketball

Charbel Sakr
08-08-2008, 12:07 PM
yes sick.
his way in dealing with the players is sick.
what i can do ? you can ask Charles Bardawil.

hahahhaha whatever dude :cool:

daniab
08-08-2008, 12:14 PM
John newman and zouros are in the boat.
you can ask how the players were suffering with both coaches.
if zouros was picked,i wouldnt be sad.But i mean i dont prefer him.
I used to like Paul Coughter,Tony Vujanic,Dragan Ratza is not a bad option if he would use the strength of all the players not depending on 1 or 2.

Charbel Sakr
08-08-2008, 12:16 PM
John newman and zouros are in the boat.
you can ask how the players were suffering with both coaches.
if zouros was picked,i wouldnt be sad.But i mean i dont prefer him.
I used to like Paul Coughter,Tony Vujanic,Dragan Ratza is not a bad option if he would use the strength of all the players not depending on 1 or 2.

everyone has his preference thats normal
but what do u mean with ur first sentence??

daniab
08-08-2008, 12:55 PM
everyone has his preference thats normal
but what do u mean with ur first sentence??
sorry i mean in the same boat :D

daniab
08-22-2008, 12:41 AM
the federation is searching for a foreign coach at least for 2 years contract,according to ghayath dibra.

Khalid80
08-22-2008, 10:15 AM
the federation is searching for a foreign coach at least for 2 years contract,according to ghayath dibra.

Any names of possible candidates?

dreamwalker
08-22-2008, 10:55 AM

Wonder if your basketball federation will seriously consider a Lithuanian basketball head coach ?

For me, Lithuanians play a very physical game and shoots a lot of 3-pointers. If Lebanon plays this kind of game, I think you're going to have a new kind of ball game - the european brand.

Even China's towering centre Yao Ming Wednesday urged Lithuanian Jonas Kazlauskas to stay on as national team coach, despite their failure to fulfill their Olympic Games basketball goal. He made China looked like a new rising world basketball power despite their failure. I feel so sorry when they vowed to Spain.

Yao knows how good Kazlauskas is. Lebanon could do the same finding a Lithuanian for a head coach.

If Ramūnas Butautas is unavailable you can get his assistant Valdemaras Chomičius just a suggestion though.

daniab
08-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Any names of possible candidates?

this is copy/paste directly from ghayath :

"i adore coughter and dragan but they have a work now,they called both!!!!!!!!!
but sure a new foreign coach will take our nat team soonnnnnnnn"

Charbel Sakr
08-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Wonder if your basketball federation will seriously consider a Lithuanian basketball head coach ?

For me, Lithuanians play a very physical game and shoots a lot of 3-pointers. If Lebanon plays this kind of game, I think you're going to have a new kind of ball game - the european brand.

Even China's towering centre Yao Ming Wednesday urged Lithuanian Jonas Kazlauskas to stay on as national team coach, despite their failure to fulfill their Olympic Games basketball goal. He made China looked like a new rising world basketball power despite their failure. I feel so sorry when they vowed to Spain.

Yao knows how good Kazlauskas is. Lebanon could do the same finding a Lithuanian for a head coach.

If Ramūnas Butautas is unavailable you can get his assistant Valdemaras Chomičius just a suggestion though.

I wish man. But do you think that our federation has the brains or money to think of something like this? NO :mad:

zouz
08-22-2008, 12:02 PM
i agree with dreamwalker...we always had serbian and american coaches...i believe a lituanian coach will be a very good idea...if not i'm rooting for moutahed coach vujanic...but we need to sign a long term contract...not 1 or 2 years...i mean look at all national teams...they have a coach for at least 3 to 4 years...look at jordan...even though they didn't succeed in asia they still have faith in their coach mario palma...we need to build our nt from scratch and it needs time...maybe the first 2 years we won't get results but after that the hard work will be awarded

dreamwalker
08-24-2008, 07:45 AM
i agree with dreamwalker...we always had serbian and american coaches...i believe a lituanian coach will be a very good idea...if not i'm rooting for moutahed coach vujanic...but we need to sign a long term contract...not 1 or 2 years...i mean look at all national teams...they have a coach for at least 3 to 4 years...look at jordan...even though they didn't succeed in asia they still have faith in their coach mario palma...we need to build our nt from scratch and it needs time...maybe the first 2 years we won't get results but after that the hard work will be awarded

Precisely, Lebanon needs change and to my understanding you have recruited a lot of foreign based Lebanese from all over the globe, young tall and very talented. I agree on what you said that your national needs to build from scratch, sadly your team didn't do well in the olympic qualifier in Greece - you guys need change.

If you've been watching the olympic basketball games, most countries are fairly good in 3-point shots, China is tall and they're getting better shooting from a far much like a european brand of a game.

I want to see a tall young Lebanon play a european brand of basketball in the future.

daniab
08-24-2008, 12:46 PM
dreamwalker,im not worried about our future since i believe we have many young prospects and they are really good.
Our worry is now,this year next year.WE have a big lack in the tall players.If we can get 2 or 3 lebanese abroad above 205cm,i believe we can make a very good results.
Lebanon is small country,we lived these years a terrible situation which didnt help us to continue our improvement.
I hope we can bring a good coach and some lebanese abroads.

dreamwalker
08-26-2008, 02:13 PM
dreamwalker,im not worried about our future since i believe we have many young prospects and they are really good.
Our worry is now,this year next year.WE have a big lack in the tall players.If we can get 2 or 3 lebanese abroad above 205cm,i believe we can make a very good results.
Lebanon is small country,we lived these years a terrible situation which didnt help us to continue our improvement.
I hope we can bring a good coach and some lebanese abroads.

As I recall a few months back you mentioned in one of your posts that at least 20 or something Lebanese players living abroad standing 210 cms. are in your national pool. With your pronouncements, I honestly believe Lebanon has a great future in basketball.

