Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIBA 2010 Twine started by Michelle

Hello friends,

I have started a Twine page on the 2010 championships to hold information on the games, venues, cities in Turkey, and all kinds of information in preparation for my trip there. I have made this a public page for anyone who might be interested in going to Turkey for the games, or sharing information with those people.

Twine.com is still in public beta, but if you would like to get an account to contribute to this page while it is still in beta, please send me a PM and I will send you an invite. Twine should open up to the wider public pretty soon; when it does I hope we can invite all of our friends to this page to leave information, pictures, and websites.

While the games are still two years away, I feel it is not too early to begin to research my trip, start my savings fund and start thinking about what I will do, who I will visit and what I will see when I go to Turkey.

Here is a link to the page, and again please send me a PM or email for an invite to Twine.

Best regards to all,
    Michelle
    Michelle Tackabery
    Tackabery Chronicle
    Durham, NC, USA

tackberry is ALIVE!!!ALIVE!!!
    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Yes, I have finally recovered from a season without Engin playing Wolfpack basketball. I had to retreat to a spa in the mountains and receive much therapy. Doctors kept telling me to accept reality, and I kept asking for drugs to help me with that because it was just impossible. They would send me back to watch another game, and they'd have to wheel me out at the end because I'd be wailing so loudly from the third tier the team thought a banshee moved in. Ben missed Engin so much he sulked through the entire first half of the season. It was terrible, terrible, terrible. Obviously the bad karma affected Engin in Italy, because his scores were about the same. A black year, my friends.

But! now the sun shines and I have earned my M.S. degree, so who knows what could happen?
      Michelle Tackabery
      Tackabery Chronicle
      Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Originally posted by mktackabery
        Yes, I have finally recovered from a season without Engin playing Wolfpack basketball. I had to retreat to a spa in the mountains and receive much therapy. Doctors kept telling me to accept reality, and I kept asking for drugs to help me with that because it was just impossible. They would send me back to watch another game, and they'd have to wheel me out at the end because I'd be wailing so loudly from the third tier the team thought a banshee moved in. Ben missed Engin so much he sulked through the entire first half of the season. It was terrible, terrible, terrible. Obviously the bad karma affected Engin in Italy, because his scores were about the same. A black year, my friends.

But! now the sun shines and I have earned my M.S. degree, so who knows what could happen?
        I thought it would be Atsur youd be sad about Dont fell bad, I had to watch your "third-tier" NC State team beat up on my lowly BC Eagles (along w/ KU) on national TV.
        My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
        1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
        1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
        1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
        1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
        1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
        1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
        1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

It's great hearing from you again, Michelle. Atsür clearly sought for your support last season.

I'll look into the twine page when the internet is more available for me. So, you planned a visit here for the tournament, and I'm sure you're gonna get a very warm welcome from your friends here, though I will possibly have to be in some other place on earth (for work).

Congrats on the M.S, by the way.
          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by sariss
            I will possibly have to be in some other place on earth (for work).
            Thanks for the kind wishes sariss, but I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully you can find a way out of that in time for the big games, it would be a shame for you to miss the finals!
            Michelle Tackabery
            Tackabery Chronicle
            Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information