I am very much aware my friend about your terrible situation in your country but I admire your people's resiliency to survive the worst of times. Lebanon is always a survivor.

As the thread title suggest, hiring a good foreign coach is a good idea to introduce something different, a new basketball philosophy that would make use of your best basketball talents and available resources. Similarly, the Philippines (where I trace my ancesstry) is doing the same thing and is seriously considering hiring a foreign coach that could help out in their quest to qualify for the 2012 London olympic games.

Hiring a good foreign basketball coach is a very good option. China did good in their own turf hosting the summer olympic games with a foreign coach and they performed extremely well. We need to follow the same path.

daniab
08-26-2008, 02:58 PM
As I recall a few months back you mentioned in one of your posts that at least 20 or something Lebanese players living abroad standing 210 cms. are in your national pool. With your pronouncements, I honestly believe Lebanon has a great future in basketball.

yes and today the president of the federation said that the NT needs some tall players,and the federation is working on this step.
hope its the truth.

Charbel Sakr
08-26-2008, 05:49 PM

20 players? hehe man thats bullshit rumors. dont ever believe such a thing.

Every federation says we are getting this and that and then........ nothing happens
big fat liars, in sick of them :mad:

dreamwalker
08-27-2008, 01:13 PM
If only all basketball federations of other countries having problems with their height especially the no. 5 position or whatever positions that will better serve one's national team to give them at least a fighting chance to file a petition or appeal to FIBA allowing at least two naturalized players to play for a national team.

In the 1980's the Philippines used two naturalized players to capture the then known Asian Basketball Confederation (ABC) Championship. Wonder what happened and had it changed to just one naturalized player for one national team. Anybody knows why ?

Similarly, the Philippines and Lebanon have the same problem with height. Just imagine if we have two tall naturalized centers playing for our national teams. China's weakness is their point guard position, they can at least acquire or naturalized a player to compensate and make them stronger. But I doubt they would entertain such a thought.

Don't you think a maximum of two naturalized players would be good enough to at least balance the playing field ?

Your comments please, thank you.

daniab
08-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Don't you think a maximum of two naturalized players would be good enough to at least balance the playing field ?

Two naturalized players wouldnt be good enough just to balance the playing field,but it will good enough to beat China.
I dont see china better than others except in pos 4-5,and time is proving that.
As for Lebanon,we need two things:
1-2 or 3 players above 210cm
2- a good preparations for the asian championship.

If we could make these two options,im sure we have the ability to beat China with or without Yao.

eagleaqua
08-28-2008, 12:02 PM
What about ron alexandre, will he be naturalized or is it just rumour?

Lebanon
08-28-2008, 04:08 PM
What about ron alexandre, will he be naturalized or is it just rumour?

Now Ron Alexander is like Joe Vogel???

We need a good player not the center of the worst team in Lebanon.

Micah Brand for example is much better than Ron Alexander but I am sure we can find someone who is even better!
________
Rd350 (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_RD350)

daniab
08-28-2008, 04:32 PM

Micah Brand for example is much better than Ron Alexander but I am sure we can find someone who is even better!

indeed.
I prefer to see another type of Joe Vogel but much better inside.Vogel's negative point is that he always try to get his points from outside instead of playing his game (the inside).And when he plays inside,he was showing a great finish.

Charbel Sakr
08-28-2008, 05:49 PM

RON alexander is bad bcoz he plays on a bad team????

so dwayne wade is bad too

i prefer ron over micah, ron is a better defenderm rebounder and blockshoter and plays more inside on the offense, thats exactly what we need.

btw, u must ave noticed the inconsistency in micah's performance this yr thats due to his drinking problems.

btw im a sagesse fan and i like micah too, but ron is better overall and a better fit for us, he's younger too

dreamwalker
08-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Two naturalized players wouldnt be good enough just to balance the playing field,but it will good enough to beat China.
I dont see china better than others except in pos 4-5,and time is proving that.
As for Lebanon,we need two things:
1-2 or 3 players above 210cm
2- a good preparations for the asian championship.

If we could make these two options,im sure we have the ability to beat China with or without Yao.

Well, if two naturalized players be included is good enough to beat China which now belongs to the top 10 basketball playing nations of the world that is good enough for me.

Right now, Noli Eala, the executive director for Philippine basketball plans to recruit a foreign coach and a naturalized player for the long-term development of the national team with the goal of being competitive at the regional level starting in the 2010 Asian Games. In the short term, players from the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) will represent the country in next year’s FIBA-Asia tournament, which is the qualifier for the World Championships in Turkey in 2010.

Candidates for foreign coach include Vlade Djurovic of Serbia, Bernardo Murphy of Argentina, Alan Richardson of England and Jonas Kazlauskas of Lithuania. Kazlauskas’ contract to coach the Chinese national team is reportedly expiring or will not be renewed.

We all know that FIBA allows a country to draft one naturalized player. At the recent Olympics, Russia suited up two naturalized players from the US - J. R. Holden for the men’s team and Becky Hammon for the women’s team. Players with dual citizenship because of lineage are not considered naturalized. A potential naturalized player for the Philippines is San Beda’s Sam Ekwe, a Nigerian native which is too short of a center based on international standard, he only stands 203 cms. which doesn't make sense to me as the Philippines is relatively a short team. There's also an existing rumor of a 210 cms. tall foreigner with a good perimeter shooting and will also be playing for San Beda College soon. I am still waiting for any updates on this in the Philippine thread whether it is true or not.

As for Lebanon, I think your national team is much taller and have a greater pool of foreign trained/based players which would work in your favor. Right now, the Philippines is planning to conduct tryouts for Filipino-foreigners (foreigners with Filipino lineage) mostly based in the US west coast to strenghten the national team. Two notables players who are now playing in the Philippines are Gabe Norwood And Jared Dilinger with impressive credentials and hopefully there are more to come.

The Philippines is dead serious in its ambitious plan to qualify for the olympics and that is a very good thing.

Charbel Sakr
08-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Well, if two naturalized players be included is good enough to beat China which now belongs to the top 10 basketball playing nations of the world that is good enough for me.

Right now, Noli Eala, the executive director for Philippine basketball plans to recruit a foreign coach and a naturalized player for the long-term development of the national team with the goal of being competitive at the regional level starting in the 2010 Asian Games. In the short term, players from the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) will represent the country in next year’s FIBA-Asia tournament, which is the qualifier for the World Championships in Turkey in 2010.

Candidates for foreign coach include Vlade Djurovic of Serbia, Bernardo Murphy of Argentina, Alan Richardson of England and Jonas Kazlauskas of Lithuania. Kazlauskas’ contract to coach the Chinese national team is reportedly expiring or will not be renewed.

We all know that FIBA allows a country to draft one naturalized player. At the recent Olympics, Russia suited up two naturalized players from the US - J. R. Holden for the men’s team and Becky Hammon for the women’s team. Players with dual citizenship because of lineage are not considered naturalized. A potential naturalized player for the Philippines is San Beda’s Sam Ekwe, a Nigerian native which is too short of a center based on international standard, he only stands 203 cms. which doesn't make sense to me as the Philippines is relatively a short team. There's also an existing rumor of a 210 cms. tall foreigner with a good perimeter shooting and will also be playing for San Beda College soon. I am still waiting for any updates on this in the Philippine thread whether it is true or not.

As for Lebanon, I think your national team is much taller and have a greater pool of foreign trained/based players which would work in your favor. Right now, the Philippines is planning to conduct tryouts for Filipino-foreigners (foreigners with Filipino lineage) mostly based in the US west coast to strenghten the national team. Two notables players who are now playing in the Philippines are Gabe Norwood And Jared Dilinger with impressive credentials and hopefully there are more to come.

The Philippines is dead serious in its ambitions plan to qualify for the olympics and that is a very good thing.

thats what we lack long-term planing :mad:

daniab
09-03-2008, 03:40 PM
i think and after the asian championship for U18,our future looks bright.
We have some new stars we can rely on them in the near future.

-In these 3-4years,(Bassel bawji,mustapha el akkari,tarek ammoury) will be able to play for the senior team ! all these three are been playing in the NCAA and NJCAA so they will have for sure at least the same or better performance than the players we have as Sabah/Brian/Jean abdelnour....

-For the long term (i mean 4-5 years),Ahmad ibrahim can be the new leader of our NT.He showed an incredible leadership in the age of 16 !!! its not easy for a player only 16 years to lead a NT.

-I just hope that someone can convince Vincent khoury to stay in the game cz he's really good !

daniab
09-04-2008, 10:57 PM
ghayath dibra on facebook :

hello guys ,yes elie haber need a lot of works in all sides,but we must do,and abt coach for national team i agree we need a foreign coach but sure not anyone,and in few days the federatian must annonce the new coach!!!!!!!!!!!!

daniab
09-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Tiago Makhluf (210-C-87) is the first tall player from lebanese ancestry to join our league,he has signed with Riyadi.His Grandpa is lebanese!

finally a lebanese who is 210 tall !!!!!

rtk04
09-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Tiago Makhluf (210-C-87) is the first tall player from lebanese ancestry to join our league,he has signed with Riyadi.His Grandpa is lebanese!

finally a lebanese who is 210 tall !!!!!

great news...now maybe if we go with vogel and tiago in the next asian fiba championship...we have a better chance in winning it:P

daniab
09-15-2008, 09:16 AM
great news...now maybe if we go with vogel and tiago in the next asian fiba championship...we have a better chance in winning it:P

No way for Vogel to play again with the NT,the federation is looking to nationalize another center !

rtk04
09-15-2008, 09:22 AM
dani...,vogel is now lebanese for about 10 years...so he should be considered lebanese and not nationalized....so y not call him for NT and also nationalize another one

daniab
09-15-2008, 09:24 AM
dani...,vogel is now lebanese for about 10 years...so he should be considered lebanese and not nationalized....so y not call him for NT and also nationalize another one

No,even if what ur saying is true.Vogel wont help us since hes 36 years old !
But vogel is still considered as naturalized in the law even if his wife is lebanese !

rtk04
09-15-2008, 09:27 AM
But vogel is still considered as naturalized in the law even if his wife is lebanese !

hehehe u r right....but if it was for me....i would call the 50-year old vogel to the NT instead of 20 year old bassem balaa or ali fakhreddine:P :P
anyway thx for the info man

daniab
09-15-2008, 10:41 AM
3 weeks for Stankovic and theres no coach for leb NT :( while Jordan had several of participations in friendly tournaments and camps,iran had around 30 games this summer,same for korea and china while our NT is doing nothing !!
:(

at least we should send our B team to test some young players like Elie stephan,mazen,tiago makhluf,tom ammar....

rtk04
09-15-2008, 12:24 PM
3 weeks for Stankovic and theres no coach for leb NT :( while Jordan had several of participations in friendly tournaments and camps,iran had around 30 games this summer,same for korea and china while our NT is doing nothing !!
:(

at least we should send our B team to test some young players like Elie stephan,mazen,tiago makhluf,tom ammar....

i heard that kuwait are no longer willing to host this tournament and the destination of the tournament is not clear...jordan offered to host it...

anyway are u sure dany that lebanon will participate??

Charbel Sakr
09-15-2008, 12:55 PM

hahhaa man, u cant convince the fiba of ur local rules.
though vogel is 100 % lebanese now based on our rules, he will always be considered a neutralized player

hope this new guy tiago makhlouf to be a good player, he would really help a lot.

daniab
09-15-2008, 01:11 PM
i heard that kuwait are no longer willing to host this tournament and the destination of the tournament is not clear...jordan offered to host it...

anyway are u sure dany that lebanon will participate??

Syria and jordan might host this tournament !

Khalid80
09-15-2008, 01:14 PM

I agree. We should start looking for new young centers that can replace Vogel. He has done alot for Lebanese bball over the last 8 years but it's time for him to step aside and give the chance for someone else.

Charbel Sakr
09-16-2008, 06:24 AM
I agree. We should start looking for new young centers that can replace Vogel. He has done alot for Lebanese bball over the last 8 years but it's time for him to step aside and give the chance for someone else.

if vogel were to be considered a local player, he would be a very good backup at the C position. But no he would be considered to be a neutralized so we should work on neutralizing a good big man.

rtk04
09-16-2008, 06:38 PM
hey guys...recent news say that the stankovic cup will be hosted by Kuwait ...
The teams that are expected to participate are : Lebanon, jordan, qatar, kazakhstan, saudi arabia, kuwait, thailand and india...

clearly this is a golden opportunity for lebanon to win it...despite the lack of preparation...

FEIFEI
09-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Latest News... - Sep 17, 2008 (by Mohammed Malas)
- The Lebanese basketball federation announced that they agreed terms with Aaron McCarthy from USA to be the coach of the Lebanese Men National Team for the upcoming period...

McCarthy's successful career in Europe encouraged the members of the federation as he was named as best coach in Finland 3 consecutive seasons before heading to Germany for another success..The american coach's main mission is to make it to World Cup 2010 in Turkey...

- Alvin Sims (193-G/F-74, college: Louisville) may be the 1st import of Anibal Zahle according to some sources in the country..

Sims is familiar to lebanese basketball as he was part of Sagesse's roster in the past, He also played in other countries like France, Austria, Kuwait & UAE.

- Al Muttahed club will utilize the benifits of the american forward Tony Williams (202-F-78, agency: ACMT, college: Louisville) for next season, The player will arrive soon to lebanon to start trainings with the team...

Williams began his career in Europe in playing in Turkey then he went to play in Italy and France.

daniab
09-18-2008, 12:48 PM
So now after we got a coach,we need to get some tall players !!!!
the work should start from now !

Khalid80
09-18-2008, 01:00 PM
So now after we got a coach,we need to get some tall players !!!!
the work should start from now !

Exactly. We need to start assembling a team from now so that we can prepare well for the Asian Championships in 2009 and hopefully get one of the top 3 spots to qualify to the World Championships in Turkey in 2010.
Teams like China, Iran, and Korea are currently ahead of us and if we don't work hard then we won't get anywhere especially since other teams like Jordan are catching up with us.

daniab
09-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Exactly. We need to start assembling a team from now so that we can prepare well for the Asian Championships in 2009 and hopefully get one of the top 3 spots to qualify to the World Championships in Turkey in 2010.
Teams like China, Iran, and Korea are currently ahead of us and if we don't work hard then we won't get anywhere especially since other teams like Jordan are catching up with us.

This is my preferable roster for our NT !

Ali Mahmoud,Rony Fahed,Ramy Akiki (Guards)
Jean Abdelnour,Mazen mneimneh,Matt Freije,Moe Fahes and Fadi El khatib if he reconsidered his decision to stop playing with the NT ( Forwads)

Charles Tabet,Philip Tabet, a naturalized player,Roy Samaha

another good players to add:
Sabah Khoury
Elie Estephan
Bassel Bawji
Tarek Ammoury
Julian Khazzouh if someone talked to him bcz apparently the Australian NT will get him before us :(

If this roster is used,i think we have a good chance in beating all the teams in asia !

Khalid80
09-18-2008, 08:26 PM
This is my preferable roster for our NT !

Ali Mahmoud,Rony Fahed,Ramy Akiki (Guards)
Jean Abdelnour,Mazen mneimneh,Matt Freije,Moe Fahes and Fadi El khatib if he reconsidered his decision to stop playing with the NT ( Forwads)

Charles Tabet,Philip Tabet, a naturalized player,Roy Samaha

another good players to add:
Sabah Khoury
Elie Estephan
Bassel Bawji
Tarek Ammoury
Julian Khazzouh if someone talked to him bcz apparently the Australian NT will get him before us :(

If this roster is used,i think we have a good chance in beating all the teams in asia !

Some other names worth mentioning:
Rodrigue Akl, Hayk Gyokchyan, Moustapha El Akkari, Tom Ammar (We'll see how he plays this season with Mouttahed), Nadim Souaid (If the guy keeps improving like he did last season, he definitely deserves a chance with the NT especially now with him joining a great team like Sagesse), Tiago Makhlouf (We'll have to see him play as well).
I know this is crazy but one player whom we seriously need to do consider developing is Elie Haber (I know all of us have made fun of him and we have criticized him alot but the guy, imo can still one day become a great player with the right work ethics and extremely tough training if he is up for it. As i have mentioned before, a 218 Lebanese player comes once in a blue moon, and since Elie is still 18 I think we can still do something with him within 3 or 4 years if and only if, he wants to become a good player).
As for the future of Lebanese basketball (next 5-10 years) Ahmad Ibrahim is definitely the player to rely on.

daniab
09-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Some other names worth mentioning:
Rodrigue Akl, Hayk Gyokchyan, Moustapha El Akkari, Tom Ammar (We'll see how he plays this season with Mouttahed), Nadim Souaid (If the guy keeps improving like he did last season, he definitely deserves a chance with the NT especially now with him joining a great team like Sagesse), Tiago Makhlouf (We'll have to see him play as well).
Right!

One player whom we seriously need to do consider developing is Elie Haber (I know all of us have made fun of him and we have criticized him alot but the guy, imo can still one day become a great player with the right work ethics and extremely tough training if he is up for it. As i have mentioned before, a 218 Lebanese player comes once in a blue moon, and since Elie is still 18 I think we can still do something with him within 3 or 4 years if and only if, he wants to become a good player).
Elie haber is 17years ! :D

As for the future of Lebanese basketball (next 5-10 years) Ahmad Ibrahim is definitely the player to rely on.
yep,Ahmad is definitely the best prospect,and he still can play with our youth team which will give us a great opportunity to get a good result in the coming junior tournaments!

dreamwalker
09-26-2008, 07:39 AM
I've heard Lebanon already hired Aaron McCarthy, an american coach for your team, well good luck for Team Lebanon.

As for the latest news in the Philippines,there will be two new coaches for two national teams, one is a team made up of PBA players coached by Yeng Guio until 2011 and the other composed of young collegiate talents coach by the Rajko Toroman (hopefully) and takes over after 2011 as the senior men's team. Both coaches consider the recruitment (naturalization) of a tall foreigner for the center position. I'm second guessing it might be a tall serbian.

Toroman arrived in the Philippines at SBP’s invitation to watch the UAAP and NCAA finals and observe practice games of PBA teams preparing for the season opening on Oct. 4.

The Serbian coach is a leading candidate to coach the Philippine team at the 2011 FIBA-Asia Championships for a slot in the London Olympics the next year. Before 2011, the PBA will take charge of the national squad with its own coach for the 2009 FIBA-Asia Championships to qualify the top three finishers for the 2010 World Championships in Turkey.

If the SBP and Toroman come to terms, his first major assignment will likely be in the 2010 Asian Games.

Toroman's plan is to prepare for the future, a pool of 15 top collegiate players must be formed now to practice regularly and eventually compete in the PBA as a team.

“There is tremendous potential in Philippine basketball, maybe two or three times more than in Iran which has no high school and college program,” he said. “Iran has a weak professional league while the Philippines has a very successful professional league with many talented players. We can start with 15 collegiate players and when there are invitations to play overseas, we could reinforce the team with some professionals depending on the necessity.”

Toroman said it would benefit the national team to be introduced to the European style of play.

As I read along this thread, looks like the new Team Lebanon is getting taller and stronger.

nnt01
09-26-2008, 07:48 AM
Wonder if you guys already hired a foreign coach ? The Philippines already made an offer to Rajko Toroman, the former head coach of Iran and currently his contract is under negotiation and will be known in a couple of days.

There will be two coaches for two Philippine teams, one is a team made up of PBA players coached by Yeng Guio until 2011 and the other composed of young collegiate talents coach by the Serbian coach and takes over after 2011 as the senior men's team. Both coaches considers the recruitment (naturalization) of a tall foreigner for the center position. I'm second guessing it might be a tall serbian.

As I read along this thread, looks like the new Team Lebanon is getting taller and stronger.
Yes, Aaron Mccarth was hired as our new coach.

Aaron McCarthy

Position: Head Coach
Born: November 24th, 1961
Nationality: USA

Coaching Career:
1987-1988: University of Utah (NCAA)
1988-1993: Bobcat Gent (Belgium)
1993-1994: Iso Castors Braine (Belgium -3 Month Period - 12-5 Record)
1994-1995: Steiner Bayreuth (Germany - 1.Bundesliga)
1997-2001: National Team Head Coach, Finland
1995-2000: Torpan Pojat Helsinki (Finland): In November 1999 resigned from club because of financial difficulties
2000: Coach Advisor Honka Espoo Playboys (Finland)
2000-2001: In Telindus BC Oostende (Belgium - Div1)
2002-2005: In March 2003 replaced Keith Gray at s.Oliver Würzburg (Germany - 1. Bundesliga)
2005-2006: Walter Tigers Tuebingen (Germany-1.Bundesliga), hired in Jan.'06
2006: In May agreed terms on extending contract with Walter Tigers Tuebingen (Germany-1.Bundesliga) for two more seasons
2006-2007: Walter Tigers Tuebingen (Germany-1.Bundesliga)
2007-2008: Walter Tigers Tuebingen (Germany-1.Bundesliga), released in Dec.'07

Awards/Achievements:
Belgian Cup Finalist -91
Belgian League All Star Game -91
Belgian Cup Winner -92
German Bundesliga Final Four -95
Saporta Cup Final 32 -97
Coach of the Year, Finland -95, 96, 97
Finnish Champion -96, 97, 98
Finnish Cup Winner -97, 98
Finnish Cup Finalist -99
Finnish League All Star Game -97
Euroleague Final 16 -01
Belgium Champion 2001
Belgium Cup Winner 2001
German Bundesliga Cup Final Four -04
Fiba Europe Cup Regional Final Four-04

Administrative | Teaching Experience:
Teambuilding Clinic for 400 Nokia Executives from Europe, Asia (2001)
Teambuilding Clinic for 100 Basketball Coaches from Scandinavia (1998)
Coaching Clinic for 50 First league Coaches from Belgium, France and Netherlands (1994)
Coaching Clinic for 200 Coaches from Belgium, France and Netherlands (1992)
Basketball-Team Camp Coordinator, University of Utah (1988)
Basketball-Team Camp Coordinator and Director, St. Joseph’s High School (1985-1987)

daniab
09-26-2008, 03:37 PM
According to a basketball forum,Ghassan Sarkis will be coaching the NT in Stankovic !

daniab
09-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Today,the national team will start practicing for the Stankovic cup ! :D

daniab
09-27-2008, 12:49 PM

my preferable roster of our B team :

Pos 1 : Ramy Akiki (187cm)-Rordigue Akl(186cm)-Sabah khoury(196cm)-Anis Feghali(182cm)
Pos 2-3: Moe Fahes(200cm)-Ghaleb Rida(192cm)-Elie Stephan(190cm)-Nadim Souaid(190cm)-Mazen mneimneh (194cm)
Pos 4-5: Hussein tawbe (197cm)-Mario Abboud(204cm)-Patrick Bou Abboud (200cm) !!

I wont be sad if Tom ammar (198cm) and Tiago Makhluf (210cm) are in ! and the problem is that Ahmad ozeir and roy samaha are injured so theres a big prob on 5 !!!!

daniab
09-28-2008, 11:48 AM
theres some talk that sagesse and mouttahed will not allow their players to join the NT !!!!

FEIFEI
09-28-2008, 11:52 AM
theres some talk that sagesse and mouttahed will not allow their players to join the NT !!!!
Why????

daniab
09-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Why????
the safety of their players since the league is about to start.

P.S : they are not allowing their players to play in Stankovic precisely !

FEIFEI
09-28-2008, 12:20 PM
the safety of their players since the league is about to start.

P.S : they are not allowing their players to play in Stankovic precisely !
So I thinke thay will allow their players to play asia game in 2009 and 2010.

daniab
09-29-2008, 08:46 AM
According to Assafir newspaper,Paul coughter will arrive soon to start coaching the different youth NTs.

Khalid80
09-29-2008, 01:57 PM
According to Assafir newspaper,Paul coughter will arrive soon to start coaching the different youth NTs.

I really hope that this is true. Coughter is exactly the type of coach that we need especially for developing our youth NTs.
I also wish that he would coach the senior NT again as well cuz the guy is really great.

leb-basket
09-29-2008, 03:30 PM
I really hope that this is true. Coughter is exactly the type of coach that we need especially for developing our youth NTs.
I also wish that he would coach the senior NT again as well cuz the guy is really great.
thats gd i mean caughter chapeau-bas :D if he is the coach of all our youth teams that means balach el majed :D yalla nchala 5eir

Charbel Sakr
09-30-2008, 08:54 AM
the best level of ball our NT has played was when Paul Caughter was the head coach. When will we learn from mistakes and reward those who were successful ????

rtk04
10-04-2008, 05:14 PM

my preferable roster of our B team :

Pos 1 : Ramy Akiki (187cm)-Rordigue Akl(186cm)-Sabah khoury(196cm)-Anis Feghali(182cm)
Pos 2-3: Moe Fahes(200cm)-Ghaleb Rida(192cm)-Elie Stephan(190cm)-Nadim Souaid(190cm)-Mazen mneimneh (194cm)
Pos 4-5: Hussein tawbe (197cm)-Mario Abboud(204cm)-Patrick Bou Abboud (200cm) !!

I wont be sad if Tom ammar (198cm) and Tiago Makhluf (210cm) are in ! and the problem is that Ahmad ozeir and roy samaha are injured so theres a big prob on 5 !!!!

dani...are these the players that are going to stankovic cup or it is just your expectation?

rtk04
10-04-2008, 08:14 PM
i read in kooora forum that lebanon will not participate in stankovic cup...

karim
10-04-2008, 11:03 PM
hey guys so whos gonna stay from last year,s NT ....will vogel be replaced and will fadi come back ....when will they announce the roster ? 3anjad the organization sefer ...im surprised we even got 2nd place in asia last year especially with balaa playing key minutes instead of ali f or roy .....so plz guys if anyone knows ......

daniab
10-05-2008, 11:40 AM
hey guys so whos gonna stay from last year,s NT ....will vogel be replaced and will fadi come back ....when will they announce the roster ? 3anjad the organization sefer ...im surprised we even got 2nd place in asia last year especially with balaa playing key minutes instead of ali f or roy .....so plz guys if anyone knows ......

Nobody knows karim,everyone is waiting the new coach to arrive.

nardy
10-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Is there any updates on Ahmad Ibrahim and Hayk Gyokchyan, how are they now doing in the US?

daniab
10-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Is there any updates on Ahmad Ibrahim and Hayk Gyokchyan, how are they now doing in the US?

Ahmad ibrahim is in US practicing with Patterson High school.
Hayk gyokchyan the same practicing with Lawrencville high school,unfortunately hayk failed last year to graduate from high school.He was planning to sign with Arkansas Pine Bluff.

Charbel Sakr
10-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Ahmad ibrahim is in US practicing with Patterson High school.
Hayk gyokchyan the same practicing with Lawrencville high school,unfortunately hayk failed last year to graduate from high school.He was planning to sign with Arkansas Pine Bluff.

so Hayk is a kevin garnett type of student so far??? lets hope he can be as good as him in ball too :P

daniab
12-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Aaron Mccarthy is not official yet,the federation will choose one of the 3 following coaches: Dragan Ratza,Elias Zouros and Aaron Mccarthy.

Source : www.assafir.com

rtk04
01-08-2009, 03:22 PM
hi all....any news about whether there is a replaacement for vogel in the national team...

daniab
01-08-2009, 04:59 PM
hi all....any news about whether there is a replaacement for vogel in the national team...

according to Ghayath,the new nationalize player is very strong !!

rtk04
01-08-2009, 05:16 PM

dani i heard that fiba asia will be in china again this summer...i was hoping that it can be in the gulf because lebanese fans can play a big role...also time will not help us watch the games live....anyway if khatib doesnt choose to play,...i think w will not be able to qualify to world cup....hope he changes his mind

daniab
01-08-2009, 05:36 PM
dani i heard that fiba asia will be in china again this summer...i was hoping that it can be in the gulf because lebanese fans can play a big role...also time will not help us watch the games live....anyway if khatib doesnt choose to play,...i think w will not be able to qualify to world cup....hope he changes his mind

With or Without El khatib,we will be in turkey World championship 2010 hopefully.

Khalid80
01-08-2009, 05:51 PM

Any possible names of candidates? Is it going to be a player of Lebanese origin or an American just like when Vogel was naturalized?

Khalid80
01-08-2009, 05:53 PM
With or Without El khatib,we will be in turkey World championship 2010 hopefully.

Without Khatib it will be really tough and taking into consideration that the other teams in Asia have caught up with our level.

daniab
01-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Without Khatib it will be really tough and taking into consideration that the other teams in Asia have caught up with our level.

With a good coach,we have many good players that are waiting a chance to play in the NT.Fadi will return to the NT,im sure about it.And the NT will make it all the way to Turkey,im sure inchalla!

About names,nothing so far but i was told that the nationalize player is currently playing in europe and not in Lebanon.

Charbel Sakr
01-09-2009, 12:43 AM

thats a big statement right there, not sure on what ur relying.
we literally suck at the 4,5 spots :S we didnt neturalize any player yet to try to fill the gap we have in rebounding, blockshots and inside scoring.
we dont have a coach yet!!

But Fadi El-khatib will play for sure. He said it in an interview right after the game with Brazil last year in the olympics qualifiers.

Charbel Sakr
01-09-2009, 12:47 AM
About names,nothing so far but i was told that the nationalize player is currently playing in europe and not in Lebanon.

whose ur source? last time i asked i heard that mike frasier and ron alexander are the names bein discussed.

i will ask someone from the FLBB about what you said. I hope its true, he can help us. we need any extra help we can get at the 4,5 spots. we suck at these positions.

Charbel Sakr
01-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Why dont we put the former head coach of china as a head coach for our NT????

eliooo93
01-09-2009, 01:34 AM
I dont get it, why fadi doesnt want to play with the NT?!!?! at the end of the game '' leb vs brazil '' i remember that khatib said : this time we did not have any chance to compete'' and added '' WE WILL qualify to the world championship, there is no dought about that'' and he said that he will be there. this is the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgUGnSPJwgY

mike fraiser is the best choice to replace vogel

daniab
01-09-2009, 10:31 AM
whose ur source? last time i asked i heard that mike frasier and ron alexander are the names bein discussed.

i will ask someone from the FLBB about what you said. I hope its true, he can help us. we need any extra help we can get at the 4,5 spots. we suck at these positions.

My source is Ghayath Dibra,check his group on facebook.Nothing from my imagination.He said that the federation is working now on 2 leb abroads and the nationalize player is not currently playing in lebanon.

daniab
01-09-2009, 11:10 AM
thats a big statement right there, not sure on what ur relying.
we literally suck at the 4,5 spots :S we didnt neturalize any player yet to try to fill the gap we have in rebounding, blockshots and inside scoring.
we dont have a coach yet!!

But Fadi El-khatib will play for sure. He said it in an interview right after the game with Brazil last year in the olympics qualifiers.

I have faith in our guys,maybe its too much but we must be optimistic.With a strong nationalize player and 2 leb abroads,probably big forwards and centers,we have quite a good chance to make it even without El Khatib.

Khalid80
01-09-2009, 02:44 PM
I have faith in our guys,maybe its too much but we must be optimistic.With a strong nationalize player and 2 leb abroads,probably big forwards and centers,we have quite a good chance to make it even without El Khatib.

It's true we have alot of talent but what is so special about Khatib is that he's a scorer, plays aggressive, gets alot of fouls and is a good free throw shooter. He has an advantage over other players in Asia at the post he plays and the other teams are forced to double team him which leaves other players free for an open shot.
I really hope what Ghayath is saying is true and we need to start assembling our NT from so that we can prepare well for the next Asian Championship.

Charbel Sakr
01-10-2009, 10:24 AM
My source is Ghayath Dibra,check his group on facebook.Nothing from my imagination.He said that the federation is working now on 2 leb abroads and the nationalize player is not currently playing in lebanon.

Ghayath Dibra??? good reason not to believe hehe

but if we do that, we can win it all! i hope so

Btw, no one commented on the coach i want for the NT, what do u guys think?

Charbel Sakr
01-10-2009, 10:27 AM

hey we all have faith in our guys!!!

Elkhatib wanna play. i dont know where u got it from that he doesnt wanna play. I think El-khatib got to the realization that as long as he is playing on a high level, the team needs him and he will have to play so he will !!

If we got guys like Matt and Julian and a neutralized player! Even China wont be a match for us but i dont think we are getting Matt or Julian

but if we get a good Neutralized C and other Lebanese abroad players on the 4,5 (other than matt and julian) we will be in a great position and get to teh finals once again,...without that i will be really worried :mad:

Khalid80
01-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Btw, no one commented on the coach i want for the NT, what do u guys think?

R u talking about Jonas Kazlauskas, the Lithuanian coach?

If yes then that guy is a great coach but I don't know if he's currently available.
He has previously coached the top 2 bball teams in Lithuania: Žalgiris Kaunas and Lietuvos Rytas (1994-2004). He coached for 2 years as well with one of the top teams in Greece (Olympiacos from 2004-2006)
As for his experience with NT's he was the coach of the Lithuanian NT (1997-2001) and the Chinese NT (2004-2008).

The only problem that I see (other than not currently being available) is that he would be very expensive and I don't know if the FLBB has the appropriate budget for such a candidate.

Charbel Sakr
01-11-2009, 12:01 AM
R u talking about Jonas Kazlauskas, the Lithuanian coach?

If yes then that guy is a great coach but I don't know if he's currently available.
He has previously coached the top 2 bball teams in Lithuania: Žalgiris Kaunas and Lietuvos Rytas (1994-2004). He coached for 2 years as well with one of the top teams in Greece (Olympiacos from 2004-2006)
As for his experience with NT's he was the coach of the Lithuanian NT (1997-2001) and the Chinese NT (2004-2008).

The only problem that I see (other than not currently being available) is that he would be very expensive and I don't know if the FLBB has the appropriate budget for such a candidate.

he is great as u said and probably the best fit for us but as u said he might ask for money more than we are willin to pay or afford :mad:

daniab
01-11-2009, 08:55 AM
hey we all have faith in our guys!!!

Elkhatib wanna play. i dont know where u got it from that he doesnt wanna play. I think El-khatib got to the realization that as long as he is playing on a high level, the team needs him and he will have to play so he will !!
:

It seems u didnt watch him from a month with Ibrahim Wehbe on New TV,he said clearly that he doesnt want to play anymore in the NT.

Concerning Matt nd Julian,i hope man i hope .It would be a great thing then!

rtk04
01-11-2009, 05:19 PM
It seems u didnt watch him from a month with Ibrahim Wehbe on New TV,he said clearly that he doesnt want to play anymore in the NT.

u r right...but also he said in the same interview that he might play if player x will not be included in the NT...cz fadi said that this person attacked him behind his back.....does anyone know who might this player be.,...i think it is saba7 khoury

daniab
01-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Jean Abdelnour is awesome,he's only 25years old,and he's doing great.He can fill the pos 2-3 really well.The thing is that Jean can do and play many roles on the court like defending,rebouding,scoring,stealing....he's an overall player,and the proof is that he's the best lebanese rebounder in the league.
Today vs Mouttahed,he had a wonderfull game and he was truly a leader who can always get critical points.I'm big fan of Jean and i hope he will get what he deserves in the NT.
Other player to mention is Rodrigue Akl,he's not a Great offensive player, but he is a true point Guard,he's 20years,and having a good season with Blue Stars,maybe in 3 years he will be like Ali Mahmoud and even better,who knows?

rtk04
01-11-2009, 05:38 PM

u r right...but also he said in the same interview that he might play if player x will not be included in the NT...cz fadi said that this person attacked him behind his back.....does anyone know who might this player be.,...i think it is saba7 khoury

Charbel Sakr
01-11-2009, 10:07 PM

i dont watch that shit, and apparently u didnt watch his interview after the Brazil game

and after what rtk04 said it looks like u didnt listen closely to what El-khatib said

as i was sayin a year ago exactly Fadi Elkhatib, no matter what he says, will play for the Lebanese NT! unless he is severely injured

eliooo93
01-12-2009, 04:06 AM
can i ask why fadi wants to leave the NT?

daniab
01-12-2009, 08:10 AM
i dont watch that shit, and apparently u didnt watch his interview after the Brazil game

and after what rtk04 said it looks like u didnt listen closely to what El-khatib said

as i was sayin a year ago exactly Fadi Elkhatib, no matter what he says, will play for the Lebanese NT! unless he is severely injured

that interview i was talking about is from a month while the game against brazil is very old so ??

Charbel Sakr
01-12-2009, 08:24 AM
that interview i was talking about is from a month while the game against brazil is very old so ??

the Brazil games interview was few months ago at the pre-olympics to a foreign reporter. Fadi El-khatib say whatever he wishes for Lebanese media, but when Fiba asis comes he will be starting for the Lebanese NT.

daniab
01-12-2009, 08:27 AM
the Brazil games interview was few months ago at the pre-olympics to a foreign reporter. Fadi El-khatib say whatever he wishes for Lebanese media, but when Fiba asis comes he will be starting for the Lebanese NT.

I hope so,i wont be sad if he will play for NT.

daniab
01-14-2009, 09:37 PM
According to Ghayath Dibra,we will start hearing news about the national team starting by the next week.

spider
01-20-2009, 08:20 AM
before looking abroad for lebanese players we should give young talent the chance, like ahmad ibrahim, he was playing until 14 years in lebanon before going to the states three years ago. he is better than those tabet brothers ,couple of fruitcakes i hate them....
and he's better than those guys playing in ncaa2, australian league and so on we have talent here, unless it's someone really good yes but these players are not better than the ones in lebanon. and one more thing there are some players that shouldn't be in the NT this year, abdelnour,balaa,elturk,fakhreddine,vogel,brian,ron y

Khalid80
01-20-2009, 09:36 AM
before looking abroad for lebanese players we should give young talent the chance, like ahmad ibrahim, he was playing until 14 years in lebanon before going to the states three years ago. he is better than those tabet brothers ,couple of fruitcakes i hate them....
and he's better than those guys playing in ncaa2, australian league and so on we have talent here, unless it's someone really good yes but these players are not better than the ones in lebanon. and one more thing there are some players that shouldn't be in the NT this year, abdelnour,balaa,elturk,fakhreddine,vogel,brian,ron y

Ahmad Ibrahim is the future of Lebanon and has a great career ahead of him.
But from the names that u mentioned that should be removed from the NT, I don't know why u included the names of Jean Abdulnour and Rony Fahed to this list. They still r great players with alot of experience and r still in their prime.

rtk04
01-20-2009, 02:40 PM

only two players that should never be called to the national team is balaa and fakhreddine

daniab
01-20-2009, 03:29 PM

Jean Abdelnour ? Why ?
The guy is playing really well this year but its better to wait your explications about that before saying my point of view about the players that must be not called to the NT.

Khalid80
01-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Why dont we put the former head coach of china as a head coach for our NT????

Kazlauskas is no longer available. He just agreed to coach the Greek NT.

Charbel Sakr
01-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Kazlauskas is no longer available. He just agreed to coach the Greek NT.

yup i heard :mad: it seems that me and the Greek bball federation were on the same page :P